Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Tsuki no Hime ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Hey, hey!!! Here's Part 2 of Tsuki no Hime. By the way if you're wondering Tsuki no Hime means "Princess of the Moon". If you're ever confused about parts of my story let me know and I'll try to clarify. Most of the confusing stuff will be straightened out through the fic. If you notice any grammatical errors, misspellings of names, or inconsistencies, please let me know and I will fix it ASAP. Well read on and review! ^_^

Disclaimer: I don't own Escaflowne.

The Vision of Escaflowne: Tsuki no Hime-Part 2

The harsh rays of the Gaean sun beat down thick and warm, making the Asturian forest glimmer. The valley looked as if it was a shimmering emerald. North, near the edge of the forest there was a small clearing which contained a small creek, wonderful wild flowers, the melodious singing of the forest birds, a gigantic boulder, and three bodies.

Two were up and active. One with long white hair ran about the clearing trying to capture the butterflies. Another figure towered over the body of a woman, not much older than twenty-six. Her straw colored hair blended with the slowly changing colors of wheat, and straw. Her new white blouse was now brown and tattered. The black spaghetti-strap tank top was covered in sandy dust. And her jeans-well, her jeans had seen better days. Two gapping holes, showing scraped skin of the knees, were where the knees of the jeans should have been. A tear had made its way up to about mid-shin on the right leg of the jeans.

"Hitomi? Hitomi, wake up."

Slowly the young woman opened her eyes. Her vision extremely blurred. A sundry array of yellows, oranges, greens, blues, and golds were mixed together to create a Vincent van Gogh painting; from his last years. A silhouette of a man towered over her. She didn't comprehend that she was lying on the hard forest floor with many cuts and bruises.

She began to sit up, ignoring the obviously painful protest of her muscles. Dizziness rushed through her head making her wobble. All the colors of the forest were continuously spinning round and round, never stopping. Occasionally the direction of the spinning would shift confusing the poor woman more. When she made it to her feet her legs felt like jelly and began to buckle under the increasing weight. She was about to become friends with the ground once more when firm hands grabbed her by her shoulders to hold her up. She leaned her head forward and it found its place on the man's chest.

He folded his arms around her and kissed her hair. "Hitomi?" he whispered hoarsely.

"Hmmmm…" Hitomi mumbled. She shook her head back and forth. Slowly she pulled away from the man. Her vision slowly but surely became more focused. A hand moved up and shielded her eyes from the glare of the sun. She stood there staring at the man. Chestnut colored hair glinted in the afternoon sun. The expressions on her face turned from confusion to anger, sadness, and finally disbelief. "Uryko?"

The man nodded. "Where are we, Hitomi?"

"Wh-what…what a-are… you doing here?" Backing away from Uryko, she leaned against the giant boulder, which uncannyingly looked like a dragon's head. Her hand rested on her forehead shielding her eyes from the painful light. "It didn't work." Her line of sight fell to the ground and her arm fell limply to her side. Fear filled her mind, heart and eyes.

"What do you mean `what am I doing here'? What didn't work? Where are we?" The tone of Uryko's voice slowly rising, his right eye began to twitch.

"Varie." Hitomi's green-gold eyes darted back and forth frantically. "Varie. Where's Varie?"

Uryko's tough exterior slowly dissolved from the steady glare Hitomi gave to him. "She's over by the creek catching the flying thingies. The um…the butterflies. And that's another thing I want to talk to you about. I don't know how long ago she was dying; she couldn't even move. Why is she running about? And…"

Hitomi separated herself from the boulder despite every complaint that surged through her body. Heading towards the creek she left Uryko to continue his mindless, angry babbling without her. Only a few feet away from her destination she halted.

A small figure, crouched over a small pool of water, was laughing. Snowy white hair flowed over her shoulder revealing one side of her young face. Small hands dived in and out of the small pool of glittering water attempting to capture tadpoles. Bright blue eyes danced with delight.

"Pinch me." Hitomi demanded.

Uryko cocked his head to one side as he moved next to Hitomi.

"I want to make sure I'm not dreaming and… that I'm not dead. Pinch me!" Hitomi demanded again offering her arm to Uryko as he tried to protest. Giving up, he pinched Hitomi. "Owwwwe!"

"What?"

"That hurt."

"You told me to pinch you."

"I told you to pinch me, not to cut of my circulation." Hitomi said rubbing her arm. Again, she left Uryko and glided to the little girl. "Varie?" Hitomi sighed. She took a step closer to the young girl. Then hesitated, afraid that any moment Varie would fade away.

"At least you're not dreaming or dead." Uryko whispered in Hitomi's ear making her jump. Her Jell-O legs wobbled. Uryko's placed his hand on her hips to help her stay up. Hitomi peeled his hands off her.

"I'm okay, Uryko. Really, I'm fine." She smiled slightly, "I should be used to it by now."

The small head turned towards the direction of the noises, which were so out of place here in this serene wonderland. She smiled widely, stood up, and charged towards Hitomi. In a matter of seconds the little child slammed into Hitomi's leg wrapping her arms around her mother. Hitomi bent down to eye level.

"Varie."

Varie gave a small giggle and smiled again.

Thousands of emotions crashed over Hitomi, as tsunami crashes on to an empty island. The water filling all crevasses. All at once a barrage of joyful tears streamed down as Hitomi bear-hugged Varie.

"Mom, I…can't…breathe…" Hitomi immediately let go. She smiled again and placed her hands on her daughter's shoulders as tears ran down. "You don't have to cry, Mom." A sweet lyrical voice spoke out.

For the first time in only God knows how long, Hitomi felt alive again, she felt as if her life had purpose again. She couldn't help but feel her world was complete. Whipping the tears from her eyes Hitomi finally soaked in her surroundings. To the left inside the small clearing was the giant dragon boulder. About fifteen feet away a small creek appeared from the numerous trees, ran through the clearing, and then disappeared. The ground was completely covered in a various array of golden grains and wild flowers. Whenever a slight breeze blew it would send the grain into a furious gold rush: rippling in a chaotic synchronization, until the breeze died away.

"Piggy-back?" Uryko asked Varie.

"Sure, Uncle U'ko. Thank you." Varie climbed on to Uryko's back with ease.

"Hitomi," Hitomi turned to face Uryko, "where are we?"

"We're on Gaea, U'ko! Can't you tell?" Varie exploded joyfully.

"Good job, Momo-Hime!" Varie smiled. Hitomi turned to Uryko. He wasn't moving; he even looked as if he was a statue, unable to comprehend. Sighing, Hitomi pointed to the east. "See that faint sphere of white that blends in with the sky?" Uryko turned and looked in the direction Hitomi was pointing. "Hiding behind the moon-Wow, I'm surprised that it's out this early… Anyway, do you see it?" He nodded. "That's Earth. We're on Gaea, Earth's invisible sister planet. Just like Momo said."

Uryko froze. He tried to speak but was unable to triumph over his consternation. His mouth hung open. Varie reached out a hand and closed his mouth.

"It's impolite to do that." Varie stated.

"You're kidding right? Hitomi, you're joking. This is all one big practical joke. Ha! Ha! I found you out! When is it going to air? Hitomi, Hitomi!" Uryko became more insecure with every non-spoken word from his friend. He followed Hitomi trying to catch up to her.

"No, Uryko, I'm not joking. That looks like a small road. Let's follow that until we meet up with someone." Hitomi picked up the duffel bag and headed out.

"It's real? Gaea's real?"

"Yes, Uryko!" Hitomi stated, irritated, "I've told you many times. I just wish you and Yukari would listen to me sometimes."

"We do listen to you. Hell-" Varie gasped, "I mean-I listen to you." Hitomi snorted. "We always thought-" Uryko was unable to finish his sentence, for as soon as they stepped on to the road clanking of swords and the rustle of cloth became a gigantic furry around them. In a matter of seconds ten or more soldiers surrounded them, each with their swords drawn. They all wore the same type of clothing; ruffled sleeves, short, fat cylinder hats with feathers, no armor could be seen. All in all they looked rather ridiculous. Though, something had kept Uryko from bursting out in laughter, maybe it was their cold hard unreadable stairs, or maybe it was the fact they had swords and he didn't.

While Uryko attempted to swallow his laughter, Hitomi struggled to place the soldiers. Something about them seemed so familiar to Hitomi, yet different. Hitomi immediately placed a hand on Uryko's arm to hold him back. Hitomi knew Uryko would fight twice as much soldiers to keep her and Varie safe.

A soldier stepped out of the circle facing Hitomi. He was obviously the one in charge. His jacket was more regal than the others were; intimidating, if intimidating was the right word. His clothes under the jacket weren't anything like the others. A white puffy shirt flowed over a dark blue vest and his black pants were plain. Simultaneously the long steel blades were sheathed, with a motion of his hand.

"I am General Leers. I am one of the twelve Knights of Caeli and Second in command of the Asturian Royal Guard here. Forgive me, Miss, but you are on Royal Ground. It's strictly off limits to outsiders." He paused and eyed their clothing distastefully. "We must escort you to the king so he may pass judgement." Hitomi nodded and followed the man.

"Are you crazy?" Uryko hissed, "We have no idea what they are going to do to us." Then as if remembering all the forms of torture his History teacher made him remember, he whimpered, "What do you think they'll do?"

"Royal Ground? I don't recall there being woods near Palas." Hitomi asked, ignoring Uryko.

"That's because we're nowhere near Palas, Miss."

Hitomi was silent for a while, looking at the ground, thinking. She tried to bring back all the memories she had of Asturia.

"Where are you from?" The General asked trying to spark a conversation.

"Ear-" Uryko began, but was interrupted by Hitomi.

"The East." She said plainly.

"Explains the clothing," A soldier commented under his breath.

"Could you tell me, it Lord Allen still king?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"He's a good friend of mine." Or was…Hitomi added silently.

"The king has many `old friends' Miss. But he doesn't have any from the East."

"Hush Uryko. I know people in high places, I know the king. I'm positive we'll be alright."

"Oh, come on Hitomi we can take `em."

"Uryko, shove It." she leaned in closer. "And not with Varie around."

"I won't watch." Varie voiced.

"She won't watch!" Uryko repeated smiling with anticipation.

"No! Plus they probably heard us talking about it anyway."

The General smiled at the knowledge of the woman. He was about to speak when he noticed the woman was speaking to him instead.

"How did you know we were where we were? Did you just wait in that area day and night or what?"

The King saw a blue column of light and told to investigate, bring whoever it was to him to pass judgement."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For an endless hour they walked a brisk pace without stopping. No one except for Uryko was uncomfortable with the silence. He was edgy and nervous. Silence wasn't a good thing. Silence had filled his life ever since the death of his family. Again, his right eye twitched. Varie had fallen asleep on his back and to his surprise she was heavier when she slept. Her small body weighed him down, even more so now. Hitomi wasn't doing so well either. Every once and a while he'd watch her out the corner of his eye holding her head like she had a tremendous migraine, which was most likely true for he felt his head thumping painfully. And other times Hitomi would stop and shake her head a few times before she continued walking.

Eventually, they made it out of the forest and into the direct sunlight. The air was slightly thinner now, and it was easier to breathe, even though heat waves covered the vast landscape. It wasn't a desert, but it didn't look like a forest clearing either. Random plants grew hear and there, new and full of life. Hitomi thought it looked as if the area had been in a fire many, many years ago. In the middle a crude castle stood regally on top of a flattened hill. A stone barricade wound around the castle perimeter. A large wooden door was wide open. Groups of the Asturian Royal Guard and other soldiers laughed and bragged about their almost deadly experiences. Hitomi searched the vast land for any familiar faces.

The castle it's self wasn't familiar but something about it gave her a sense of a `haven't I been here before?' feeling. Her eyes widened as she realized where they were headed. It was Allen's old castle. It had changed so much in the past ten years.

"…Yeah, both wars were exciting, but I'm glad it's over. Fighting for peace and all that isn't what it's cracked up to be. A lot people died: my friends, the Seeress herself almost, too. We went every where, The Mystic Valley, Freid, and Zaibach. You know the story of Seeress? Well it's real. I knew her. She was a good friend of mine during the Dragon War." A strangely familiar voice rang out matter-of-factly.

Hitomi snapped her head towards the voice, an action that caused her to use all her strength to keep her from toppling over. Her vision doubled and she stopped walking to refocus herself. A guard poked Hitomi in the back with a sheathed sword, indicating for her to move along. She did so hesitantly. She continued to look in the direction of the voice. There was a huge group of men laughing and drinking. One was standing up. His mouth moved but Hitomi couldn't hear what he was saying any more.

"Hey! Look the guards actually found some trespassers. I guess there are useful after all." Another voice rang out from the group.

"More useful than you!" The General hollered in response.

"Keep tellin' your self that General!" It was that voice again…from the man who was standing up. He looked uncannyingly familiar. Gears moved extremely fast in Hitomi's brain. If they ran any faster the circuits would blow out. Finally, she knew who he was.

"I know you!" Hitomi shouted, pointing at the man. Everyone became ghostly silent. The soldier stopped walking, some stopped drinking, and all the others just let their mouths hang open. Each was staring either at Hitomi or the man.

The man himself cocked his head to the side and stared at Hitomi.

"Your Teo. No wonder you seem so familiar!"

"That clothing… Lady Hitomi?" he spoke quietly as he moved closer.

Hitomi took a few steps forward only to be cut off by two sharp, cold, steel swords, glittering in the sunlight. She backed away now knowing her boundaries.

"Hey Teo did ya sleep with her?" One soldier chimed causing every other soldier to laugh.

"Shut up, Tremme!" Teo growled as he threw an apple at him. In one swift flash the apple fell to the ground cut in two. Teo snorted not at all intimidated by this show of swords-man ship.

"It's me, Hitomi."

Teo's mouth hung open. All the soldiers became silent again. None of them dared to say a word.

"The Seeress?!" General Leers asked, eyes wide with consternation.

Teo strode over to Hitomi. He studied her features: long, straw colored hair, deep green-gold eyes. "Yup. It's you alright." He motioned his hand and the swords were sheathed. "How have you been?" He smiled as they gave each other a quick friendly hug. They continued to walk toward the castle. Leaving the dumbfounded soldiers to be dumbfounded.

"Extremely better than I was before I came here. My heads killing me though."

Teo smiled, he had missed her so much. For a time she was the only woman he cared for. That was, until he met Rosen. "We can get that fixed easily."

"How are you?"

"Married, a father of three, and lead General of the Knights of Caeli. Leers has to listen to me! In fact everyone has to listen to me, well except Allen and Gaddes…" Hitomi smiled. "Are still plagued with visions?"

"No, thank God. But, Varie used to have them a lot."

"Varie?" Teo stopped walking to think. "Wasn't that Van's mother's name?" Hitomi nodded. Thinking was too hard for Teo in this heat, and he brushed off the matter to be resolved once inside the castle. "Allen will be so happy to see you."

"You think so? We didn't really leave on good terms." Hitomi said dropping her head recalling the awful memories. She and Allen had fought about a certain amount of things the last time she was here, mainly her pregnancy. Allen never said good-bye to her when she left.

"N'eh, don't worry about it, `Tomi. He's been regretting it the minute you left."

"How is Allen anyway?"

"Better than usual, but right now he must be bored out his mind." He said as they passed through the gate. The castle was newly built-obviously fire resistant-giant stones lined the base and made up the towers. "Hitomi?"

She looked at Teo inquiringly.

"Who is that?" He pointed toward Uryko who still stood surrounded by guards.

"Oh! That's Uryko, a friend of mine."

"Did you bring him along?"

"Not intentionally."

Teo waved his hand for Uryko to join them. "Come." Uryko hesitated to move afraid the men around him would chop off his head and Varie's with a quick swift movement. With another wave of Teo's hand and a smile from Hitomi, he moved forward. The guards didn't do anything, except move back into the forest. General Leers resolved to follow the new comers, to make sure they wouldn't assassinate the king. If the lead General trusted them it didn't mean he had to.

Varie had woken up from her sleep while the conversation went on between Hitomi and Teo. Uryko felt some weight being lifted off his back. "Well did you have a nice beauty sleep, Sleeping Beauty?" Uryko said to Varie, smiling.

Her hands let go of his neck and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "Yeah. Sorry I did that."

"Don't worry `bout it. If you're tired I'm fine with you using my back for a bed."

"Thank you." Varie giggled. She looked up and her mother talking to a man. "Who's that?" Varie asked pointing.

"I believe his name is Teo."

"Oh…okay." Varie leaned back, quick as lightning she grabbed Uryko's shoulders.

"You forgot you were off the ground, didn't you?"

"No!…Maybe…Mother!" Varie said loudly.

Hitomi turned around causing herself to become dizzy, again. The whole falling-from-the-sky-thing was never going to be easy. Regaining her senses Hitomi smiled. "Hold on a second `kay." She directed toward Teo, who took pleasure in the knowledge that this young creature that just called Hitomi "Mother" was a secret Hitomi had confided in him; the secret that began their friendship. So many secrets from everyone, so many that dissolved the fellowship. "That's her child? A very beautiful, young thing, she is." Teo told himself as he noted the Fanel trademark smile the little girl flashed and the fiery sapphire eyes. Her hair was the one thing that surprised him, white wasn't the color he thought would be the result of the raven-haired king.

Hitomi glided over to Varie. "Hello, hello Momo!"

Varie slid of Uryko's back and into Hitomi's arms. "I'm still sleepy."

"I bet you are."

"Hitomi, Allen is in a meeting. Though it should be over. It's been three hours. And if it's not over I'm sure he won't mind." Teo said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

With Gaddes at his side, Allen leaned back in his chair listening to the Zar of Dimitria, Zar Abu Demitri, talk of how his country could use Asturia's alliance to spread their trade federation even further for three excruciating hours. Demitri was a kind old man, haggard, weathered and worn, yet his gray eyes held a fire that not even the Fanelian king could top. Wise and deliberate were his gestures. His hair was silver and thin, old. If Allen was tall, no if Dryden was tall then this man was a giant. The Zar stood a good two heads taller than Allen did, and even when sitting he towered over them. His page and guard, standing in the background, were almost as tall.

Celena sat at the end of the small conference table, watching the window eyeing the vast blue skyscape before her. Many hours ago she `overheard' the Generals talking about a blue column of light, How she hoped beyond hope that it was Hitomi. Celena was the only girl in the castle and she wasn't able to go anywhere with out Teo, her brother or Gaddes with her. She didn't mind those three. Her brother was her brother and she had a short relationship with Teo during the Dragon war. And Gaddes, well there was something to be said about him.

Her fingers strayed to her slender neck, and played with the jade pendant that rested there; one of the few reminders of the person she once was. Long blonde locks fell about her face and down the small of her back and hidden behind thick bangs her eyes were soft, warm, and tired. She hadn't been to this castle in so long, it was three summers ago that she last came to this place, it had changed greatly. No longer was it Allen's Castle. No longer was it a place to relax, to vacation too. Now it acted as Head Quarters for the various soldiers around Asturia, and as a government out post. She could not count how many treaties had been signed her in this room.

So many fond memories of the summer three years ago flew by. It had been the time of Celena's life; love had captured her heart. Making her fall in love with her brother's right-hand man. Not until two and a half years later did she confess. No one knew; it was their little secret, going behind Allen's back. Celena smiled lost in thought she remembered one time Allen had walked in on her and Gaddes kissing; the two had separated before Allen had time to notice anything wrong, though he did get a little antsy when he saw his sister that close to Gaddes. Since then he was always cautious, maybe even paranoid. There was something in the air when he walked in and it made him, for the first time in his life, uncomfortable about his sister's actions. Celena sighed, now it was time to tell Allen. It would be a great relief to Celena to stop hiding her love for the blue-haired Caeli knight. The only problem was… what if Allen refused for them to be together?

Oh! Why do I come to these unbearable meetings! Celena screamed inwardly. I'm not the Queen. True, I am the king's sibling, but what does that make me? I'm not a princess, besides they already have Erelah to do that for them, along with their prince, Aldric.

She took a deep breath. Her mind had zoned-out hours ago, and had no idea what was going on anymore. She heard the faint sound of friendly quarreling from the soldiers in the encampment. Without thinking Celena moved to the window and looked out at the soldiers. A group of Asturain Royal Guards appeared from the forest, along with two or maybe three travelers. They actually found someone?! Amazing!

The Zar stopped in the middle of the sentence and watched Celena. He resisted the urge to smile. No matter how much he kept telling himself that his daughter wasn't alive anymore, he couldn't help but feel that she was almost alive in Celena. If her hair was snowy white instead of straw blonde, and if her eyes were but a few shades darker she would be an exact replica, only twenty years older.

Celena turned to return to her seat, and only when she looked up did she realize all eyes were on her. She could feel the heat rise in her cheeks. "The guards found someone." She stated rapidly as she sat in her seat next to the head seat, occupied by her brother.

Sighing again, inaudibly, she stole a furtive glance at the soldier across from her. Gaddes. That's why I come. I come for him. Her heart thumped unmercifully as Gaddes notice her and smiled warmly. Smiling back, Celena attempted to calm her ever beating heart, but to no avail. Again, her fingers played with the jade pendant.

Gaddes's mood had a melancholy edge to it. He watched sadly as Celena played with her pendant. Oh! How much he had wanted to tell her of her past. However, Allen refused to let her know, thinking it was the best way to deal with it. Gaddes, trying to stay on Allen's good side for certain reasons, complied with his orders.

Celena snapped out of her reverie as the men wrapped up their meeting.

"I thank you. My country thanks you, King Allen." Demitri said as he stood.

"Asturia is glad to help anyone she can." Allen responded rising from his seat as well. The men bowed to each other.

"Celena." Demitri bowed to her while she curtseyed in response.

"Demitri." She smiled with respect as he turned to leave.

A knock came from the door and without an okay the door opened slightly. Teo peeked his head in. "Oh! I thought you were done. I'll come back later."

"No! We just finished. Come in, Teo." Allen said, while beckoning him to join them, grateful for the distraction.

Teo walked in and stood by the door. Three people followed him in tow. "You have visitors."

Allen's eyes grew wider by each second. There standing in front of him was a beautiful young woman; wearing strange clothes and owner to two dazzling green-gold eyes hidden behind honey golden bangs. "Hitomi?"

"I can't really look that different to you all. Can I?"

Allen strode over to Hitomi, bowed and kissed her hand. "Lady Hitomi, it's been a long time." He stood towering over Hitomi by seven or eight inches.

"Too long, Allen."

"Hitomi this is Zar Abu Demitri, Zar of Dimitria."

"Hello. I'm Hitomi." Smiling she curtseyed as he bowed he grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Seeress. For many years I had been waiting to see from a far but this…this is more than I had hoped for."

Hitomi blushed. "Thank you. This is my friend Uryko, and this," She patted Varie's head, "is Varie, my daughter."

Allen and Gaddes glanced at each other. Exchanging a whole conversation in seconds. This was Hitomi's daughter. It was so long ago when Hitomi fought with Allen about it. So long since she had confided in Teo and Gaddes, so long ago… Six years had certainly flown by.

Demitri smiled, wide eyed, taken aback. The Seeress's daughter was an absolutely exact replica of his late daughter. "I once had a daughter that looked exactly like you." Demitri directed towards Varie. "Her name was Daemi. She was very beautiful, just like you."

"Thank you, your Highness." Varie smiled her sweet little smile; her blue eyes glittered in the evening sun.

"I must be off. Farewell Celena, Allen, Gaddes. I shall see you at the next conference. Farewell, Lady Hitomi, Uryko, and Varie" Demitri turned and headed toward the door.

"Farewell. Leers, since you're standing in the door way, escort the Zar to his leviship." Allen watched as Leers left with the Zar. Sighing, as soon as he knew they were gone, Allen sank into his chair, ready to fall asleep.

"Hitomi, you have a daughter?" Celena squeaked meekly.

Author's Notes: I think my writing style changed as I wrote the fic. In some parts I think I went too fast and in others I went too slow. But I can't fix it. I don't want to fix it. I can't think of anything to write. So for a while I'll have a writer's block, but I'll try my best to get Part 3 up soon. I really hoped you liked it! If I have misspelled any of the original character names of the Escaflowne cast let me know, please. I'm pretty sure I didn't spell Asturia right. Thanx for reading and remember to review!!! ^_____________^ Raye-Rei