Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Upon Your Return ❯ Upon Your Return ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Poem

I don't own Escaflowne ….yada… yada… yada…

UPON YOUR RETURN

A remembrance, your oath to me
Uttered in solemnity and permanence,
Cast a shadow on my heart that soothed my mind.
For a time…

The separation that ensued carved a wound in my heart,
Yet I was grateful for the memory of you.
Still as days passed with us apart
My soul felt scorched with every morning new.

I miss the color of your eyes, my love, wide and green.
I miss the music of your voice.
I long to hold you and feel serene,
I long to kiss you and rejoice.

I can't but hope that we'll meet again,
That you hate the hollowness I feel within.
Matching my stubbornness of heart and with it yearn
For the togetherness we'll have upon your return.

Author's note…

When I began writing WHEN ESCAFLOWNE RESCUED TRILLADEN, I didn't feel up to the task of writing a poem. It had been so long since I had made any real attempts at it. So I practiced and pondered and hoped I could wax eloquent. I waited and waited and the critic in me refused to settle on something. The critic kills so much of our best efforts sometimes that it becomes an enemy to our muse.

I failed to realize that it was the journey of growth along the way that I should record. So here is the first of my mushy poems. I think this one is fairly obvious in what scene it reflects in the series, so I'll skip the cliché that reverberates around the hot romance between our favorite characters and apologize now for the sweet sentiment that I'm a sucker for.

I can't live without the verve of romance and the heat of passion. It's the gypsy in me. Don't you just wish Bandai would wise up and put of a sequel series?

Thanks for the indulgence…jean