Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ It's All Relative ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The flight to Narita was long and nightmarish. Aya was dragging with fatigue and his increasing worry for Crawford thrummed along his nerves. Adding to his discomfort was a certain telepath who had made lavish use of the liquor cart to quell the minds of the other passengers beating his brain. Although his super fast metabolism kept Schuldig from getting thoroughly smashed he managed to consume enough to make him sloppily sentimental. Most of the flight was spent with Schuldig hanging off Aya's body in some way and petting him gently while he telepathically related stories of Schwarz adventures in between assuring Aya that if Crawford ditched him he would be glad to take Aya as his lover. By the time the plane landed Aya swore to himself that he would never set foot on a plane with Schuldig again without first giving the man some serious tranquilizers, preferably the kind used by big game hunters.

Schuldig draped himself against Aya's back while they waited by the luggage carousel but retained enough presence of mind to obscure any knowledge of their weapons from airport security. A cab dropped them at the entrance of a nice hotel that Aya had a dim memory of being inexpensive but discreet. He booked two rooms and gratefully deposited the semi-conscious telepath on the bed in the first one.

"He's going to see it. He's probably already seen it. We are going to be so dead and it's all your fault for being so stubborn." Schuldig mumbled. "You be sure he knows I'm just an innocent bystander in all this."

"Crawford should have known before he even left how I would react," Aya grumbled and shoved the telepath further onto the bed. "And putting you and the word innocent in the same sentence almost makes me laugh."

Still under the influence of the alcohol, or maybe not, Schuldig planted a hot, vodka flavored kiss on Aya's mouth and asked to be tucked into bed. After yanking off the other man's shoes and pulling the covers over him, Aya staggered through the connecting door and all but collapsed on the nearest bed. A fleeting thought of ordering tea from room service crossed his mind before he collapsed into sleep.

An indeterminate time later insistent pounding on the room door roused Aya from his exhausted sleep. The door had no peephole so he set the chain and cautiously opened the door to find Brad Crawford standing in the corridor with murder in his eyes. Aya let Crawford in and was immediately slammed into the door with a hand at his throat.

"I just fucking knew you wouldn't follow orders,' Crawford grated out from between clenched teeth. His fingers flexed in clear threat. "Why didn't you stay in New York?"

Aya broke his hold and reversed their positions, pinning Crawford's hands to his sides.

"Because while Crawford gives orders, I couldn't let Brad, my lover, take on who knows what without me," He snarled, just as furious.

"You forget yourself, Abyssinian." Crawford said, coldly.

"I forget nothing, least of all how you convinced me that a real team takes care of its members." Aya let him go and stepped back a few paces. "Did you forget that or were you just manipulating me?"

Crawford straightened his suit jacket and smoothed the sleeves without answering. Aya watched him and drew his own conclusions from his lover's silence. He felt cold inside and obscurely hurt.

"Aya," Crawford said. "I came to Japan to bring back a new member for Schwarz."

"You're not answering my question."

Crawford crossed the room to turn Aya to face him. So close, Aya was forced to look up as Crawford was a few inches taller.

"I meant what I said which is why you and Schuldig should have stayed in New York. I foresaw the two of you in trouble, you especially."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"That's the catch-22 of knowing parts of the future. If I say anything I either bring it about or I change it. If I say nothing the same thing could happen." Crawford pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. "It looks like this time your reckless impulsiveness negates either choice I could have made. You're here now and whatever is going to happen will happen."

"I don't need protecting!" Aya stayed focused on the part that distressed him most.

Crawford forced Aya into a chair and stood over him.

"I lead Schwarz. I do what I think is best. It is not an insult to you. Learn the difference, Aya." Crawford glanced at his watch. "I have an appointment in one hour. Stay put until I return. Do not disobey my orders this time, Abyssinian. I will not tolerate it."

Crawford briefly cupped the side of Aya's face and traced a thumb over his bottom lip that was almost, but not quite, pursed in a pout. Aya would have been appalled if anyone even suggested he was capable of such. He closed his eyes and leaned into the touch a bit, his hurt and anger diffusing.

"Brad," Aya murmured just before Crawford covered his lips in a kiss that unlike their previous kisses was harsh and demanding, dominating.

Aya gave himself up to the sensation that easily overwhelmed his doubts. As much as Crawford's cold manipulation and attitude when working chilled him, he craved the warmth of his touch. Aya melted into the kiss, surrendering, and tried not to see it as more manipulation. His pride revolted at the mere thought that he could be swayed so easily. Crawford must have felt the beginning resistance and drew back to hold Aya by the shoulders.

"Stop trying to complicate matters by confusing our professional and personal lives. I kissed you because I wanted to, not as bribery to do as I say." Crawford looked as if he wanted to say more but refrained. "Get some more sleep to counteract the jet lag. If something happens you'll need to be at your best. Wait for my return and tell Schuldig that I won't believe the innocent bystander excuse, but I won't kill him yet."

Crawford left, leaving Aya still wary and uncertain but aching with unfulfilled desire. Schuldig ghosted into the room and rubbed his hand down Aya's back in a caress.

"Considered yourself favored, Aya," Schuldig said with a serious expression. "Before we freed ourselves from Esset, Crawford would have either severely punished or eliminated someone who dared disobey."

Aya gave Schuldig no reply to that. He didn't really know what to say. Schuldig rubbed his back in silent understanding, and Aya mused that Crawford wasn't the only one who had changed. In the past Aya himself would never have let anyone touch him and every new insight into Schuldig's personality continually surprised him. Behind the garish clothes and obnoxious smirk was an intelligent, thoughtful man Aya had come to like a bit.

"Careful, Aya. You'll give me ideas if you keep thinking in such rosy fashion. Just because I'm not quite the bastard you thought I was doesn't mean I'm not selfish and self serving when I want to be." Schuldig had a touch of menace in his demeanor. "I want you too, kitty." Then his face shifted into a genuine smile. "Well, well, want to be monogamous, do you?"

"Must you know my every thought?" Aya moved away from Schuldig's hands.

"It's what I do." Schuldig shrugged. "I keep the team connected. Besides, it's better than Japanese television."

Aya paced between the two rooms until Schuldig grabbed him and forced him to sit. He put the phone in Aya's lap and picked up the remote for the television.

"Instead of pacing order some room service, Aya. You might as well eat if you're not going to sleep. Crawford will return sooner or later. We can eat and watch a movie. I'll pick a horror flick and you can hold me during the scary parts." Schuldig burst into laughter while scrolling through the movie selections. "Oh, look kitty, it's the American remake of 'Godzilla' with Japanese subtitles! I wonder if the voices will match the mouth movements."

Aya glared at the snickering German and purposely ordered a sushi platter with extra Wasabi. Schuldig mimed gagging then narrowed his eyes in concentration. Aya heard himself changing his order to include a burger and fries. Aya dropped the phone and tackled the telepath with enough momentum to send them both off the bed, ending wedged between the bed and the wall. Schuldig leered from his dominant position.

"Why, Aya, all you had to do was ask me."

"Get off!" Aya snarled and shoved.

"Give me five minutes."

"Schuldig!"

"Oh, all right. All right, but you jumped me. Remember that."

Schuldig hauled Aya up from the cramped space and mischievously ruffled his already disheveled hair. He easily dodged the swatting hands to pinch a pale cheek.

"One kiss from your snuggle bear and you're so playful!"

Aya huffed indignantly and stalked away from his teammate's wandering hands.

"I've changed my mind about you, Schu."

"Oh?" Schuldig grinned evilly. "Going to hop into bed?"

"I've decided I don't like you at all."

Schuldig feigned pained horror and clutched his chest before collapsing face down on the bed. Aya rolled his eyes and tugged at his own hair.

"Crawford better get back soon or I'll go insane"