Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ ...of angels and men... ❯ GUARDIAN ANGEL??! God... wake me up from this nightmare... ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

+++++REWIND+++++

...and then I heard someone speak in the dark….

"Dammit!"

+++++END OF REWIND+++++

Shit! That fall really hurt! I shook my head and sat up, brushing the debris that clung to my naked self. I looked around… Darn, it's so dark in here! I felt around for the folder that held my files, finding it under some sort of table. I groped in the dark for something stable to hold on to.

+++++CRASH!!!+++++

Ooops… I think I knocked over a vase.

+++++*****+++++

Another crash? But this time, it sounded like glass… Oh dear Lord! Not my 5000 dollar Chinese porcelain from the Chin dynasty!!! My heart pounded wildly against my chest, my hand tightening its hold on the gun's handle. Whoever this man-robber-whatever wants in my house, he's not going to get it! Feeling a surge of adrenaline in my veins, I pushed the bedroom door out of the way and pointed my gun at the dark figure in the middle of my living room. "Don't move! I have a gun and if you do anything stupid, I will shoot you!"

+++++*****+++++

Shoot me??! What'd I do? I just fell through his roof and broke his vase… nothing really serious. I stood still as instructed, waiting, waiting, waiting… until whoever this person was turned on the light, and I found a bespectacled man looking at me… with his gun pointed at my face. Oh shoot!

"Hey now bucko, we don't need to be hasty now… why don't you put that thing down and let's talk this over rationally." I said in the calmest voice that I could muster, that very much sounded like a pre-school teacher. "Excuse me?!" The man glared at me even harder, still not making any movement to lower his gun.

"I said…" I flicked through the folder in my hand, looking for his profile. Ah, here it is… let's see… name: Bradley Crawford, age: 27, gender: male -I can see that… "I said… Brad, you should put your gun down and let's talk it over rationally." I forced a smile as I closed the folder and used it to cover my "front side."

"How did you know my name?! And what is this about talking things over? Are you some insane man who jumps through the roofs of unsuspecting people with… with nothing on?!" He pushed his glasses to the bridge of his nose in a nervous gesture… I could tell. "I'm perfectly sane Brad, I just so happened to be sent down here at a very wrong time." I gazed up through the hole in the roof, hoping that Aya and Ken heard me. I sat on one of the chairs surrounding a table and laid my folder there. "Now, calm down and get your butt on the chair… or I will make you get your butt in it."

+++++*****+++++

I cannot believe what I am seeing right now… or hearing! There falls this naked man through my roof and starts talking to me and who is now ordering me to sit on a chair and actually TALK to him. Lord… why bring this crazy man into my life??? Did I do something so horrible to deserve this?

"Are you sitting or not?" The blonde idiot hollers to me, waving his hand to me like I was some… some child! I'll show him… no one can out say me in any discussion. This idiot is to be out of my apartment by dawn! I swear it.

I squared my shoulders and walked towards the table, placing my gun on the table then sat opposite him. "Who are you and why have you come barging into my apartment in such a vulgar and… not to mention, very unusual and idiotic way?" I said to him in the voice I used during my business meetings, all the while maintaining eye contact. The blonde looked straight back at me, smiling… obviously confident. Pompous idiot that he is… too confident for his own good.

+++++*****+++++

"I am Kudou Youji, Class C angel under Resident angel, Fujimiya Aya and I have been sent here to be… your one and only guardian angel!" I gave him a wink at that which made him lose his composure at that moment. Brad looked at me with such disbelief as he cleared his throat before saying, "Do you expect me to believe what you're saying Mr. Kudou?"

Geez! He didn't have to be so formal. "Just call me Youji… or, since you're special… you can call me Yotan." I whirled the chair around [it was one of those computer chair types], "And I don't expect you to believe it… I expect you to accept it, because I'm here to stay for your whole life time!"

"What??! Are you telling me that you are to stay here, in my own residence without my consent? I think not. I want you and your nonsense out of here right at this moment." Brad was all red now, he was standing with both hands firmly placed on the table in front of us. Obviously… he was losing it. Did I come on too strong? Really… he should have expected me, it's written here that he's an oracle.

"So… Brad, let's talk about your life now shall we?" I continued on, purposely ignoring his out burst. "Please sit down, you're really being impolite standing up like that when I'm talking here!" I waved my hand in his face. Surprisingly, he took his seat without a word, except that little death glare he just shot me. Too bad I'm already dead. I chuckled at my own joke.

"Excuse me, do you find this sick joke of yours to be amusing?" Brad asked me, menace filled his voice, his eyes boring into my skull. "Yes, quite. But this is no joke Brad." "STOP CALLING ME THAT!!!" He suddenly broke out angrily, just like an upset little kid. I raised my hands resignedly, "Okay, okay… what do you want to be called then?" "Crawford." The reply was short and curt.

"So Crawford it is, if it'll make our lives easier… then it's fine with me." I sifted through my files again and pulled out a piece of paper and skimmed it. "Well, it says here B-Crawford, that you're 27 years old, a great businessman with a big company, lots of money, lots of houses… but what's this?! Your love life's a mess!!! It says here that you're a--- hey!" I wasn't even finished reading it when Brad grabbed the folder and the paper from my hands roughly. "Give me that!"

I simply smiled at him as he leafed through every paper in the file, which just so happened to be a part of his whole lifetime chart, enjoying the look of confusion and disbelief that crossed his smooth American features. "Do you believe me now?" Through the flurry of paper where all his information in ink, information that no one could possibly, possibly get.

"I refuse to believe this? You're a spy aren't you? Sent by those tycoons who want to bring my company down!" Brad gritted out, trying to keep his voice down. I rolled my eyes, "Yes… I'm a spy for the rich tycoons who want to know the color of your boxers every Tuesday! What kind of idiot would spy on you with information about your non-existent love life, your vital stats, and the color coding of your boxers? Tell me that." I replied to him, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

At that he was silenced. Brad looked over the papers, his eyebrows knitting in utter confusion. I calmly took the folder back from him, he didn't object… he was staring out into nothingness. "Now are you ready to hear me out?" There was silence that followed my words, then he nodded. "Great! Were making progress aren't we?"

"Now, listen okay?" I straightened out, the chair was pretty uncomfortable on my naked butt. "I've been sent here to be your guardian angel. Actually, I'm the… nth angel to be sent here, and the reason why you're able to see me and not the others is because I got punished up there. They took my wings away, but I'm no ordinary human… I can still do a little cool stuff like so." With that, I snapped my finger and the debris on the floor quickly set themselves back on the hole in the roof, fixing itself. "But that's the extent of it." I sighed. "You get that?"

Brad was still staring at the roof that was fixing itself then he looked at me suspiciously. I ignored that and continued, "And the reason why I'm naked-the point that you've been stressing on since I got-I mean, FELL here is because when I was falling from up there, I was going too fast so they burned." I shrugged. "I guess friction works on part-angels too." Brad looked at me with a you-must-be-crazy look on his face, but I'm sure he'll get over it. He has a lifetime ahead of him to get used to me. "So anyway, the main reason that I've been sent here is to guide you to the right path of happiness. You've strayed too far for too long now, you need my guidance!"

Brad rolled his eyes, very unlike him really. "You can make me happy by putting something on, walking out of my apartment, and letting me get some sleep. I have a business report to finish." I chuckled at him and winked, making him look flustered for a moment. "So… where will I be sleeping???" I fluttered my eyelids teasingly earning me a disheartened grunt from Brad. He raised his hands in defeat and trudged sleepily towards his room.

I followed him, peering over his shoulder at what he was taking out of his closet. "Here, put this on, take this and sleep on the couch. I'll let you sleep for tonight, but tomorrow you leave." Brad shoved a pair of pajamas with a pajama top, a blanket and a fluffy white pillow then closed the door of his bedroom with a stifled yawn.

A wide grin spread across my features as I lay on the couch, curling up beneath the blanket and burying my face in the pillow. "That's Yotan: 1 and Heaven: 0…"

~tbc

[comments and suggestions please] -Farfarello