Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Bouncing Bundles of Chaos ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Schuldig had absolutely no idea how he had gotten himself into his current situation. One moment he had been unmercifully tormenting Brad about what happened the night before, and the next moment found him demoted to babysitter for two of the world's most annoying children. Sure, they were cute, to an extent, but they drove him crazy.
 
He had been unceremoniously dragged to the nearest park by the over eager hellions. Then they had attacked him with twin “kicked puppy” looks until he had agreed to push them on the swings. It hadn't even been an hour, and he was already fed up and contemplating mass homicide. He couldn't take any more high-pitched screaming and whining.
 
The brats had been quiet for way too long, so Schuldig busied himself with trying to find him. Not by the swings, the slide, nor were they climbing on the bars like the monkeys they really were.
 
When he finally did find them, the sight of their company startled a curse out of him. The girls seemed perfectly fine, but they were sitting in the grass with the Weiß assassin Bombay, Siberian not too far away, bumping a soccer ball from knee to knee.
 
Schuldig was about to convince the two assassins to crawl back to the flower shop where they belonged when he remembered the `no telepathy' rule Brad had set for the outing. He scowled, then stood from the bench he had been occupying. Which brought the two white assassins' attention to him.
 
He plastered his usual cocky smirk on his face, then started in their direction with confident strides. He was less than ten feet away when a small body collided with his middle, startling a grunt out of him.
 
“Uncle Schu! Guess what!” Loraine was unusually hyper for some reason, and that made Schuldig unusually wary. He had absolutely no idea what she was capable of while strung out on whatever sweets she had gotten into this morning.
 
“What?” He tried to look interested as he kneeled down, brushing a bit of dirt from the girl's chubby cheek.
 
The small girl's eyes lit up as she gestured behind her toward Bombay and Siberian.
 
“Omi-nii says he has lots of flowers! Can we go see them?!” She had that “kicked puppy” look again, her eyes tearing.
 
“I'm not the one to ask. Now come on you two. We'll get ice cream, then go home. Vater's having kittens.”
 
That statement made the girls' faces scrunch up, but it was Amara that spoke up first.
 
You're silly Uncle Shoes! People can't have kittens, and Daddy's a boy!” The girl was wide eyed with wonder, even as Schuldig flinched at the name. Broken snickering brought his attention to the two other assassins.
 
Siberian was trying hard not to laugh, his face flushing with the effort, tears in his eyes. Bombay was staring in open shock, his blue eyes wide.
 
Schuldig shot them both a dirty look before gathering his charges and sauntering off toward the sounds of the ice cream cart.