Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Alone ❯ Release ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Flame of Recca is the property of Nobuyuki Anzai as Weiβ Kreuz is owned by Koyasu Takehito and Project Weiβ.
 
WK/FoR Crossover: Beautiful Alone
 
Chapter 3:Release
 
"How- how did you know that?" I was stammering. Hell, I felt really uncomfortable.
 
She looked quite smug as if she could read my thoughts. I didn't like the fact that knew something about me and I knew nothing about her except that she dresses weirdly and she likes red.
 
"Kirisawa-san," she began. "Rest assured that this is not common knowledge in the whole police department. So don't fret about it."
 
Okay, but that doesn't explain how she knows. She prolonged the silence that grew more awkward as she stared at me and I was holding my breath, waiting for my answer.
 
"As for how I knew,” she finally broke the silence. “I can only tell you that I was there..." And she ended it at that.
 
I could only nod in reply. As much as I wanted to know more, I felt that it wouldn't be a smart move to pry. So I kept quiet.
 
Ganko seemed to do the same.
 
"By the way, I'm Kitada Hanae, secretary for the chief of police," she held out her hand as she finally revealed the mystery of the woman in red. It wasn't much but it was a start.
 
I reluctantly took her hand. I still wasn't sure if I could trust her. But then I felt that it didn't matter much at that moment. So I decided to dismiss my anxiety.
 
"Yoroshiku..." I muttered.
 
"Well, I don't think I need to introduce myself since you already know my name..." I was squirming as she kept her gaze on me. My words were fumbling. I really didn't know what to say so I did the next thing that came to mind.
 
"This is Morikawa Ganko. I, uh- we..." my words faltered. I tried to find the words to explain the complicated relationship me and Ganko had.
 
"Don't worry, I already know." Her words re-enkindled my worry. She knew way too much about me although we just met. And I wasn't even sure what she really knows. But I kept myself from showing suspicion.
 
"Oh, okay..."
 
"Now about your parents' murder..." She had immediately changed the topic, breaking the awkward aura that was heavily surrounding us.
 
"Since your house burned down, there're only a few evidence that we were able to retrieve. The burned bodies of your parents didn't have much to start with. You and this little girl are the only witnesses to the murder. And you didn't see much either. We can only come up with theories based from your mother and father's profiles. We'll be interrogating their co-workers to see if there are possible suspects and motives for a lead…"
 
I tried listening intently to her. I was still not fully grasping any of what had happened.
 
`Kaasan and Otousan are dead, Fuuko… You're alone… Why are you acting like it's nothing?'
 
My ignorance and apathy towards my parents' death was disturbing. And it dawned upon me how wrong my actions and feelings were.
 
I interrupted her as my guilt started to consume my consciousness.
 
“Sumimasen Kitada-san, I, uh… Can we postpone this conversation for a while? I'm…” I wracked my brain for an excuse. I was desperate to get out of that room.
 
“I understand,” her eyes told me that she really did. “I'll leave you whilst you gather your thoughts,” She took her leave and I stood up to go outside and think.
 
“Ganko-chan, can you wait here? I have to go outside for something.” Her blue orbs stared at me with concern. She nodded silently in response.
 
I opened the door and left the room. I briskly walked through the hallway that led to the exit. When I got outside the building, I turned left and slipped into the alley alongside of the Police Headquarters. I leaned against the wall and let my body slip down as I squatted and ran my hand through my hair.
 
I let my mind wander again.
 
“K'so…” I hissed. I felt tears of anger welling under my eyes. I was not angry with those murderers. I was angry with myself. I was acting selfishly. And I was letting myself do so. Even though I knew it wasn't right to feel nothing.
 
I despised people who manipulate people or things so that they can get their way. Like that bastard Mori. He didn't care about the lives that were ruined in the Urabutousatsujin. Those corporate and high class idiots gamble their blood money just for the sake of entertaining themselves. It was sick. They demean all those who're not as wealthy of them, those people who fought for their lives… They treat them as if they were scum of the earth. They treated them as if we weren't human. Bastards…
 
And yet I felt that I was as bad as them. Their disregard for others… Like how I disregarded my parents' lives. I let them die… I didn't do anything except hide. It's like I killed them as well.
 
I hate my lack of emotions, tears, grief… I hate my selfishness. I hate myself.
 
I didn't want Ganko taken away from me because of my own selfish need. I didn't want to be alone. So I didn't want her away from me. I always thought of her as my only family and I had every right to be with her. I took her in because I felt she needed somebody like me… because she was also alone. But Ganko wouldn't get the life she needs if she stayed with me. If I let her, then I could ruin her life.
 
After all those things she went through, she deserves a better life. And I know I can't give it to her. I am, right now, as helpless as her.
 
And I did feel helpless at that point. I felt the loneliness of losing my parents and losing a home. And now I have to lose her…
 
There at that alley, I felt my control over my emotions crash down upon me.
 
And I cried.
 
I cried my heart out.
 
A/N: And cut... That was my pathetic attempt to put self-pity in my fic. But if you're a teenager, you very well know how angst-y your life can get. I overly dramatized that revelation part. But it happens especially when we're under stress. But not that dramatic. When you're in the real world, you would feel really cheesy and pathetic after over-acting like that. Was it crappy? Does the fic seem too dramatic after a prologue and three chapters? Tell me what it needs… So give this author some feedback.
 
I also want to thank the ones who sent their feedback. I didn't know that there are still readers from the fic's previous version. I promise this version is would be more structured and sensible. But I'm still not sure about the syntax and grammar. If you spot a grammatical error, feel free to point it out.
 
Arigatou gozaimasu!
 
>Anna-san