Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Bathing Suit ❯ Bathing Suit ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Disclaimer* No, I don't own them or the series. If I did, the scripts would have been a HECK of a lot different.


Bathing Suit
***************


It was strange being there in the living room with all of the lights off. He hadn't even left the television on for background noise or the odd bit of illumination, which was unusual in itself. What was downright fucked up, or so Yohji had decided, was that he had been the one to end up on the couch. As comfortable as it was, it still didn't come close to the comfort of his bed, and he'd given that up to Aya.

Sure, now Yohji regretted turning his back on the glaring redhead, but at the time it seemed like the only thing to do. He was still at a loss as to how buying something as innocent as a bathing suit for the man's sister justified his being out in the living room shoving the couch cushions back in place every time he rolled over. It hadn't even been that revealing, not by today's standards. Sure, the back was rather low cut, but it wasn't even a two piece! How could anyone but a nun possibly find that revealing? ...then again, this was Aya and one didn't have to reach far to find the comparisons.

A long, exasperated sigh filled the relative silence before the blond swore and tossed the too small blanket onto the floor. One thing was for certain, Yohji was not going to end up couch bound for a week just because a certain swordsman wanted make his sister into the Japanese version of the virgin mother. Even at that, he'd lay odds on Aya going off on god for getting the girl knocked up with his sword held over his head and screaming 'shi'ne' all the while. It was an amusing image and kept his humor up until he was standing beside the bed.

Reluctant to wake his teammate up in order to get his pillow and his side of the bed back, Yohji decided that he could put up with sleeping on Aya's side. He wasn't about to get under the blanket just yet, mostly because laying on it gave Aya less of a chance to elbow or kick him, but also because he just didn't know if he was going to be told to get the hell out. He did chance putting an arm over the man's waist once enough time had passed to make him fairly certain that the latter was unlikely.

"I'm sorry. I should have asked you if it was alright, but she asked me because she thought that you'd have a fit if she asked you." There was silence, but Yohji had already assumed that he'd be talking to a sleeping Aya who'd remember none of it in the morning, so it didn't matter. "She was right, you stubborn ass. It's a good thing we both love you so much or you'd be getting punched in that rock-like skull of yours on a daily basis." Feeling vindicated, the blond closed his eyes and tried to drift off.

He'd almost gotten to sleep, too, until a quiet sound that could have been a sniffle interrupted the long stretch of silence. Sniffle? Nah, couldn't be. Yohji had heard Aya sniffle maybe once in the whole time he'd known him, and that had been the reaction to them clearing out the coating of dust in the storeroom. Aya didn't sniffle. Aya grunted, glared, and gave attitude, but he didn't sniffle.

Yohji had almost convinced himself that he'd been hearing things when it happened again, and he lifted his head from the pillow to look down at the redhead. "Ayan?" When the question was met with yet more quiet, he reached up to touch a cheek he couldn't see in the darkness of the room to find it damp. "C'mon, I didn't mean it. I mean.. I did, because you are a stubborn ass, and smacking you in the head is really damned tempting at times. I just didn't mean to do something that'd piss you off. If it's the bathing suit... Look, it's the tamest thing they had, it was either that or something you'd kill me for."

"It's not that, Yohji. It's not even that she's going to be wearing it in front of gods know how many boys with nothing but sex on the brain. It's.. she had that very same suit picked out for the summer before our parents were killed. I helped my mother pick it out. That's all." There was a long pause that ended in a heavy sigh. "Then you just walked out without giving me a chance to explain, and..."

"And I was the asshole not waiting around to hear what you had to say. I'm sorry. Forgive me?" Yohji had been about to sit quietly and wait for an answer when that plan was derailed by Aya shifting onto his back and pulling him down for a rather long kiss that left him in the position of having to catch his breath.

"Something like that," Aya said before quieting again, and Yohji could just picture the plotting look on the redhead's face. "Forgive you? I could. You'd have to escort Aya-chan to the beach every time she goes... And the make up sex would have to be really damned good."

For some reason, Yohji couldn't figure out if he should feel doomed, damned, or delighted.