Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Endlessly Clear White ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
Title: Endlessly Clear White
Series: Weiss Kreuz
Pairing: ?? / Aya
Rating: G
Warning: AUish, OOC, angsty fluff.

A.N - Set in the surroundings of Villa White, but I don't think there's any spoilers for the first episode.


ENDLESSLY CLEAR WHITE.
------------------------------------

He was cold, so cold his joints were aching and he was falling asleep where he stood waiting.

"This is Bombay," the radio transmitter spluttered to life, "Mission complete - but remember Minna - don't approach the house; we'll rendezvous at the Alpha point in three hours."

"Ryokai," he heard his other two companions answer and added his voice to theirs.

"Right - we need to keep radio silence until then, see you later!" the boy signed off cheerily, and the radio crackled statically in his ear.

Switching the transmitter off, he walked and stood with his back against a tree.

The world about him was white and black as far as his eye could see - white, white snow beneath his feet, and black, black sky stretching vaultlessly above his head; the distinction between them seemed clear.

But as he looked closer, he saw the shades of gray that blended the stark colours together - the black in the white, and the white in the black.

He felt isolated, standing beneath his little tree as if he were the last being alive - it made him feel lonely, absolutely, unbearably lonely. Misery threatened to overwhelm him as he thought about his life and situation - he'd never felt despair so deep before.

He thought about the others, could he really call them his friends? He didn't think so; if a mission required it - if he were to become a black beast, they would hunt him down without mercy or thought.

Slumping down, he sat back on his heels and looked up through the dark tangled mass of branches over his head. The light of a few stars managed to flicker through, suddenly in a tiny trail of light, one fell. Closing his eyes, he prayed as hard as he could to anyone that would listen, and made a wish with all the strength he possessed.


The far off sound of crunching snow bought his attention back to the world about him. Opening his eyes, he looked over the field of snow and waited for whoever walked through it.

A dark figure emerged on the tree line, and as it stepped out onto the snow into the light of the moon, he thought he could see a beautiful angel with ethereally pale skin.

The Man-Angel walked closer and he could see he wasn't clothed as an angel of light; rather he was garbed from head to foot in deepest black and holding a shining sliver of justice loosely in his hand.

Stepping forward he waited, until the Angel now made human stood before him. Without a word, they embraced, and the hurt, loneliness and despair ebbed away.

Looking over the man's shoulder, he thought of the tiny star that had given its life to grant his wish, 'Thank you,' he thought, 'Thank you.'

High above them, the stars said nothing, only continued to shine.

OWARI.