Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Balineses Orchid ❯ Chance ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Balineses Orchid
by Seven7
saturnssavior@netscape.net

Disclaimer: See Chapter One

Thanx to all my reviewers and readers!! Sorry for the delay! Gomen!!


Balineses Orchid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Eleven

~Day Seventy-nine~~Wing Castle~

There's a saying that nothing is more beautiful than seeing the first sunrise after a storm. The air is cleaner, the sky is bluer, the lingering water drops and dew glimmers with the colors of dawn, like little mirrors everywhere.

But out of everything it's the colors that sold Yohji. The colors of red, pink, purple, gold, blue, yellow, orange..you name it it's there. The colors all mixed together like a painting. That's what it is; the sky is one large canvas and the sun and rain provides the colors while the wind blends together them in perfect harmony.

Yohji stood there leaning against the wall under the over hangings. His back against the wall as he watched the sun come up. A cigarette between his lips dangling precariously, ashes collecting at the end. He slowly brought his hand up and took the cigarette between his forefinger and thumb. He tapped the end of it with his index finger and then replaced the cigarette between his lips and took a deep puff. He removed the cigarette with his fingers and lowered his hand down to his side. He exhaled the smoke slowly watching it waft through the crisp morning air. A little white trail of smoke against the clear clean colors of dawn and the fresh crisp air of morning.

He'd gotton up early, well earlier than he normally does. He woke up next to Aya and just laid there watching his lover sleep for a while. At least until his disease bothered him enough to get up out of the warmth he was in. He took his pills and changed his clothes. He scoured the kitchen looking for food and found some bread and a jug of milk. He ate the bread and drank the milk, now he's enjoying his cigarette.

"I thought you'd might be here."

Yohji jumped when he heard the voice unexpectedly. He whirled around and came face to face with Lord Heero Yuy.

"H-Heero you startled me!" Yohji said smiling at his long time friend. He gave Heero a deep hug.

"How did you know I was here? Did Duo tell you?" Yohji asked. He flicked the cigarette butt into the mud.

"No he didn't, I recognized your kendo style while you were on stage." Heero said amusedly, "Mind telling me why you've joined a travelling theathre group or is it none of my business?" He mimicked Yohji and leaned against his back against the wall.

Yohji sighed, "Don't you ever get tired of the stress and pressure of your rank?"

"Sometimes, not to often, but sometimes. Sometimes I ache to go back into battle with a sword in my hand and a mission. Sometimes I feel like I'm floating through time with no meaning."

"What do you do when you feel like that?"

"I take a good look at my partner and remember all the crazy things we've done together. And all the close calls I've had to losing him. After that I don't feel so hollow, I remind myself that this kind of life is preferable as opposed to the life we had before where everywhere I turned there was always someone trying to kill Duo."

Yohji smiled at Heero, "Yes Duo does seem to find trouble everywhere he goes doesn't he?"

Heero sighed tiredly, "Must you remind me?"

Yohji chuckled heartily, "Well that's what happens when you fall in love with an ex-american spy."

They both laughed.

"So is that what this is about Yohji? You ran away from home and joined a bunch of travelling actors because you were bored with lordship?" Heero asked raising a brow.

Yohji crossed his arms in front of him, "Kind of, I'm actually leaving today if all goes well."

"Takatorisan must be swelling with pride having you here with the group."

"He doesn't know, no one knows except for one person." Yohji said, "Actually that's something I need to talk to you about. I need a favor."

Heero really looked at his friend for the first time and noticed several differences in him. Yohji looked too thin, his color was a little paler than usual and his shoulders slumped.

"Is something wrong Yohji? Is everything between you and Eiri alright?" Heero began.

Yohji waved his hand, "Eiri and I are fine." He said, "No the favor I need from you is regarding the eldest son of Takatori."

Heero pushed himself off the wall and stood erect, giving Yohji his full attention.

"Aya was telling me that he was found roaming the streets as a child. The Takatoris found him when he was three or four. I figure it was Tokyo, seeing as how Tokyo was the only city back then that had paved streets and not so much dirt roads." Yohji said.

Heero nodded, "You think maybe his real family is still there?"

Yohji shook his head, "No I'd like to think that he wouldn't be wandering around Tokyo as a child unless because his family was elsewhere. No I think that he was in Tokyo because he was chased away from where his family was."

"But who would chase a child? Unless he was of wealth." Heero said.

Yohji and Heero stared at each other in deep thought.

"You think maybe he's of rank?" Heero asked surprised.

Yohji shrugged, "I don't know but I was hoping maybe you could look into it, see if you can dig up some long lost relative or something. Or at the very least a surname. But I need this to be kept in secret, I don't want to discover that he's some long lost son to someone who's wanted by the government. I don't want Aya to be caught and prosecuted for a crime he didn't do just because he's someones elses son." Yohji said.

Heero agreed, "I understand that, but why is this so important to you?"

Yohji smiled warmly, "I intend to make him my partner."

Heero's jaw just about dropped, "You're serious?"

Yohji nodded and his smile got bigger.

Heero nodded back, "Well I'll get started on that then."

Yohji patted his friend on the back. "Thanks Heero." Yohji's smile wilted a little and his brows creased. "Do you think you could find out in two months?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Elsewhere~

Dr. Brad Crawford yawned loudly and stretched delicously as his bones cracked and popped. For just at moment in time everything felt right. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. He got cleaned and dressed quickly and descended down the steps of Howard's inn. He smiled politely at the hostess and crossed the threshold to the outside. The sky was absoulutely beautiful, the sky was blue, no clouds in sight, the faint remnences of a fading rainbow crossed the sky like a cool breath.

"Breathtaking isn't it?"

Brad turned around to see the last man he saved last night. He nodded at the gaijin's words and returned his gaze to the brilliant sky.

"It is." he said simply.

"I'd like to thank you for saving me last night." The man said approaching Crawford, he stood there before the doctor dressed in a casual kimon, his red hair held back from his face by a white bandana.

"My name is Schuldig."

Brad looked at Schuldig and smiled, "My name is Brad Crawford, a pleasure to meet you Schuldigsan." Brad's smile grew as he took in the gaijin's green eyes and devilish red hair. He let his eyes wander up and down the mans body briefly, enjoying the view.

Schuldig blushed as he noticed Brad give him a look over. No! Bad Schuldig! This man is a doctor, he's not checking you out even if he is gorgeous himself with his dark hair and sleek body and...

"...ling today?"

Schuldig shook himself back to reality as he realized Brad had asked him a question and he'd missed it.

"I'm sorry what?" He asked sheepishly.

Brad chuckled, "I said how are you feeling today?"

"Oh, I'm fine. Just a little sore." He said.

"Yes well I'd expect as much after having a whole building fall on you."

Schuldig blushed a little more. "I was wondering if you'd allow me to treat you to breakfast Crawfordsan." What is with him? Never has anyone ever left him feeling like some insecure female on her wedding night. What is it about this guy with his grey eyes and his tall, sleek body? His dark hair alone is enough to make Schuldig a little weak at the knees.

Usually he can be a insensitive, arrogant jerk...but with this guy he's left blushing and simpering like a little love struck girl!

Oh Kami he didn't just say love did he?

Brad nodded and smiled acceptingly, "I'd love to."

Schuldig couldn't fight the butterflies in his stomach and scratched the back of his head as he often does when he's nervous. He led the way back to Howard's inn and to the tea room where they were served tea and breakfast.

Eiri descended down the stairs and stopped at the doorway leading to the tea room. He watched with disinterest at Crawford and some red haird guy taking animatedly and laughing loudly enjoying each other's company. He continued walking until he exited the inn. He walked to the stables to check on Kumagoru. He petted the animals head and fed him and apple as he picked up a brush and began brushing the horses mane. Watching Crawford in the tea room with that other guy has him thinking about home and his lover Shuichi.

Gods he missed being home.

If he was home right now he would be in bed lying next to Shuichi, having his little lover snuggle up next to him stirring up lusty emotions until he would give in and make love to his partner. He loved waking up next to Shuichi. But until his brother can be found he can't go home.

Angry at the thought, Eiri growled deeply and aggresively threw the brush across the stables. He slammed the gate to Kumagorus stall and stormed out of the stable not giving Oracle a second glance. He stalked all the way back to Howard's inn and stomped his way threw the sliding doors. He glanced quickly at the tea room as he passed by and saw Crawford still talking with that other guy. Eiri continued stomping until he reached the steps, he was about to go upstairs and pack his things to hit the road when Crawford came calling after him.

"Lord Eirisan wait! I've news of Lord Yohjisan!" Eiri stopped dead in his tracks as he turned to regard his travel companion, or nuisance, he has yet to determine.

Brad came running out of the tea room as he saw Eiri pass by.

"He was here about four days ago. It seems he is travelling with an acting theathre group by the name of Takatori. Schuldig says that given the unusual early storm the group may be finding shelter at Wing Castle." Brad said staring intently into Eiri's amber eyes.

Wing Castle! That's Heero's and Duo's manor! If he rides out right now he could make the trip within two days time, given the conditions of the road. Mind made up Eiri looked at Brad.

"Grab your things doctor we're leaving right now!" Eiri stormed upstairs and started throwing all of his things into his pack.

Crawford still standing downstairs turned back to Schuldig.

"Are you sure it was Lord Yohjisan that is travelling with your family's group?" Brad asked.

Schuldig nodded, "I saw Lord Eirisan and at first I thought it was Lord Yohjisan, until you told me who you were looking for."

Crawford nodded, he reached into his shirt and pulled a small sack. He opened the bag and pulled out a few coins.

"For your troubles." He said.

Schuldig stood there agape at Crawford. Crawford took his silence as acceptance and deposited the money into Schuldig's hand.

Recovering quickly Schuldig stared at the money in his hand and turned back at the doctor.

"B-But I thought perhaps I could come with you." Schuldig said.

Crawford shook his head, "Tis better that you don't come, Lord Eiri has a short and foul temper, he can hardly tolerate my accompaning his travels much less someone else." He turned to climb the steps as a hand grabbed the sleeve of his shirt.

"When will you be done with your travels? I would like to see you again if you permit." Schuldig said meekly. His hand still holding onto Crawfords sleeve.

Crawford smiled warmly, he took Schuldig's hand in his and stood before Schuldig. "Go to Tokyo, go in the direction of Balinese Manor. One block from there you will find my office of business. It is also my home, when I am done with my travels I will be returning there." Brad leaned forward whispering into Schuldig's ear. "I would like for you to be there when I come home." With that said Crawford licked the outer shell of Schuldig's ear.

Schuldig shivered as Brad licked his ear. He felt the other mans breath travel across his cheek until they reached his mouth. Brads' lips were soft and warm against his. Schuldigs heart began racing as Brad took his other hand and pressed it between both their chests. Schuldig couldn't fight the little moan that escaped him as Brad pulled away.

Crawford pressed a finger against Schuldig's lips as the man tried to say something. Brad smiled wantonly and licked his lips as he saw Schuldig's flushed cheeks and kiss bruised lips.

"Go" he said and turned to take the steps. Schuldig watched Crawford climb the steps. He pressed a finger to his lips remembering the feeling of Brad's lips upon his. Maybe leaving the theathre group wasn't such a stupid idea after all. Schuldig spun on his heel and made way for his room, with the money in his hand he could afford to take a carriage to Tokyo. Maybe he could even find a job in such a modern city. Make a small living...oh the possibilities! Especially the ones including a grey eyed physician. Schuldig smiled wickedly, with his spirits high he whistled as he closed the door to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Great news everyone!" Shuichi bellowed as he walked into the breakfast room. Everyone in the room stopped eating as they watched Shuichi merrily walk to his seat next to Manx.

"Well don't keep us waiting darling tell us what the news is." Manx said leaning over to kiss her husband on the cheek.

Omi and Ouka were seated across from them eating their own breakfast. Yohji and Aya were seated in the middle enjoying tea and eggs with bread.

"Do you remember the two boys I said were going to accompany us from now on?" Shuichi said. Everyone nodded silently.

"Well they're here! They just arrived exhausted the poor things! They apparently wanted to catch us before we left so they traveled all night in the rain and reached the castle just this morning."

"The poor things they must be tired and hungry!" Manx said immediately standing up from the table.

Shuichi grabbed onto her kimono before she could scurry out of the room.

"Hold on my dear, I've given them hot tea and shown them to their rooms. They're sleeping right now. So leave them be." Shuichi said.

"Well that's wonderful news papa. Now we have a replacement for Schuldig!" Ouka said enthusiastically.

"I hate to dampen the good news but I have an announcement to make." Yohji said standing up from the table. All talking ceased as everyone awaited Yohji to speak.

Yohji inhaled deeply trying to calm his beating heart. Why is he so nervous? He wasn't this bad when marrying Auska, so why now?

Aya sensing his boyfriends nervousness stood up and walked around the table to stand beside Yohji.

"Mama, Papa..." Aya began, now he understood why Yohji was so nervous.

"What is it Aya?" Manx said, her face was expressed with concern.

"Mama Yohji and I are-"

"Aya and I have decided to become life partners." Yohji blurted out.

Manx's jaw dropped, Shuichi's jaw dropped, Ouka's jaw dropped, Omi's bread dropped from his fingers.

Silence.

Shuichi quickly stood up from the table shaking the whole table and all of it's contents. Manx recovered from her stupor just as Shuichi was about to charge the both of them. She immediately grabbed Shuichi's hand and held on tight.

"Easy love, just relax." She said in a soothing tone.

Shuichi's eyes remained open like saucers. His mouth agape.

"Aya is this true are you planning to become Yohjisans p-partner?" Ouka asked with disbelief.

Aya nodded his head, he grabbed onto Yohji's arm and held on tight, mainly for comfort.

Omi stood up from the table and walked around to his brother. He stood there for a second before hugging Aya tightly. Aya 'offed' as Omi hugged him in a bear like hug. He smiled at his little brother already accepting.

Omi pulled back, "I for one am happy for the both of you." He said, yet his smile was a little strained. Worry clouded his mind, worry about the future of Yohji and his brother.

"Well I'm not about to argue." Ouka said as she hopped over to Yohji's side and hugged him with as much enthusiasm as she could give. Yohji wrapped and arm around her in response. Ouka pulled away slightly just enough to look up inot Yohji's face. "Will we be having a ceremony for you?"


That must have been the last incense before the buddha sneezed.


"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ALL OF THIS!!" Shuichi yelled out.

Everyone jumped at the intensity of his yell, including Manx.

"Of all the underhanded things...."

"But papa..." Aya pleaded.

"...and now of all times!"

"But papa you have replacements, two of them!" Ouka pleaded along.

"...how am I going to deal..."

"Dear please calm down!" Manx pleaded even more loudly.

"...with losing my son?!!" Shuichi finished and plopped back down into his seat.

Everyone stood quiet.

"How am I going to deal with losing my oldest son." He repeated much more quietly.

Manx scooted over to her husband, placing a sooting hand on his shoulder.

"Dear relax, Aya will always be your son." She said, "He's not going to leave us forever." Manx turned to her oldest, "Will you?" She said trying to draw comfort for her husband but in her eyes you could see she was also looking for it herself.

Aya rushed over to his father's side and kneeled before the man.

"Of course I'm not going to leave forever. I love you all. Your my family no matter what happens. I-I just want to include Yohji into the family as well if you'll have him." He said gazing into his mothers teary eyes.

"Of course I would never separate Aya from his family forever." Yohji said. He also kneeled before Shuichi and Manx.

"I love Aya and I could never make him separate him from the one thing he cares for so deeply, his family." Yohji said, he bowed before Shuichi and Manx.

Aya stunned by Yohji's actions immediately bowed as well. Omi knowing their secret was stunned as well and bowed just a quickly. Ouka not knowing why everyone else was bowing but not wanting to be left out, bowed too.

Shuichi chuckled softly, he placed his hand on Aya's head. Running his fingers through the soft red hair.

"You've always been such a good boy Aya." He said lovingly. "You were by far the easiest child to raise. You never once disappointed us and you never will."

Aya looked up from his position and glanced up at his fathers face to see the older man smile, his eyes a little watery.

"Thank you father." Aya said softly. Shuichi pulled him into a hug. Manx let the tears finally fall and immediately pulled Aya out of Shuichi's arms and into her own.

"Oh my baby has finally grown up to leave the nest." She cried, wiping her tears on the back of her sleeves.

Yohji sat there watching his lover being hugged by his loving family. He shook his head menatlly, never could he separate Aya from his family. They mean so much to him. He continued to watch everyone recover the cheer from before. He would have loved to let it stay that way but there were more pressing matters at hand.

"Takatorisan I'm afraid there is more." Yohji said.

Shuichi stopped laughing and turned to Yohji. Yohji's face was serious. Manx's laughing died down as she noticed Yohji's serious face and demeanor. Aya saw his lover and understood what was coming up next, and hurried back to his side.

Shuichi sat there looking at Yohji and Aya for a minute.

"What do you mean there is more?" He said.

"I mean that there is something else I must announce." Yohji said.

Shuichi glanced at his wife who shrugged before turning back to Yohji.

"Hhmm...Aya your not pregnant are you?" He asked amusedly.

"WHAT! NO!" Aya blurted out in shock.

"Just covering all the bases." Shuichi said grining.

"Oh just say what you were going to say Yohji." Manx said over her husbands shoulder. "Nothing you can say can be as shocking as your first announcement." She jestered.

"Actually it is..." Yohji said.

Manxs brow furrowed in confusion.

Taking a deep breath Yohji began.

"My name is Lord Yohji Kudou Balinese. I am the Lord of Balinese Manor of Tokyo." He stated matter of fact.

Silence.

Everyone sat there staring at him as if he just sprouted another head. The silence was beginning to become defeaning. Maybe this was a bad idea. He should never have said his full name. He should have just remained 'Yohji Kudou' and taken off with Aya and no one would have been the wiser. He could have taken off with Aya, enjoyed a one month honeymoon. Only one month because Kami only knows if he'll even be able to move on his own on his last month. And Aya would have returned back to his family as soon as he passes away.

Still silence.

Finally not being able to take it anymore he was about to say something when Ouka spoke first.

"So Aya will you be wanting orchids for your bouquet?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tsuzuku...

Don't forget to feed the kitty, she's been pretty hungry lately.