Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Find A Way Back To Your Heart ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Find A Way Back To Your Heart

By: Atsureki

Disclaimers : They're not mine, let's just leave it at that shall we?

Warnings : OCC, shonen-ai, angst, death

Notes : Stuff written in Italic are thoughts.

Prologue

It was hard to breathe, even harder to stay awake but he had to keep on doing the things that seemed impossible. Like, crawling like staying awake, like breathing. No he wasn't crawling he was… he was slithering along the street on his belly like a snake. It was just so hard and it hurt so much.

With a painfilled whimper he managed to move forward a few more inches. He didn't know where he was going and he didn't care at that moment. As long as he could get away from the agony that was his body. His eyes were clouded with tears that made it hard to see but he didn't dare to blink. If he did he wasn't sure he would be able to open his eyes again.

"Help me," he croaked and reached out his hand but there was no one there to help him.

"Please someone help me." He was all alone, he had always been all alone, hadn't he? Trembling he touched his head and cried out. Something sticky was all over him and it was now starting to run down into his eyes messing up his vision even more.

With all his will-power he managed to drag himself a little further down the street but he wouldn't be able to keep that up much longer. He just wanted to rest, sleep for a little while. No, he couldn't close his eyes. He didn't know why but he just couldn't. Stubbornly he forced himself to move again but the pain was killing him.

"PLEASE!?" he called out with his voice hoarse and cracked.

"Please." His pleadings became more quiet.

"Please I don't want to die here." Tears flowed down his cheeks as he squirmed forward again.

"Just please… It hurts so much…" Sobs shock his body and the pain doubled.

"Why…" Coughs interrupted him and made him scream out in agony.

"Why?" No one answered, no one cared. Black spots started to appear infront of his eyes as he clawed the asphalt in a feeble attempt to move forward. The pain made his stomach turn and he weakly heaved. There was nothing more to throw up, nothing more that could leave his body. The moon was shining and its pale light reflected itself in the trail of blood he left behind as he continued to slowly move along.

He had to get help and he had to get it fast before it was too late. There should have been others there to help him but he was alone. His dazed brain didn't have any answers to his questions and he was too tired to really try to find any. All movements had stopped, eyes had closed. His breathing was shallow and his heartbeats almost none-existing. It felt like forever had past but it was actually just a few seconds, minutes perhaps.

With all his might he managed to lift his head up from the pavement. Running forms approached him but he could barely make them out. A familier looking man almost fell down infront of him and yelled something. His eyes started to close again and he didn't fight to keep them open.

"I'm sorry…" he whispered.

"Sorry? Please don't speak, the ambulance is on its way. Just hang on," the crouching man sobbed and dried something off of his forehead, something red.

"I'm sorry I… I couldn't let them… They… I love you…" He couldn't speak anymore, he could barely breathe.

"NO! Don't you dare die on me!" the familier voice yelled. "Please don't leave me, please…" He wanted to answer, he wanted to comfort but his brain had taken all it could, his body was giving up on everything. "I love you too so please stay with me."

He wanted to stay, he really did but it hurt too much. Blackness was eating him and he didn't struggle. He just needed to get away from the pain, the torment. It felt like his body was being ripped apart slowly and he just couldn't stand it anymore. His heart went out to the man that cried hystericly as he begged him to stay.

"You should have let them kill me instead… Please stay?" the pleading voice whimpered. It's not your fault, he thought as he was pulled further into the darkness. I wasn't suppose to live, I wasn't suppose to love you, I wasn't suppose to hurt you this much. Please forgive me?

"It's too late," a second voice said gently.

"NO! Don't touch him! He's still here, it's not too late!"

"He's dead…"

"NO! NO, NO, NO, NO! He's NOT dead! Go away! I… I won't let him die." He couldn't hear them anymore, he wasn't there anymore. Everything was black, cold and empty now.

"It wasn't your fault," the gentle voice whispered.

"How can you say that? I… He… They…"

"It was an accident, it was nobody's fault." Strong arms tried to pull the crying man away from the dead body he clinged to. "He was just trying to protect you…" The soft words meant nothing. "Let go of him. He's gone."

"I can't, I can't let him go," the crouching man cried and hugged the body tighter. "I love him too much."

"I know you do but he's gone. Please come with me now. He wouldn't want you to stay here."

"NO! Don't take him away from me! Please don't take him from me…" Flashing lights painted the wet asphalt in blue as unknown men rushed towards the sceen. They could do nothing though, it was too late. Slowly they lifted up the dead man and placed him on a stretched before covering him with a blanket.

Silence filled the dark street as a man gently lead his friend towards a car. A third one joined them. They were all crying, no one said a word. They had all lost a friend that night but one of them had lost so much more. One of them had lost his everything…

~TBC~