Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ It's All Relative ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Crawford had booked them into a two-bedroom suite in another hotel. In the adjoining suite Yohji was cleaning and dressing Schuldig's various injuries. The black haired man, Franz Boehler had been his name, had been vindictive and the telepath would be blooming with multiple shades of bruising in a few days. His telepathy didn't appear to be damaged.

In the bath of the other suite Crawford professionally and impersonally examined Aya and found bruised ribs in addition to the cuts on his face and wrists. Aya kept his mouth shut and his eyes on Crawford's cool expression.

"I tried to spare you this."

"Sometimes I think I hate you." Aya slapped his hands away and made an attempt to leave the bathroom.

Crawford drew a bottle of pain killers from his toiletries bag and shook them in Aya's face. "Do you really hate me?"

Aya dropped his angry defensiveness enough to accept two pills. "Maybe not as much."

Crawford put away his first aid kit. Aya waved off the hand offered to assist him and stood on his own to weave on unsteady feet back to the main room. The aroma of real Japanese tea led him to the table. Crawford followed and poured for them both.

"You have questions." It was a statement.

"Tell me about Yohji." Aya said and sipped his tea.

Crawford leaned back in his chair and crossed his legs at the ankles. He looked as handsome and pristine as ever, whereas Aya felt and looked like he had been dragged face first over gravel. The difference irritated the red head since it only emphasized Crawford's earlier comments.

"I'll keep things brief. If he chooses to enlighten you further he may do so. In short, Yohji, like you, was targeted for extermination. It didn't matter that he longer remembered his time with Weiss. Weiss is not forgotten by some people who want them gone. Instead of getting killed, Yohji saw his wife shot down before his eyes. The trauma of losing Asuka yet again was enough to restore his memory."

Crawford paused. Aya concealed his expression with one hand and shakily set his tea down.

"Poor Yohji. None of us can ever escape it, can we? We can never have normal lives."

"That depends on your definition of normal, Aya. If you mean lucrative, successful and satisfying, then we can have very normal lives. Your life is what you choose it to be. It's all relative to how you look at it. Personally, I wouldn't choose to be any different."

"Now, you mean. You weren't too happy under Esset's command."

Crawford inclined his head and raised his cup in a hint of a toast to Aya. "Now. I succeeded in my goal. Schwarz is no longer the dog of Esset."

"Ch'" Aya shook his head at Crawford's obvious pride. "What of Yohji, now?"

"Yohji naturally wants revenge for his wife's death. He won't work for Krittiker. He blames Persia for Asuka's death for not protecting her."

"So you just decided to ask him to join Schwarz?"

"No. I 'saw' him joining Schwarz and we benefit from his inclusion."

Aya allowed himself to slouch in his chair to ease his back and shoulders. The pain killers were just starting to dull the sharp, burning pains. Only in Crawford's company would he indulge himself.

"Does Yohji benefit as well?"

Crawford curled his lips in a small smile. "How much Yohji benefits will be entirely up to him."

"You're being cryptic again. I see why you make Schuldig crazy with it." Aya's glare was mild and his body sagged further in the chair.

"You need some rest." Crawford observed.

"I'm fine." Aya countered. "So Yohji joins Schwarz. Does he trust you?"

"No, but he trusts you."

That made Aya's head hurt and his chest felt squeezed. Yohji trusted him and would follow Aya into Schwarz when Aya still didn't understand his own motives. He curled forward over his knees and fought the urge to retch.

"Stop that." Crawford's voice was a cool command. "There is no reason for this doubt."

"You would say that. You see the future."

"I see possible futures."

"Whatever. The rest of us can only guess and stumble and try to go on."

"Aya." Crawford loosened his stance from leader to lover and pulled Aya from his crouch to lean against his body.

"Don't." Aya tried to push him away. "I need a shower. I still feel that bastard's hands on me."

That made Crawford's eyes glint dangerously. He shifted his embrace to an arm around Aya's shoulders and guided him to the bath.

"Then a shower you'll have. I'd offer my assistance if I didn't know you would take it as an insult. I'm going to check on Schuldig and Yohji. I'll be back."

Aya nodded and stripped the remnants of his stained clothing. He stepped into the shower and wrenched the knob to full hot, letting the nearly scalding water wash over his skin. He scrubbed fiercely with a loofa and an entire bar of soap and still felt soiled. Although Aya hadn't actually been violated the humiliating knowledge that he could have been and unable to stop it left him ashamed and feeling filthy. As he lathered his body over again the humiliation slowly gave way to a bitter, killing rage towards himself. Aya had needed rescuing, again, by Crawford. He vowed silently that it would never happen again.

Crawford knocked on the door to the adjoining suite then just walked inside. Schuldig lay shirtless on the bed on his stomach with a beatific smile on his face. His torso was already turning several lovely shades. Yohji sat in the chair by the bed, smoking and drawing a brush through Schuldig's damp hair. Yohji looked amused by his task and a little like he couldn't believe he was doing it. Crawford only raised an eyebrow, pretty sure that Schu had 'suggested' it.

"Looks like everything is okay in here."

"Ja." Schuldig sighed. Yohji merely shrugged.

"Aya's okay?"

"A little battered. I'm taking care of him." Crawford answered Yohji. Yohji caught the underlying meaning and frowned as he contemplated that. "Don't let Schuldig make you pet him all night. We have an early flight back to the States in the morning."

"What?!" Yohji dropped the brush and rose to his feet. "But what about my revenge?"

"You're trail is cold, Kudou. Don't try to deny it. You'll be more productive when we're home. You may not be a hacker, but I know you can use a computer more than competently. You'll have your revenge."

Crawford closed the door and Yohji stared holes through it.

"Officious bastard."

"He is." Schuldig tugged at Yohji's sleeve and stretched like a cat. "Brush my hair some more?"

"You're a real piece of work." Memories restored, Yohji distrusted Schuldig, but he would trust Aya. If Aya was with Schwarz Yohji would hold his judgement for now.

"I am. Brush my hair." Schuldig grinned pleadingly and waggled his fingers to coax Yohji closer.

Yohji snorted at the display and resumed his brushing. Hell, he didn't have anything better to do except brood and, as long as he brushed, the verbose telepath kept his mouth shut and didn't bother him.

"I heard that." Schuldig pouted.

"You were supposed to. Now shut up or I stop brushing."

Crawford found Aya sleeping. He gave one look towards the second bed and removed his clothes to spoon behind Aya. Aya startled until he heard Crawford's voice shushing him. Crawford gathered him close to sleep for the first time and tried to compose himself for rest. Boehler had touched and hurt what was his. Too bad he couldn't kill Boehler again and make it last longer. Crawford bared his teeth to the darkness in a shark like grin. Boehler was dead, but he had associates. Schwarz would hunt them. Crawford inhaled his lover's clean scent. Oh, yes, he wouldn't change his life. Sometimes it was just too damn satisfying to be him.