Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Bouncing Bundles of Chaos ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not in any way own Weiß Kreuz or it's characters, that right belongs to Koyasu Takehito and Project Weiß. I do however own Loraine, and Amara belongs to my idea muse and cousin.
 
 
 
The soft sound of a silenced gun echoed in the otherwise silent room as Schuldig, resident telepath of Schwarz, finished their latest assignment. Re-holstering his gun, he turned back to where Crawford stood in the doorway of the target's room. His customary smirk in place, the German walked to the door, and stood before the bespectacled American. “It's done. Can we go now?” Impatience heavily laced his words. Only then did he notice the faraway look of his leader's eyes. His smirk slipped a few notches as he waited for the vision to pass.
 
 
Crawford blinked once as though startled, then pushed his glasses up his nose. Even in the dim lighting of the room, the lenses managed that ominous flashing. The American turned his cold brown eyes on the German, and scowled slightly at the look of boredom he found on the other man's face. “The target had twin daughters. Find them, we're taking them with us.” He inwardly enjoyed the look of surprised confusion on the German's face before that infuriating smirk covered it.
 
 
“Kids huh? I never took you as a family man.” Of course Schuldig had to be difficult about it.
 
 
“We're taking them, because it seems that there's a latent gene for psi-talents in their family.” Crawford turned away, heading for the front door.
 
 
“Find them Schuldig. I'll be waiting in the car.” That said, the American promptly walked away.
 
 
Schuldig stuck his tongue out at Crawford's back before turning and walking the other way, further up the hall. He found his newest task complete when he found the two little girls sleeping in small beds in a room that was painted in soft pinks and purples. He made a face at the colors, then using his telepathy to keep the rugrats asleep, he scooped them up, and turned out of the room.
 
 
Slipping silently down the stairs, and out the front door, Schuldig then entered the car, where Crawford sat waiting behind the wheel.
 
 
“I got them. Are we done yet?” This time there was a definite whine in the German's voice, which caused Crawford to twitch just a little.
 
 
“Yes, Schuldig, We're done.” A moments pause, then the car's engine roared to life, and half of Schwarz, plus two little bundles of joy, were off to homebase.
 
 
Now that he had the time, Schuldig turned his attention to studying the children he held. They were actually kind of cute, but that would probably end the moment they awoke to find themselves in a strange place with strangers. Just the thought of that made his ears ring slightly. He just hoped they weren't screamers. He shook himself from that train of thought, then settled his attention on the girls.
 
 
One girl had a head of auburn hair that looked like it had been inherited from their father. He didn't touch it, but by just looking at it, he could tell that it was probably soft. This child's pudgy cheeks were rosy, and her nose a little pink. `Probably from a cold.' He mused to himself. Carefully, he released his hold on her sleeping mind, and was startled when orchid eyes sprung open to pin him with a surprisingly mature gaze for a toddler.
 
 
The child stared at him, then yawned widely, and closed her eyes again. “No noise.” Was the only comment the child made before slipping into sleep again. For some reason the name Loraine flooded his thoughts. He sifted through the child's thoughts, ingraining the name into her brain. He didn't care what either child's name had been before, and figured that since he seemed to be in charge of them, it made sense for him to name them what he wanted. Besides, his names seemed to fit better than the names the parents' had given them. The poor girls were German, and didn't even have German names. And that wasn't right.
 
 
He turned his attention to the other child, taking in the pudgy cheeks, and small nose. A full head of raven black hair fell across part of the girl's face, and when he loosened his hold on her thoughts, she shifted, blinked bleary green eyes at him for a minute before settling into sleep again.
 
 
`Amara.' He thought for a reason he couldn't understand, and repeated the process of changing the child's name. He left any other memories intact, not sure why himself.
 
 
He then leaned his head back against the headrest of his seat, gracing Crawford with a sideways look. The man was straight faced as usual, but Schuldig had a way to, hopefully, ruffle the American's feathers.
 
 
“What are we going to do about Far? I doubt it would be wise to let him near two four year olds.” That comment didn't even earn him a twitch, and he scowled.
 
 
“I don't See anything happening between them and Farfarello. But you will be watching him in case of something unforeseen.” Schuldig scowled more.
 
 
“Since when have I become babysitter? I don't remember that being included in the deal,” Schuldig snapped at Crawford, reveling in the minute twitch of the man's eyebrow.
 
 
“Schuldig…” Crawford had that tone in his voice, the one he always used whenever he answered what he though to be a stupid question. “You'll do it because you never do anything else around the house.”
 
 
Schuldig snorted, and rolled his eyes as he turned his head to look out the window.
 
 
It didn't take long for them to reach home, and once the car was parked, Schuldig escaped into the cool garage, then slipped noiselessly into the house, leaving Crawford behind to close up. He slid into the living room on silent feet, then gently settled the two girls on the couch, before draping his own body bonelessly across the rest of the piece of furniture.
 
 
“Which of God's angels did you force your progeny on?” There was no sound to indicate anyone entering the room, so when the voice spoke right in his ear, Schuldig jumped about a foot, and turned his head fast enough to give him whiplash. Farfarello stood there studying Loraine and Amara, and Schuldig shifted to block his view.
 
 
“They're not mine. Crawford's gone soft, and told me to bring them along from our last job.” Schuldig studied the Irishman closely. It didn't seem to be a bad day, but you never could be quite sure with Far.
 
 
“God is crying over them being in your care.” With that the Irishman left the room, and a very perplexed Schuldig behind.