Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Always On My Mind ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
It's a Schreient-centred vignette and concentrated soley on my fave femme fatale Neu (a.k.a Murase Asuka). And yes I still adore Yoji-sama despite my fascination. Ja ne! Or as Neu would say... absolutely nothing ^_^
If I owned "Weiss Kreuz" believe me, I'd have someone else writing this for me.
P.S. This takes place after Weiss' first encounter with Schreient in ep. 9 "Schreient" (SUPRISE! SUPRISE!). Neu returns to the hothouse contemplating the assassin wearing familiar-looking Ray Bans she fought.


* * * *


Always On My Mind

by Ishida Miyako



Perching myself on the ledge of this fountain I find the cymbidium orchids the focal point of my visit here. Funny, flowers never held any interest of mine... until his first blow. The heady scent of orchids and imported cigarettes. Dunne Hills, says I believe.
Masaka! How did I know that? I wonder if he likes agressive women, or does he chat up everything in a skirt. Shameless you are, neko. And you make me wonder. Shifting my powder blue blazer I am most relieved to be out of my body armour, although it upsets me that neko did some damage to the blast shield of my helmet. The deep verdant plexy-glass is my favourite part of the Schreient uniform. No, I have yet to be shot at- no one has dared. It makes me comfortable. I'm afraid of the light. I perpetually wear my visor when I'm dressed comfortably, so why am I in a hothouse, a place where glittering walls let the damned sunlight invade?
Because my heart says it's where I belong. I have dreams of an ocean view, rich espresso brewing, and you- yes YOU- filling my days with lazy laughter and nights chock-full of excitement and the thrill of the chase. All my energy leaves when I begin to think or try to speak. It's not my role here, and it suits me fine. Tonight I will take my place eternally by HIS side. My thanks to you Sensei, for my life. My strength preserved is all I desire... is it? My heart overflows, my soul wandering, and my head empty.... The silence will devour me.
The click of heels on gravel, then sharp creaking sound.... "Neu!" A stern authorative tone. I look up. It is Hell. "We are to begin soon. You should not expose yourself to the light so much, remember the last time? Ikou."
"Wakatta." The Mercedes disappears down the dirt road. I prefer to walk. Moisture on my face. And a silver droplet lands on my sleeve, the temporary stain grew. Rain? I hold my palm up. Nothing but a dry breeze. Lifting my fingers to my cheek brushing the edge of my nearly-opague visor, a great discovery. Tears. But I don't cry. Only on the inside... because you are always on my mind.


OWARI