Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Cold Rain Falls ❯ Who? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Cold Rain Falls
"..."- Talking
'Italics'- Thinking
/>italics>/- Dream Sequence
Ω..Ω- Author's Notes ΩThere won't be many, usually just for clarification purposesΩ
Summary: "Why are you so against love?" "Because I've seen love die way to many times when it deserved to be alive..."
Pairings: Not Telling…You'll get it soon enough
Disclaimer: I own nothing...but the plot of this story!
------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
"Our top MTV story today has to deal with the hottest band out there right now. Ladies living the in the Kyoto area won't want to miss this. Falling On Deaf Ears, the drop dead gorgeous male band that crashed onto the music scene 2 years ago and exploded onto everyone's favourite music list will be coming off their year long world tour and entering the next school year as regular..."
BZZZT!
She turned off the TV in an attempt at peace and quiet. She wasn't paying attention to it anyway and she wanted to finish the book she borrowed from her best friend, Yukari Uchida, before they went out tonight because she knew that if she didn't finish it soon, she might never get it back to her before school started in a few days.
Bring! Bring!
The telephone rang. It seemed as though luck was not on her side today.
"Moshi Moshi!" she said quite cheerfully as she answered the infernal peace wrecker. But the moment she did, she instantly regretted it. Squealing, screaming, and someone talking in hysterics came through the line. "Hello Yukari..."
"Hitomi!" Yukari Squealed, "You'll never guess who's coming to our school this year!"
Oh goody. Useless gossip. How she LOVED the subject. NOT! Hitomi heaved a heavy sigh and asked who.
Yukari gave a great gasp from the other end of the line. "You mean you weren't watching MTV?"
"Ummm...no. I was trying to finish that book you lent me beforeI was so rudely interrupted." She said sarcastically. she didn't mean for it to come out as mean as it did, but she was ticked off that she had been disturbed.
"Well, if you're going to be so snitty, then I won't tell you!"
"Fine. I'll see you later on tonight and you can tell me then if you want. Goodbye." Hitomi hung up the phone and instantly felt guilty. she once again didn't mean to lose her temper, it just seemed like the littlest things were getting on her nerves lately. Maybe it was the looming idea of returning to school. It was only a few days away after all and she hadn't done any of her shopping yet. That's what she and Yukari were supposed to do tonight. Or maybe it was that she would be a junior this year. All the added pressures of thinking about what you wanted to do with your life and picking out colleges and universities and being more of a role model to the younger students. She just didn't know. She returned to her book and let the rest of the day float away.
/>There was a hum. It was a quiet hum that sounded like a familiar song, but the name of which you couldn't quite remember. She was running. From what, she didn't know. But a better question would have been to whom? She saw a silhouette in the distance. Who it was, she couldn't tell. The music, that same hum from before, had become a ringing.>/ 'Ringing?'
She awoke with a start. Hitomi was a little disoriented and at first didn't realize she was in her own house. `The phone………it was the phone that was ringing.' She reached over and answered it. “Hello? Hi mom………Yes, I'm still going out with Yukari tonight……..Yes, I'll be home before 10……Ok Love you too. Bye” She hung up. Her family was out of town until tomorrow and her mother, being the paranoid freak that she is, insisted on calling her practically every hour to check up on her. She checked her watch before jumping out of her seat, realizing how late it was. She ran into the bathroom, showered, changed and was out the door in 20 minutes flat. Surely, it must have been a new record for a girl her age.
------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
She met Yukari outside the mall and boy did she look mad. “Where HAVE you been? I've been waiting here for 20 minutes already!”
“I know I'm sorry. I fell asleep. But I'm here now so can we get shopping?” Yukari Humphed and looked away. “Come on! I'll even buy you dinner to show how sorry I am!”
“Well, that's a start I suppose.”
“Ha ha, Good. Now come on! It's warm out here. Let's get into that nice air conditioned building!” They both giggled and made their way into the store. “Now, what did you have to tell me before I cut you off?”
“OH YEAH! I was watching MTV (I can't believe you weren't) and you'll never guess who's coming to be students in our school!”
“Do I really have to guess?” She hated guessing games.
“'Sigh' I suppose not. FALLING ON DEAF EARS!”
“Who?”
------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
-->Well guys. Here it is. My first chapter to my first Esca story. Please read and review (I suppose that if you are reading this then you have already done the reading part so please review) I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors and that sort of stuff. still getting used to the posting system...Getting lots of help from Deceptress (Read her Inu one shot “It's Only Been A Day”) and Betarail. Constructive criticism welcome, flames on the other hand extremely unwelcome but if you feel the need to flame, then please, feel free. I enjoy reading people's flames……..they make me laugh.
-->Wings Of Ash