Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Bouncing Bundles of Chaos ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A maelstrom of childish thoughts assaulted Schuldig's mind. The strongest being a distinct lack of the twins' parents. `Just what I need. As if I didn't have enough thoughts ramming their way into my head.' But at least it was better than Farfarello's chaotic din of god centered hate. He leaned his head back against the back of the couch, aware of the two children staring intently at him.
 
He would not move. He would give no indication that he was awake. He would not give them the opening they waited for before they pounced with that god-awful question that he had no idea how to answer.
 
A small hand patted his cheek. Then tugged on his ear when he didn't so much as twitch. He could be patient. He finally jumped away from the toddlers when he was given a very shocking wet-Willie. A giggle escaped from Amara, her small finger still outstretched, her black hair falling into mischievous green eyes.
 
“What do you want?! snapped a very irate telepath, his blue eyes narrowed at the girls. Loraine stared at him with even eyes, her small arms crossed across her chest.
 
Mommy and Daddy are gone aren't they?” There were no tears in the orchid eyes that stared at him. Only a sense of knowing, like the auburn haired child had known something would happen to her parents. `On some level, she must have known something was going to happen… Which only proves that Brad was right about that latent psi-talent thing.'
 
He looked the girl in the eyes, and with a nearly flat voice, said one word that he almost guaranteed would start the water works. “Yes.
 
Crawford walked into the room at that moment and suddenly all eyes were on him. He raised an eyebrow at Schuldig who had what could only be described as his `save me' face. He started to push his glasses farther up his nose, but stopped and blinked as he found one of his legs wrapped in a small child's hug.
 
::What did you do to them?:: He projected at the telepath, his eyes narrowing slightly.
 
::Nothing, I swear. She asked if their parents were gone, and I said yes. Geez. You actually think I'd get a kick out of tormenting a toddler?:: Schuldig made a face at the American only to have his eyes widen slightly as Amara finally spoke up.
 
“You're talking aren't you? In your heads. Green eyes stared at Schuldig expectantly.
 
Schuldig blinked, wondering how the hell this kid had known they were having a conversation.
 
“Schuldig, don't bother. The telepath looked back to Crawford, blinking in confusion.
 
::But Brad, she realized we were talking. How could she?:: Schuldig didn't really expect an answer, but he was hoping for one.
 
“Not now, later. Right now, we have more pressing matters to attend to. And don't call me Brad. Crawford then knelt down, and pried Loraine's small arms off of his leg before lifting her and propping her on a hip. He then fixed his brown eyes on Schuldig.
 
“I'm taking them for the night because I don't quite trust you to be on your best behavior.” The American was slightly startled when small arms wrapped around his neck and a small face pressed into his shoulder, but what startled him the most was the words whispered in a small voice.
 
Daddy, I'm tired.
 
A/N: Review responses will be at the end of each chapter starting now.
 
El Chupacabras: Actually, Loraine, and Amara are in fact German names. I should know, I AM German. The meanings of the names are as follows…
 
Amara: bitter, eternal, immortal, steadfast, beloved
Loraine: where Lothar dwells, made famous in battle.
 
Thank you for bringing that up, I forgot to clear that up.
 
Heta Noitio nsi: That is eerie. Though, like the saying goes, “Great minds think alike”. ^_^