Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction / Burn Up W Fan Fiction ❯ Onimusha - Legacy ❯ Name of the Enemy ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Onimusha Legacy
 
Disclaimers: Same as before and I also do not the anime, Weiss Kreuz.
 
Chapter 3 - The Name of the Enemy
 
The day after the incident, Rio left the ramen restaurant with the gauntlet in a sports bag as the gauntlet would stick out like a sore thumb if she wore it out in the open. She learned that Maki had just picked Maya up from the hospital which was some good news. She was about to go shopping, when her comm unit came to life.
 
“Rio! Come over right away! Something important just happened!” Maki said.
 
“On my way!” Rio rushed to Police town, sensing the worst as always…
 
**
 
Everyone at Team WARRIOR was gathered as Maki laid out the situation as she showed them a recording of genma in a building.
 
“The Murasaki building was placed under surveillance, the recording device was found in a river, but the disk was salvageable. The results are what you see here. There's lots of demon activity here, so I think the place warrants investigation as the base of all that has happening in terms of the genma appearing.” Maki explained further.
 
“As in that apartment building?” asked Rio.
 
“Yeah, but this could be an opportunity to find out more about the Genma, we shouldn't pass this up.” Maki told her.
 
“Ah, what the hell! I'm game!” said Rio.
 
“So just why was the building under surveillance in the first place?” Lilica asked.
 
“They were investigating the activities of an assassin group known as Schwartz. At current, there are three of them and the fourth one from what we've determined is missing. Those who are present are…” Maki displayed a picture on the screen of an American man in his twenties he had black hair and wore glasses and a suit. “This is Brad Crawford, the leader of this group; he is an American from what we can tell. He is a very capable assassin he also has precognition abilities.”
 
“Precognition?” asked Rio.
 
“Yes…he has the ability to sense the future, though the extent of it we haven't been able to determine how much it goes. It seems every member of Schwarz has a special power next we have to look into…” Maki then showed a picture and a profile of a German man in his twenties with orange red, long wild hair and a green bandana on his forehead. “We only know this one by his code name Schuldig, which is German for guilty. He is a telepath as well.”
 
“A mind reader? This just gets better and better.” Commented Rio.
 
“Also…” Maki then displayed a picture of a scar faced Irish man in his twenties with white hair wearing an eye patch. “Again, we only know this one by his code name Farfarfello, he is resistant to any sort of physical pain and he's also reported to be a lunatic with a hatred for Christianity.”
 
“Hey Maki, you've mentioned a fourth one, who is he?” asked Nanvel.
 
“I was getting to that. We have not been able to detect him at all.” Maki then showed a young Japanese teen with black hair and blue eyes with an innocent appearance and was clad in something similar to a school uniform. “His name is Nagi Naoe, Japanese born with psychic abilities as the same levels of Crawford and Schuldig, however I had Lilica pull up files and from what we've determined, he seems to have turned his back on this group.”
 
“So, what are we going to do when we run into them?” Rio asked out of curiosity. “We got the genma to deal with as well at the same time, and it would be kind of hard to choose going after a group of assassins and take care of them at the same time, you know?”
 
“It may look the case, but you're chosen by the Oni to take out the genma, not to mention all the new hardware you've gotten since your last outings. This shouldn't be a problem for you, considering the bonus that's included if you apprehend Schwartz.” Maki said, causing Rio to jump up with stars in her eyes.
 
“Bonus? You mean…big bucks?” Rio asked.
 
“Uh-huh.” Maki replied with a smile, causing Rio to become exuberant.
 
“Well, why are we still waiting here for? Let's go kick some genma and assassin tail!” Rio shouted as she suddenly sprinted out the door, leaving Lilica and Nanvel to whisper among themselves.
 
“As always, Maki has a way of using Rio, doesn't she?” Lilica asked her friend.
 
“It's her way of getting Rio to do all the hard work…” Nanvel replied as they followed right their team-mates to Yuji's helicopter.
 
**
 
The WARRIOR helicopter dropped Rio on the roof of the Murasaki building without any problems. It was then her comm unit beeped.
 
“Rio, remember your objective is to find out as much as you can about the Genma, there's no need to engage in any fights unless the circumstance calls for it. We'll be waiting to pick you up as it's too risky for us to stay by.” Maki's voice spoke from the other end.
 
“Okay, Maki I got it.” Rio replied as she turned it off and found a stairwell close by. Entering it with precaution, she was careful not to bring any attention to herself if she was discovered.
 
`So far, so good…' she thought to herself as she hadn't run into any trouble yet. But the instant she turned the next right corner, a pair of green skinned and clawed genma leaped at her with their swords drawn. Rio grunted to herself as she rolled on her back in retreat away from one of the genma's swords and as she did, kicked away the genma as she recovered fast enough to stand on her legs.
 
“Well, it was being too good to be true anyway.” Rio told herself as she took out her
wind tonfar. Waiting for both of the genma to rush in simultaneously, she swung the tonfar to produce a small gust of wind around her, as the moderate wind cut into the genma with slashes from the strong breeze her tonfars created. As they were caught at the centre, they instantly decomposed into nothingness as Rio defeated had them and hope it didn't alert the rest of the building.
 
“Hope I don't run into any more of these guys as I go on at a civilian building like this.” Rio thought to her as she explored a few rooms and came up with nothing until then, her heard voices from behind a door at the end of the hallway.
 
“…consider this your punishment, Nagi.” A male voice with an American accent said from one of the distant rooms behind a closed door.
 
Rio heard grunting at first, as she decided to storm the room. Upon entering it, she recognised them as Schwarz including Nagi Naoe, who was being restrained by Crawford, but there was also a teal haired young girl being closed in on by Farfarfello. She didn't recognise the situation, but Rio responded like she always did and proceeded to kick the knife out of Farferello's hand, sending it into the ceiling, and then landed a punch on his jaw, sending flying him to the floor. Schulding pulled out a gun from his jacket, but Rio pulled out her wind tonfar and used it to create a bigger tornado in front of her, blowing the members of Schwartz, excepting Nagi into the walls.
 
During this commotion, Nagi was able to use his psychic powers and break out of the restraints which were holding him prisoner. He was now free the second he recovered and approached the girl as they both their escape out of the room. Just as the other members of Schwartz attempted to pursue them, Rio blocked their way and simply said to them, “I don't think so!”
 
Crawford frowned and then looked analytical as his expression now loosened “Ah, you must be the Onimusha our reports described. Rio Kinezono, am I correct?”
 
“What's it to you, Crawford?” Rio responded harshly, not really amused to Crawford knowing her name.
 
“You're quite known as the point leader for the strike force Team WARRIOR, so it's not so hard to get the information about you.” Crawford said. “Of course, the fact that you are the next chosen Onimusha just made the job of finding you so much easier for us, thanks to our subordinate in the business, Kenzo Tachihara.”
 
“Kenzo Tachihara?” Rio asked curiously.
 
“Why, he's become prominent in the Genma, he and the demon king have big plans.” Schuldig spoke now. “It's a surprise you don't know about him…it was thanks to him, the genma forces we are using to take Neo Tokyo piece by piece and it's only a matter of time before the city is totally overrun by demon legions.”
 
“You guys got to be crazy to even work for someone like that!” Rio shouted. “Do you even know just what the genma are and what they can do?”
 
“There are worthy benefits for working under the lieges of the demons, Miss Kinezono, I'm certain even your current payroll in WARRIOR isn't subtle enough, am I right? Tachihara is a man made of money and power, he can pay you ten times the amount WARRIOR pays you if you get to do just one task for him. ” Crawford spoke. “Would you be interested in working for him? I'm sure Tachihara will find room for you.”
 
Rio simply gritted her teeth and held up her weapons. “You're wasting time asking me to work for someone who may as well kill off everyone in this city if the genma ran over things. You can take your stupid offer and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, Schwartz, because I'm not interested!”
 
“My, my…no need for harsh words, Kinezono.” Crawford said, fixing his glasses. “Oh, well, it can't be helped…I sensed you would refuse us, and I wish I wasn't the one to tell you this, but since you know about our plans, we can't allow you to leave here alive.”
 
“We'll see about that.” Rio said, as he first person to rush her was Crawford himself, who was already in front of her before she saw it coming. Throwing a few punches at her, Rio was able to deflect them using her tonfars, but she didn't see the lightning quick strike to her stomach area when she was about to land an attack on Crawford who dodges it in time.
 
“Fortunately for me, I know all about your expertise in the martial arts, Kinezono.” Crawford said, grabbing Rio by the hair as she was stunned. “Combining my boxing skills with my gift of seeing into the future has its worthy advantages in a close quarters fight.”
 
“Why, you…!” Rio grunted, while her body slightly weak from the impact of Crawford's punches.
 
“Let me at her!” Farfarello said as he dashed at her with two throwing knives in his hands, swiping air as he came. Rio looked at his direction and suddenly did a handstand which brought her legs to kick Crawford in the face, in time enough for him to let his grip on Rio go, for her to go for a low blow on his legs to throw him down flat on his back. The blonde then stood up to face Farfarello before he slashed away at her, however, Rio spun the backside of her tonfar to knock away the knives, and giving Farfarello a powerful kick at his open abdomen area that sent him flying back.
 
`I guess there's a limit to how far Crawford can see into the future, which explains why he didn't see my feet reworking his face before.' Rio thought to herself as she then saw Schuldig reaching for his gun once more. He started to fire it at Rio's direction, but she was quick on her feet and she started to sprint away to a table, which she took a grab on to flip over to the side and used it as a cover from the gunfire.
 
`She is as good as they she is…this can prove interesting.' Crawford taught to himself as he rubbed his chin. `But she is holding back her Onimusha powers against us; she seems obligated on taking on the genma using them than using it on humans like us…'
 
“Crawford, we have to find that Nagi and that bothersome girl he has with him!” Farfarello spoke, as Rio and Schuldig were now in a gun fight using their own guns.
 
“We will go after them soon enough, Nagi will be paid dearly for betraying us.” Crawford said. “But for now, let's focus on an escape plan, shall we?”
 
As if on cue, the ceiling above them crashed down and a horde of seven genma, clad in armour and wielding swords landed right in between Schwartz and Rio. Schuldig withdrew fire and joined his comrades, as Rio looked to see more genma in front of her.
 
“Sorry we had to cut this meeting short, Kinezono, but it does seem our `acquaintances' are in dire need for your company now.” Crawford said as he and his group started to head for the door behind them. “But I will promise you this will not be the last time you have seen us.”
 
“Dammit! Wait!” Rio shouted in anger, but now seeing she had new problems to deal with. `Great! At this rate, I'll never be able to catch up with them if I have to deal with this genma scum, but I got no other choice…'
 
Kicking the battered table at one of the genma, Rio charged at the horde with her tonfars, taking down genma as she got close to one with powerful strikes from her Oni granted weapons. Two genma were down and there were several more, but Rio didn't have time to waste on them using natural skills alone.
 
“Desperate times call for desperate measures!” Rio shouted, taking her tonfars and using them to create a powerful gust of wind that sucked all the genma around her into the centre and right into the slashes the wind created. After they all decomposed into nothingness, she used her gauntlet to absorb all the souls being that were left behind from the slain genma and bolted out the door. Seeing an open door next to her, she made a run to enter it on the hope that she can still catch up to Schwartz somehow.
 
`No time to waste…” Rio thought to herself as she went on the descending staircase into the dimming light of the building. She had to be prepared for any more surprises she would meet once she gets to the bottom…
 
**
 
When she finally got to the bottom floor, Rio has reached a basement area, and it was there that she saw another Oni Shrine. She placed her gauntlet in it and then found herself with a No Dachi in her hands. Its element was Fire.
 
After that, Rio found a passage, so she headed in that direction and saw a tall, powerful looking genma.
 
`Damn…really can't take on that genma with the tonfars I'm using now, maybe it's time to try out the new hardware I just got.' She though to herself as she stepped out in the open and before the genma can register what was happening; she used the flame magic of Irishi to burn it as it stood. This really impressed Rio a bit as she absorbed the genma's souls using the gauntlet.
 
“This can be one hell of a useful weapon; I'd better keep it close from now on.” Rio said as she proceeded to a room at the end of the area. But then as she entered it, she found herself in a blue field which held her in place.
 
“What the…?” Rio cursed as she tried to escape, but the power of the field was strong enough that even she thought of not touching it. Taking out her hand gun, she fired at it, only to have the bullets have no effect on it, as they disintegrated upon hitting the field.
 
“You're only wasting your time, Miss Kinezono.” A voice spoke, from the other side of the field, as the figure revealed to be Brad Crawford himself as Rio started to grit her teeth in anger at him. “It is practically futile to try and escape out of there, even with your Onimusha powers, you're practically at a stand still.”
 
“Damn you, Crawford! Let me out of here now!” Rio demanded.
 
“Tut, tut, tut. Really now, Kinezono…if did let you go, you'd be just be a hindrance to our plans. I think its better you stay tight where you don't be much of a bother anymore.”
 
“Just you wait when I get out of here somehow and start praying I don't get to you, because you're really starting to piss me off now!” Rio shouted, as Crawford let out a small laugh.
 
“A pity it had to come to this, but I'm simply doing what I can to see Kenzo's plans through. We would have been even more powerful with you on our side, but that's no matter.” Crawford said, turning his back at her. “Now, Rio Kinezono, if I were you now, I'd make sure to spend the time remaining useful. I'll be returning shortly with some of the genma who will be more than happy to take care of you once and for all.”
 
As Crawford laughed when he left the room, all Rio could do was curse herself.
 
`Now what the hell am I suppose to do now?' Rio thought to herself. `If I don't find a way to escape somehow and report this to Maki, we will be in even bigger trouble than before. But how am I going get out of this field to begin with?'
 
**
 
Nagi and Tot were out of breath as they ran from Schwartz's pursuit. If it wasn't for that mysterious woman who came in and attacked the members, he and Tot wouldn't be alive, trying to find a way out of the building they were in. Finding themselves at a corridor, they entered a security room, which wasn't occupied, but the scent of blood and dead bodies certainly welcomed them as Tot did her best not to watch the gruesome scene. There was no operator inside, but they saw on a camera that clearly show the woman who helped them earlier seeing, she was trapped by a mysterious suspension field.
 
“Oh no…” Nagi muttered. One way or another, they had to help that woman, since she was responsible for letting Nagi escape in time. He searched a corpse and found plans to the device that was being used to trap Rio, it had two portable generators but they were in separate locations apart from the room they were currently in.
 
“Nagi?” Tot asked suddenly from behind, who was observing everything around her.
 
“Listen, Tot…I…”
 
“I…know. We gotta help that lady, right?” Tot replied. “She came in just before nasty Crawford was going to hurt us for sure. We owe her one, so it's best that we return the favour.”
 
“Right. Anyway, I think we will each have to take a generator, I'll take the left one and you take the right.” Nagi said, taking her hand. “Don't worry, Tot…we'll soon be out of here, just hang tight and be careful, Crawford and the others could still be around, not to mention those genma things, for all we know.”
 
“Okay, see you later. Be careful yourself, Nagi.” Tot said as she gave him a light kiss on his lips, causing him to blush all of a sudden. After they broke, they suddenly noticed a box they didn't see coming in. On a curious whim, Tot opened and they found two strange bracelet like charms that had rose designs on them that looked like charms, then suddenly Nagi had an idea.
 
“I have a feeling these will come in handy.” Said Nagi as he picked them up, as he put one on his hand, then handed the other to Tot before they went their separate ways.
 
**
Nagi ran through the corridor from the opposite direction of the room, but the genma was still running around. He had to get to the generator quickly before Tot encounters any problems she won't be able to handle. Quickly, he drew his gun and shot a genma that leapt out from nowhere, and then using his telekinetic abilities, he crushed two other genma their souls came out and somehow Nagi knew how to use the Soul Rosary which absorbed the genma's souls quite well.
 
But he had no time to waste; he found a flight of stairs that led downstairs where he had to fight more genma. Using his powers once more, he had to be careful how much time he does it, as the whole ordeal was starting to exhaust him. He was also running out of ammo for his gun, but he wasn't going to give up so easily. Knowing the genma were no match for his psychic powers, he quickly disposed of them by the numbers, while at the same time, not to overexert himself.
 
He finally cleared the path and had used the Soul Rosary to absorb the souls of the genma he had slain and finally came across one of the generators, but before he could do anything else, he heard a familiar voice.
 
“I'm afraid I can't let you do that.” A male voice in a German tone spoke as Nagi turned around and saw Schuldig standing there.
 
“Where's Crawford?” Nagi asked instantly.
 
“The boss decided to `visit' your friend, Ms. Kinezono.” Schuldig replied. “But he told me that in the case that we run into each other, I'm to dispose of you once and for all. A great pity, indeed, you had such a promising future in Schwartz, but I guess that conscience of yours is really a bother to our plans, Nagi.”
 
“Silence!” Nagi shouted, hurling psychic ball at Schuldig, who easily side stepped the ball before it got to him. The German psychic took out a handgun and fired at Nagi several shots at him, who deflected the bullets before they injured him. But it was a trick that Schuldig used to flank Nagi as he charged in with a low punch to the side, before kicking him hard enough to send him flying to a wall.
 
“All these years and you've yet to fully use your powers in terms in preserving your strength, Nagi. Didn't Crawford ever teach you that?” Schuldig asked. But Nagi paid no attention as he suddenly used a strong enough psychic blast that sent Schuldig didn't see coming in time, which sent him flying some feet away from Nagi.
 
“Yes, he did, Schuldig…I guess you must have missed that lesson, huh?” Nagi said, getting up on his feet once more. Seeing a metal crate close by, he used it with his powers and swung it at his enemy's direction, who have moved out of range in time. Nagi then saw where the crate landed and it was right into the generator itself. As Schuldig tried to get up, the generator fizzled out and died out.
 
“Well, that just made a whole lot of things easier…” Nagi said to himself as he started to run up the stairs as fast as he could, and away from Schuldig who was getting up. (Hope Tot's having better luck than I am and that she's okay…)
 
As Nagi escaped, Schuldig looked at what was left of the generator and shook his head with a grin. (The Boss isn't going to be happy when he hears about this; I wonder how's Farfarello doing?)
 
**
 
Meanwhile, Tot ran down the corridors as she was still searching for the generator. All that she had for weapons was her umbrella and thus far, she managed to beat a genma, thanks to her skills as an assassin herself. Then, as she headed down a flight of stairs, she barely got out of the way of a slashing attack from a man known as Farfarello, the man who almost killed her some time ago.
 
“My, my…you're rather pesky when you're persistent, aren't you?” Farfarello said, as he threw a knife at Tot, who dodged it in time and ducked for cover from the Irish's slashes. When he was out of knives, he used a long, thin sword and started to swing away at her in a crazed fashion. Taking her umbrella, she deflected the strikes and dealt some damage to his chest area, but it didn't seem to slow him down.
 
“It's useless!” Farfarello said as he used the hilt of his sword and struck her face, before spinning it and try to pin her to the ground. Luckily, Tot rolled out of the way in time to evade to safety and recovered in time to stop the sword from meeting her face in a fatal strike.
 
“Back off!” Tot shouted, kicking Farfarello fiercely away from her. He threw a knife at her in a counter attack, and Tot ducked Farfarello's thrown knife and it smashed into a control console at a distance, which fizzled and had begun to overload the generator close by. Both of them saw the damaged generator and Tot knew her work was done as well.
 
“That does it! I'm outta here!” Tot shouted as she ran as fast as she could up the stairs and away from Farfarello, who started to sprint after her as well.
 
“You're not going far, little girl!” Farfarello shouted as he gave pursuit.
 
**
 
Brad Crawford, accompanied by a group of genma had returned to the room where Rio Kinezono, the current Onimusha was being held. (This is indeed fortuitous, both King Rangu and Tachihara are both going to be well pleased that we've captured the Onimusha, Schuldig should be able to deal with Nagi and that…) his thought trailed of as he had another vision, he then scowled in annoyance as to what he had just seen. (I see...so they'll both fail me. Oh well, at least I've got this unit of Genma here that Guildenstern provided for me. They can provide me with much better service at times like this. )
 
They went in; in time to see Rio free from the force field. She saw the genma and Crawford and started to smile. “Take her down!” ordered Crawford as the genma attacked Rio.
 
“You guys owe me big time for shutting me in there like that!” Rio shouted using her fire tonfars to quickly incinerate three genma in front of her as Crawford had moved away in time before he got singed by the attack.
 
“At this rate, it seems it would take more than mere genma soldiers to stop you, Rio Kinezono.” Crawford said he made his exit. “I'm sure if you manage to leave here alive, I got a nasty surprise waiting for you!”
 
“Don't run away again, Crawford!” Rio shouted, as she was busy slaying the genma while he made his escape. Rio kept the fight on as she used her fire tonfars against half a dozen genma. After it was a tough battle, she managed to defeat them with the remaining strength she had and saw that Crawford had gone during the skirmish.
 
“It's time to get out of this place.” Rio said as she went outside the room in the corridor. It was there that she saw that boy and that girl she rescued earlier.
 
“Hey! Thanks! Was it you guys who shut down that force field?” Rio recognized them as they finally met.
 
“Yes, it was us….are you alright, miss…?” Nagi was the first to ask before he was interrupted.
 
“Rio Kinezono, thanks for your help…Nagi Naoe.” Rio said while she smiled at him.
 
“How did you know…?” Nagi began to explain
 
“I'll explain later and you…” Rio said realising she did not know the girl until now. “And you are?”
 
“I'm Tot.” the teal haired coloured girl said, causing Rio to stare at her quizzically.
 
“Okay…Tot, anyway we better get out of here and…What the hell!?” Rio shouted as she saw another Genma approached them in the passageway. The upper part of its body was humanoid, while the entire lower body resembled a spider.
 
“Didn't know humans could be such pests!” Commented the genma Arakun, as he prepared for his attack. Rio pushed Nagi and Tot out of the way before the genma knocked her back using a large, baton like weapon. She got some wind knocked out of her, but was able to get back on her two feet.
 
“And just when I thought things can't get any worst…” Rio thought to herself as she prepared for another fight.
 
**
 
Crawford heard the rattling sounds from behind as he sensed Rio must have run into his `nasty surprise'. (Must be Arakun…) he thought to himself as headed downstairs to Guildenstern's lab where he saw the Genma scientist himself.
 
“Guildenstern, are you ready to move?” Crawford asked remembering Tachihara's orders.
 
“Yes! Yes!” Guildenstern replied coldly at him.
 
“I'm quite surprised…from little I knew of you, the first Onimusha we knew of Samonsuke killed you in this time.” Crawford said, fixing his glasses.
 
“Hmph, he killed but a simulacrum of me. Anyway, shall we go?” Guildenstern said as he and Crawford made their exit together.
 
**
 
Rio looked at her opponent and studied his eight legs on his spider like lower body. She found out that this genma was almost rather quick, and evaded his leg attacks. She barely avoided a mouth attack from its lower body which could have taken her arm off, but she found an opening and used her flame magic on Arakun.
 
“This is going to be tougher than I thought.” Rio thought to herself as she saw the flames had only slowed Arakun down. Looking for another opening, she ducked right underneath him and used her tonfars to slash off 4 of his legs, then with one blow, stabbed Irishi right into the back of his lower body.
 
“How could I die? By the hand of a human!?” roared Arakun as he fell down in a slump and died, Rio then promptly absorbed the souls that came out of the fallen genma's corpse. Nagi and Tot saw what had happened and were amazed to see Rio took down a genma like that.
 
“That was awesome, Rio!” Nagi looked surprised at this. “You seem to know how to deal with these things.”
 
“Yeah, Nagi and I have trouble dealing with them from before…” Tot said, as she saw Rio taking notice of the Soul Rosaries.
 
“Hey, what are those things you two got on?” Rio asked.
 
“We used these to suck up those genma's souls as well.” Nagi said.
 
“You wouldn't mind I can borrow those for awhile? If those things have souls as well, I may as put them to good use.” Rio said.
 
“Well, you helped us escaped and we returned the favour, so I guess it won't hurt if you'd had them for a bit.” Nagi said he and Tot offered the bracelets to Rio. But before the meeting can get any more calm, they heard more genma approach their location.
 
“There is no end to this!” Rio said, before looking at the teenagers. “Okay, you two, I got to make sure you two get out of here safely, but we got to separate for the time being. I really can't let you come along for the authorities to give chase, you know? We'll bust out of this place altogether and separate later, got it?”
“We understand, Rio.” Nagi nodded his head, as did Tot.
 
“Okay, I got enough information about what's going to go down, but we can't stay around here any longer…time to move” Rio said as she, Nagi and Tot hurried into a parking lot where Nagi had already found keys for a car. Rio took the wheel and they drove off on the road where at a good distance, they stopped in a few meters away from the building at a bus stop.
 
“You two think you'll be alright by yourselves? Those Schwartz goons may be back for you.” Rio asked as Nagi and Tot out of the car.
 
“We'll be fine, I'll protect Tot as long as it takes.” Nagi said. “We just hope we do run into each other again, Rio.”
 
“Yeah, same here too. You two aren't so bad.” She smiled at them. “Now, get as far away as you can here and be careful.”
 
“You two, miss Rio and thanks!” Tot called out as Rio drove the car off and Rio waved at it. Smiling to herself, Rio then focused on getting back to Police Town ASAP to report to Maki what she found out.
 
**
 
Crawford turned on the comm device of the genma, wondering how Tachihara would receive the news of the Onimusha escape.
 
“Crawford, make your report.” Spoke a powerful baritone voice.
 
“Bad news I'm afraid the Onimusha was here but she escaped, Arakun's dead.” Crawford spoke.
 
“I see…What about Guildenstern?”
 
“He's been moved to different facilities as King Rangu instructed.”
 
“Good, we will proceed with another phase of our place to take the city and after this, our position will be far better. Report to Guildenstern for your further orders.”
 
“As you wish.”
 
**
 
Rio drove to a spot the car but before she go further, it broke down and Rio was forced to leave it at the side of the road. Leaving the care behind, she sighed a breath of relief as she walked over to the ramen shop, which thankfully stopped some distance away from it. She got into a trench coat which she found in the car that covered her WARRIOR uniform.
 
“Man, am I glad to be out of there.” She then remembered she should contact Maki as soon as she can. However, she tried to contact her she got no response, this was most unlike Maki.
 
`Something must be wrong…' Rio thought to herself as her comm. unit had no response.
 
“Hey, Miss Rio what's up?” the ramen store owner asked Rio.
 
“Tried to contact my team mates, but I'm coming up with nothing.” Rio responded as she sat down. “Get me something cold to drink, will ya? I'll cover the tab later.”
 
“You look like you've been through it…”
 
“You think so? You don't know the half of it.” She replied as she drank a cold beer. It was then their conversation was interrupted by Miyuki driving by.
 
“Rio? Heard anything from headquarters?” she asked frantically.
 
“Nope.”
 
“I haven't either, there's no police traffic at all.” Miyuki said.
 
“WHAT!?” Rio shouted, unable to believe her ears. “That can't be.”
 
“Yeah, I've been trying to contact headquarters for some time now, and no one has responded. Rio, I think something's going on…”
 
“Then, we better head over to police town and see what the hell is going on.” Rio said and Miyuki nodded her head in agreement as they went into her car as they drove at high speed to police town…with no idea of what awaits them there…