Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction / Burn Up W Fan Fiction ❯ Onimusha - Legacy ❯ Onimusha: Legacy ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Onimusha: Legacy

Disclaimers: I do not own Burn Up or Onimusha. Burn Up belongs to AIC Productions, while the Onimusha series belongs to Capcom. Only the story is my original idea.

Author's Notes: This is a crossover of Burn Up and Onimusha.

Chapter 1 - Mysterious Deaths

Maki Kawasaki had been meditating while she looked over the reports at her desk in her Police Town office. It had been a while since the black diamond case and due to her successor's exposed corruption within days of her taking over Team Warrior, she was persuaded back.

Maki looked over the reports of gruesome murders that been happening in Police Town recently. There have been over 20 so far and it shows no sign of stopping. She never saw or heard anything like this before…even the wounds inflicted on the unfortunate victims, completely baffled the coroner and they also had Maki baffled.

"There have been no suspects and no witnesses…" Maki thought out loud, "These almost seem ritualistic…could they part of some ritual? Could this be the work of some cult we don't know about?"

There were many cults around the world in several countries and the authorities in those respective countries don't know about which Maki thought was likely but the only inconsistency are the wounds and how they've been inflicted. "These definitely seem like rituals…" Maki thought to herself. Then after some more thought, Maki came to a decision…

**

Meanwhile, at the office area of the Police Town headquarters…

"Zzzzzz..." Rio's laziness during her work hours have become a norm for her. But not when the burly police chief that was watching over her time and again was getting frustrated watching the so called rookie like this. Rio was mumbling something to herself while she rested on her folded arms on the desk she worked on.

"Yes, all my humble servants…you can do all of the hard work. I'm so filthy rich, I can buy the world!" Rio mumbled while sleeping. It appears as if she's having another good dream of being rich. The police chief couldn't take this anymore.

"Miss Rio!!" the chief shouted loud enough, that Rio suddenly jerked up from her dream. She nervously noticed the chief and started to fumble her work cluttered desk.

"Oh! Hi there, chief!" Rio exclaimed nervously. "How are you today?"

"Enough excuses, Rio!" the chief glared at Rio with an angry expression. Rio swore he had veins sticking out of his forehead. "Are you sleeping on the job again?"

"Oh, why would I do that?" Rio quickly turned and started to furiously work on the papers on the desk in front of her. "There's nothing I love doing more than sitting here, busting my chops and getting so much work done, so I can be ready for more!"

The chief was getting aggravated with Rio. He would fire her as she sat there, but he just has to put up with her a bit longer. With a simple groan of frustration, he simply started to walk out the room, with his eyes still on her while she worked away. It was only then when he stepped out the room, she sighed heavily and shook her head.

(There's got to be something better than this…) she thought to herself. With her head hung down, she then looked at the clock on the wall. The time read 11:53 am.

(It's almost time for lunch…I wonder if Maya wants to come along to have some ramen with me today?) Rio thought to herself, getting up from her desk. (At least it will be better than going along with Yuji for a change…he's always have a catch to paying for my meals with some crazy, perverted condition. I'll get him one of these days for the last time I had lunch with him…)

Rio made her way to the obvious place in the entire Police Town headquarters where she was sure to find her friend and fellow WARRIOR comrade, Maya Jingu. Maya happens to be the guns and ammos expert of the group, as well as the demolitions expert. The downside to Maya is that she also happens to have a fetish of shooting things with any gun she gets in her two hands.

(I'd bet she's in there right now…relieving herself of any tension she had since she last shot at something since that black diamond case…) Rio stepped into the shooting range, and there she met Maya, wearing a casual white vest and long blue jeans. Sweat had covered her back, as well as the rest of her ample chest and in her hands was a machine gun, being fired at the targets with perfect accuracy. When she had finished firing her gun down to the last clip, she let out an ecstatic sigh, before she looked to the side and saw Rio.

"Ah...hey, Rio." Maya nervously said while looking at Rio. "What is it that you're doing here?"

"Sorry if I was interrupting you from something important…" Rio smiled a bit to Maya. "But I was just wondering if you're in the mood for some ramen today?"

"You never get tired of eating ramen everyday, don't you?" Maya asked. Rio's eyes glittered when she thought about eating her favourite food.

"I couldn't help it! I'd like to call it the average consumer's perfect meal!" Rio shook one of her fists. "You really never tried ramen until you appreciate its' specialities."

"Sure, Rio. Whatever you say…" Maya shook her head. "Okay, then. I'll be coming with you, but please, don't bring Yuji along this time. I don't want to hurt him too badly like the last time we ever shared lunch with him."

"I didn't bring him! He stalked us!" Rio exclaimed. "Damn those outfits we had to wear for the last undercover mission we had…Maki's going to answer for why she…"

Before she finished, one of the fellow Police Town officers opened the door, interrupting the conversation.

"Excuse me, Rio?" the female officer asked. "Capt. Kawasaki requests you to be at her office as soon as possible. She also wants Maya to be there as well."

"What? But it's almost lunch and I'm hungry as hell!" Rio groaned.

"From the way she told me that, it sounded very important. At least go to her and find out what it is." the officer replied.

"Must be something about those weird murders that have been popping up around the city lately…" Maya put on her Police Town uniform. "Guess lunch has to wait, Rio."

"Aw, man…" the blonde groaned, following Maya out of the room. "I'd hope this better be worthwhile."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some minutes later at Maki's office, Rio Kinezono grimaced as she looked over the crime scene photos while Maya looked over the report as well.

"As you two know, there have been a lot of gruesome murders happening near Police Town, and so far, there have been no suspects and no witnesses. The coroner can't even make out what caused these wounds." Maki explained the situation "Also, there's a strong possibility that these might be part of some ritual."

"You mean some weird cult is behind this?" asked Rio, while shuddering to the sights at the photo she was looking at.

"Probably." Maki simply replied coolly. "In any case, I want the two of you to investigate. The last murder was held just on the outsets of this city at the bay fronts only a couple of nights back. Go as civilians and try to gather information we can use."

"Okay, whatever you say." Rio shrugged her shoulders, agreeing to go along. (The pay looks good on this one.) Rio then thought to herself with a small grin.

**

Later at the docking areas outside of Neo Tokyo, Rio yawned. She was wearing a bright red t-shirt with a black jacket and mini skirt, while Maya Jingu had on a simple yellow vest and long and baggy jeans. Nothing much had happened since they arrived there and they have been asking the workers around the docks about what they knew about what had happened. So far, not one individual can come up with a proper explanation. After about thirty minutes of investigating, Rio thought this was proving a waste of time, as the crime scene people are already done and already there are people here.

"Well, this was a big fat waste of time." commented Maya with a loud, bored sigh. All the people they talked to had no idea what happened. Nothing they did turned up anything.

"Ah well…might as well give Maki the low-down of what really happened when we get back…" Rio began, but trailed off when she heard something.

Suddenly, civilians and workers alike were running everywhere. Rio and Maya look as strange creatures started attacking the civilians. Most of them were green, scaly and were wearing clothes.

"What the fuck are those things!?" Rio shouted. Without wasting time, she took off her street clothes only to revealing her WARRIOR outfit of a skin tight, black and red jumpsuit with gun holsters at her shoulder areas.

"Who the hell cares?! At least it's a chance for me to do some shooting!" Maya shouted, who already did the same and got into her WARRIOR suit. Her outfit was black and green, which had altered designs for her outfit. She had her Uzi at the ready and began to open fire the second there were clear civilians.

Rio gasped and charged at one of the monsters who was about to attack a little girl. Striking the monster with her tonfars with a single strong blow, she sent the monster flying. Rio then picked up the little girl.

"Are you alright, kid?" Rio asked, while holding her in her arms.

"I…I think so…" the girl trembled.

"Don't you worry, I'll make sure nothing happens to you…I'll get you out safe." Rio then got herself and the young girl to a safe distance away by sprinting as fast as possible to the exit of the docks and from the action. When they were far from the danger, Rio patted the young girl's head.

"Now, run along and meet your mommy and daddy." Rio smiled. "Leave this to me!"

"Th…thank you very much, miss!" the girl cried out, running away to safety. Rio nodded her head as she saw her escape. She then glanced back to where Maya was fighting.

(Now's not the time to lapse around…Maya's in trouble.) Rio thought to herself. (And whatever the hell those things are, even her guns can't seem to even slow them down. They are fast and furious and they're out for some blood…)

"Come on!" Maya growled in frustration, as her gun was doing nothing to stop them. She was being cornered by four, dagger wielding ninja like monsters with masks on their faces. She had never encountered anything like this in her life. It was like acting out a horrible nightmare.

(Damn….just what I must do to make sure they stay dead?!) Maya thought to herself while she fired. However, she didn't pay attention to the lone monster like ninja that was perched above her on a stack of crates. It was prepared to make its swipe at Maya.

"Look out!" screamed Rio as she barged Maya out of the monsters way when its' blade narrowly missed her neck. Thankfully, both women were uninjured. But when they recovered, they found themselves outnumbered by the growing group of monsters.

"What the hell are we dealing with here?!" Rio thought to herself in a mix of shock and anger. Then she realised something. "Wait a minute…these things were probably behind the murders!"

"Shit! What do we do now, Rio?" Maya exclaimed, still clutching to her gun.

"I'll tell you what we'll do." Rio commanded. "Get the rest of civilians in the area out of here! I'll hold these things off!"

"But…!" Maya protested, but Rio only stood up bravely against the group.

"You shouldn't worry about me so much. I'll be fine." Rio said, adjusting her tonfars. "I promise to meet up with you soon, just get out of here."

The green haired Maya only shook her head in disbelief, but she knew she had to trust Rio's top notch fighting capabilities. She then stood up and started to run in the opposite direction behind Rio.

"Rio, you'd better keep that promise and come back okay!" Maya shouted as she proceeded to evacuate, while giving what covering fire she can.

"Come on, uglies!" shouted Rio, readying her tonfar "You want a piece of this? Then, come and get it!"

"Didn't know humans could be so bothersome!" came a loud voice from behind the group of monsters. Rio looked in that direction and saw something resembling a human female, except it had blue skin, spiky white hair and red eyes it wielded twin blades. The clothing was part armour for the chest area, while it's stockings below her waist showed flexible and well toned thighs.

"Out of my way! I'll deal with this pesky insect!"

"Who…or better yet…what are you?" demanded Rio, pointing her tonfar at the strange, looking individual.

"You don't need to know that, human! For the record I am Andariel!" screamed the demon woman as she leapt to attack. Rio barely parries with her tonfar, but then Andariel gives a sharp kick to Rio's abdomen sending her into a wall.

"Ugghh…" Rio groaned, holding her stomach. (Damn...I've never seen anyone who moves that fast and powerful before…what the hell's going on here?)

"Awww…down for the count already?" Andariel smiled at the fallen Rio. "And here, I was expecting a fight from at least one of you weak humans!"

"We'll see who is weak, you sorry excuse for a cross dresser!" Rio shouted at her enemy.

"You shouldn't have wasted your last breath to insult me. Instead, you should have used it to make good use of your last moments." Andariel spoke.

"RRRAARGGGH!" Rio attacked with her tonfar which Andariel expertly parries by simply waving her hand at the tonfar, knocking Rio off balance. Rio was stunned when she was knocked off by Andariel, she hardly had time to see what her new enemy will do next. As soon as she managed to gain her balance, she turned around to face the demon, but Andariel was preparing to fire an energy bolt at Rio. The bolt found its mark and had sent her flying through a window.

"Uggh!" Rio grunted as she landed in a storage room. Her body had taken a brutal beating, she can hardly get up straight. Using whatever strength she had, she managed to stand up one more time, but the energy bolt she was attacked with took a lot out of her.

(Damn…is…is this the end for…me?) Rio thought to herself, as she stumbled forward onto the broken glass around her. (But I can't…give up…never…)In seconds, she passed out, as the last thing she recalls is Andariel laughing at her…

**

Rio groaned, her body hurt all over from the previous fight. But what surprised her the most was that she was STILL alive. As that was important to her, she held her head and shook it, trying to get her senses together.

"Hmm? I'm still in one piece? That's surprising…" Rio asked herself. "I thought that skank, Anda…whatever…would have finished me off, but I guess she's not the type to do those sort of things. I must have gotten lucky…"

Simply shrugging off nay negative thoughts, she then focused on the more important things that mattered to her.

(I wonder…is Maya okay? Was it really right for me to let her go on without me?) Rio held her arm and pondered. (And did the civilians get away alright?)

However, when Rio took notice of her surroundings, everything was pitch black except for some weird lights that surrounded her.

"What the hell!? Am I still alive? Am I dreaming?" Rio yelled.

"Yes, Rio Kinezono. You are definitely still alive and, no, you are not dreaming." Came a voice from within the darkness. It was deep and authorative and it seemed to made Rio stagger back in shock and fear.

"Who the hell are you?" asked Rio.

"I am of the Oni clan. What you and your comrade have confronted earlier was the Genma." Replied the voice.

"The genma?" Rio scratched her head.

"Yes." Replied the voice. "The genma is the ancient term used for the word…demon."

(This is crazy…were those actually demons I just ran into?) Rio thought. (I'd better act like this was some kind of dream and go along with it…)

"So…these demons have been around for like, a long time, huh? What on Earth are demons doing around this day and age?" she asked, pretending to be interested.

"That is for you to seek the answers." then it continued. "Rio Kinezono, with your current power, you cannot stand against the Genma."

"Great…" Rio muttered. "Then…how do I stand a chance against them?"

"We can provide you with the means to defeat the Genma." Said the voice, then suddenly the other lights began swirling around Rio. Rio stepped back in fear, not knowing what is happening, but she then saw that they then culminated around her right arm. Then, there was a flash of light and something was on Rio's arm.

"With the power of that gauntlet, you can absorb the souls of the genma." The voice explained. Rio looked at the gauntlet and saw it was designed to match her arm and her WARRIOR suit. It was coloured in silver coating, it edges had shaped a small circle near her knuckle area, while the forearm looked more as a guard for her arm.

"Not exactly my taste…" she complained while gazing at it. "What am I suppose to do with this thing?"

"Use the gauntlet and gain victory over our enemy! Take their souls, defeat the Genma!" The oni uttered. Rio began to feel light headed again, as she fell on one knee and blacked out again into nothingness.

"Oh…not again…" she muttered as she fell unconscious on the dark, cold floor.

**

Rio groaned again and started clutching at her head. After getting up, she looked around her and she was back in Neo Tokyo, back to where she was where she and Andariel had fought and Rio had lost. She held her stomach while she grimaced, walking out of the storehouse.

"Man, what the hell was that? Was that really a dream?" Rio muttered, shaking her head. Then, after realising her right arm felt heavier than before, she looked at it and saw the gauntlet.

"Holy shit! That wasn't a dream!" Rio exclaimed. "It really was true!"

Not sure of what to do with it, she decided that she will wait for the next genma attack to test it out and confirm what she was told about the gauntlet. (Hmm…the Oni said that this had the power to defeat the Genma by stealing their souls…) Rio thought to herself, while looking at the gauntlet. (I wonder what other powers does it has?)

Shaking her fists, she focused herself to getting herself back to Police Town. She was going to have a hard time explaining this one to Maki…but first…

Her stomach growled as she began to walk. Rio remembered that she didn't have anything to eat for lunch yet.

(First I'll grab a bowl of ramen or two, then go back to Police Town to try sort this craziness out…) Rio thought to herself as she left the docks.

TBC