Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of the Assassins ❯ A Glimpse from Ryoko's past ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Four days have passed since that night and the wound on Yuki's shoulder starting to heal. Ryoko and Jelmerie managed to pull out from the mission unharmed and decided to call off any plan of tailing the kittens for their safety. When the three went down for breakfast that morning, Ryoko sat down the chair after grabbing a bowl of cereal and started poring over a worn-out book.

"Ryo, you told me you'll be going to class early today, what happened?" Jelmerie grinned.

"So, you have an algeb test today? Good luck girl. I told you you should've reviewed last night instead of being glued in front of that PS2 of yours." Yuki chided.

"Whatever. I'll be going now." She called indifferently.

"Hey Jel, noticed that book she brought with her?." Yuki snickered.

"Yeah. It's the one with Kira-kun's pix right?" the two girls grinned.

"Well, it's high time she remembers him…"

********************************************************* ***************

Ryoko hastily put the old algebra book inside her bag, donned her rollerblades and skated to her school. She has an algebra test and not even half of their teacher's lesson penetrated her skull. Without catching her breath, she put on her shoes and rushed to her classroom.

"Crap! And I thought I'd be early today!" she sighed seeing that almost everyone in her class is already seated.

"Hey Ryo good news, our algebra teacher is absent! They'll be sending us a substitute instead!" her friend announced as soon as she sat down.

"What!?!? To think that I slept late last night just to review her damn subject, even went as far as digging for this old algebra book only to find out that we will have a substitute for today!?!?! Ugh!" she shrieked pushing off her books from the table.

"Calm down, at least trhe test is postponed… Hey what're these pictures?" her friend asked looking at a picture that fell from Ryoko's algebra book.

"Is this you? And who's that guy beside you?" Ryoko bent down to look at it.

The picture shows her, a seven year old girl with her hair in pigtails smiling beside a boy, both smiling at the camera. Her friend gave her the picture and looked at the second one. This time, they are with their parents in what looks like a shot taken in mid winter for the whole family is wearing thick coats and gathered around a huge snowman. Last, there is the solo picture of the guy who was with Ryoko on the first picture. His long brown hair unkempt, his high school uniform disheveled and is sporting a grin that goes with his good looks.

"Hey, is he your brother or something?" her friend asked again.

"Class, take your seats and we'll begin…" the substitute said and the class settled.

****************************************************** *****************

"Ryo-chan, wanna go malling with us?" her friend asked after class.

"No thanks. I have some things to do at home. Maybe next time I can join you." She sadi after hesitating for a moment.

She skated away from school and grabbed a post beside a bench to support her as she stopped and sat down. Pulling the photographs from her algebra book, she looked at it one more time before gazing into space. Then, keeping the pictures back in the book, she carefully stood up, balanced herself, and zoomed away.

"I wonder if I still know which way it is…" she thought as she turned left.

She went on until she stopped in front of a house and gazed at it for a while. Her eyes seemed glazed and she looked at everything her she sees. Nothing seemed to change for her. The house may seem worn-out and old but the same paint is till there. She tried the gates but they won't budge.

"Nevermind. I'm dead sure that it's just like how we left it." she thought preparing to leave.

"Yoji-san, can you please get Ayumi in here? I can't leave the kitchen right now." She heard a voice call from inside a house.

"Ayumi! You can get people hurt with that."

Turning around, he saw Yoji walking outside a house in his apron talking to a young girl who is holding a long branch of tree and swaying it frantically. She walked a bit closer and hid herself behind a vending machine and continued to watch the two.

"No I won't. I'm going to strike whoever goes here. Just watch me Yoji-san." She saw Yoji flinch.

"I better get Aya here and introduce him to this girl." Yoji muttered.

"Hey, don't go running like that! You can get yourself and other people in trouble! Ayumi come back here!" Yoji called running after the little girl

"Lemme go!" the girl shouted trying to free her hand.

"Where the hell is Ken and Omi when you need them?!?" Ryoko giggled seeing Yoji' face.

"Lemme go!" the girl said again.

Yoji released his hold on the girl's hand and she in turn stuck out her tongue at him. Ryoko, now trying to suppress the laughter rising in her watched intently on Yoji's next move. She saw him casually sticking out his foot to the girl's way and the girl tripped. Her forehead hit the branch she was holding and the girl cried out loudly. Ryoko was about to come out of her hiding place and confront Yoji about tripping the girl when Yoji helped her up, threw the branch away and brushed her clothes.

"Hey, your mom's whipping out a delicious meal inside. Why don't we go there and check it out? And I've brought the flowers for your room. You might as well look how pretty they are." the girl nodded

Ryoko looked at the two and she found herself wondering if it's the real Kudou Yoji she's seeing. At this point, she again looked at the old house and her mind drifted away….

****************************************************** ******************

~ Flashback ~

"Ryo, stop playing In the mud puddle will ya?!" A brunette called.

"I don't wanna." She retorted.

"Kira! Get your sister in here!" their mother called.

"Come on Ryo, let's get you inside."

Ryoko thrashed when Kira went near her and mud splattered all around. She saw her brother smeared with mud all over him and she laughed. Kira, seeing how dirty he is at that moment, glared at her.

"Hey, I still wanna play!!!" she shouted as Kira led her away from the puddle.

"No. Just look at you, you're all dirty!"

"I don't wanna go inside!!!"

Kira, muttered under his breath and pulled her away from the mud. Once he knew that she's about to cry and hit him, he moved a step away and pushed her into the mud. There was a loud splash as Ryoko fell into the puddle. Kira then carried her off the puddle and laid her on the grass. She looked at him and started a major tantrum. Kira's attempts of soothing her were all in vain, and so the boy sat in front of her thinking about what to do to stop her as the dripping mud from her flew to all directions. Suddenly, his eyes lit up and he fumbled inside his pocket.

"Look Ryo, I have a lollipop. Here, you can have it." he beamed offering it to her.

Ryoko stopped crying and looked at her brother and then to the sweet in his hand. She took it away from him, unwrapped it and stuffed it inside her mouth. Kira then let out a sigh and helped her up, leading her to the house.

"You'll let mother wash that dirt of you okay? And after cleaning up, I promise to treat you another lollipop. Is that fair?" he smiled at seeing his sister nod.

~ End of Flashback ~

****************************************************** ******************

Ryoko felt a slight nudge from behind her and it pulled her out of her dreamworld.

"Hey, you're Ryoko right? Omi's schoolmate?"

"Onii-cha.. I mean, Yoji-kun?" she asked puzzled.

****************************************************** ******************

Manx and Sora walked outside a mansion and boarded a car. As Sora started it, Manx looked back at the mansion and heaved a sigh.

"So, it looks like our flight to Japanwill be delayed." She said.

"Yeah. But I'm dead sure the Erinyes already know where to go. I just hope that they're still here."

"I just hope the agents will report soon. I don't like the idea of Schwartz teaming up with those Erinyes." Sora added making a turn.

"Same here. But that idea doesn't seem farfetched. By the way, I can't help but wonder how they are all doing now?" Sora laughed at Manx's statement.

"Good question. But I won't be surprised if they already know each other."

****************************************************** ******************

"So, you nearly went out of your hiding place when I tripped Ayumi? Well, you must understand that I only did that to make her realize what can happen to her." The blonde explained while arranging the pots inside the trailer.

"I know. That's what my brother used to do to me." Yoji looked at her.

"Really?" he smiled, amused by what she said.

"What? I didn't say anything!"

"I heard you Ryoko." He grinned.

"So, you have a brother?"

"Yeah. He died four years ago."

"Sorry about that."

"That's nothing…."

Ryoko was about to say more when Omi came and greeted them. Knowing that the other kittens will follow soon, she excused herself and got prepared her skates.

"Hey, just drop by here anytime with Yuki-chan and your other friend!" Omi smiled.

"You heard him!" Yoji added.

She skated to their house with her mind flooding with things. It's just now that she realized how much Yoji is like her deceased brother and that he reminds her of him everytime. She shook everything away as she approached their gate.

****************************************************** ******************

"Ano, Aya-kun.." Omi started looking uneasy. The redhead looked at him.

"I-I saw Aya-chan four days ago when we delivered some flowers and plants to a school. There was a fair and I saw her there." Ran laid down the pot and looked at him intently.

"Is she alone?" Omi shook his head.

"She was with Yuki-chan and another friend. Yuki is from that school and she invited them there."

"Yuki?"

"She comes here to buy flowers but I don't think the two of you have met. She just moved here with two friends." Ken said appearing from behind him.

Say, Omi, you and Yoji will be going back to the school for some deliveries tomorrow." Ken added as he walked away.

"I'll be going with Omi tomorrow. Yoji'll stay here." Ran said automatically making Omi and Yoji look at him in surprise.

****************************************************** ******************

Three girls sat beside each other watching a television show when another one came in with a snicker

"Clome on girls, we're going to hunt some Angels." She said.

"But what about Schwartz?" the woman laughed.

"I've already told Crawford everything. They're going to cooperate with us. Don't worry about it."

"So, when will we go?" Another asked.

"As soon as you guys finish packing your things…."

****************************************************** ******************

A/N: Thanks a lot to Miko no Tears and Aya!!!! By the way, darkstar… hope you liked this chappie!!!! 'Till next time!!!! ^_^