Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Inside a Picture ❯ "Are You Certain?" ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title- Inside A Picture (Renamed) Chapter Three: "Are you certain?"
Author- Locura
Warnings- OOC, AU Strange K+O/O+K (possible KxO)
Archive- Fanfiction.net and www.mediaminer.org other then that if you want it you can have it just tell me where it went!
Disclaimer- My paint is non-toxic so even when I accidentally eat some I have no delusions of owning Weiß Kreuz.
Author Notes- I personally don't like this chapter as much as the others. However I did finally finish it (for all of my laziness). Also on another note there will probably be two more chapters to this instead of the original plan. And for some who have asked, yes, Strings is being working on though slowly b/c of blocks. And on yet another note: there probably will be no more chapters in anything until Friday because of school and the fact my brain wants to explode in gray chunks really badly right now. x.X Anyway, moving on- I hope you Enjoy!

***= Beginning and End and Time changes

***

Persia wouldn't tell him, Omi wouldn't answer his questions, Yohji was still trying to find out who his `mysterious' girlfriend was and hadn't been enlightened about his newfound sexuality, and Manx either didn't know what was going on or had been sworn to secrecy.

All in all Ken was extremely curious about his friend and no one would tell him more then the tiny tidbits Omi himself dropped.

And as everyone knows curiosity killed the cat.

***

Persia was worried. Fujimiya wouldn't stop calling, but that wasn't the problem. In fact it was normal from various perspectives. He and his father before him had called numerous times through years before; bidding relentlessly at the gallery, trying to blackmail the old man, or promising anything to Persia if he`d just give them the gallery. However, it was all for naught because Persia simple wouldn't sell the old gallery especially to a Fujimiya.

And that had been the pattern up until a month ago.

It started then, when the red-haired boy strolled into the gallery, ignoring Persia and Manx, and purposely going into the not quite open new wing. He had looked over the paintings one by one before stopping in front of the only one without a tag out front.

The Painting of a boy in a hammock.

As the man-boys gaze lingered so had it hardened until only chilly fury remained. He had turned around sharply, his heels clicking loudly together and demanded to know how much it was. To which he was rewarded with the answer was that it wasn't for sale.

"What do you want for this picture?" The boys voice snapped and his cheeks tightened in a cold anger that only he and Persia understood.

"It is not for sale and won`t be handed over to a boy such as yourself."

The red-haired man had sneered and frowned again at the picture before walking out the door, his last remark still ringing in the air. "You know as well as I that I will get this picture one way or another."

And that was true.

Sometime they would get the picture, but until then it was Persia's duty to keep him safe. Keep him safe for as long as he could and hope that someone else would be there when he wasn't.

Because the Fujimiya's had tempers, and Aya wasn't an exception. This scene would only result in tragedy.

***

Ken picked up his sketch book and fiddled with it for a moment, knowing that soon a bundle of energy was going to appear and make his evening much more interesting then they were when the other boy didn`t have the energy to come out. And he wasn't disappointed because just as one hand lowered to pull at the wire that bound the sketchpad together so had two arms latch on to him from behind.

Smiling Ken turned around and ruffled the blond's hair. "Hey Omi. Whatcha been up to?"

"Nothing much." The other boy reached up tugged on a lock of Ken's hair. "What about you?"

"Oh, you know the normal. School and Yohji thinking you must be my secret girlfriend."

"Tell me about it again?" Omi looked up at him, bright blue eyes meeting chocolate pleadingly. "Tell me what schools like again?"

"Alright, but then you have to answer one of my questions." Ken slumped down underneath the now empty hammock picture. "That's the rules for today."

Omi pouted but sat down in Ken's lap, a motion that had surprised the older boy at first but now become accustomed to. "Fine, but I get to chose which question I answer."

Ken leaned back on the wall and pulled Omi back with him. "Suites me. So what do you want to know about school this time?"

The other boy laid his cheek back on Ken's shirt and sighed, listening to the other boy's heartbeat. "Tell me about the tree`s and the people there again?"

***

Aya smiled, his nearly bloodless lips raising the smile into a sneer that stood out starkly on his normally expressionless face. He knew what he could do now. He'd get his revenge. The boy would pay.

All he had to do was enlighten the boy who was obviously so smitten with the one trapped in the picture, a few words dropped and the problems would work themselves out with Aya having to do minimal work. It hadn't even been hard finding the information he needed either, the other boy who worked in the gallery supplied it readily, even if he was a flirt.

Revenge is sweet, though as most know a dish best served cold, and this would be no exception.

***

"Why do you like sitting on me so much?" Ken chose his question carefully knowing that if it had anything to do with the younger boys past he'd clam up and disappear for a few days longer then normal.

Omi closed his eyes and leaned harder against Ken's chest. "I was locked away in the picture alone for over twenty years, Ken. I can`t help but love the feel of someone else. It's a very lonely place, the picture."

"Oh." Ken ran his fingers threw the blue-eyed boys hair, now knowing that this relaxed him far better then any thing else he'd tried so far and was the perfect tool to use when about to try a gamboling question. "Omi, why -do- you come out for me and not anyone else anyway?"

Smiling into his friend shirt, Omi relaxed and nearly purred into his friends ministrations. "I like you."

The innocent comment made Ken's hand still for a moment. `In which way did he mean that?' "You do? Why?" He felt like a kid asking why after every sentence but couldn't keep the question from spilling from his lips.

"I`m sorry for not telling you before, but I like you. Your nice and kind and you don`t pressure me too much to know everything about my past." The picture boy sighed and closed his eyes. "You don't hate me for liking you to much, right?"

"O-omi...I-I-" Ken's hands had left Omi's head as he scrambled for words, he'd never thought that the other boy would feel at least something like he felt for him. But in the end Omi didn't give him enough time to answer, he stood up as soon as Ken's hands were removed and looked sadly down at him.

"I`m sorry...I suppose I should go now, shouldn`t I?"

"No! Omi wait!" But the words didn't make it to him, because the moment Ken blinked, the picture boy was gone.

***

Ken took a deep drink of cool water from his water bottle, he knew it was better for his system if he drank lukewarm water but this tasted so much better after a just-for-fun scrimmage out in the park. A small game where he could forget his conflicting emotions and Omi's abrupt flight to the picture.

Turning to wave one last time at his soccer partners he turned off into the twilight to make his way home to the apartment, promising himself every step of the way to stop brooding over what he was going to say to Omi the next chance he got. Mulling over it would only make things worse.

He was halfway home when someone suddenly grabbed him from behind and jerked. His arms flung outwards only momentarily delayed and Ken made a move to strike his attacker when the person let go of him abruptly. Slightly confused Ken turned to see if the person were still around and sure enough the boy was right behind him glaring at him with chips of iced violet.

"I believe I have some information you want." His simple words rang in the chilly night air, and Ken shivered.

***

Persia raised his hand to rub his chest again, there seemed to be a sharp pain and heaviness there that hadn't been there before but he'd already dismissed it as being to active these past few days.

***

Aya sat down in the cafe, handing a mug of black coffee over to Ken. "I`ve heard you`ve been wondering about a certain picture in Persia`s gallery."

***

Slowly he stood and brace himself on his the chair as a wave of vertigo swept over him, the thought that maybe it wasn`t just a case of overdoing it hit him but the old man shook his head in denial. He was fine and that was all he needed to it in keeping himself healthy, belief was a powerful thing.

***

"Yeah, I am." Ken stirred in some cream with and took a sip, making a face at how bitter it was. "But why would you know anything about it?"

***

After a moment of rest, Persia was on his way; shuffling towards the door before the pain hit, growing and spreading down his chest, and threw his arms as his body broke out in a cold sweat as his breath went ragged.

***

Aya`s eyes flashed towards him for a moment before looking away again, out into the dark night and low clouds that promised rain. "I know about it alright. I know everything about it, including the murderer it houses."

***

Slowly sinking to the floor Persia placed a hand over his heart again, before his eyes rolled up into the back of his head.

***

"What do you mean murderer?" Ken placed his mug back down and gripped the hot glass tightly, his knuckles going white. "Omi couldn`t kill a fly!"

***

His body shuddered on the ground and head lolled to the side as it stilled. The shadows from the window would be his only company until the picture boy wondered in. (1)

***

Violet eyes rolled to meet chocolate and Aya sneered. "Are you certain, absolutely certain?"

***

(1) Don't kill me if this is wrong, I personally haven't had a heart attack and no one I've known has survived on. I am nearly clueless.