Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Alone ❯ Weariness ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Flame of Recca is the property of Nobuyuki Anzai as Weiβ Kreuz is owned by Koyasu Takehito and Project Weiβ.
 
WK/FoR Crossover: Beautiful Alone
 
Chapter 1:Weariness
 
A hand on my shoulder shook me awake. It was a woman.
 
Her outfit and her hair strikingly stood out as my eyes were focusing on whoever snapped me out of dreamland.
 
Red.
 
I was seeing red.
 
“I don't think this the best place to sleep. Come with me…”
 
My eyes blinked. I was still trying to rid my mind off her appearance.
 
I suddenly remembered where I was. `Police Station, remember?' My eyes traveled to the little girl still asleep on my lap. I looked at the wall clock near the door.
 
`3:25'
 
I had been asleep for only a few minutes.
 
The woman in red was standing a few feet away from me. Her arms were crossed and she was tapping her foot, giving me an impatient look.
 
“Well?”
 
I didn't respond but I picked up Ganko and grabbed my bag. I stood up and followed the woman to the next room.
 
She led me into an office, completely furnished for comfort. The couch was the first thing I noted.
 
“I'm sorry that we don't have quarters for you to sleep in but please make yourselves comfortable. Both of you can stay here `til morning. I'm sure you're very tired.”
 
I placed Ganko on the couch and took a pillow to support her head.
 
“Arigatou,” I said in a very soft manner. I also took my seat on one of the cushions and dropped my bag on the floor.
 
The woman nodded back and walked to the door.
 
“Oyasumi nasai,” she said before leaving the room and closed the door.
 
I sighed heavily as I allowed my body to slump down the chair.
 
I closed my eyes, trying to let the fatigue take over my consciousness. A few minutes passed. It was hard to fall asleep again.
 
Several thoughts ran through my mind like what's going to happen in the morning… or what am I supposed to do, or how much will change after this… But I stopped myself from pondering over all these questions. I didn't want to think about them though I know that I have to face them sooner or later.
 
I turned my attention to the blonde girl on the couch. Ganko looked so peaceful sleeping. But somehow I felt that she was having nightmares of the recent events. I didn't want her to wake up then find out her nightmares were actually real. She's only 8 after all.
 
Loosing her mother, being orphaned and joining Kurei Mori's twisted group of assasins was already too much for her. She didn't deserve another trauma in her young life.
 
Though I'm amazed and envious of how innocent she still is despite all that had happened.
 
But I want her to keep that innocence. I want her live a normal life.
 
I stopped my tirade of musings when I realized that giving her a normal life doesn't mean I was still going to be part of her life.
 
I didn't want that to happen. But then I don't think it was in my hands to stop it.
 
I sighed in frustration.
 
`Don't think about it right now… there's time in the morning,' I told myself and shut my eyes, letting my tiredness overcome my consciousness.
 
… to be continued.
 
A/N: Hehe… That was really, really short. I can't think of anything to follow it. The part where she always falls asleep seemed so perfect for closure. And I know it's getting old, cliché, lame, or whatever you want to dub it, but I was aiming for closure in each chapter so there would be some kind of “theme”. Makes it easier for giving chapter titles. A cliffhanger would have been appropriate too but I really can't find how I can put it in the chapter. I also can't assure longer chapters but maybe faster updates, so give a thumbs-up if you're okay with that.
 
Also pardon my dangling modifiers, misplaced modifiers and typos. Tao lang po (that's “I'm only human” in Filipino). I'll correct them as soon as possible.
 
Reviews will be much appreciated though I'm not like other authors who reply to each review. So please don't be offended if I don't reply to your wonderful comments. If you really want a feedback, e-mail me at watashi_wa_anna_desu@yahoo.com.
 
Salamat po! (That's thank you in my language).
 
->Anna-san ^^v