Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Complicated Situations ❯ In which The Nightmare occurs and Ken does the obscenely stupid ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One: In which The Nightmare occurs and Ken does the obscenely stupid)

---1:03 am---

Sighing, Ken let his weary body slide into the scalding bath. Weiss had just returned from a particularly difficult mission and he had finally complied with his muscles' screaming for a hot bath to ease them.

`Another night, another dead by my hands…. When will it all end…?'

Sighing, he let go of his troubled thoughts and watched the gentle ripples of water slowly eat away and rinse off the dried blood which stained his body.

"There's always blood to clean off," he sighed, "every time. At times, I almost…I almost wish it didn't bother me so much. But then I'd be just like them. I can't let myself become that."

Sighing to himself, he drew his wrinkled body out of the bath and into a massive fluffy towel. Burying his face in the rich plush, he felt a mutinous tear leak out.

"I won't let myself become that. I will die first!" he bit out. He didn't listen to the tiny voice in his mind that cruelly reminded him that in his profession, that was very likely to happen.

Drawing the towel loosely around his trim waist, he padded down the quiet hallway. Puzzled at the lack of human activity, he paused and glanced around looking for any signs of the other Weiss members.

`I didn't realize I was in the tub that long,' he mused.

The quiet stillness of the apartment was interrupted as he passed by Aya's room. Through the thin door, he could hear the distinct sounds of a person tossing and turning, in the grips of a nightmare. Ken hesitated outside of the door, battling with himself if the bodily harm that would be inflicted by Aya was worth attempting to comfort him.

`And what if I do something incredibly stupid like admit that I like him?'

Ken wasn't quite ready to caution to the winds and admit to the stony redhead that he'd been attracted to the man since the first time they met. Or even more so that he'd realized, just three short months ago, that he actually loved him.

`No,' Ken decided, `he'd kill me if he found out. And if I go into that room, chances are he'll find out.'

As Ken glumly turned away to continue on to his door, and loud sob of dispair echoed through the hall, coming from the room of his beloved.

All previously made resolutions were forgotten as Ken swiftly threw open the wooden door and ran to the bedside. He hesitated for a moment, but another cry caused him to wrap his arms around the thin frame of his leader.

"Shhhhh, Aya, it's OK. It's me, Ken. Shhhhh, it'll be fine. You're OK."

Pressing his face against Aya's hair, and cradling him in his arms, Ken slowly calmed the sleeping redhead down.

"It's just a dream, Aya, just a…a…." Yawning, Ken slowly fell down to the pillow, still holding Aya in his embrace. "I'd better…better leave `fore you wake up `an yell at me. But I'm… tired…"

Ken, unable to fight back his exhaustion, succumbed to sleep, still desperately holding the man who meant more to him than anything else in his dismal world.

---10:07 am---

Ken awoke, shivering cold, to a pounding on the door that reverberated through the room. Too sleepy to open his eyes, Ken simply tried to yell away the offending pounder.

"What?! Go away, I don't have morning shift!"

"K-Ken? Is that you?"

Ken felt Aya stir next to him. `Wait…..Aya?! Oh…shit…!'

"Where's Aya? Is- is he in there too?" Omi sounded quite bewildered.

"Shitshitshit!"

The door creaked open to reveal Omi, whose eyes grew huge at the sight in front of him.

A stark naked Ken, his towel drooping off the bed, sat next to a groggy and bewildered Aya on the redhead's own bed.

Omi continued to stare open-mouthed for another second before blushing bright red and rushing his gaze to the floor.

Ken suddenly realized how they must look, with Ken naked and looking very guilty, and Aya half-asleep. Not to mention to mussed sheets, in reality that way from the redhead's nightmare, but Omi had no way of knowing that.

"Um. It's Aya's, um…You have morning shift with me but you didn't come down for breakfast, so I came to get you, Aya-kun." Omi rambled as fast as he could, and then bolted for the door.

Ken took one look at the now fuming redhead and tried to do the same. Before he could get off the bed, his wrist was caught in a vise-like grip. Ken cringed and braced himself for Aya's anger.

"HIDAKA! What the HELL are you doing in my room?!"

Oh, yeah. Defiantly angry.