Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ It's All Relative ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The burning pain in his shoulders brought Aya to consciousness.  Deeply held instincts had him slitting open one eye.  The unfamiliar surroundings and the realization he was hanging from his bound wrists sent adrenaline surging through his blood.  He fought and won the urge to struggle, to even move and bring attention to himself.  Where was he and what the hell had happened?  Where was Schuldig?  The last thing he remembered was the knock on the door announcing their room service order.

Oh, damn.  Yeah.  Their order had turned out not to be food but a team to capture them.  Obviously there had been a talent involved as Schuldig had been caught unawares also.  The fight had been embarrassingly brief and futile.  Aya's head throbbed and he could still taste the remnants of chloroform at the back of his throat.  He almost wished he could drop back into unconsciousness to escape the increasing pain in his shoulders and back.  His toes dangled just above the floor.

Aya wondered what had happened to Schuldig until the door opened and a bound, gagged and blindfolded man was tossed in to land harshly on the floor.  Blood stained the distinctive mane of orange hair.  At least he was alive.  Aya could see Schuldig's chest moving from beneath the veil of his lashes.

/Schuldig?/

Aya tried to reach the telepath through the team link and received no answer.  Somehow his teammate's ability was still being blocked or Schuldig was deeply unconscious.

"I know you're awake, deadhead.  You can stop pretending."  The mocking voice came from a man with midnight black hair that spilled down his back and blue eyes so pale as to be almost colorless.

Aya tried to jerk his head away when the man grabbed his face in a punishing grip to force eye contact.  Like he was examining a rare specimen, the man turned Aya's face from side to side before drawing his hand back to smash a hard fist into Aya's cheekbone.  The unknown man rained several more blows to his face, chest and abdomen drawing nothing more than a few grunts of pain.  Cruel fingers twisted into red hair and the man hissed into his face, spraying him with spittle.

"Why does Schwarz have a 'normal' with them?"

Aya spit blood on the floor.  "I guess I'm just special."

His sarcasm was rewarded with another blow to the gut right over the recently healed stab wound.  The pain was enough to make Aya's head spin and his vision darken at the edges.

"Where are the rest of Schwarz?  Where are Crawford, the telekinetic, and the madman?"

"I don't know."

A backhand to the face started blood streaming from Aya's nose and a knee to the groin had him retching helplessly.

"Wrong answer, but we can keep playing this game.  Schuldig quit being fun when he quit moving, but it was enjoyable while it lasted.  I owe him and Schwarz more than just a good beating."

/Schuldig, wake up!/  Aya screamed as loudly as he could in his mind.  The telepath moved slightly and Aya heard something very faintly.  /We are in some serious shit here!  Wake up, damn it!/

"It would be a waste to mess up such a pretty face."  Mystery man with a grudge commented.  Aya could almost see the man's mind working as he switched tactics.  "I would prefer to do other things to such a sweet mouth and body instead of breaking it."

Aya couldn't help the shudder of revulsion when the black haired man licked a path from his jaw to his ear.

"So,"  the man purred in satisfaction.   "That gets to you where pain doesn't.  Nice to know.  Let's see how much you can take before you sing for me, pretty bird."

The shackles on his ankles prevented Aya from kicking out at the man who ran exploring hands over his body and under his shirt to feel the skin hidden from his eyes.

/Wake up, you tasteless, color-blind, fashion victim or I swear I'll kill you!/

/Wha?/

Aya squirmed as much as he was able as his shirt was ripped in two and hands descended to the fly of his pants.

"Don't fight me, pretty one, and I'll make your death quick and painless.  I have no grudge against you except for the poor company you keep."

"I'd rather just die first."  Aya bit out and tried to head butt his tormentor.

The black haired man trapped Aya's head in his hands and bit viciously into his lower lip.  Aya gritted his teeth and held perfectly still.  He could finally hear Schuldig whispering in his head that help was coming, to just hang on a little longer.  When his lip was released he flicked his tongue out to test the cut and tried to distract his assailant.

"Why do you hate Schwarz?"

"Why, pretty one?  They destroyed my home, killed my mentor and took away my livelihood.  Just the simple fact they exist at all is enough reason for them to die."  The man stomped around the room in his rage, pausing to kick at the bound figure on the floor.  "We were supposed to be the next step, the masters of you pitiful normal humans!  Schwarz killed the elders and helped bring down the academy.  All those years of work for nothing!  Nothing!"

Aya chuckled, bringing the enraged man's attention back to him.  He parted his lips to smile with blood-stained teeth.  Behind the man's back the door opened silently.

"I'm glad, you bastard, because you are one fucked up excuse for a human being, superhuman or otherwise."

The black-haired man charged forward and squeezed Aya's throat.  As his vision dimmed Aya saw Crawford enter the room and raise his gun.  His captor was too blinded by rage to notice.  A single shot to the head and Aya was finally able to drag in deep breaths of air.  Crawford stepped over the body and holstered his gun in one smooth move.  He sighed and bent down to untie Schuldig.

"See now why you should have stayed in New York?"  Crawford directed the words over his shoulder.

Aya was starting to feel the punishment his body had taken as the adrenaline drained.  His head bobbed with exhaustion .

"At least you didn't stoop to saying 'I told you so.'"  Aya rasped.

Crawford assisted a groggy Schuldig to his feet and turned his hard, amber gaze on Aya.  He spoke to the man standing in the shadows.

"Cut him down so we can get out of here.  I would have preferred you met your teammates in a better fashion, but, as they say, shit happens."

Aya raised his head and his jaw dropped in astonishment when he saw who was cutting through the ropes binding his wrists.

"Yohji?!"