Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow of Doubt ❯ Fanelia's Cat Fire ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fanelia burning in the backround, the ashes and smoke fill the sky, nothing will surivive the eternal flames that surround her.. Hitomi sees the 17 year-old Merle standing there in the smoke and fire, dying, parashing. Hitomi can bare not to look. She hears Merle scream in pain as her fur singes in the the wild flames that surround her, her skin underneath melts away showing the bear bone of her legs which are giving away to fall into the fiery pit of Fanelia. Van guides the horses of the carriage away from the burning inferno with tears of pain and sadness, pain and sadness that will never be lifted from his heart, for he cannot forgive himself for what he had done, but he knew it was a mtter out of his control, but still cxould not forgive. Hitomi sits, crying, reaching out the melting remains of the cat, screaming her name which will echo in the history of Fanelia, burned to ashes... After some bit of time Van and Hitomi lay close to each other sitting at the stump of a tree not so far off from Asturia, where they intend to go and ask for help from their friends. They cannot go to sleep too much pain fills their hearts as they silently do not speak and give their respects to Merle, a beloved friend who deserved not to leave so early in life. Hitomi sits and dreams in the arms of her beloved seeing pictures of pain and death of what was and some of what to come..

*(Hitomi's Dream)*

Fire, Fanelia burning yet, once again, she sees Merle again near to her death crying in pain, soon a faded picture of Merle's face comes closer to Hitomi.
Merle: Hitomi, hitomi, hitomi, you left me, you left me, why, why? Do you wish to cause pain? I will see you in the forest tonight and I will save his, yes, Van's life, and I shall give another chance to save me, to save me.. please, help me Hitomi! help me! (Merle's voice echoed, then vanished)

*(Hitomi's Dream Ends)*


Hitomi wakes up in a flash, with surprise, she was painting full of fear like never before. Hitomi softly tugs on Van's shirt..

Hitomi: Van! Wake up, Van!

Van: Hitomi! What is it? What's wrong?

Hitomi: I'm not sure, but something, something's coming!

Van: What?

Hitomi heard the rustles in the bushes and saw what she had seen before the treetops rustling as well.

Hitomi *Whispers*: Guymelefs...

Van: What? Hitomi what is it?

Hitomi: Van, we have to get out of here!

Hitomi grabbed Van's hand and pulled him up as she started to run deeper into the forest, which seemed like farther away from danger. But Hitomi did not know what the true danger was, not the guymelefs, but something even more powerful...




- Sorry that I had to end this but I have to keep the suspense.