Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Deal With It ❯ Surprise! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Deal With It 2

don't ask. just... don't.
--

Omi dated Crawford on and off, but eventually they decided they were better off friends. Omi still liked to flaunt his newfound status as a friend of the indestructuble Schwarz, and he never got around to telling Weiss that he and Crawford WEREN'T sleeping together. It was much more fun to watch their faces after he spent three hours getting ready (mostly sitting in the bathtub reading a book) and then go out to dinner with Crawford. He spent his evenings at the penthouse with them, but he was doing anything but sleeping.

Sometimes Schuldig would rent a movie, and they would all gather around and watch it. It was invariably a horror movie, and he found himself clinging to Nagi. He loved them, but they scared him half to death. Nagi felt the same, and they usually ended up practically in eachothers lap, shaking with terrror.

Other times, Nagi would have his playstation out in the living room when he came over, and they would spend hours beating eachother at various videogames.

Sometimes he spent time with Schuldig, learning to read peoples body language and facial expressions, or with Farfarello, training. He began to look forward to his time with his former enemies, and only found one fault with it.

The rest of Weiss still thought he would be killed or betray them at any moment.

Crawford and Nagi dropped by one night, surprising all of them. They invited Ken and Omi out for dinner. Omi accepted instantly, but Ken took some convincing.

Finally, the four of them went out.

Nagi and Omi retreated to a table of their own, as the restaraunt, like all things Crawford did, was high class and expensive. Ken fidgeted.

Crawford smiled.

"I hear you were in the J-League when you were younger. Soccer is an excellent sport." he began. Ken nearly passed out he was so relieved. Most of his tension was based around things like, 'what are we gonna talk about?' 'i don't want to discuss Weiss with him...' and 'where did Omi go?!' Soccer was a subject he was much more comfortable with, and he found himself monopolizing the conversation with tales of his youth. Crawford seemed much more relaxed when he wasn't working, and he smiled alot. Occasionally, Ken extracted a chuckle from him. His voice was warm, comforting.... Nothing like the cold steel he spoke with on missions.

/No wonder Omi likes him so much. Omi! I forgot all about him!/ Ken raised his eyes from his glass, and Crawford inclined his head.

"They're over there," he said softly. Ken turned quietly, then gaped.

Omi and Nagi had chosen a table not to far from them. Omi was staring across the small plane at Nagi, and if Ken wasn't mistaken, the look in his eyes was love. Nagi smiled slightly, and Omi blushed. Without breaking their gazes apart, Nagi slowly, romantically fed Omi a piece of ... something. Omi reached for his wineglass, as did Nagi, and they twined their arms around, and drank from eachothers glasses.

"they..they're..." Ken started.

"In love?" Crawford supplied. "Yes. I know. Why do you think I bumped into Omi that day? I wanted Nagi to be happy. And it was fun with him. Have you ever sat down and talked to him? I mean, REALLY talked to him? He has the most interesting view points. And he's wonderful for a friendly argument. He and Schuldig butt heads occasionally, and when they do, not even I'm certain as to who will come out on top."

Ken smiled. "Wow. I had you guys figured totally wrong, did you know that? I always thought you were the bad guys."

"Not bad guys, guys with bad employers." Crawford corrected. Ken nodded.

"I see that now."

"Would you like to come home with me tonight? I believe its Schuldig's turn to rent a movie. His choices are usually quite... interesting."

Ken thought about it for a moment. "Yes. I'd love to."

--

haha! fooled everyone, didn't I?