Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of the Assassins ❯ Stirring up a Storm ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sora walked to the chair and sat there for a second. She came to help in the flower shop since Omi caught a high fever for what happened to their mission the night before and is now resting. She didn't expect the shop to be packed of girls and thought Ryoko, Jelmerie and Yuki were just exaggerating when they told her how girls crowd the shop. Now, after what seemed a very long day, she was able to sit and relax.

 

"It's been four years…" Morgaine snickered holding her dagger

"We thought you were dead. Honestly, I wish you were." Sora replied.

"Still couldn't forgive me for what I did. Did it hurt so much Sora?"

"Shut up." With this, she ran towards her only to move sideways by the last minute.

"I see you're still the same goody-goody Sora I know." She said circling around her.

"Well, how's Vivianne and Ninianne, or should I say Birman and Manx? Say hi to them for me will you? I miss them so much." Sora glared at her.

"And by the way, I'm really sorry about what happened to Camellia. We had different plans for her but she wasted it all." Sora held her dagger tight.

"You were the one who wasted it all, including your life!"

 

Sora woke up suddenly in her dream of what took place last night. She looked up and saw a steaming mug in front of her.

 

"Drink it and stop thinking about last night."

 

She saw Ran sitting in front of her drinking from another mug. She smiled weakly, drained hers and thanked the redhead. Ran took their mugs to the kitchen and came back to his seat.

 

"Thanks." Was all she said.

"You two are different yet the same and by this time, neither one of you knows the other. You have no other choice but to do what's right. You know what she wants better than anyone else. Only you can solve it."

"It's so complicated." Sora complained.

"It's you who's making it complicated."

"Tell me then, given an incident wherein a serious wrong has been done, would you kill Aya-chan?" Ran's eyes widened.

*************************************************************** ********

Hecate opened the door and saw her companions scattered around the room. When she's inside, she saw Nagi and Schuldig in there too.

 

"Hey, where's Morgaine?" she asked.

"Bandaging up her wounds. She took home a bad wound last night." Folter said.

"Heard Nelchael made it." Todesursache chimed in.

"Nelchael? I thought she's not a fielder anymore." Hecate said as she sat down beside Tod.

"They had some problems. It seemed little Sleeping Beauty made a night stroll and ended up there." It was Schuldig who answered.

"You mean that girl we're after? why didn't you take her?" Tod whined.

"Ask Nagi here. He was just a few feet away from her and could've taken her to us." he smirked.

"Yeah Nagi, why didn't you d it?"

"…"

"Well, it seems she got him instead of the other way around." the three girls looked puzzled.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Too bad you still have competition. And the other one has greater chances of winning being her knight in shining armor. Too bad, just too bad" with this, Nagi left the room without a word.

"Uhm Folt, do you know hat this psycho's talking about?" Todesursache asked when she saw Folter grinning.

"Yeah, I think I got it."

*************************************************************** *********

"How's he?" Aya-chan asked as she walked with Jelmerie and Ryoko home.

"Fine. He's not really in trouble, he just needs to rest. Uhm Aya-chan…" Ryoko stopped in her tracks.

"About last night, why did you follow us?"

"I guess I got curious of everything." She shrugged.

"And, what did you find out?"

"The truth I guess…"

"And what is that truth?" It was Jelmerie's turn to ask.

"Let's grab some food." Was Aya-chan's only answer.

*************************************************************** *********

After closing the shop, the others went to watch over Omi in his apartment. They stayed and talked about many things until he fell asleep. But none of the topics contained what happened the previous night.

 

"He's obviously avoiding last night." Yoji said looking at the redhead.

"It's wise to do that." Came Sora's answer.

"Have you spoken with her about everything? She must've known it all already." Yuki said.

"No, not yet."

 

The door opened and in came Jelmerie, Ryoko and Aya-chan. The others looked to their direction then to Ran who sat impassively on his chair. When the girls came in, there was silence and everyone watched as Aya-chan walked to where her brother sits. When they came to the bed, the redhead stood up.

 

"Yuki, let's go." Yuki looked at Aya-chan then to the redhead.

*************************************************************** *********

"You shouldn't have done that. You're only making things worse."

"Just mind the road." Came his answer.

"Come on, why don't you just tell her everything? That you became an assassin for her, I'm sure she'll understand it."

 

When no reply came from the redhead, Yuki tried again to talk him to sense, when it failed she heaved a sigh and shook her head. There's nothing she could do about Ran's close-mindedness about he subject and it irritated her a lot. The car came to a bend and Yuki, seeing this as an opportunity deliberately hit the sidewalk that made the other throw visual daggers at her.

 

"Come on, listen to me will ya?"

"Change places Yuki, lesson's over, I'm taking you home."

*************************************************************** *********

Yuki entered the house and proceeded to the stairs when she heard some noise inside the kitchen. There she saw Aya-chan busy preparing a meal and it dawned to her that Sora's still out. She went in to fix herself a juice when the other girl noticed her.

 

"Hi. Didn't heard you come in, you startled me a bit." Came Aya's greeting.

"Sorry. Did Sora asked you to make dinner?" the girl nodded, still facing the range.

"Need help with anything?" Aya shook her head.

"Then I`ll be going to my room."

"Yuki-chan, wait!" Yuki halted and turned around.

"I---I just want to ask some questions.

 

Knowing what's going to happen next, Yuki breathed deeply and sat on the nearest chair. She watched as Aya-chan chop, mix and stir, until the food finished cooking.

 

"It's about onii-chan." She started.

"Is he really…"

"An assassin Aya-chan, we all are, your brother, Yoji, Ken, Omi, Ryoko, Jel, Sora and me. We're part of a group that eliminates the untouchable people of the society, those who break the law and runs away with it."

"B-but why?"

"Why do we do that?" the other nodded.

"For various reasons. Jel, Ryo and I are doing it because it's our duty while the four are doing it because of something else."

"Before they were taken in by Persia, they all have gone through a dark past. I won't tell you about the three's past. All you need to know is this, when Ran saw your parents dead and your house blown to pieces, he saw Takatori's car hit you and you fell almost lifeless on the ground. He then took up your name and vowed vengeance against Takatori. He became an assassin for you, to be able to pay the hospital bill until you wake up and to hunt down the one responsible for what happened to your parents and to you. Now, do you understand everything?"

"But I'm awake now, can't he stop killing?"

"An assassin will always be an assassin. There's still trouble and he wants to protect you. You'll understand what I mean in due time." Aya nodded.

"Yuki, why do you call my brother by his name when everyone else calls him Aya?" Yuki smiled.

"Because I know who is who between the of you. I grew up knowing you're Aya and he's Ran." Aya's face registered confusion.

"Arrr… you really forgot my existence didn't you?! I will always visit you and your brother during vacation and you will always watch our kendo practice and distract Ran at every chance you see." Slowly, Aya's face brightened up.

"I remember now! Our beloved cousin-slash-adopted sister!" she grinned.

"At last!" And they laughed.

"Hey, wanna go talk to him? You two need it."

*************************************************************** *********

"Hey," Folter said walking into the room.

"Where're the others?" Morgaine asked.

"Tod's doing homework, Hec's in training, and I'm loitering around. How `bout you?"

"Wound hurts but I'm still alive. Nelchael still knows how to fight."

"By the way, How come you know a lot of things about Nelchael and the Rebelling Angels?" Morgaine chuckled.

"It's way too long Folt, but if you really want to know..." just then the door opened.

"Gaine, Folt, want some fun for tonight? Hecate gave us a spot to play." Todesursache grinned, thrusting papers to the two.

"What's this all about?"

"Well, a hunt for Sleeping Beauty and some Angels."

*************************************************************** *********

"What is this, Phone Day?"

 

Sora muttered to herself when she saw both Ryoko and Jelmerie holding their phones. Ryoko's nearly shouting at the person she's talking with while she could hardly hear Jelmerie's voice from where the girl sits.

 

"Ryo, who're you having a go with?" she asked, prodding the girl.

"Calvin." She said, covering the recevier with a hand.

"He's asking me when Omi's going back to school. He wants to challenge him to a hacking contest. The school files mind you." she continued.

"Well, keep your voice down. A racket like that can raise the dead."

 

Before going back to her place, she glanced at Jelmerie and saw her gripping the edge of the throw pillow tightly in her hands, still taking in a hushed voice. She shrugged and went to her favorite seat and immersed herself with a book. Then, an unexpected thing happened, Jelmerie suddenly jumped out of her seat and let the throw pillow fall to the floor.

 

"No! Don't you understand? I don't like it, there must be another way!" Ryoko and Sora quickly turned their heads to her direction.

"For the last time, no. And if you push through with it and something bad happens to him, I wouldn't be able to forgive all of you!"

 

Jelmerie ended the call and stormed out of the room, tears visible in her eyes. Ryoko looked questioningly at Sora who just motioned her to go back to her call while she stood up and walked to the door.

 

"What was that?" asked the voice on the other line.

"Just the TV worthless, stupid git!"

 

When the heated argument between Ryoko and Calvin ended, she banged the receiver back and grabbed the CD player beside her. Just as the first track reached two minutes, she felt something hard hit her feet.

 

"What the---"

 

Thinking it was a prank by either Sora or Jelmerie, she got up, pulled the earphones and looked at the thing that hit her. It was a medium sized stone and knowing there's no such stone in the house, she grinned as she saw shards of glass on the floor. Then she looked at the damaged window and decided walked closer.

 

"I wonder who in hell threw this. But whoever he is, he's in for a thrashing." She thought as she walked to the window.

 

But a few feet from the window, a blur of colors suddenly appeared on the other side and banged itself on the window causing a loud crash and a shower of silver to rain in front of her.

 

"Surprise!"

"What the---"

 

Folter straightened herself and brushed some broken pieces of glass from her. Ryoko took a step back and immediately ran to a cabinet and pulled some of Jelmerie's throwing darts. When she looked up again, she saw the three Erinyes and a woman all inside the room, coming nearer.

 

"Ryo, what's the crash all---" Sora said, banging open the door.

"Hello there." Morgaine greeted.

"Sora-san, what---"

 

Jelmerie immediately ran back to her room and retrieved some weapons while Sora ignoring the danger, entered the room where Morgaine advanced to meet her.

*************************************************************** *********

Yuki sauntered back to her motorcycle and hesitantly pulled out her phone only to shake her head and mount her vehicle. It's either the phone's busy or no one will answer it when she dial and so she fumbled inside her pockets for the keys and the minute she found it, zoomed towards home. On the a motorcycle passed her by and then turned around. It took her some time before she noticed it and halted.

 

"Your apartment's that way Ken." She grinned.

*************************************************************** *********

"What do you want?" she asked over gritted teeth.

"The Sleeping Princess."

"Sorry but she's not here."

 

Jelmerie re-entered the room simultaneous with the dagger that flew out of her hand to Ryoko. She threw another to Sora and went to face Folter and Hecate.

 

"You should've had taken my scythe." She hissed.

"Sorry but mine's the nearest room here so all I could get are daggers. Well, I have my light saber there, you just have to plug it in though." The other smirked.

"Say, you're not crying are you? Your eyes are all puffy and red." Folter jeered.

"Yeah. Cried with joy when I heard you crash in."

 

Ryoko glanced at Jelmerie and saw that it's indeed obvious that she's crying all the time and wondered why. Her mind was only put back into order when Tod's fist connected to her face.

 

"Why you…"

*************************************************************** *********

Two motorcycles darted through the nearly empty streets in a race. The competition's a close one and Yuki only made a lead when a few vehicles came in front of them. With a smooth maneuver, she was able to wiggle her way through the cars rushing past them. After a few minutes more, she halted with s smirk.

 

"I won."

"Yeah. Good driving for a seventeen year-old."

"Hey, it's late. Gotta go home, have class tomorrow." She waved.

 

Ken started to mount his bike again when he heard Yuki talking to her phone.

 

"Serious?"

"Okay, sorry, I'll be right there."

"Who's that?"

"Jel. Erinyes attacking them." She said quickly.

*************************************************************** *********

"Says she'll dash here now." Jelmerie shouted.

"Good. I'll be taking on this filth outside" Ryoko shot back

 

Hecate and Folter continued attacking Jelmerie while Todesursache and Ryoko ran out to the hallway to have their fight there. Catching Morgaine's eye, Hecate stopped in mid attack and ran back to the window.

 

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Jelmerie shouted.

"That's not your business anymore."

 

Sora and Morgaine chose the next room as their fighting ground but as soon as they got there, Morgaine sat down a chair and looked contemptuously at Sora.

 

"Why don't you fight?"

"Not in the mood. I only came here for the girl, that's all." She answered clumsily.

"I already told you, she's not here."

"And why would I believe the words of a traitor like you?" Sora's face reddened.

"You were the traitor." She hissed.

"To you and the other's eyes…"

 

Sora was about to made a reply when the door swung open and Hecate barged in, panting.

 

"She's not here." She reported, casting a quizzical look at the two.

"Come on, we don't have anymore business to do here. Tell the others."

*************************************************************** *********

"Your house's a mess." Ken remarked as they stopped.

"Yeah. They've broken almost every window. Those damn Erinyes. I'll get them."

"No need for that, here they come." She looked up just in time to see Morgaine land in front of her.

"Another Angel, and your charge I suppose?" she smirked as Yuki.

"Can we stay a while and play with her?" Heacte said as she and the other three set foot on the ground.

"Enough for tonight. We need to go."

 

After they left, the two rushed inside where Sora was the first one to see them.

 

"Anyone hurt badly?" Yuki asked.

"Few scratches. Jel and Ryo's patching themselves up."

"What're they after?"

"Aya-chan."

"Hey, it's about time you got here. Where in hell have you been?" Ryoko bellowed.

"For your information, I was the one who got Aya-chan out of here. Knew it even before they came" she grinned sheepishly

"And when did you became like Camellia may I ask?"

"Can't see Jel anywhere, you sure she's not hurt?"

"Shut herself in her room Kenken. Had a bad time with Folter." Ryoko shrugged.

*************************************************************** *********

"Omi, please, you have to accept it!" Ryoko whined as Omi nibbled some food.

"I can't. Hacking school files is dangerous." The boy answered

"That's right." Chimed Yoji.

"But you do it all the time for missions."

"For missions Ryo and not for other things."

"Awwww, please Omi?"

"Hey, what's the noise all about?" Aya-chan and Jelmerie asked as they entered the shop.

 

Yuki related the story to them and Jelmerie for sported a wide grin as soon as Yuki finished her narrative.

 

"So that's it! Hey, is that Calvin guy the captain ball of your school's basketball team? I've been hearing things about him. They say he's got the looks and skill of a star player. He's the one always pestering you right?" Yoji looked up from the magazine he's been reading.

"But has no brains. Come on Omi, please…"

"I told you I'm not answering his challenge."

"Omi, I've never thanked you for saving me that night. Here, I arranged this for you." She placed the bundle of flowers in front of him.

"I---uhm---T-than-ks.." he stammered, face getting red.

"Omi you're blushing!!!" Ryoko shouted.

"I'm not!!!!"

"You are!!!" she pointed out

"I'm not" then he turned to everyone else in the room.

"am I?" he almost whispered.

"Yeah!" came the chorus answer.

 

Omi buried his face in his hands while the others laughed while Aya pleaded the rest to stop. Jelmerie was first to restrain her laughter and soon regained composure. She looked around the room and caught Ran smiling in his corner. She nudged Yuki and pointed it to her who just gave a smile and changed the topic.

 

"Hey, what happened to the laughter?" a voice asked from the doorway.

"Birman?" everyone gaped as Birman entered, shortly followed by Manx and Sora.

"We're here for a big announcement." Sora said dramatically.

"First, Birman will be in charge of you for a while." Manx said, addressing her words to the girls.

"It's because I have to leave. I have to talk with higher officials about something." Sora said before anyone could voice out protests.

"By the way, we'll be having a few changes for the meantime." Birman started.

"Er, like what?" Ryoko asked.

"Since your house is in a pitiful state and it's dangerous for you to stay there, so, you'll be staying with your charges for a while."

"WHAT!?!?!" Ryoko roared.

"Heard her right Ryo. While I'm away, you'll be staying with your charge so I suggest you all pack now. Including you, Aya-chan." She said animatedly.

"You can't do this, is there any other way?!?!?" Ryoko shrieked.

"None. It's the only way you can protect each other."

"Where will Aya-chan stay? I mean, I'm in charge of her but her brother's here." Jelmerie said quickly when Ryoko threatened another outburst.

"She'll be staying with her brother of course and you'll be staying with Omi." Jelmerie nodded

"Yuki, you'll be staying with Ken." It was Yuki's turn to protest.

"What!?! Ran's my charge!" she snapped.

"You have two charges Yuki. Besides, Abyssinian can take care of himself." Manx said.

"I think everything's quiet clear now. There'll be no overruling this matter." Birman stated firmly.

"Do you think it has something to do with that Morgaine woman?" Ryoko whispered when Birman and the others left.

"I don't know. What does Jel think?"

"She's not herself now, and that's another problem."

"Problem? I think we're getting loads of it now, thanks."

"Yeah. Loads of it, and I think it's just the beginning." Ryoko muttered.

*************************************************************** *********

A/N: Yay! Finished at last! Thanks to sanzo reload for bearing with this and to darkstar51, who always remind me of things I usually forgot. See ya next chappy!