Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Together Again ❯ After Hitomi Returns to the Earth ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Escaflowne. The people who made Eswcaflowne originally own them. I love Escaflowne so much that I have been able to write a FanFic about Escaflowne finally. I only own made up characters in my story, which you may use only if you ask and receive permission from me and only me personally in email- escawing_13@hotmail.com thank you.

A.N. This is my first FanFic and hopefully it will make sense. This is a continuation of the show Escaflowne. Enjoy!

Together Again

Prologue~

(A.N. This is the NA Version)

Train Station:

Hitomi was waiting for the train to come. While she was waiting she saw Van sitting on a rock on the water smiling at her.

"Van…" She said with awe. She smiled back at him and said,

"I'm doing just fine." The train went by her, and when it passed she looked back at Van. But he was gone…

Chapter 1~

Walking home she ran into Yukari and Amano who were holding hands and flirting with each other. They were about to kiss when Yukari saw Hitomi in the corner of her eyes.

"Hitomi!" She yelled in her cheerful voice. "How are you?"

"Fine!" Hitomi answered back in a soft voice. `They look so good together…' She thought to herself. `Just like me and Van…' Tears were about to flow out but she forced them back as hard as she could. `Come on, they don't need this. You can handle this by yourself. And besides, Van's not gone, you can see him anytime you want…'

"Yukari?" Hitomi asked for her attention.

"Yeah Hitomi?"

"I have to go okay? I have so much homework and I want to finish them. You wouldn't want me to be kicked out of the track team now would you? So I'll see you later alright?"

Yukari and Amano understood.

"Alright" Amano said in his strong voice.

"Finish it quickly so we can hang out tomorrow night okay?" Yukari added with a wink and a smile. Hitomi smiled back and replied

"Kay, see ya!" And ran off as fast as she could but she still caught her friends' good-byes. Hitomi didn't really have a lot of homework but she wanted to see Van and if she said that she almost had her work finished, Yukari and Amano would have begged her to stay with them for awhile. Yukari would anyway.

***

Van saw Hitomi standing with her trusty duffle bag hung in her shoulders. `I'm so glad this worked out.'

Flashback~

"We can see each other anytime we want. We just have to think of each other"

"Van…" Hitomi managed to say. Tears slowly sliding down her face. She gave him her necklace and promised him that she would never forget him.

End of Flashback

"If I was wrong about not being able to see each other whenever we wanted, I would never forgive myself…" He chuckled to himself. `Forget about it. Ask her if she's all right.' He looked at her and turned his head trying to look like he was asking her if she was all right.

"I'm doing just fine" She answered smiling at him sweetly.

`It worked better than I had hoped for!' Lost in his thoughts again. `It's like I'm really

there…'

He saw a long metal thing go by between her and himself and the next thing he saw was the valley where he really was.

`I guess I'll see her later then.'

He realized that when something distracts him from focusing on seeing Hitomi, it would loose the connection.

`I better go back to Fanalia now. They need any help they can with rebuilding it.'

And with his mind made up, he jumped off from the rock and flew to his kingdom.

***

Merle was helping the workers by giving them food that were donated by Asturia and Freid.

`Where are you Lord Van? I'm worried about you.' She thought. `Your thinking about her again aren't you Lord Van? I guess you're still in love with her. Well, as long as she loves you too I guess it's okay with me.' Her thoughts went to Hitomi. `Just make sure you don't break his heart! If you do I'll take that pendant of yours, go to your world and KILL YOU!' More softly she added `Take care of him… He's not as strong as some people may think…'

With that, she felt a bit better. She smiled and kept of working. After awhile she heard a familiar voice.

"Merle!" Van cried out to her coming down from the sky.

`He seems to be getting the hang of that! Better be cautious Lord Van, some people still believe of the so-called curse.'

Finishing her thoughts she put the food down and ran up to him to hug him.

"Lord Van! Where have you been?" She asked suspiciously while she went back down.

"Oh just thinking" Van said unconsciously touching the pendant around his neck.

"I seeeee." Merle said grabbing his attention to her.

"What?" He asked questioningly. She pointed at his hand with the pendant.

"Oh, I guess I better stop doing that and other things I may not know about…" He said a feeling a little hot in his face while Merle giggled a little. He put his hand down and frowned a little. Before he was able to say anything Merle ran away, picked up the food and yelled out to him,

"Don't worry! I'll remind you! See you later!" She added a big smile and tried to act all innocent.

`Probably going to try to get me embarrassed as well.' He said to himself, `Well I'll stop before she catches me!' He smiled a little and walked towards the "barely" a castle.

***

When Van reached the "castle" he saw his adviser ordering some people around on what has to be done next. His adviser, Quenel, (Ke-nel) was one of the survivors that had a lot of knowledge, thought quickly, was soldier-like and told Van what he needed to know. That's what Van wanted and was glad he found someone just a little older, around Folken's age. Van was starting to think of him as an older brother but knew what his responsibilities were and Quenel felt the same about Van as a little brother. Van faintly remembered seeing Folken and Quenel play a little bit with him in the past. Van was comforted a little because of that. There were lots of people that survived that he remembered a little which was great and made him think of what used to be like the old times before war.

Quenel had short, dark brown hair, blue eyes and wore a light blue robe-like coat that had as little jewels and gems as possible over his black pants like Van's brown ones and a green sleeveless shirt like Van's red ones. He saw Van and started to walk towards him.

"Your Highness" He said formally while putting one knee down and touching his heart with his right hand.

"Hey Quenel, come on, get up, you're an advisor now and you only need to bow to me with you head mind you." Van said a little embarrassed since he was not totally used to such formality. Quenel stood up and replied,

"I have read in some of the books left that this is how people even advisors should act upon the King of Fanalia. Your Highness." He smiled a little.

"Well I am the King of Fanalia and I will be changing some rules and customs around here. I say that you only need to bow and please don't say "your highness" so often. Call me Van instead. I will change some yet not all so we can still live in some sort of tradition. I hope you do not disagree with this decision Quenel." Van said with a tone of his rank.

"No, of course not Your uhhh… Van. I think that it is a great idea and will make some things easier."

"I'm glad you approve. Now onto `important' matters."

"Ask away."

"Do we have enough food to feed the people?"

"The food that we have right now, I have estimated that it will last us around one month. But Asturia and Freid have been sending food every once a week which lasts for a week and will keep on doing so until we can farm ourselves. They have given their word and that is fixed."

"Good, I'm glad that this certain matter is settled. How about other things, are there other important things you need to tell me? War? Some sort of disaster?"

"No, for now, almost everyone is fixing the troubles given to them because of the war and they are not thinking about another war. So I think everything is fine for now except for one thing."

"And what's that?"

"I said that almost everyone is at peace. There are few who are not ready to let go of the war yet."

"Is it Zaibach?"

"No, a new enemy. The Wanderers."

"………"

A.N. Chapter 2 will come! Hehe, hope you guys don't mind. I don't like it either when I read but this is my story so haha! Lol. I'll send in Chapter 2 ASAP!