Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Alone ❯ Human ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Flame of Recca is the property of Nobuyuki Anzai as Weiβ Kreuz is owned by Koyasu Takehito and Project Weiβ.
 
WK/FoR Crossover: Beautiful Alone
 
Chapter 2: Human
 
I felt lost.
 
I had no idea of what's going on.
 
The voices in the room sounded really distant. And the only thing that kept me from leaving is my conscience or the voice inside my head or whatever its called, telling me to stay put and listen to whatever babble that's going on in the room.
 
"Kirisawa-san, are you following any of what I'm saying?" the man in front of me snapped me out of my thoughts.
 
"Uh, sure..." I paused. "I think."
 
He sighed with a tinge of impatience. "Look, I know that this is very hard time for you but you see, you're the only one who could handle the things your parents might have possibly left you. You don't have relatives that can handle these things for you," his voice was already a bit higher with frustration.
 
For my part, I felt like a total idiot. But then who could blame me. I was only 16 after all.
 
"Look, Nikado-san, I understand that I am the only one who has to deal with these things but understand that I really have no idea what you're saying. You lost me after you started to talk about numbers," I calmly explained my situation.
 
"Okay, maybe we'll skip that part. But I'm sure you at least understood most of what I said earlier. I'd hate to go over that again."
 
I nodded in reply.
 
There was a knock on the door and my attention was shifted to the little blonde girl that came in.
 
"Ganko-chan, did you get to eat?"
 
She only nodded back. Without a smile or a frown. I couldn't tell how she was feeling. She hasn't uttered a word since she woke up. She took a seat in one of the chairs by the wall.
 
"Um, this little girl's with you, right?" I didn't like the tone in his voice.
 
"Yeah. My family took her in since I found her. Her mother died when she was very young..." I started.
 
He cleared his throat. I knew that it was time to discuss what's going to happen to this little girl that I had bonded with. I didn't want to but it had to happen sooner or later. It just happened too soon.
 
"Well, I think you know that you can't possibly take care of her by yourself. You're still in high school and your parents didn't leave you with much. Child services will have to talk to you later with the details. As for the other legalities, you have my number so you can talk to me about it," he said in a very business-like manner.
 
He sounded very formal. But then it didn't go as bad as I thought it would. He stood up and shook my hand then turned to leave.
 
It was already 8 in the morning. I still haven't called my friends. But they probably heard about it already. I was missing school after all.
 
Ganko sat very quietly, looking down on the floor. I moved to her side and leveled my face to meet hers.
 
"Hey, you all right?" I wanted her to say something. Anything...
 
Her eyes glistened with tears. I was taken aback when she lunged at me and wrapped her arms around my neck.
 
"Fuuko-neechan!" She was crying really hard. My heart was breaking as her sobs got louder. I wanted to cry with her too. But the tears weren't coming.
 
'Why the hell am I not crying!' Not even a sniffle. Am I that apathetic?
 
I really wanted to shoot myself in the head. It's not that I didn't feel anything. I just can't seem to cry.
 
They say crying can relieve you from your grief. But as much grief I know I'm supposed to have, it just didn't overwhelm me as much as it should.
 
Maybe it just hasn't sunk in… or because I've conditioned myself to accept that death is part of life. After all, it's the only thing we're ever sure of in our lives.
 
Ganko started to calm down. I was gently rubbing her back.
 
“Fuuko-neechan, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for crying. I know you feel bad too. I'm sorry for being weak…”
 
Her words astounded me. How could she say that?
 
“Hey,” I pulled away from her and looked at her straight in the eye. “It's okay to cry,” I said as I wiped her tears. “And you're not weak, okay? You've survived all these pains in your life despite your age.” I just wanted her to smile again.
 
I felt now was the time to tell her to be strong, especially when we're not together anymore.
 
“Listen, Ganko-chan. You know that it's possible that you may be separated from me…” I started. Her eyes widened and started to glisten with tears.
 
“No…” she whispered.
 
“I don't want that to happen too, but I don't think we can do anything about it. But remember that even if we get separated, you have to promise me you'll be strong,” I felt my tears starting to form but I held them back.
 
“Neechan… I don't want us to be apart. I want to stay with you…” Her tears were falling again. But mine were still held back.
 
“Aww… Ganko-chan! Stop crying,” I jested with a smile. “You're making me cry as well,” A few tears slipped from my eyes as I tried to lighten the mood.
 
That's when she laughed. I joined in as I wiped my own tears.
 
Our laughing/crying session was interrupted by someone who came in the door.
 
It was the woman in red again.
 
Our attention shifted to her as she was walking our way. That's when I noticed that she was also wearing red heels… with socks. My brow raised in amusement.
 
“I suppose both of you were comfortable last night?” she asked.
 
“Yeah. Thank you again for your help,” I stood up and held out my hand.
 
She shook my hand and replied, “Think nothing of it. Anyway, I suppose you two have no place to stay for a while, ne?”
 
I shook my head. “We were thinking of bunking with a friend but we haven't actually asked him yet...” I said with a sheepish grin on my face.
 
“Well, I suppose I can help you with that. There's a small place that you can stay in for a while. But I have a question…” She cupped her chin like how I'd imagine Sherlock Holmes would.
 
“Um, sure… Ask away,” I was a bit afraid of what she was about to ask.
 
Ganko was looking curiously at her.
 
“Weren't you in the 3rd Urabutousatsujin last spring with team Hokage?”
 
Mine and Ganko's eyes widened.
 
… to be continued.
 
A/N: Ah, and there's the first cliffhanger. As much as I didn't want Fuuko and Ganko turning cheesy, it can't be helped. If you hadn't guessed who the woman in red was in the 1st chapter, then you must not be familiar with Weiβ Kreuz. If you think it's a bit boring, just say so. The action part is yet to come. But I think I should shift character POVs. It's too one-sided if the whole fic was just in Fuuko's point-of-view. Agree? Disagree? Then review away!
 
Oh and it's Ishijima Domon's Birthday, May 5. My 18th birthday as well. Hehe… wala lang.
 
->Anna-san ü