Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of the Assassins ❯ Distant Relations ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yuki looked around the café and down to her plate before looking at the person in front of her. She knows that the conversation will start after she finished her meal and looking down to her plate once more, she saw that it's nearly empty. Not wanting to prolong the silence, she gently pushed the plate and sighed.

"So, what is it Ran-kun?" she asked avoiding the redhead's eyes.

"How's your wound?" the redhead said nonchalantly.

"Nearly healed. 'Twas just a shallow one." She tried to smile but it faded away quickly.

"Why are you here and why are you doing it?" Yuki's blood froze.

"I have my own reasons Ran-kun, as you have your own."

She mustered enough courage to look into Ran's eyes but turned her eyes quickly knowing that the violet eyes will see the truth in her.

"Still stubborn." He muttered.

"Ran-kun, why don't you go visit Aya-chan sometimes. She hasn't seen you ever since she woke up. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you." Yuki waited for an answer that she knew wouldn't come and instead continued speaking.

"Know what? I've been friends with her for quite some time now but the funny thing is, she doesn't recognize me."

"It's been years since you two last saw each other. Besides, I don't expect her to remember your existence." Yuki glared at him.

"Yeah right. But you recognized me that night." She raised an eyebrow at him

"Of course. Who could forget a person who fell flat on her face when she came to kendo class still half-asleep? You were swinging your bokuto in every direction and then you tripped and fell but the good part is, when I looked at you on the floor, you were sleeping." Ran narrated anticipating her reaction.

"You jerk! You still remember that?!?!? I was about five then, how could you remember such thing?!?!"

Ran, seeing her reaction to what he said and at the same time seeing a flashback of that incident, laughed. While Yuki, seeing him change from the cold Ran to the real Ran Fujimiya, just smiled.

"Hey, I need to go. Our lunch break is almost over. By the way, I'll meet with Aya-chan later and we'll be going home together. Don't worry, I'll take a good care of her." She smiled clutching her bag.

******************************************************************* *****

Two girls sat beside each other in a private plane as a raven-haired woman is busy reading a novel a few seats behind them.

"Where will we go first? I want to give those angels a very good greeting" a girl said to her companion.

"Don't be in a hurry Tod, we'll get to that soon. But we must meet with Schwartz first. Hey Morgaine, Are you sure they will meet us at the exact place?" Folter asked shifting in her seat so that she can see Morgaine.

"I've talked with Crawford and explained everything to him. They'll be meeting us as soon as we land. Tod, go see Hecate and help her in the cockpit." Morgaine directed as the girl got up and walked away from the two.

"You don't look excited about this." Folter said noticing the blank stare of the woman in front of her.

"I'm looking forward to it Folter. But I'm thinking about Weiss. Waga's files told us only a small bit of information about them.. But the fact that the Angels are going there must mean something." she stopped and lit a cigarette.

"What?"

"Do you know the primary objective of a Rebelling Angel?" the girl looked at her in surprise.

"What?"

Just as Morgaine was about to answer, Todesursache came with a snicker and looked at the two of them.

"Hecate says we'll be landing in a few minutes ."

********************************************************************* ***

"How's school?" Ryoko asked.

"Fine, few assignments, some tests. The normal stuff." The auburn-haired girl shrugged.

"How bout you Aya-chan? You ahven't been to a school for quite some time. How's life now?" Yuki asked earning a questioning look from the girl.

"Nani?" Yuki swallowed hard.

"I mean, I heard the news that you were in coma for two years or so."

"Oh that. Well, I've adjusted now so there's no problem really." She smiled.

"So, wanna go for some ice cream? I know a good place where we can get some." Ryoko exclaimed taking the lead.

The four continued walking until they came to a street lined with houses and a construction site. The three felt a presence among them and started glancing around. Yuki, Ryoko and Jelmerie exchanged glances and started to hold their weapons in case anything goes wrong. The three were surprised when a leaflet flew in front of them and landed on the cement road.

"Hey, what's this?" Ryoko said picking up the leaflet.

"Wait, there's something written on it 'Angels flying from the sky, be careful where you tread lest you'll die.'" Yuki read and immediately pulled something from her pocket.

"What's that all about?" Aya-chan asked, puzzled.

"The Erinyes! They're here already!" Ryoko breathed.

"What?" Aya-chan asked again.

"Jel, you know what to do, guard Aya-chan." Yuki whispered

The three stopped and stood on guard with Aya-chan still in the dark about everything. Then, two girls coming out from the construction area passed by them and began to run. With a start, Ryoko and Yuki started to run after them holding something in their hands.

"Jel, take Aya-chan home and watch out for Hecate!!!" Yuki shouted as they disappeared.

The chase continued with Ryoko and Yuki close on the heels of the two other girls until they entered a dark alley.

"I'm going to kill them once I catch them." Ryoko thought as the chase continued.

They continued until they came to an empty street and proceeded to an alley. Ryoko and Yuki grinned upon seeing a high wall marking a dead end in front of them and readied their weapons. Their prey, however are hiding some tricks. The mounted the waste bins and jumped back and ran faster from where they came laughing as they go. Infuriated, the two followed them closely until the opening of the alley where Ryoko suddenly made a stop.

"Yuki watch out!" She shouted closing her eyes.

Yuki heard this too late and saw the persons walking in front of her a bit too late. She bumped the one nearest her and they fell on the cement road. A marker flew from her hand and landed a few feet from her. Ryoko came running towards them as Yuki regained her senses. She rubbed her head, which made contact with the other's and heard Ryoko's words.

"Ne, Yuki, you alright?"

She couldn't help but discern the note of laughter in Ryoko's voice and it made her more irritated. Her irritation was replaced by nervousness when she heard the voice of the next speaker.

"What's happening here?" Yuki's blood froze as she noticed Ran's firm voice and got up as fast as possible.

"Well, what have you seen?" Yoji sneered, Ran and Ken glared at him.

"Yoji-kun!" Omi protested.

"We were chasing a thief who stole Jel's wallet and ended up here. The thieves were fast and we thought we could corner them when we came to a dead end but they turned the tables and ran back. They went straight here and I was about to run after them when Ryoko shouted a warning that I heard too late and ended up falling over Ken-kun. Ne, Ken-kun, really, really, really sorry for that one I didn't expect anyone would pass by. Sorry" Yuki said hurriedly.

"That's okay Yuki. At least you had your revenge when I hit you with my motorcycle." He smiled.

Ran walked to the marker and examined it. He pulled the cap and saw a blade sticking out. He put the cap back and walked towards Yuki.

"Hey, I think this is yours." He said handing it to her.

"You have to explain everything later." He whispered.

"So, I really think we need to go and tell Jel we lost the thieves." Ryoko said nudging Yuki.

"Yeah. Bye and for the last time, sorry Ken!" she called as they ran.

******************************************************************* *****

Yuki reached the park and looked around until she saw Ran sitting on a bench. The redhead saw her, got up and walked beside her.

"Sorry I'm late. I have to make up some excuse to get away from Ryo." She panted.

"So, what really happened? Who were you really going after?" the redhead asked.

"Sorry, but I can't tell you. Not yet at least." She said lowly.

"That's okay. But are you feeling fine?" Ran stopped and looked at her.

"Yeah. Just a shock from the fall and what happened next." Yuki sighed

"It was a good thing you didn't fell on your own. A cement road really hurts." Ran smiled at her.

"I only fell because Ken and the others were on my way." She spat earning a smile from the redhead.

"Know what? Seeing you earlier reminded me of that kendo class I was talking about. I was poking you to wake you up but it had no effect. That is until you heard grandfather's voice. Your eyes shot open and you immediately got up. You really surprised me back then. I was just holding back my laughter earlier especially when I saw you and when you got up in an instant." He laughed

"You were holding your laughter with that kind of voice? You sounded like you're going to kill! Not to mention the fact that you were glaring… Can we just forget it?" she waved her hand exasperatedly.

"Okay, if that's what you like. How about food?"

***************************************************************** *******

"Can you believe that? Aya just left us and went on his way like that! I wonder what happened to that guy. He just said he's going back to the trailer." Yoji asked as they walked.

"Hey, isn't that Aya?" Ken interrupted.

"Aya who?" The two followed Ken's line of sight and caught a glimpse of Ran in the middle of a crowd.

"What's he doing here? And who's left with the trailer? Don't tell me he's out with a girl." Yoji exclaimed.

"Come on, we don't have the right to meddle with his life." Omi said walking away from them.

The boy continued walking but Ken and Yoji watched the redhead until he came into full view. Yoji snickered seeing the girl walking beside him and nudged Ken.

"Come on, let's just leave those two shall we?" he said with mischievous eyes.

"I don't get it. They just met a while ago right?" Ken asked as he saw Ran and Yuki walking together.

"How can we be sure about that? I saw how he glared when he saw the two of you earlier." Yoji snickered.

"He wasn't glaring all the time Yoji-kun. I saw him and he looked like he was about to laugh. He only glared when Yuki was explaining. So, can we head for the trailer now?" Omi said and the two heeded.

**************************************************************** ********

Jelmerie slammed the receiver down and sat on the sofa. She's been dialing Sora's number for the tenth time but she wouldn't answer. She looked at the door and saw Yuki enter with an envelope in her hands.

"I've been trying to contact Sora-san but she won't answer her phone. It's been a while since she last called. And that's not for a mission. I wonder what's going on with her. We must tell her the Erinyes are here!"

"Relax Jel. We have mail from Kritiker." Yuki said waving the envelope.

Yuki walked inside with a smile and sat beside Jelmerie. Ryoko prepared the cd player and fed the cd. Jelmerie switched off the light and a second later, Sora's face appeared on the tv screen.

"Hi there! Long time no see. Well, I just want to inform you that upon viewing this, I may be on my way to Japan or I already arrived. Nevertheless, I will give you your first instructions so that everything will be ready when I arrive. Habuiah, you will be in charge of Bombay and Aya Fujimiya.," With this, a picture of Omi and Aya-chan appeared on the screen. Jelmerie nodded and smiled.

"Sachiel, will be in charge of Abyssinian and Siberian." Yuki nodded as she saw Ran and Ken's pictures on screen. Ryoko swallowed hard and waited for her turn.

" Rochel, you are to guard Balinese." Ryoko gaped at the picture for a while until Sora spoke again.

"Do your best to guard your keep girls. I'm looking forward to seeing you again." With this, the screen went blank ans Yuki opened the lights.

"I can't believe this?!?! How can she assign me to protect Kudou Yoji of all???? I won't have this. I can't accept it!!!" she shrieked.

"Too bad Ryo, I'm afraid no one would want to trade with you. I think Yuki and I are satisfied with the persons we are to watch and besides, you're lucky to look after a single person only. So stop whining and let's get to bed." Jelmerie smirked

**************************************************************** ********

Ran, Omi, Ken, and Yoji walked around the enclosure and looked around. There are weapons lined along the wall and armors situated beside a pillar. The only thing that is out of place is the pile of dead bodies scattered across the floor. As the four were about to leave, a rain of spears greeted them and the lights went out.

"So, you are famous Knight Hunters." A voice from inside the room said."

"I never thought you guys are be dead gorgeous up close." Another teased.

"And well, looks like I'll have another playmate." Omi heard as he felt something went past him.

"Nice to meet you hunters. We're very sorry we have to leave like this. But we'll be looking forward to fighting with you guys."

The lights switched on again and they found the room just as it were before the spears were thrown to them.

"Are they the ones who keep on following us?" Ken asked looking around him.

"No." came Ran's voice.

"But how can you say it?"

"It's simple Kenken. The ones following us around are about Omi's age. The girls in here earlier are older. Only one two of them is under eighteen." Yoji explained running his hand through his hair.

****************************************************************** ******

"At last, we're back. I can't wait for tomorrow to come" Sora laughed as she looked at the waxing moon.

"Yeah. Tomorrow's a big day. I'm looking forward to officially working with you again. So, who'll be introducing who?" Manx smiled.

"Well, since we're the newcomers here, it's better if we go first."

"Okay then. Just drop by the trailer tomorrow. We'll be waiting." Manx said before going out the door.

****************************************************************** ******

Manx sat on the sofa with Yoji watching her while the other three are putting the flowers behind the trailer. When the three arrived, Manx looked at them one by one and closed her eyes.

"So, what's it all about? Why are you so silent?" Yoji asked lighting a cigarette.

"Is it true that four girls followed you last night?"

"Yeah. But they were not the ones we're telling you about." Omi replied.

"I see. Now listen to me. Those four girls may be your next enemies. We've got reports that they will are having negotiations with Schwartz…"

"So that means we have to deal with two groups instead of only one?!"

"Yeah. But you're not going to deal with them on your own." She said opening her eyes.

"Eh? How's that?" Omi asked as they heard a car stop.

Manx walked to the door and opened it. The four followed her with their eyes as she went out. When she returned, she didn't enter the trailer but just leaned on the door.

"You will be working with another group. Remember the girls who are following you? That's them. But I'm not the one to tell you about them so you're going to meet their handler…"

Manx stepped aside and Sora walked in. She greeted them with a smile which Yoji gladly returned and Manx led her to the sofa. When everyone is ready, Sora started to explain. After a few minutes, she stopped and looked at the four.

"So, what'll it be?" Manx asked.

"Well. We could use some extra help in dealing with them. It's fine with me." Ken shrugged while Yoji and Omi nodded.

"How bout you?" Manx directed her question to Ran.

"No problem."

"Well then, I believe it's time for you guys to meet finally meet them." Manx said standing up and followed Sora to the door.

****************************************************************** ******

A/N: Another chappy done not hanks to our final exams! Good thing it's now our semestral break!!! ^_~