Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The New Slayer ❯ Chapter One ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
I only saw the episodes they showed of Fox Kids before taking it off. None of the slayers die, or have died in this story. And Dilandau IS NOT CELENA! Those who love action packed battles in guymelefs, I'm sorry, but this story won't have many (If any at all). I did try to add a touch of humor as well, but I was serious through most of it. But that dosn't mean that it's boring! It's a suspence thriller. It is also my first shot at a Fan-fic, so I'm sorry if you don't like it. I do not own escaflowne, so all rights go to who ever made it.

The New Slayer

Dilandau sighed. He was tired of waiting for this new dragon slayer. They said that he was being delivered as they spoke, and that was three weeks ago. Actually they hadn't said he at all. They had referred to whoever it was as an "IT". As though he wasn't even human. He had not worried about that more then a second. What really roused his interest was that they were delivering him. Not transporting him, delivering him. Again they were making this new-comer sound like a possesion, instead of a person. An insane smile crossed his face as he thought of treating him as one. From the corner of his eye he saw that Shesta had come in, and the worried look at his expression. "What?" Dilandau said in a flat, bored tone. "Lord Folken has informed me that the new dragon slayer will arrive today." the younger boy said. "What time?" Dilandau inquired. "He didn't say, Lord Dilandau." Shesta anwsered. "Fine. You may leave." He said without his usual forcefulness. Shesta hesitated, but then turned and left. "Hmmmm." Was all Dilandau said.

**************

Shesta sighed when he had closed the door to throne room. Lord Dilandau seemed well... worried about this new slayer. They had long been informed of his, or rather it's, soon-to-come arrival. Naturally, the slayers had all wondered what he would be like, but Lord Dilandau seemed worried about something they must have told him. And what was that insane smile for? It wasn't as if he hadn't gotten one before. Quite the contrary, he got them almost all the time, but one couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking about. Shesta was sure that this had something to do with the new-comer. But what? He was snapped out of his train of thought at the sight of a door. He blinked, confused. Then relized he had reached the main chamber. He opened the door and was greeted by Guimel laying in front of the door way. "Glad to see you too." Shesta said stepping over him. "He pushed me." Guimel said pointing to Dalet who was grining. "You poor thing." He responded sarcasticly. "What was the message?" Miguel asked from the corner where he was sitting, only vaguely interested. "The new slayer is arriving today." This caught the attention of all the others, and they bombarded him with questions. "What's his name?" "Where is he coming from?" "What time will he be arriving?" "What has taken him so long to get here?" Shesta shouted "Wait!" Everyone looked up at him expectantly. "That's all I know. Lord Folken didn't tell me anything else." He said. The others settled down, a little disappointed. "What do you think he will be like?" Gatti asked. They sat talking for about half an hour, all of them sharing how they hoped he would be. "What we need is a walking machine to be like we all want him to be like." Dalet concluded. "Maybe that's what he is." Voile said. They all looked at him with rolling eyes. "Yeah, right." Miguel said, speaking on everyones behalf. "Well, think about it. All this time we've been hearing about him, they always referred to him as an it." He reasoned. The slayers took that into consideration. "No.... If it were a machine, how could it fight?" Dalet asked. "I guess your right." Voile said.

***************

"I exist." Was it's first thought. It's sight was blurry, but it could hear voices outside. "Where is outside? What am I in?" It thought, confused. It moved it hands and feet. That was the first time it relize that it had them at all. It's vision cleared as a smokey looking gas was pumped into its tank. The voices continued. It listened. "The subject is unstable." One voice said. "But we promised it to Dilandau today! The day that it will wake up!" Another said. "It's already awake." the other voice. Inside the tank it said the name it had heard. "Dilandau." It repeated quietly. That was the things first word. "Dilandau." It said again. The gas cleared and it saw two men talking. One of them glanced into the violently purple eyes that that stared out of the tank, but that was all he cared to see. The thing repeated the name a few time before becoming conscious of the rest of its body. The ten fingers flexed and moved along with the ten toes. One of the hands moved to it's face and began to touch it. Two eyes, a nose, a mouth. Then moved to its ears, then the stringy, soft substance that started on the top of it's head and moved down to it's shoulders. The word 'hair' came to mind. "Dilandau." It said once again, testing the voice. Suddenly its eyes went wide as it began to feel trapped. Fists pounded on the thick glass that surrounded it. "Let me out!" Escaped its throat. This got the attention of the men that had been discussing what to do with it. "Let it out." One of them said. "But..." The other started. "Let it out!" He said with more force. The other sighed and pushed a button that caused the glass to rise, leaving only the flat table it lay on. "Welcome to life." He said.

***************

Everyone awaited eagerly for the new arrivle. After hearing so much about him, the anticipation had built to an excited wait, manily because they had to wait so long. Shesta said that Folken would bring him before Dilandau first. "Why?" Miguel asked. "Why do you think?" Viole said. "So that Lord Dilandau can tell him what he expects." "We'll meet him soon enough. Don't worry Miguel." Shesta said. "I'm not." He anwsered. He just had a funny feeling.


***************

Dilandau sat on the chair nervously. 'Why?' He thought. 'Why am I so nevous? It's just another slayer. Another Underling. I was never this nervous when first meeting the others. I must compose myself before he gets here.' Dilandau thought of what he could do. 'I could write a letter.' He thought. Yes! That was it! He needed to write a report to Emporer Dornikirk anyway, to tell of their status. He wrote the report slowly, just in case. He heard the door open and two pairs of feet enter. 'This is it.' He thought tensly. 'I'll just wait for Folken to speek first. I'll turn slowly. I must not get nervous.' "Dilandau." Folken said. "What is it?" He said in a completely normal tone, much to his relief. "This will be your new subordenet." He said flatly, revieling that he hadn't been the least bit interested in the new slayer. Slowly Diulandau turned around. He made it appear as if this were completely rutine. No matter what thoughs about this new-comer had gone through his head before, none of it could have prepared him for what he saw. He completely droped his composure and practicly jumped out of his boots. Seconds later, somehow, he regained control and walked up to his new underling. Folken waited as Dilandau got the new slayers name, and explained what his expectations were, and what his punishments were if they were not met. Then Folken showed the new comer the only free room at prestent, and started towards the main chamber.