Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Tsuki no Hime ❯ Part 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: Sorry for the long wait. I won't ramble,….. Actually, I will! ^_^ Long wait, yeah I know, I just haven't had time to type the other parts yet, school started and all, ya know. And I haven't had much motivation. Though, I do have the other parts on paper, hopefully, soon, I'll get the next part up. So here's the story! Thanx for the wonderful reviews! I just love `em!! There is a new section in this part! I won't tell you where it is! You just have to read okay!

Disclaimer: I don't own Escaflowne.

The Vision of Escaflowne: Tsuki no Hime-Part 4

Young and vibrant, the twiterpatted couple strolled introspectively throughout the castle gardens, respectfully staying on the path that wound through a small forest. Everywhere the young couple looked flowers and vines grew uncontrollably on and between the small trees. The branches if the trees intertwined with the branches of other trees, creating a colorful arbor. Small ponds dotted the gardens and water lily type plants covered the ponds, creating shelters for the small fish. Each different aspect of these gardens, the flowers, trees, ponds, vines, had their own luminous glow, it's own ray of life.

Much like the branches above them their fingers were intertwined softly. Hitomi moved to the far side of the path, pulling Van with her. She bent down, running her fingers over the soft, gossamer petals of a dark blue almost black flower with the filaments an extravagant red. Where ever her fingers touched the colors changed, looking much like a mood ring. The colors continued to swirl on the petal as Hitomi looked up to Van quizzitively. Before she could word a sentence, Van spoke.

"They are called `Flowers of the Mystic Moon.' They are native to Fanelia. I gave these to Eries as a peace offer in honor of our alliance."

"Simply amazing." Hitomi remarked as she studied the flower again. It was a vine, growing in between two massive trees. The vines of the flower snaked up the trunks and wound about the inseparable branches. So unique, so original, with such unprecedented beauty, as if they were the flowers of the Gods. These flowers gave off an essence of hope, and essence of peace and eternal love. It was as if the trees were showing off their love for one another. It reminded Hitomi of her and Van, though, they hadn't said it since they had parted, love was still felt between the two. Both knew they needn't express their feelings to know how the other felt. The gardens convinced Hitomi that Varie would have a good life here.

Varie.

Hitomi still hadn't told Van. I should tell him. I will tell him. Not now though…not now. We just barely reunited. I need some peace before my life goes down hill. Hitomi thought reluctantly. Another voice in the back of her mind whispered to her. What makes you think that he'll accept her?……Because, he loves me……How do you know that he loves you? ……I just DO! He'll accept Varie. He'll know……You might want to tell him before its too late. Hitomi shook her head slightly.

"Hitomi, are you all right?" Van asked with concerned eyes.

"I… still have a headache from the rough ride to Gaea."

"Really? Usually it doesn't bother you." He pulled her closer to him. "You've become weak!" They laughed and continued on their walk.

Hitomi disregarded her thoughts and resolved to focus on the here and now, Van. Her skirts rustled chronically with each step. Slowly, Hitomi placed her head on Van's shoulder and ran her right hand up and down his biceps. Trusting him, she closed her eyes and listened to the rhythm of their footfalls, keeping in perfect time with his.

He was so warm, so strong. Hitomi was always cold if she wasn't with him. Ever since she could remember her hands were like ice. When she met Van those ten years ago she realized that her hands, heart, and body had a certain fire to them. The cold evaporated. But when she had gone back to Earth, the ice found her again. It had almost killed her, but like a Godsend she returned to Gaea, returned to Van. The same fire blazed between them, as their relationship grew strong. However, Hitomi's secret had angered certain people and Hitomi left with many loose ends. She thought that the coldness would come to her again, but it didn't. Varie had given her a reason to live, a reason to feel and survive. Hitomi couldn't think how life without Van or Varie would be like. Probably much worse then it had before. Only, she mustn't think of that now, not now. She was with Van and that's all that mattered at the moment.

Hitomi continued to run her fingers up and down his biceps. His skin rippled ever so slightly at her soft touch. So strong. Van seemed more built, and taller. Could he be taller? Or was Hitomi shrinking?

"You're stronger than when I last saw you, and possibly taller."

"You could have shrunk." Van said smirking.

"That's possible." Hitomi said smiling, her long fingers continued to run up and down his arm.

The pace faltered. Opening her eyes, Hitomi looked at Van. His face was turned toward one of the garden pools. The small fish swam freely about.

"What's wrong?"

"When are you going back?" Van's eyes reflected sorrow. He had let his barriers fall, which was so unlike him.

"Back where?"

"Home." He avoided her eyes. The fish in the pond had become so amazing; it was hard to take his eyes off them. Closing his eyes, he prepared for the worst. A small lithe hand brushed his far cheek and guided his eyes to hers.

Smiling softly Hitomi studied him; his eyes were darker. They reminded her of a dark chocolate raspberry truffle, dark brown with tints of red. His skin was tan and on his chin were small stubby facial hairs, showing that his adolescent days had passed.

"When the Mystic Moon calls me."

"It kills me, Hitomi, knowing that you'll have to leave my side again. Knowing that I won't see your face, and not being able to look into your eyes. It kills me. I don't…" he hesitated, " I don't want you to go back." he had whispered so softly, as if he was confessing a sin.

"I know." She closed her eyes, gathering up her courage, "I need to tell him." taking a deep breath she began, "Van, there's something I need to-" before she could finish her sentence Van had brushed his lips against hers.

Stunned, Hitomi, just stood there. It took her a few moments before she realized what was going on. "He's kissing me!!!"

Within seconds Hitomi had melted in his arms and was kissing him back. A visible rush of power surged between them, intoxicating them with their own want and lust.

Hitomi tried to pull away for air but Van kept her there. "I can't loose this kiss! Not after I've been waiting six, count `em, SIX years!" Snaking his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him, and deepening the kiss.

Hitomi did more than he had expected. Breathing into the kiss, she pressed her body against his and wrapped her arms around his neck, hoisting herself on her toes to be as level with him as possible. Van became braver and pushed, demanded for more, vowing to never let her go.

Lost.

They were lost. Lost and drunk in their love. All that mattered at the moment was them. The power that swam around them became brighter and bigger with every second. But before it could continue growing, something caused it to evanesce so quickly; it was like lightening.

It had rung out loud and clear: the clearing of the throat.

Van attempted to pull away from Hitomi, but she wouldn't let him. She held on strong and hard. Slowly and painfully she pulled away, slightly seducing Van. Making him want her, making him yearn for her. When she was a good distance away, her emerald orbs opened, gazing into deep dark chocolate eyes. After a few seconds her line of sight turned sideways to the man who had interrupted them.

Allen. Of course, it was Allen. It was ALWAYS Allen. Why wasn't she surprised? People on Gaea have really bad timing. Allen, Van, Merle… Hitomi thought as she continued to look Allen. Only then did she realize that Allen wasn't the only one there. Uryko, Gaddes, and Chid were there too. Though blushing slightly, Hitomi still kept her confidence. She looked to Van, who was now blushing drastically, his breath flowing down her neck. Lifting up her head she kissed the corner of his lips. Again, making him want her. She mouthed the word "Later" and turned to Allen. "Yes?" she said smirking slightly, knowing that she had made the other four men (yes, even the six-teen year old Chid) jealous of Van.

The others starred in awe-especially Uryko-at Van and Hitomi. Allen was the only man who was composed. And being the only one able to speak (for the others all had their mouths hung open) said that dinner was in five minutes. And that they should better head inside.

Hitomi nodded and took Van's hand, intertwining her fingers with his, except… it didn't last long. After they had started walking, something that Hitomi had neglected to tell Van, something that had been the light of her life, ran up to Hitomi and yelled with complete and utter joy, "Mother!"

Hitomi let loose her occupied hand, kneeled down, and reached out to the little girl. "Hey, sweetie!" she cooed softly as the child ran into her arms. Hitomi picked her up and kept her there by propping Varie onto her hip. Those who had not known about this, Van and Chid, stood wide eyed and wide mouthed as the little girl began to jabber away about her adventures around the castle.

Had Van lost it? Was he going insane and seeing things? He had lost it. This little girl had called Hitomi `Mother'. Does she love someone else? Did she give up waiting? Could it be…MINE? Van thought.

Though Chid had recovered momentarily Van was still in shock.

The little girl paused and looked at Van. She pointed her finger at him and asked innocently, "Mother, who's he?"

Hitomi smiled softly, blushing from uneasiness, she replied. "He, Varie, is Lord Van King of Fanelia and… your father."

Varie looked between Hitomi and Van, when she looked at Van for the second time, she paused. A smile played across her lips. "Hello, Father!" she waved a hand at Van, his eyes still wide.

Now, Van was unable to move his hand to wave back or to piece together a sentence. He just stared.

Varie turned to Hitomi. "Mother is he `special'?" She whispered.

Another smile came from Hitomi and this time it hid laughter. "No, he-he is just in shock… I hope… Van?"

His eyelids closed slowly, scratching his eyes. He continued to leave them closed. Its all a dream…yeah that's it…a dream! Slowly he opened his eyes hoping that it was a dream, however, much to his dismay, the child was still in Hitomi's arms. Dumbly, Van pointed a finger at Varie then at him, while looking at Hitomi. "M-mine?" he choked out. Memories from years ago flashed through his mind. That night, the rain, the old hideout, her confession of love. It was all too clear now. Was it true? It must be. Van knew that Hitomi would never be unfaithful. And now after six long years Van realized for the first time that he was a father.

Father.

It was such a foreign word to him. That was a word that Van thought no one would call him by. But now everything changed. He had an heir, a family. He resolved to not speak a word, in fear he may say something he'd regret. I'm a…father?!

"Van?" Hitomi asked quietly with a strong hint of concern. Of course she was concerned! The love of her life had gone from a nice, dark, sexy tan to a chalky, ghostly white, paled face in a matter of seconds. At that moment Hitomi immediately regretted what she had said. If only she had the power to go back in time and rearrange her sentence! Unfortunately she did not, so she must live with the consequences. "Are you alright?"

That's a stupid question! Of course he's not all right! He just found out he's a father. I'm such an idiot! I-D-I-O-T! Hitomi mentally slapped herself.

"Mother, look what Gaddes taught me!" Varie said while jumping out of her mother's arms and breaking the uneasiness of the situation.

"Alright, Varie." Hitomi said hesitantly removing her eyes off of Van and onto Varie.

Her name is Varie? That's my mother's name…Hitomi named her after my mother? Van thought staring at Hitomi. Did she know before she left Gaea?

Varie reached into her dress pocket and revealed a dagger. She unsheathed it without any trouble. The sliver metal glittered in the evening sun.

Hitomi slightly cocked her head to the side. What was Varie doing?

Varie grabbed the cold steel with her right hand, dull side out. "I'm going to hit that tree over there." She stated pointing to a tree roughly seven yards away. "Right on the piece of red bark." In one fluid motion her arm reeled back, and flew forward with an extraordinary follow through. The dagger separated itself from Varie and soared blade over hilt until it hit the tree; landing smack dab in the middle of the piece of red bark.

Gaddes let out a holler of enjoyment. Varie smiled widely, proud of her accomplishment. The others stood in wonderment at her. This little SIX-year-old threw a dagger more than twenty-one feet and hit her mark. When it had taken them years to learn that kind of expertise it had taken her only a few hours.

"I knew you could do it, `Ri!!"* Gaddes said as Varie turned to the group.

"Thanks, Gaddes!" turning to her mother she asked, "Was I good, Mother? Was I?"

"You did an excellent job, sweetie" Hitomi replied giving Varie a nice warm gaze. She then turned to Gaddes and her gaze slowly hardened to an ice-cold, death glare. She kept from smiling as she saw Gaddes squirm.

"It's The Look! Duck!" Allen said turning his face away along with Uryko. They understood The Look all too well.

Chid, who knew what was going to happen next, spoke up. "Varie, right?" Varie nodded. "Come with me and let's go find Aldric and Erial. I'm sure they'll be happy to meet someone their own age."

"Alright." She said, "Can I, Mother?"

"Sure."

Varie smiled as she ran to Chid. They joined hands as Chid led Varie away from the group. He was glad he was missing Hitomi's wrath, but disappointed that he wouldn't be able to see Gaddes wither under her glare.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Run!" Uryko whispered to the petrified Gaddes. "Run, run, run, run! Run for your life!"

"URYKO!" Hitomi snapped.

"Yes, all mighty and powerful Seeress!" Uryko said bowing sarcastically, and then he spoke quietly to Gaddes, "One who can beat a man to a bloody pulp."

"Shut-up."

"Yes, ma'am." Uryko answered, immeaditly looking at the ground an coward into the castle wall.

"And, you!" Hitomi hissed pointing at Gaddes. Allen and Uryko slowly moved away from Gaddes as to not get caught in the crossfire. "What makes you think that you can teach Varie, MY DAUGHTER, something like that!?!?! She could hurt herself!"

Gaddes merely coward, pointing to Uryko. His mouth moved up and down slightly attempting to piece together a reasonable sentence. "H-he t-t-told me th… that… um…"

"What?" she asked forcefully, her eyes full of anger and protection.

"Um… He said that she has combat training… With swords and knives. And that she didn't know how to throw a dagger. So I…." Gaddes paused, swallowing hard. "I taught her…. Yeah."

Smirking slightly, Hitomi moved over to the tree, ripped the dagger off unmercifully, placed it blade in hand, and with one swift throw the dagger soared. Blade over hilt: the metal gleaming in the light.

There wasn't much time to think. As the blade pummeled toward Uryko, he only had enough time to dodge to the right. There was a loud clink as the metal pierced through the castle mortar.

It took a few moments for Uryko to comprehend what had happened. When he realized that he had almost been killed, by his best friend, his eyes widened, almost popping out of his head. "Are you insane!" Uryko shrieked. "You could have killed me!"

"I could have killed you many times, but both you and I know that you're a better dagger's man than I am. I knew you'd dodge it." Hitomi smiled innocently as the men just stared stupefied.

After giving a hard glare to Gaddes and Uryko, Hitomi left. Gaddes turned to Uryko and spoke. "It looks as if you're the one who should've run."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dinner came without anything interesting. It was mainly catching up on the past six years. Allen and Eries had married five years ago after realizing that they truly loved one another. They had two children, twins to be exact, named Aldric and Erial. The prophet pointed to Erial, the girl, to gain the throne after Allen and Eries past on. Which made Eries ecstatic because for the first time in centuries a woman would gain the throne, and keep it, before she was to be married.

Most of Allen's men of the Crusade were now either in the army, high-ranking positions or married.

Chid was in Asturia for legal reasons and to see his family, whom he hadn't seen in years. Fried's trade businesses shot up after the Dragon War, making it a world power. With the mix of refugees and natives Fried held a sundry of cultures.

Hitomi told her life of the past six years, as did Uryko.

The king of Fanelia was the only one who didn't speak a word at dinner. The food that was placed in front of him hadn't been touched. When dinner had finished he showed Uryko, Hitomi, and Varie their rooms. Hitomi's was right next to his, and Varie's was next to Hitomi's, followed by Uryko's room.

When Varie was ready for bed, she asked for Van to come and say goodnight. Hitomi sang to her. She sang! Never in Van's whole life did he think that she could sing! The song she sang seemed to have a special meaning to Hitomi. Her voice was amazing, extraordinary, heavenly. The only part Van could remember of the song was "…Black bird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see, all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free…" That part had stuck with him, reminding himself of… himself.

Varie had hugged him. Even so, he still couldn't believe it, that she was HIS daughter. The thing that amazed him the most was that she was and exact replica, what he could remember, of his mother, save for the sapphire eyes and her snowy-white hair. There was this regal presence about her, something just emanated Draconian blood.

He went to bed after merely kissing Hitomi on her forehead. No words were said, and he knew that he gave off the wrong impression. He was glad, really. No, really. He was happy that he now had a family. And he was glad it was with Hitomi and not any one else.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Slowly the eyelids of the king closed, scratching his eyes. Ah… sleep! Something that he hadn't experienced since he came to Asturia. It was meeting this, and royal that, bandits grrrrr and allies bleh! He was to return home within the next week. "Home! How I can't wait to be home!"

Sleep surrounded him, drowning him. Van was standing on the edge of a never-ending abyss. In the pool of darkness he saw something… No, someone! A person-no not a person, a symbol of pure evil-that he least expected to see. Hatred boiled within. IT was dead! That's what they had said. Why would Van have this dream if… IT… was dead? That fire-red eyed albino devil! Good riddance.

"Dilandou!" Van growled.

The picture burned, flames reflecting in both the eyes of Van and Dilandou. Before the picture faded the symbol of pure evil seemed all too real.

It was gone, all gone and not making any sense!

His warrior instincts kicked in. someone was watching him. Cautiously he opened his eyes. The two moons glowed with their never-ending magic, and a lithe figure stood in shadow.

"I couldn't sleep," It said slowly.

"Right," Van propped himself on his elbow. "You can come in."

The figure moved to the opposite side of the bed, her back facing the moons and Van. Even from this far away she could feel his heat. How she wished to drown in it. But now wasn't the time, not with Varie here in the same castle. The bed creaked as Van moved closer to her. With every inch swallowed up, an antagonizing pain rushed over her. Oh, how she long to be in his arms with his touch, his kiss!

When he had reached her, his hand hovered over her body, flowing down from her shoulder down to her hip. How he wished that he could touch her! His heart said, "YES!" while his mind screamed "NO!" He gave into his heart. He pulled her closer, making her conform to his body, back to chest. His arm ran down hers tying their fingers together, palm to back of hand. He brought it in so it rested on the pillow. He was amazed that Hitomi didn't resist to his movements. Leaning forward he kissed her neck below the back of her jaw. "I don't regret it, Hitomi." He said softly.

"I know," she said, nearly inaudible.

"I love you. And I'm glad that we have a daughter."

Hitomi remained silent as tears streamed down her cheeks. "I… I…" she paused, believing that what she was about to say was a sin and that the gods would make her life a living Hell, but with Van, she was safe. "I don't want… to go back." She turned to him; leaning over, she brushed his lips. The salt tears flowing faster each second.

Van's unoccupied hand slithered to the back of her neck pulling her in. They kissed passionately in bliss, until Hitomi pulled away. Her tears fell faster. Van pulled her in, resting her head on his bare chest, letting her know that she was safe tonight, and that it would be alright, maybe not soon, but it would. The tears slowed and sleep peacefully claimed them both.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Laying on the nice, cool grass, head propped up by a stone bench, Celena sighed. Her eyes left the balcony where Hitomi had disappeared. I don't want to go back…Celena silently recalled Hitomi's conversation with Van. It wasn't her fault Celena heard; she just had really, really good ears. Allen said she was born with a gift, but she thought it was a talent from her hidden past. Which, Allen refused to speak of.

She already knew, though. No one had told her, it was a sixth sense of some sort. Her dreams would relay his life story in chaos. That's how HE seemed to Celena. Though he seemed calm and collective, HE was nothing but chaos. Dilandou was nothing but chaos. The only thing that made sense to Celena was his relationship with his Dragon Slayers. There were five, in all, during the Great War and all five died. He had two others who were with him throughout his life, Ezree and Kalte. Ezree was the only woman and had strong ties with Dilandou. During the dreams that included Ezree Celena couldn't help but feel that Dilandou had loved Ezree. Kalte was a brother to him, but died suddenly before Dilandou was sent into his first battle for the Great War. It was hard for Celena to believe this man felt for others, loved others.

Again, Celena stole a glance at the balcony. Nothing. No sound, or movement.

How she envied them, Van and Hitomi; envied their never-ending love. It surprised her that they had remained loyal to each other after all these years. Especially with the long breaks, years in length. Did she have that with Gaddes? Was he the one who she would spend the rest of her life with? Or was her relationship with Gaddes just a fling? She did love Gaddes, but how much? Would she go to the ends of the world for him? Possibly, if given the chance.

"Celena?"

Sitting up, Celena looked behind her. "Gaddes? What're you doing out here so late?"

Gaddes chuckled, "I was just about to ask you the same thing."

Celena turned back to the night horizon. "I was looking at the stars."

"So," Gaddes smiled slyly as he moved toward her, "you weren't eavesdropping on Van and Hitomi, now were you?"

"No!" Celena countered with feigned indignation. "I just happened to see Hitomi walk into Van's room. I just happened to hear their conversation…"

"You are truly evil." Gaddes joked, then within seconds he regretted it.

She smirked, "I know. I do have really good eyes and ears, too." She paused eyeing him. His midnight blue locks fell over his wonderful blue* orbs. He was buff. Not so buff that every time he flexed his shirt would rip, but just enough. His trusted samurai sword at his side. "I don't suppose you weren't eavesdropping on them either?"

His figure became ridged. "No, as a matter of fact, I was eavesdropping on you." Celena snorted, turning back to the stars. "Mind if I sit with you?"

"Yes" she stated plainly, but Gaddes knew better.

"Tough, I'm sitting anyway."

Celena smiled, as he sat down nest to her. Those crystal blue orbs of hers glittered in the moonlight. To Gaddes, she was the perfect being, an angel. "I would have made you sit with me anyway." Celena responded light-heartedly.

A calming silence fell between the two. Gaddes moved his arm, wrapping Celena in his warmth. She scooted closer to him, closing her eyes peacefully. This moment seemed to last forever, something that Celena wanted. No outside problems. No Allen.

"What's your favorite constellation?" Celena asked moving closer to Gaddes, as a small breeze blew by.

"Me?"

"No, I was talking to my invisible friend, Anthony."

"Okay, so what is his favorite constellation?"

"I don't know. You tell me."

Gaddes eye reflected the moons and stars. He smiled softly as he pulled Celena even closer. "Orrorin and Lyra."

"And why is that, Anthony?" Celena smiled again.

"Because his mother told him the story of Orrorin and Lyra every knight before he went to bed."

"Let me guess, it's all blood and gore?" She adjusted her head and placed it on the crook of his neck. Taking a deep breath, the scent of autumn and cinnamon whirled around her.

"Nope."

"Wow! I'm impressed!" Celena looked up at Gaddes, "Tell me the story."

"Alright," Gaddes paused as if to gather his thoughts, "Orrorin was a knight."

Celena snorted, "Typical…"

"Excuse me, who's telling the story?"

"Anthony!" she replied smiling widely, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Gaddes rolled his eyes, "He had short black and blue hair, and blue eyes-I'm adding details `cause I know you'll yell at me if I don't-" Celena smiled again. "He fell in love with a beautiful goddess of Heaven named Lyra. She was the most perfect woman he had ever seen. She had blonde hair, long and thick, and sparkling blue eyes. She loved him too. Their love was forbidden, but they defied the laws to be together. Hexas, Lyra's courtier, god of the Under World, attempted to kill Orrorin, but before he could, Lyra placed Orrorin in the Heavens, where no one could get to him but her. In doing so Orrorin became a god, the god of battle.

"Again, Hexas attempted to destroy Orrorin, but killed Lyra instead. In one last chance to save her Orrorin used the last of his power and placed her next to him in the sky, where they could be free to love one another. There, they watch over the young lovers of Gaea with a forbidden love, making sure they're love with out last all obstacles. Much like Hitomi and Van."

"Much like…" Celena started, then decided against it.

"What?"

"Never mind."

"Finish your sentence."

"No, it's just nonsense."

"Really?" Gaddes' eye brow arched up. He looked down at her, the mischievous glint in his deep blue orbs.

Celena looked up at him, "Gaddes…" she spoke with a nervous tone.

Gaddes moved closer to her as she tried to move back crab-like across the grass. Gaddes' arms snaked out, fingers outstretched. When he was close enough, he tickled her sides. He smiled evilly as he watched her face turn red from laughter.

"Gaddes… Stop!" She choked out between giggles. "I… can't… breathe."

"Tell me what you said!"

"No!"

"Okay…" He tickled her even more. Celena's laughter was music to his ears. Her sent of wild flowers intoxicated him. Tonight was the first time they had been alone since they had left to go to the country castle. They weren't able to have time alone for months. This was perfect to Gaddes; just being with her was enough for him. By the time Gaddes to tired to tickle any longer he was on top of her staring into her ocean blue eyes.

"Fine," she spoke softly. Gaddes was inching nearer and nearer to her. "Much like… us." She managed to say before Gaddes spoke.

"Marry me, Celena." He whispered as he closed the gap between them. As his lips brushed hers, Celena immediately excepted. She moaned lightly barely audible. Gaddes saw it as a sign to continue, but when he tried to Celena pulled away, confusing him greatly.

"We can't,"

Gaddes sat up perplexed. "What?!"

"Oh! I mean yes. I will marry you." Gaddes smiled widely. "But…"

"There's a `but'?" His smile fell with in seconds.

"You have to ask Allen first, for my hand in marriage." She sat up as Gaddes sighed deeply. "You also have to tell him that we have been together behind his back."

"You're right. Wait… You said `you.' Why not `we'?"

Celena stood up and walked over Gaddes. Kissing his head, she replied, "You can fight back." A worried looked flashed across Gaddes' face. "Don't worry, love. You match my brother's skills in fighting one to… ten. I'm… sure… that you'll be all right. If you need moral support, I'll be there…in spirit."

"Please."

"Sure. But you're still doing the talking. Good night!" Celena kissed his forehead and glided away.

"Good night." Gaddes called after her. His head hung in utter dismay. Allen was fiercely protective when it came to Celena. Maybe, since Gaddes was his best friend he would be happy? All of Gaddes hopes and dream slowly shattered as he tried to work out what he would say to Allen.

Time passed by quickly as he sat there starring at the stars, mainly the constellation Orrorin and Lyra. A scream from a distance away flew to his ears. It came from where Celena had disappeared. In a flash Gaddes was on his feet and his sword drawn. When he turned the corner Celena was nowhere to be seen. Figures flew across the moons, away from the castle, three total. Dragons…?!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hitomi sat up leaving the safety and warmth of Van's embrace, her eyes searching the darkness. Turning to the moons she noticed something was different about them. Something wasn't right.

Van stirred next to her. Propping himself on his elbow, he rose. "What's wrong?"

"Varie."

Author's Notes: Hope y'all (lol) liked this chappy! If you did, you must…*cough*… REVIEW! Please. Oh! And if you want me to contact you with updates please let me know.

*Ri is Gaddes' nickname for Varie.

*I'm taking a guess on his eyes. If I'm wrong please let me know. ^____^;;