Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Happy Sequel To Escaflowne ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Happy Escaflowne Sequel Movie In Which Hitomi and Van Stay Together For Ever And Ever And.... and Celena Is A Prominent Character And Folken's Ghost Comes By Every Once In A While To Chat

Two years after the Vision of Escaflowne series has ended. Celena is now at the maturity level of a seven-year-old...

SCENE 1: Interior of Castle. Small study with tapestries on the walls, a couple of upholstered seats, many bookshelves. VAN and ALLEN are sitting on chairs and talking. CELENA is sitting on the floor with a skipping rope and some paper dolls, playing idly and not listening

VAN: Hey, I'm glad we don't have to do any sword fighting anymore.

ALLEN: Why, because you don't like it when I always beat you in sparring?

VAN: Shut up. Anyway, it's much more pleasant to sit here and talk and watch Celena play. Oh yeah....that's another reason why I'm glad we don't have to sword fight anymore, because we don't have to deal with a certain person anymore.

CELENA gets up and starts skipping rope, singing to herself

VAN: At what maturity level is she now?

ALLEN: Seven. It's nice to see her growing up...just it seems somewhat odd that she's seventeen but still acts like a seven year old. Sometimes I wish she could mature just a little faster?

CELENA: (to herself as she skips) Ring around the rosies, pockets full of posies, ashes ashes, we all fall down!

ALLEN: That's it! Poetry! Poetry will make her mature faster! Come here, Celena.

CELENA: Okay, Allen. (she walks over to him)

ALLEN pulls a small book out of the bookshelf and hands it to CELENA

ALLEN: Here, read this, I think you'll like it.

The title "Nature Poetry For Children," can be seen

CELENA: Okay, thank you Allen

CELENA sits back on the floor and begins to read.

VAN: 0.0

MERLE climbs in through the window and runs over to VAN

MERLE: Van-sama! Van-sama!

CELENA: 0.0

VAN: Merle, I thought you were picking fruit

MERLE: Millerna and I made some jam and I thought you would like some!

ALLEN: Sounds good. Hey, Celena, would you like to eat some jam?

CELENA: Okay

VAN: Hey, everyone, what are we all still doing here? Just wondering and all but...

ALLEN: What do you mean?

VAN: Well, the series is over, the Alternate Universe movie is over....what are we all still doing in a story?

MERLE: You're in a parody movie! It's called "The Happy Escaflowne Sequel Movie In Which Hitomi and Van Stay Together For Ever And Ever And.... and Celena Is A Prominent Character And Folken's Ghost Comes By Every Once In A While To Chat."

CELENA: Interesting name!

ALLEN: Quite descriptive, too.

VAN: (off in dreamland.) Hmmm....Hitomi....I miss Hitomi.

ALLEN: Merle, how did you know about this?

MERLE: Well...see...it's a parody and often in parodies, characters can find copies of the parody as well as the parody merchandise! Like in "Spaceballs!"

VAN: (snapping out of his trance.) Spaceballs?

MERLE: Eh...nevermind Van-sama! (hugs Van.)

ALLEN: If we could possibly find a copy of the movie....then we would know what was going to happen!

VAN: Lets look for a video! Everyone split up and look for one!

MERLE: Eh...Van-sama? What's a video?

ALLEN: I was also wondering....

CELENA: What are you talking about?

VAN: Oh never mind, just look for one!

EVERYONE ELSE: 0.0

SCENE 2: Exterior. Hitomi's school. HITOMI and YUKARI are walking and talking together near the track.

YUKARI: So THEN he said to her that he wasn't going to go out with such a geek but if she dressed better and all he would go out with her and all. So she didn't stop liking him even though he had been such a JERK, so she decided to make herself over and....

HITOMI: You know, this sounds like American Teen movies of the 1990's.

YUKARI: What do you know about American teen movies?

HITOMI: Eh....nevermind.

YUKARI: Anyway you never go out. How come?

HITOMI: I just don't feel like it.

YUKARI: You can't just not feel like it. Do you like someone?

HITOMI: Maybe

HITOMI VOICE OVER: (hereafter referred to as V.O) I wish I could go back to Gaea. I miss Van so much. All the people there are so wonderful. Life here seems--shallow by comparison

YUKARI: You okay?

HITOMI: Yeah, I'm fine. Hey I need to go to the library a second.

YUKARI: Yeah. I'd go with you but I need to catch my bus.

HITOMI: Bye!

YUKARI: Bye!

YUKARI begins to run off. HITOMI sits down and sighs

HITOMI V.O: I wonder if I could go back to Gaea?

SCENE 3: starts in ext. Hitomi's school, but....

AUTHOR'S NOTE: The next sequence is borrowed loosely from the real Escaflowne movie but we liked it and thought it would go well in a humor sequel, so....

Suddenly, a beam of light surrounds HITOMI and she is sucked up into it, from earth to Gaea and finds herself in the cockpit (for lack of better word) of Escaflowne.

HITOMI: NANI OKUREI? Hey, I'm in the cockpit of the Escaflowne! Weird! So this is how it looks! Oh! What's this?

HITOMI notices a small video package with the words "The Happy Escaflowne Sequel Movie In Which Hitomi and Van Stay Together For Ever And Ever And.... and Celena Is A Prominant Character And Folken's Ghost Comes By Every Once In A While To Chat." on it. She picks it up.

HITOMI: I wonder if there's a tape in here?

HITOMI opens the package but finds only a note inside.

HITOMI V.O: "Sorry, but you may not see the tape until the parody is finished." *Darn* it!

SCENE 4: Ext. The meadow in the end of the series where the Escaflowne is at and Van and Hitomi hug and all of the ghosts appear in ep 26. VAN is standing next to the Escaflowne.

VAN V.O: Hmmm....maybe the video is in the Escaflowne? It's not anywhere in the castle...

VAN opens the cockpit to the Escaflowne. HITOMI falls out onto him and they roll in the grass for a few seconds before looking up.

VAN: Nani okurei?

HITOMI: Van?

VAN: Hitomi?

VAN and HITOMI stand up and look at each other for a moment, then embrace

HITOMI: Oh Van, I've missed you so much!

VAN: I've missed you too, Hitomi!

HITOMI: This time I'm staying in Gaea

VAN: Forever?

HITOMI: Forever and ever and ever....

VAN: Hey, you're quoting the movie title!

VAN and HITOMI hug for a few minutes and then VAN gently kisses HITOMI (nothing nasty, guys! Not yet, anyway!) CELENA enters, holding her poetry book.

CELENA: Ooh, this would be a perfect place to read this book! Wait, what's going on over there?

CELENA runs over to VAN and HITOMI

CELENA: Hi Van! Who's your friend?

VAN: Hi Celena. Celena, this is Hitomi, this is the girl from the Mystic Moon that we've told you about. Hitomi, this is Celena, Allen's sister.

HITOMI: Hi, Celena.

CELENA: You're really Hitomi? You're from the Mystic Moon? How cool! Is it exciting there?

HITOMI: Not nearly as exciting as it is here.

VAN: Actually it's not so exciting these days.

CELENA: I can't really remember when it was exciting, though as Allen says I probably should be glad I don't remember!

VAN: Don't remind me, please.

HITOMI: Isn't Celena.....

VAN: Don't remind me.

CELENA: Am I what?

HITOMI: Well, yeah, her face slightly resembles....

VAN: SHUT UP!

HITOMI: Sorry 0.0

CELENA: 0.0

VAN: Eh....let's go back to the palace now.....

CELENA: Yay! I wanna' show Hitomi my room! And my poetry book and my dolly and my skipping rope and.....

HITOMI: She acts nothing like him.

VAN: I told you to stop talking about that!

CELENA: Don't you want to see my room and my dolly?

HITOMI: Eh....sure

CELENA: My room is pretty! It's sea green with border wallpaper of butterflies!

HITOMI: You have wallpaper in Gaea?

VAN: What's a video?

HITOMI: Why do you ask?

CELENA: I thought you knew, Van.

VAN: Well I don't.

HITOMI: Uh...it's a little...cassette thing that you....stick in a VCR..eh nevermind Van. I don't think they have them in Gaea.

VAN: Well if they did...wait, how'd Merle know about it then?

CELENA: Let's go back to the castle now!

VAN: Sure

HITOMI: Sounds good.