Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets and Lies ❯ Secrents and Lies ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Secrets and Lies By: Idria  

They say that my name is Celena Schezar, sister to Allen Schezar who is a popular Knight of Heaven. In this moment between my usual state of a five-year-old little girl’s mentality and that of a teenager, I came to notice something as I sit and watch my brother read. He is hiding something from me.

Why am I so often reduced to a child in all ways mental and emotional, then other times I so nearly feel as if I am not even myself anymore. Like right now, I am between the five-year-old and the teenager. I think of things, I see things. Battles, blood, gore.

And, then again, I see a kind female face and the usually-nice face of my older brother. I know the female face belongs to my mother, who I am told is dead now like my father. Strangely, I don’t remember my father’s face from memory.

Right now, Allen has no idea that I’m even staring at him. Or maybe he does and he chooses to ignore it. Sometimes when I get this way, he looks almost terrified about something. That’s how I know that he’s hiding something. When I ask, either at times like these or later, why he looked at me so funny, he says it was nothing and seems to almost be trying to reassure himself of something.

These things, small things, such as the look in his eyes, the subtle body language that shows he’s uneasy, doesn’t become apparent to me very obviously when I’m like a five-year-old little girl.

What could he be hiding? What could possibly shake a Knight of Heaven so obviously? And why do others give me such odd looks at times? It’s as if they, too, are privileged enough to know something that I’m not.

Am I not really his sister? Maybe I was adopted when he was young and I just don’t remember and he’s taken it upon himself to take care of me ever since his mother passed away. But, then, why do I not have memories of anything after being five years old to waking up in a Guymelef and in some odd-looking armor?

Is he lying to protect me from some sinister secret? If he is, I wish he wouldn’t. I deserve to know if something is threatening me or if there’s something wrong with me. He always says that I am normal, yet later tells me I’m not like the other girls and should be careful, especially around men and boys. Most of the time, I don’t listen. Why should I? No one has hurt me yet.

And, even now, as I feel myself becoming giggly and know that I am returning to my childlike state I know that I am at the center of something very big.

My giggly state spills over into actual laughter and Allen looks at me and smiles, like he always does when I’m this way. I wonder what I was so afraid of earlier. Oh well!

I get up and run out of the room, to go outside and see if it’s too late to catch fireflies or not.