Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Magnitude ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Schwarz. *sobs.* But they're so fun to write so I'm borrowing them. I don't own 'Stay Together For The Kids' by Blink 182 either.

Warnings: Domestic Violence, Yaoi/Shonen Ai. BradxSchu, Nagi+Schu.

Notes: I realized that the only Schwarz members I've written about extensively was Schuldich and Farfarello when the plot bunny for this fic appeared. Listening to Stay Together For The Kids by Blink 182 only made it grow.

I also changed the lyrics slightly so that the she in the second verse is now he. Fits better.

In no way do I approve of domestic violence, but it's a reality that many have to deal with. As always, I write about mature themes so read at your own caution.

Magnitude

By DragonSoul

It's hard to wake up,

When the shades have been pulled shut.

This house is haunted,

It's so pathetic,

It makes no sense at all.

A cry of pain echoed through the penthouse, shattering the late night silence. Gunmetal blue eyes cracked open sleepily, the teen in the bed about to dismiss the noise as a dream and go back to sleep when angry voices, muted by the walls, met his ears. They're fighting again... Oh Schu...

Naoe Nagi slipped out of the bed, torn between ignoring the fighting as usual and going back to bed, or going to help his friend. Why can't they just get along? Anyone can see that they love each other... The thought hurt. Nagi had loved or been in love with Schuldich since the older man had kept Brad from doing anything more than slapping him. That had warranted a severe beating for the older man, one which Nagi saw all the results of as he bandaged up the German's bruised body. I can't take this anymore. Brad and Schuldich fought almost constantly now. Even Farfarello noticed and it only agitated his troubled mental state more, making him harder to deal with which Brad would then blame on Schuldich. After all, he was the guilty one by his own confession.

Glass shattered and there was a startling bang. Brad had probably thrown Schuldich over the couch, knocking it over with the German's momentum. The sounds of fighting escalated, Schuldich screaming at the American in a mix of japanese and german, anger making him unintelligible. His shields had come down too and he was projecting his rage, an answering anger rising up inside of Nagi, waking his dormant gift. Damn it Brad, why do you do this to him!? Mind surprisingly clear, Nagi opened his door and strode down the hall, stopping in the doorway of the living room, face deceptively calm while rage glittered in diamond hard eyes. "Having fun, Brad?"

Both Brad and Schuldich's heads turned in his direction, shocked away from their fight. Schuldich was sprawled on the floor, livid bruises already forming on his bare chest and face, small cuts from broken glass slicing in vermilion lines down his arms. His eyes widened in shock, anger and shame when he caught sight of the teen in the doorway, silenced by the pure emotion in the gaze that trapped his.

Crawford stood over him, anger plain on his face, knuckles abraded and bleeding slightly but otherwise unharmed. So Schu didn't even get a chance to hit back. Bastard.

I'm ripe with things to say,

The words rot and fall away.

What stupid poem,

Could fix this home,

I'd read it everyday.

"I asked you a question Crawford. Are. You. Having. Fun?" A dim glow coalesced around Nagi as he drew on his power, pinning the taller and heavier man in place. "Well are you?" He smiled grimly, afraid of the man he had trapped, but afraid of what would happen if he backed down now.

"Go to bed, Nagi. This is none of your concern." Brad's face was impassive, betraying none of his thoughts.

"None of my concern? I don't think so, Brad." Nagi crossed the room, aware of Schuldich's gaze resting upon him. "Because you see, I don't appreciate being woken by you beating Schu up. I don't like the idea that you can hit him and he can't hit back." His voice dropped by the time he was directly in front of the precognitive, staring up at him with hate filled eyes, voice a mere hiss. "You're pathetic."

The older man growled low in his throat, impassive mask cracking to show his anger at the idea that one of his pawns was standing up to him. "Nagi..."

The teen's hand connected with Brad's face, the sound ricocheting through the apartment. "Shut up! I don't want to hear it anymore, Bradley. You may have pushed us around by using your power to aid you, but no more. I'm stronger and I'm not going to put up with this!"

Schuldich stirred, pushing himself up from the floor, spellbound by the diorama playing itself out in front of him. "Nagi..."

The slim teen pivoted to look at the red-head. "Stay out of this, Schuldich." A small smile curved his lips. "As Brad so surreptitiously said earlier; This is none of your concern."

"Dammit, Naoe, release me now." Brad growled, struggling against the invisible bonds that held him. Nagi turned to regard him with amused eyes.

"Don't like it so much now that you can't fight back do you, Crawford? " Nagi smiled caustically and flicked his fingers, power bending to his will and sending the American flying into a wall. "How does it feel to be helpless, Brad?"

So here's your holiday,

Hope you enjoy it this time,

You gave it all away.

Nagi stood in the middle of the living room, watching as Crawford pushed himself to his feet, wiping blood from his lips. "Well, still having fun?"

The American glared at him, reaching up to adjust his glasses, one lens cracked from a blow the teen had dealt him earlier. "Enough, Naoe. You've made your point."

Nagi chuckled, smiling maliciously at the older man. "I don't think so. I've only just begun." The glow around him brightened, all the glass in the room shattering with a cacophony of noise. "They do say revenge is a dish best served cold, ne? Well this one's frozen." A brief gesture sent the man flying, drywall fragmenting from the impact. Before he had a chance to recover, Nagi sent Crawford headlong into the opposite wall.

Nagi turned to look at Schuldich, head cocked inquisitively. "Anything you want to add, Schuldich? Or should I just continue as I have been?" The telepath shook his head, eyes widening. Brad had staggered to his feet and moved before Nagi could react, delivering a punishing undercut to the teens stomach.

Nagi dropped to his knees, out of breath. His head snapped up, eyes blazing the same hue as the glow surrounding him and locked on Crawford. "Wrong move." The older man was lifted off his feet as the air surged and was slammed against a wall, the pressure never letting up, keeping him from drawing a full breath.

It was mine,

So when you're dead and gone,

Will you remember this night?

Twenty years now lost,

It's not right.

Nagi stood, walking calmly over to the man pinned to the wall. "I could kill you, Brad. One thought and you'd be dead." He emphasized his point by placing one hand on the American's chest, the pressure exerted by his gift driving the air from the man's lung, ribs creaking audibly under the stress. "It would be messy and extremely painful for you, but I wouldn't regret it."

For the first time since Nagi had met him, Crawford eyes were full of fear. "Don't..." He gasped, fighting for breath.

A slim brow quirked. "And what's to stop me? Unlike you, I don't live under Esset's shadow. I could kill you and walk away. They can't touch me."

A weak chuckle escaped the pinned precognative's throat. "You're deluded."

Midnight eyes widened in confusion. "What?"

Brad sneered at the teenager, heedless of the danger he was in. "If you think you can walk away from Schwarz and escape Esset's notice then go right ahead and try. Esset or Rosenkreuz won't hesitate to snap up one of the strongest telekinetics ever recorded."

Nagi's eyes darkened in rage. "Shut up!" A series of wet snaps broke the silence after his outburst as he leaned on the hand pressed to Brad's chest. The American paled, gasping in agony when several ribs cracked simultaneously. "Don't piss me off, Brad. It's not a good idea."

"Stop it Nagi!! You've done enough!" Schuldich yelled, face white, emphasizing the blazing color of his eyes and hair.

The anger hurts my ears,

Been running strong for seven years.

Rather than fix the problems,

They never solve them,

It makes no sense at all.

"Stay out of this Schuldich." Nagi turned angry blue eyes on the telepath, who was glaring at him openly. The German shook his head, hair swirling around his face. He shoved himself up off the floor, eyes narrowed.

"Stop now Nagi. You never should have gotten involved."

Brad fell to the floor as the telekinetic turned his focus to the German, not employing his powers yet. "Don't tell me what to do Schuldich. He's had this coming for a while."

Glacial green eyes pinned the teen where he stood as Schuldich drew one of his guns swiftly, training it on the slim telekinetic. "Just as you wouldn't hesitate to kill him, I wouldn't hesitate to kill you either, Naoe."

The anger fled from Nagi's eyes, replaced by despair. "Schuldich--"

"Urusei. Don't talk to me." The gun never wavered. "Schwarz does not need traitors."

"I--" Nagi cut himself off, all emotion draining from him, leaving him empty and pathetic, power receding back into dormancy. His hands dropped to his side, pride shattered. "Then shoot me. I've lost your trust, I'm useless now." He met the German's eyes, telling him to go through with it.

Schuldich pulled the safety back, finger tightening on the trigger, giving the telekinetic one last chance.

I see them everyday,

We get along so why can't they?

If this is what he wants,

And it's what he wants,

Then why's there so much pain?

"Schuldich, stop." Brad's voice was pained but clear. Schuldich opened his hand and the gun clattered to the floor, glancing over at the American who was hunched over slightly, one arm wrapped around his ribs. Nagi didn't move, just stood in the middle of the ruins that remained of the living room while Brad limped over to him. "Why?"

"I don't know." The voice was subdued, a shadow of what had been five minutes earlier.

"You do."

"...Hai, I do." The admission was spoken without inflection, monotone, arctic.

"Then why?"

"Because I'm tired of this. I'm just tired, Crawford. I'm twice the age I should be in terms of experience. I should be a normal teen, going to school, hanging out with friends, living in an average house with a messy room." Nagi looked the eldest member of the team in the eyes, his own dry and emotionless. "I hate myself."

"A bid for attention then."

"Iie."

"Then what?" Brad's eyes were hard, assessing. Schuldich just watched impassively, awaiting the judgement.

"An escape."

So here's your holiday,

Hope you enjoy it this time,

You gave it all away.

"You want to leave."

"Iie." A brow arched, golden eyes appraising him. "I want release. I want death."

"We can't give you that Nagi." A soft voice, cold, the emotions hidden reprimanded him. Nagi smiled grimly. Schuldich understood.

"Hai, I know. But one can try, ne?" The final admittance. His walls crumbled and he fell and fell hard, nothing there to catch him. He sobbed silently, without tears.

Golden eyes met jade and acknowledgement was exchanged in an instant. Brad lashed out, catching the boy on the temple. Nagi collapsed and Schuldich caught him, a regretful expression breaking his mask briefly. "Sorry Nagi."

It was mine,

So when you're dead and gone,

Will you remember this night?

Twenty years now lost,

It's not right...

It's not right.

~*~

Okay... This fic is majorly weird... I tried to keep them as in character as possible and from my view, I succeeded. I hope everyone agrees. >_<

BTW, this is dedicated to my favorite authors, CWchan, Ochiba, Sadistic Paperclip, Enigma, P.S. Speare, and Pickles to name a few. Hope you enjoyed this guys!!

Please R&R... I've been writing all day.

I think my need for Farf's coat is growing. I am most definitely certifiable.