Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of the Assassins ❯ Faces from the past ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yuki rode in her motorcycle along the nearly empty streets of Tokyo that night. Sora had suspended their missions indefinitely and she feels responsible for everything. If she hadn't urged the others to follow the four, they are now listening to Sora's instructions for the mission. She parked her bike in front of a closed noodle shop and stood beside it for a while. Pulling the earphones from her pocket, she placed them in her ear and reached in her pocket to start her discman. As soon as the first track started playing, she walked down the dimly lit street.

"I wonder if the kitties have a mission tonight…" she thought as she passed by a lamppost.

She's been walking for about thirty minutes when she decided to look around her.

"Their trailer is not far from here. I think it won't hurt if I take a look on them."

As if on cue, she felt her mobile phone vibrating in her other pocket and she fished it out. Looking at the LCD, she noticed their landline number and suspected that it was Jelmerie. Pulling one earphone from her ear and draping it on her shoulder, she answered the call and the voice on the other line confirmed her hunch.

"Ne Yuki, where are you?" Jelmerie asked from the other line.

"Still in Tokyo." She grinned.

"Not funny. What are you doing now?" the other asked suspiciously.

"I parked my bike somewhere so obviously, I'm walking."

"Where the hell are you going?" Yuki held back a laugh.

"Don't worry Jel. I'm not going to the kitties. At least now that you've called."

"And if I didn't call, you would be going there!?!?! Are you nuts Yuki?!?! Have you forgotten what Sora-san told us!!!"

"Relax Jel, I'm not going there anymore. I'll just sniff some night air and then go back as soon as I'm sleepy." She heard the other girl heaved a sigh.

"Okay. Just be careful. And by the way, did you bring your keys or are we unfortunate enough to wait until you arrive just to open the gate for you?" Yuki groped her pocket until her fingers found the keys.

"Don't worry, I have them here. The two of you better get some sleep. It's way past your bedtime kids." she chuckled.

"Ah shaddup! Remember that you're just a year older than me Yuki!" Yuki laughed as she continued to walk slowly.

"Alright, alright. I'll be home as soon as I can. Bye." She said before hanging up.

She put her phone back in her pocket and placed the earphones to her ear as she turned around a corner. A loud screech was heard and she fell flat on the cement road.

****************************************************************** ******

An elderly man in a business suit walked casually to the elevator followed by two bodyguards. They boarded the elevator until it reached the building's ground floor where the three alighted. The bodyguards looked around as they passed the building's gate. Then, a woman came running from the building holding a folder in her hands.

"Waga-san! The director is asking for your signature on this proposal!" The blonde woman shouted as she ran towards the man.

"Wait for me in the car." Waga said to his two bodyguards who nodded and left.

"This is an important proposal," He commented as he read the lines.

"I'm glad you were able to catch me up just as I was going. The company needs more employees like you." He smiled as he put his signature on the paper.

The woman watched him as he walked to his car. One of his bodyguards went out of the car to meet him. Their eyes met and the woman smirked. As the car drove away, she took out her phone and punched the keypads. A few seconds later, her call was answered.

"We got him. Folter and Todesursache are going to take care of everything." A laugh was heard from the other line.

"Good, I'll be waiting for the three of you and we will have a little party before we go see the angels again." The blonde smirked at hearing this.

"I can't wait to see them… Dead."

***************************************************************** *******

"Sorry for hitting you. I wasn't expecting someone would show up. Are you okay?" Ken asked Yuki as they drove off

"I'm fine. Thanks."

"So, why're you out alone at this time of the night? It's quite dangerous you know."

"I got bored and decided to take a walk." She replied.

"A walk? You better be careful. The streets are not as safe as they look like" he said.

"I know that. Don't you have a mission tonight?" she thought aloud.

"What did you say?" Yuki swallowed hard

"I said, why are you also out here tonight?" Ken shrugged and continued driving.

"By the way, how many florists are you working with?" ken blinked.

"Three. You've met Yoji and Omi so that leaves Aya." Yuki's heartbeat quickened.

"Aya? A girl? What's she like?" Ken laughed

"No. He's a guy. And he's quiet, serious, and you can even say cold…" Yuki listened to the description intently.

"Does he have any relatives?"

"Uhm…"

"That's okay. It's none of my business anyway. But he sure sounds like a very interesting person. Is ure hope to meet him…" She said knowing that he's hesitant to divulge any information to her.

"Ne, Ken-kun, just drop me here there's my transpo." She pointed to her motorcycle.

"That's yours? Wait a minute Yuki-chan, how old are you?" he asked as they stopped

"Seventeen. But I have a special driver's license. Don't worry" She grinned as she dismounted.

"Don't you have a helmet? It's a must you know."

"I have one at home but I don't usually use it at night. And thanks for everything! Say hello to your friends for me okay specially to Aya-kun. Ja!" she waved with a knowing smile.

***************************************************************** *******

"We have a problem." Came Manx's greeting as Sora opened the door.

"What?" she asked as she led the woman in.

"A top businessman was found dead inside his own car a while ago and his two bodyguards are found dead inside the car's trunk. Nothing was apparently taken from the said man save from his cigarette case." Manx narrated.

"Who's that man, and what's his connection to us?"

"He's Waga Ken'ichi, one of the officials of Kritiker." Sora's face went pale.

"Waga-san? This is bad. And did you say that a cigarette case was taken from him?" Manx nodded.

"We must fly to Japan as soon as possible. I'm sure the Erinyes are behind this." Sora rushed to the phone and punched the keys.

"Who?"

******************************************************** ****************

"Are you sure outsiders are allowed here?" Jelmerie asked as they walked inside the campus.

"Why do you think the guards allowed the two of you to enter? Today is the school's foundation day and everyone's invited. And Aya-chan, do enjoy everything." She smiled

"Hai. Thanks a lot for inviting me here Yuki-chan."

"That's nothing. You're Jel's friend and I thought the two of you are going to like the school fair. So, shall we go on?" the two nodded.

The three walked to the school's premises and went into almost every booth and exhibit that lined up the ground floor o0f the main building. Yuki introduced Aya and Jelmerie to Venn and Kanoe who are both busy aiming at the tin cans with the toy rifle in their hands. The three then proceeded to the lobby where more booths are put up and the two started to try their luck with each one. Yuki stood beside a pillar and watched Jelmerie and Aya look for a game to try. Just then, Omi passed by in front of her holding a small pot. Yuki blinked several times before calling after the boy.

"Omi-kun!" the boy turned around and smiled upon seeing her.

"Hi there!"

"What're you doing here holding that pot?"

"Well, we're delivering the flowers for the landscaping of the school's garden."

Just then, Jelmerie and Aya walked behind him and smiled. Omi turned around and gaped at Aya-chan. Yuki introduced them to each other looking intently on the look registered on Omi's face.

"Hey, we're going to try the dart booth. There is a huge stuffed toy for whoever can pop three balloons consecutively." Jelmerie grinned showing three darts.

"I think that's a bit unfair, I remember that Jel has a killer aim when it comes to popping balloons. How 'bout you Aya?" Omi flinched unnoticed.

"I guess I know nothing of it." Yuki looked at Omi.

"Come on Omi-kun, join us." Yuki smiled dragging the boy with them.

Yuki, Omi and Aya watched as Jelmerie threw each dart accurately and earned herself a huge stuffed toy. Aya however missed all three shots and they are all about to walk away when Yuki saw Omi still in front of the booth.

"Omi-kun, aren't you coming?" she asked seeing him put down the pot.

"Wait, a sec…" he said rummaging in his pocket.

"Ne, there they are!" Jelmerie shouted seeing the two come out from the crowd.

Yuki walked beside Omi holding a stuffed toy just like Jelmerie and gave it to Aya. The girl stared confused at the toy while Omi hastily excused himself and ran away from the three.

"Here. Omi-kun's lucky enough to win this. He said it's for you, a small gift." Yuki grinned.

*************************************************************** *********

Ryoko, Jelmerie and Yuki sat around a table inside the house's library poring over several reading materials. Ryoko looked at the wall clock for the tenth time that minute and slammed her book.

"I'm damn bored! And my eyes hurt! Can't we go out and have some fun?" she whined.

"It's your fault your eyes are aching! You just sat in front of the tv playing your PS2 all day! And if you're talking about what I have in mind, we better not do it. You know what Sora-san told us right?"

"Yuki, what can you say about this argument?"

"I'll go with Ryo. I want to have some fun too." Jelmerie stood up and glared at them.

"But Sora told us---"

"That we're not going to have any missions right? But we're not going out for a mission tonight but to have some fun."

"I don't really think that's the right thing to do."

"Come on, let's go get dressed."

************************************************************** **********

The three crouched in the shadows while watching the four. Not one of them attempted to go closer lest they'd be discovered. After some time, the four broke apart and so did the three. Ran went into the house first and Omi went straight to the atelier while Yoji and Ken ran to the target's house. Ryoko followed Yoji and Ken, Jelmerie followed Omi and Yuki tailed Ran.

"What is this house empty?" Ken asked seeing dead bodies all around the house.

"I don't like the looks of it. We better be careful"

"I'm going up." Ran said nonchalantly making his way up the stairs.

**************************************************************** ********

"This will be an easy job." Omi said aloud as he watched the weapons surrounding around the dark room.

"That's what you think." A voice somewhere said as Omi felt himself flying across the room.

****************************************************************** ******

"Well met hunters." Schuldig sneered as he and Farfello stepped from behind the two.

"What!? You guys are still alive?!" Yoji spat.

****************************************************************** ******

A fight started between Weiss and Schwartz but the three still watched from a safe distance. Schuldig, being a telepath, looked towards Ryoko's hideout and pointed his gun at it.

"You can't kill me yet. Little girl." He smirked as he fired his gun.

"I'm here you jerk!" Yoji said releasing his wires.

"That stupid German. I'm going to kill him! Why the hell is he targeting me?!?! Well then, he's going to pay for it." Ryoko thought as she watched found another hiding place.

Putting her own weapon away, she took out a dagger and aimed it carefully at Schuldig.

"Can you guys stop moving?!" she said to herself trying to focus on Schuldig.

The dager flew from her hand and hit Schuldig's shoulder. She threw another one and it lodged itself in Farfello's thigh

****************************************************************** ******

Omi struggled to get up but was again thrown to the wall by Nagi. Jelmerie pressed her ears to the walls and gripped her throwing daggers tight. Omi tried to grab his weapon but it flew out of his reach and so did any ammunition close to him.

"I'm not starting to like this." Jelmerie said to herself.

Omi is now forced against a wall with Nagi choking him to death and even though she couldn't see what's happening, she know so well that Omi is big trouble. She walked in front of the door and took some steps back. She broke into a run and at the right time kicked open the door and at the same time throwing her daggers at him.

******************************************************************* *****

Ran looked around the room and saw a man dead on the floor. He approached him to confirm if he's really dead. A shadow crept behind him and raised a gun. Yuki, seeing this, went out of her hiding place and rushed to the man. A gunshot was heard and Ran turned around just in time to see the man behind him, their target pointing a gun at him but his hands are shaking. The man looked terrified at seeing the assassin and ran away. Ran's eyes grew wide at seeing Crawford with his gun outstretched and still smoking. A girl is swaying in front of him clutching a sword to support her, her arm bleeding. Crawford grinned and disappeared. Ran stared at the girl for some time

"You…" he whispered.

Yuki, knowing that he had seen her dashed away leaving Ran glued at his spot.

"It can't be…. Yuki…."
******************************************************** ****************

"Why the hell did you startle me like that?!" the man spat at Crawford as their chopper flew.

"Did you see them?" Crawford addressed to his companions ignoring the man's complains.

"A bit yeah…." Schuldig snickered.

"What the hell are you talking about!?!?!"

"Eiryo-san. It's because of you that we saw the newest hindrance to our plans but I'm afraid that you're of no use to us now." Crawford said.

"What?!? What are you talking about???"

Without aby warning, Farfello pushed Eiryo off the helicopter while Crawford shot him as he fell. Crawford's phone rang and for a few minutes, he stayed with it before hanging up.

"What's that all about?" The German asked after Crawford put his phone away.

"We're going to have company for a while…" came the reply.

"They're going o help us get rid of the the Rebelling Angels… How do you like that Farfello?" Farfello took out his dagger and grinned at it.