Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ It's All Relative ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Yohji was making his way slow and painstakingly quiet way towards the target's office, using the HVAC ductwork as his own personal conduit. Since it was still early spring he was periodically blasted by a wash of hot air that made his eyes sting from sweat and blown grit. He was broiling inside his leathers that were lightly lined with an armored under layer. His long coat had been left in the car, dismissed as a hindrance. When Yohji had asked his new leader why it had to be him in the ducts, Crawford had replied that he was the skinniest and the sneakiest without a gift to help. Great. A compliment, he supposed, and an insult in one answer.

To distract himself from the cramping in his legs, Yohji let his thoughts drift to the performance he had eavesdropped on the night before with Schuldig's help. If he was being honest Yohji would admit that he had been horribly turned on by what he saw. Who knew that Aya could be so damn sexy and seductive? The way his voice deepened to a rumbling purr had skated along Yohji's nerve endings and set them on fire with lust. Most men would have melted into a gooey submissive puddle by the redheaded sex god. Not Crawford. No, that hard ass had let Aya work his seductive magic without comment and all the while kept a little half smirk on his face as if he were bestowing the favor of his regard on his lover.

Not one to give up, however, Aya kept at it until he finally drew some honest to God responses from the silver haired dictator. He worked every inch of Crawford's body, making a careful study of what worked to best effect, and then exploited every weakness he found. As ruthless and controlled as his lover, Aya had worked over Crawford until the man had been writhing with need on the bed. Yohji snorted quietly to himself in amusement. Crawford had never begged. He had literally demanded that Aya take him and the gleam in his eyes had made it into a challenge Aya couldn't resist.

Schuldig and Yohji had observed all the way through until the climax. By the miracle of Schu's gift, the orgasms had rolled through the link to lay waste to them both. Yohji had come back to himself breathing in desperate gasps and his pants sticking to him unpleasantly. When he could move again he turned to see Schuldig in a similar state.

"Is it always like that with them and do you always peek?" Yohji asked.

Schuldig smiled back. "No, it's not always that, ah, explosive, and I don't watch them most of the time."

"Honor among assassins?"

"You make it sound impossible," Schuldig retorted but his eyes held a hint of sadness. "As satisfying as it sometimes is, second hand sex gets old after a while."

"So you do want him?"

"Drop it, Kudou," Schuldig warned. "You may think you know what makes me tick, but you would be surprised at how much you are getting wrong."

"Sorry," Yohji mumbled. "I didn't mean to pry."

"Of course you did. You wouldn't be you if you didn't, and I wouldn't be me if I didn't do this."

Schuldig used his inhuman speed and took advantage of Yohji's sprawled state to suddenly appear behind the couch, holding Yohji's head in place on the cushion. Yohji saw upside down blue eyes sparkling with mischief for a second before Schu dipped his head to take Yohji's lips in a hot, dominating kiss. Before he could tangle his hands in orange hair to take the kiss further, Schuldig was gone. The redhead had reappeared in the archway of the den smiling at Yohji's open mouthed shock and saying good night.

By this morning Yohji had been able to keep a blank face while facing his three new teammates at the breakfast table. It seemed all three had gotten much more rest than he. Yohji preferred to blame it on lingering jet lag rather than the thoughts that had kept him awake most of the night. He had been bombarded by a lot of revelations in a very short time and needed time to process all the new information.

It was Crawford's morning to cook and the meal was Western style. Yohji had been further surprised when the man actually asked his preference in how he liked his eggs before turning back to the stove. He had figured Crawford would have just cooked what he wanted and expected everyone to like it. Even more surprising was the careful and correct way Crawford brewed a cup of tea for Aya before sitting down to eat with the rest of them. That small act went a long way warming Yohji towards Crawford.

Now, his legs cramping from squatting for what felt like hours just behind the vent above the target's office, Yohji's thoughts were much less charitable. He wished fervently the others would hurry the hell up and arrive before he shriveled from dehydration and the blasting heat. He knew Crawford and Aya had to make their way up to the office floor by floor, taking out any minions as quietly as possible with Schuldig using his power to keep anyone ahead of them from noticing the noise.

Yohji had wanted to know if he should take out the target on his own if he was in a good position. Crawford had answered negatively. None of them were effective at computer hacking and they needed the target to log in to his computer before they killed him.

"Why can't Schuldig just snatch the passwords from his mind?" Yohji had asked.

"Because, Balinese, our target is a Rosenkruz trained talent. A sonic to be more exact." It was obvious Crawford disliked explaining his decisions. Well, too bad. He was still the leader, but this was a new Schwarz. "A sonic's mind is constantly flickering. Even a powerful telepath, and Schuldig is the most powerful ever born, can not get past the mental interference to read anything useful. The same interference also blocks my precognition. Because Schuldig can not read him and I can't foresee what he will do, this talent, Jager, will be one of the most dangerous men we eliminate. We will use our powers to the extent we can, but our greatest weapon will be the element of surprise."

"So, I'll be sneaking through the ductwork to get above his office. That's part of the surprise?"

"Yes," Crawford replied. "Your inclusion in the team is so recent that Jager won't have had time to know about you being with us. Once we actually eliminate his men and get to the office you will drop down from the ceiling and use your wire to immobilize him. You'll have to be quick and accurate. A sonic's talent is their incredible speed. If you don't get him on the first try he could conceivably kill us all before we blink twice."

"Is he worth the risk?" Aya asked.

"Absolutely," Crawford answered, his eyes warming as he gazed at his lover. "Hans Jager is one of the most ruthless Hunters Rosenkruz ever produced. His presence here in the United States means he is part of the ring rounding up children looking for talented kids to kidnap. I also have reason to believe that he had a hand in orchestrating the hits on you and Yohji. Jager would have known about Weiss' involvement in the crippling of Esset. Once he is dead and we have his hard drive, we will possibly have access to more of his contacts and information."

"Why do you think he would have any information like that on his computer? It could be hacked, you know." Aya looked skeptical.

"One, everything they put down is in a code taught only to Hunters at Rosenkruz, and two, Hunters are notoriously arrogant. Jager would never believe that he could actually be taken down despite the defeat of the elders of Esset. His arrogance, just like theirs, will be his end."

"And once he accesses his computer and we kill him what good is the information to us if it's encoded?"

"I can read it, Balinese." Crawford said, his honey brown eyes glittering with remembered malice. "I was trained as a Hunter. Ask Schuldig sometime how he was found and brought into Rosenkruz."

/We're here, Yohji./ Schuldig's voice pierced his mind. Yohji winced. Despite the advantage of silence, he still preferred communicators over a telepathic link.

/It's about time./ Yohji thought back. /He's been pecking at his laptop for a while now with a nasty grin on his face while I'm fucking roasting up here./

/Bitch, bitch, bitch. I'll give you a warm bath and rub down those sore muscles for you when we get back./

Who knew you could splutter incoherently and blush while also radiating lust through a telepathic link? Yohji must have because he could hear Schuldig snickering in his head.

Schuldig and Crawford burst through the office door with guns drawn after Aya kicked it in. Jager immediately recognized the two Rosenkruz alumni and just as Yohji dropped from the ceiling grabbed his own gun and started firing. Gods, the man was fast! Yohji had never seen him go for the gun. Jager got off three shots before Yohji's wire sang out to settle over his body. Yohji jerked it tight with a snarl, cutting into the flesh and pinning the man's arms to his sides. The man struggled and spit curses furiously, damning their parentage and threatening prolonged death, but he had no allies left to hear him.

A stifled grunt of pain got their attention as Aya sheathed his katana. Somehow the bastard had got him. Blood poured in a steady stream from the side of his neck and dripped to the floor. As one, Crawford and Schuldig turned with identical snarls of pure rage to empty their guns into the wire tangled target. Beyond anger himself, Yohji threw a second loop of wire and yanked with enough force to sever the man's head, blood fountaining up to splatter Yohji's face and clothes with war paint.

Schuldig ran to Aya and used his bandanna to wipe away the blood so he could see the injury.

"Just a graze," Schuldig exhaled in relief. "It's only superficial. If you had been a millisecond slower, kitten, he would have got you through the jugular."

"I'll be grateful later, Schu. Crawford has the laptop. Let's get the fuck out of here." Aya groused.

Yohji was unreasonably pissed that Aya had been injured, despite the hazards they all courted by being assassins. Crawford was a fucking precognitive! You would think he would at least use his gift to keep his lover from danger, Yohji fumed to himself. Schuldig caught the thought and glanced at Yohji before assisting Aya to his feet.

/I suggest you keep that to yourself, Yohji. Neither one of them would appreciate what you are implying, although I don't like seeing Aya hurt either./

Crawford shut down and tucked the laptop under his arm. He snapped a new clip into his gun before they made their exit just as the digital clock on the desk flipped to midnight, March third.

"We just killed one of the men directly involved in your wife's death. You got to decapitate him yourself. Happy Birthday, Balinese."

Crawford led the way back to the car while Schuldig and Yohji surreptiously watched Aya walk out on his own. He had shaken off their assistance but was deathly pale. Yohji glared at Crawford's back. The arrogant fuck didn't even have a drop of blood on his suit. Schuldig clasped Yohji's blood slick hand in his own, squeezing tightly until Yohji's anger subsided. Aya was hurt, but he would be fine. The target was dead.

"Happy Birthday to me," Yohji muttered under his breath. "Fucking grand. I made it through another year."

"This will be a better year, Yotan. You'll see." Schuldig smiled at him while keeping one eye on Aya.