Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Like That - Sometimes ❯ Those Crummy Moments We Call...Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Life's Like That - Sometimes

Chapter One: Those Crummy Moments We Call…Life

Omi clenched his teeth and pulled a pillow over his head as the steady sounds of a bed moving and of uneven breathing filled his mind. "Shut up, shut up, shut *UP*," he hissed at the wall, tensing at the gasps and moans that were now being sounded, growing steadily in volume. He closed his eyes, waiting for what he *knew* was coming next…

"Y-Y-Y-*YOHJI*! OH GOD *YOHJI*!"

Omi gnashed his teeth and rolled onto his stomach at the sounds Ken was making in the next room. It was bad enough they were so damned lovey-dovey in the day. Bad enough he had to cover double-shifts because Yohji kept whisking Ken off for an afternoon of passion. Bad enough he had to actually *listen* to the two make love at all hours of the day and night. And it was definitely, the worst of all, that he got absolutely *no* sleep anymore. And the worst, worst, WORST of it was that he wasn't getting any so he couldn't even get revenge by keeping *them* up the few nights they decided to sleep.

And to complicate matters even more, Omi had a crush on Yohji.

Yes, a crush. Omi wasn't sure how bad off he was, but he was sure it was pretty bad. Bad enough that he'd gotten to the point of stealing Yohji's clothes out of the laundry so he'd have *something* of the blonde's. Bad enough he wandered into liquor and tobacco stores, loving the smell because it reminded him of Yohji. So bad he'd even helped Yohji arrange a romantic evening for him and Ken on their first anniversary - not because he supported their relationship, but because one look into those jade eyes and Omi was totally won over. If Yohji had looked into his eyes, and then told him to go eat mud, he'd do it. Simply because Yohji said so.

Omi let out a frustrated moan and angrily slipped out of bed, storming out of his room and towards the room besides his that fairly reeked of sex. He knocked loudly, adding on second thought, "YOHJI! KEN! OPEN UP!" just incase they couldn't hear his knocks over their own labored breathing. There was the faintest squeaking of bedsprings, the sudden flurry of sheets being rearranged and the sound of Yohji cursing before the door opened.

"Omi? What're you doing up?" Yohji demanded, faking a yawn that completely contradicted the sounds Omi had been hearing and the fact he was covered in sweat, and that he hadn't even bothered to put his pajama pants on right.

Omi rolled his eyes, forcing back the desire to reach forward and fix Yohji's pants - something that would have resulted in a mortified Omi, a hysterical Yohji, and a furious Ken. Oh God, he could hear the jealous soccer player's yells now: Don't you dare lay a hand on Yohji! Especially below the waist, you twisted little brat! If Omi had been able to gain some sleep in the past few weeks, he might have found humor enough in his own thoughts to smile.

Unfortunately he hadn't so nothing humorous was to be found in the situation.

"You *know* perfectly well why I'm up," Omi said, glaring up at the older man and adding a scowl for good measure.

Yohji feigned innocence. "No I don't. Did your Internet connection time out or somethin'?"

"No it did NOT! I was NOT online at TWO IN THE MORNING! I was TRYING TO SLEEP unlike SOME people, Yohji-KUN!"

"What are you saying, bishounen?" Yohji asked, leaning down until he was eye-to-eye with a furious Omi.

Blink.

"Nothing," Omi replied dreamily, fixating his eyes on Yohji's. Ooh…he was fairly melting in their green depths…

"Okay then. Good night."

Slam.

Blink.

Realization sunk in.

And…ouch.

Omi glared at the closed door and stormed back to his own room, yanking down the sheets and crawling into bed and letting out a despairing cry as he realized he'd thrown his sheets onto the floor. Grumbling profusely, he crawled down the length of the bed to gather the sheets up, only to hear the two next door starting up again as he settled against the headboard. Omi let out a whimpering moan. "Nooo…" he sniffled at the situation and pulled the covers up over his head and burrowed underneath his pillow, hoping to block out the sounds.

No such luck. He could hear Yohji's gasps…and…Omi sat upright, his face burning as the sounds became very clear. Yohji was playing *submissive*? Oh God…Omi's face was burning a brilliant red as all sorts of images popped into his mind, all involving an uke Yohji. Omi clamped his hands over his ears and lay back down, desperately trying to chase away the thoughts that kept arising without his consent.

Think about…um…nice cold showers. Mmm…think about Yohji in the shower - d-oh! No! Think about math! Think about how…one plus one equals two. Two plus two equals four. Yohji plus Omi equals- AGH! STOP! Um…think about flowers! Think about that flower arrangement you're making, the one with the cattleyas - Yohji loves cattleyas …d-oh! Think about…oh, anything but Yohji!

Tossing and turning, Omi was sure he'd never get a wink of sleep that night. But as the sounds in the room next to him slowly quieted and as the tolls of being a teenage boy, an assassin, and having over-worked hormones worked on him, he fell asleep quickly and deeply.

Thinking very hard about how he would NOT think about Yohji anymore that night.

#@#@#@

"Where's Ken?" Yohji wondered aloud, stumbling down the stairs around ten the next morning. He yawned and headed straight for the coffeepot. Ten a.m. was *very* early after all, considering the time he had finally collapsed from sheer exhaustion last night and all.

Aya shrugged and turned a page of the business section, his upper lip drawing back into a snarl as whatever he read did not meet with his approval. "Stocks are going down again," he complained.

"Great. I'm so thrilled to hear it," Yohji replied dryly, drinking noisily from his coffee mug.

Aya looked up at glare at the blonde. "Idiot. Stocks going down are NOT GOOD! And don't slurp when you drink, you slovenly pig."

Yohji slurped louder.

"Good morning!" Aya scowled at the unsuitably happy greeting and Yohji's face lit up as Ken bounded into the kitchen, his hands full envelopes. "I got the mail!"

"Who delivers mail in the morning?" Aya grumbled, looking disgusted as Yohji proceeded to pull the brunette into a long, drawn-out kiss. "This isn't a freaking burlesque house!"

"You're just sore 'cause *you* haven't got anyone," Yohji said, giving Aya a dirty look as he released Ken.

Ken stumbled a few steps back from him, an even bigger grin on his face than before. "Aya, you got some mail. Something from a hosp-" Aya jerked the envelope out of Ken's hand before the soccer player could finish. Ken gaped and added touchily, "And you got something else but if you're gonna be such a creep about it-" Aya tore that out of Ken's hand too.

"I'm never getting the mail again," Ken insisted, turning back to his lover and flashing him a smile. "You got lots of letters, Yohji," Ken said, glowering as he figured most of them were from the fan girls that still flocked their shop daily.

Yohji accepted the pile Ken was handing to him and flipped through it, before throwing the whole stack in the trash, unopened. "Wasteful," Aya stated. "We could've used their stamps again and saved money!"

Yohji arched an eyebrow at him. "You're crazy, Aya."

"Why'd you throw them all away?" Ken pressed.

Yohji gave him a cheery smile, "'Cause they weren't from you, Kenken." Ken glowed and Aya looked inclined to being sick at such cheery, open affection.

A moment later, a haggard and exhausted looking Omi stumbled into the kitchen. "Good morning," Ken said pleasantly, opening the refrigerator. "You want some orange juice too, Omi?" Ken went on, pouring himself a glass.

"No," Omi replied, looking sourly at him and sounding *very* cranky.

"Something wrong?" Ken asked, sitting down next to Omi and taking a long drink of orange juice.

Yes. You and your boyfriend keep me up all night and you keep making thing dirty thoughts so my innocent reputation is being tarnished and what makes it worse, I've got a huge crush on your boyfriend and if he doesn't stop smiling like that at you I'm gonna SCREAM!

"No. Just tired." Omi yawned and lay his head down on the table, closing his eyes. "I couldn't sleep last night."

"Wonder why," Yohji said, smirking at the blonde and finishing his coffee. He sighed and stretched before heading out the kitchen, pausing to drop a kiss on Ken's forehead and to ruffle Omi's hair.

Ken smiled happily at the attention and reached across the table to steal the Sports section from Aya while Omi looked furious at Yohji's treatment at him. "I'm not five freaking years old," he grumbled.

"Did you say something, bishounen?" Ken asked absently.

Omi's eyes widened. "DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME THAT! THAT'S *YOHJI'S* NAME FOR ME!"

Ken and Aya both looked up at the sheer velocity of Omi's voice, but it was too late. Omi was gone. "What's wrong with him?" Ken wondered.

Aya simply smirked and turned to the International News sections.

#@#@#@

"Hey." Ken jolted as a pair of warm arms slid around his waist from behind and a warm pair of lips nipped tenderly at his neck.

Ken smiled as he recognized his lover and relaxed into his arms. "Yohji. Don't sneak up on me like that."

Green eyes opened to stare adoringly up at him. "You know you love it." Ken shook his head, a small smile playing on his lips. A mischievous smile spread across Yohji's lips in return and he nudged Ken playfully in the back with his hip. "C'mon. Say you love it." Ken tried to suppress a smile and shook his head, dark brown strands falling into his eyes as he did so. Yohji's smile widened at this surprisingly cute and vulnerable gesture and he reached out to brush the strands away, still murmuring coaxingly, "C'mon, say you love it." No response. "Keeen…"

"I don't, I hate it when you sneak up on me." But the upturning of his lips betrayed his words and dark eyes laughed recklessly at Yohji.

"Liar," Yohji growled low in Ken's ear. "You know what happens to boys who lie, Ken?"

"No, I don't. Enlighten me, O Wise Yohji-kun."

Yohji slipped over the sarcasm to say instead, "They get punished, Kenken."

"O horrors," Ken replied dryly, turning around in Yohji's arms and pushing against his chest lightly, applying just enough pressure to send Yohji stumbling a few steps away. "Tsk tsk, Yohji, we're supposed to be working on flower arrangements. Aya will have your head."

"And what about yours," Yohji returned, smiling at the rebuke and straightening his apron as he turned to water some flowers.

"I'll blame it all on you." Ken stuck his tongue out at his lover and got sprayed in the face with the hose for his efforts. Dripping and shocked, Ken simply stared before shouting in outrage, "YOHJI!"

"What was that about blaming it all on me?" the blonde replied, waving the dripping hose at Ken threateningly.

"Oh, now this is *war*, Kudou," Ken growled, picking up a large handful of potting soil.

Yohji was laughing. "What are you going to do to me, Ken? Beat me with a flow-HEY!" Yohji gasped in astonishment as he was hit in the face with a handful of soil. "I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS HIDAKA!"

"Maybe you'd rather kiss it," Ken replied sweetly, turning and presenting the object in question for Yohji's perusal. The blonde sprayed him again with the hose and Ken yelped, throwing more soil at him.

Yohji glared, blonde strands weighed down with dirt hanging limply in front of his eyes. "Ne, Yohji," Ken protested nervously, taking a step back as Yohji took one menacing step forward. "Don't look so scary!"

"Run." Yohji growled out his warning before lunging at the brunette. Ken burst into a fit of laughter, jumping out of the way just before Yohji's hands caught hold of him. "Run *fast*," Yohji clarified as Ken stared at him, wide-eyed and laughing. Ken's eyes widened even more and he began to run, the lanky form of his lover close behind him. "Gotcha!" Yohji cried out as he wrapped his arms fiercely around Ken and knocked them both over into several huge backs of topsoil, sending up a cloud of dirt and laughter.

"You stupid idiot," Ken grumbled, propping himself up on one arm to glare down at the other man who was lying flat on his back, his body shaking with silent laughter and his eyes closed. "You got us both all wet and dirty."

Yohji cracked open why eye to give him a little smirk and managed to stop laughing long enough to say, "Great. We can take a shower together and get all nice and clean."

"You mean so you can get a nice lay," Ken replied, the laughter in his eyes contradicting his fierce scowl.

Yohji grinned up at the man who was currently dripping water all over him and pulled him down to give him a firm kiss, saying, "Come here. You look cute when you're wet."

#@#@#@

Omi bit down fiercely on his lower lip, turning away from the undeniably sweet scene he had just witnessed. In everything that they did, they seemed to be so matched and affectionate and…and so in goddamned love! Tears were smarting in blue eyes and he lifted a trembling hand to dash away at them, leaving a streak of dirt across his face. Oh God, he was so stupid. After witnessing a scene like *that* between the two…there was little hope he could ever intrude.

And he didn't even want to. What made it all the worse was that Omi was genuinely happy that his friends had been able to find love and happiness despite their line of work and the pasts they'd both worked to overcome. And yet…he *so* wished they hadn't found it in each other.

Omi sniffled, bringing up his dirt-covered hand to wipe at his again and his nose this time too. It wasn't fair. Not only did he have to deal with normal teenage angst, he had to deal with the fact he was a teen with gay tendencies, he had to sleep in the room next to his object of affections and his lover, *and* he had to be an assassin.

Omi sneezed pitifully. And he had allergies. Life really sucked at times.

Aya turned around to glare at Omi. "What the hell d'you think you're doing, just sitting there, when there's flowers to be sold? And where the hell is Kudou and his little bed warmer? There's money to be made out here!" Omi stared up at him with huge, pathetic, teary blue eyes. Aya scowled at him. "WELL? Get to work!"

Omi sighed as he headed back towards the front of the shop, leaving Aya to discover Ken and Yohji fooling around in the backroom.

This was one of those sucky moments Life threw at you sometimes for *sure*.

TBC…

AN: Oh dear, poor Omi-kun. I suppose I'll hafta write more and sort this all out, ne? But then…we all know what fic-writers crave…reviews…no pressure though. ^^;; Hope you enjoyed what I've got written so far and happy Weiss-ing! [Not that that makes sense in the slightest bit but whatever :p]