Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles ❯ Kingdom Hearts: Tolerance ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Tolerance
Author: AquaianGoddess/Christina
Rating: PG-16?
Pairing: VeXion (Vexen/Zexion, though possibly not in that order)
Summery: It wasn't affection
Notes: For Koi
Words: 423
 
It wasn't that the members of Organization XIII have affection for one another. That would imply that they had emotions, which would mean that they had hearts, which would mean that they weren't Nobodies. But they were Nobodies and they didn't have hearts, and anything they did feel felt like it was coming through thousands of feet of water or cotton, dull and muffled and barely a shadow of the intensity a heart would've had. So it wasn't that Zexion could say that he held Vexen “close to his heart”, or that Vexen could say that he was fond of Zexion. For the two, it was simply a matter of tolerance. Zexion was content with the piece and quiet of Vexen's lab, and Vexen allowed Zexion to stay so long as he didn't touch anything and left him alone.
 
As the time passed, the two had gotten used to the other's company. Zexion would occasionally ask Vexen questions about whatever it was that he was doing whenever the older man seemed stuck on something, for he was truly interested in the scientist's work, and Vexen found that when he sometimes talked out the problem with Zexion, the answer would come to him. They wouldn't say there was affection developing between them, they left that sort of nonsense to the younger members like Axel and Demyx (both of whom, it should be noted, annoyed Vexen endlessly), but there was an attraction, which was entirely possible, Vexen would explain, though his normally pale face would take on a tint of pink as it did. Attraction was a purely physical reaction based on chemicals and hormones and had nothing to do with emotions and “hearts”.
 
At least, this was the reason he tried to give Zexion to explain why the younger man was kissing his neck and backing him up against a wall as he unzipped his coat. The explanation never got finished, as Zexion dragged Vexen down into a kiss and then into the older man's bedroom.
 
It wasn't that they liked each other that they continued to do things like kiss and have sex, and it wasn't that they had affection for each other that saved Zexion from Vexen's wrath when another of his experiments were slightly ruined because Zexion dragged him off to have sex, and it wasn't because they were “in love” that Zexion was the only one who wasn't chased out of Vexen's lab with spears of ice. It was a matter of tolerance.
 
They tolerated each other. That was all.