Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Moving Forward ❯ Moving Forward ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: This is the first side story to my fic `Building Our Tomorrow'. You don't have to read it to know what's going on in the other story, though some of this will make more sense if you've read BOT, but I just had to write this piece of ON fluff. This takes place sometime during chapter 4 of BOT, approximately two months before Aya joins Weiss.
 
Disclaimer: It's not mine. They're not mine. I have no money, so suing me would be a waste.
 
Warnings: shounen ai, mild language
 
 
Internal Dialogue
Telepathy
 
Moving Forward
 
Things were changing between the two of them, he could tell. Gradually, over the last several months, things were becoming more awkward when they were together. Nagi distinctly recalled several occasions when they were together where incidental touches made his face heat up. Of course, Omi was no better, what with blushing nearly every time the telekinetic looked at him. Now, here they were, sitting on the floor in their penthouse bedroom, sending one another covert glances.
 
“This is ridiculous,” the blonde broke the silence. “We both know how we feel; it's not as if we can really hide it.” The archer was as frustrated with the situation as his friend was.
 
“I know,” the telekinetic sighed. “But it's just so, so…” Nagi threw his hands up.
 
“Confusing?” Omi suggested.
 
“No, not so much,” the brunette continued trying to put into words what he was feeling. “It's just that we've been friends for so long, and I guess I just wasn't expecting this.” Omi was at a loss for what to say; he was thinking pretty much the same thing. Now, they were just trying to figure how to go about dealing with these new feelings. They both wanted the same thing, to start a relationship. There was one question that was constantly bothering them, though; what if it didn't work out? Neither wanted to lose the other's friendship, and there was also the potential for royally screwing up the team dynamic if they ended up at each others' throats. However, neither Nagi nor Omi could continue to ignore their growing attraction. They were, after all, healthy, hormonal teenage boys.
 
“It's obvious we can't keep going on like this,” Nagi began. “If we keep pushing away what we both clearly want, then the outcome could be just as bad as if things don't work out.” The older teen mulled this over before responding. He has a valid point. Besides, I can't see me ever intentionally hurting him, nor him hurting me. And I'm so sick of all this tension. He was really just trying to justify a decision he had already made.
 
“I agree,” the blonde looked directly into deep blue eyes, not really searching for anything; he just loved staring into those eyes, and now it seemed as though he might not need an excuse. “We could take things slowly. That way, we would have a better idea of what we really want from each other, other than what's already there.” It really was a good suggestion as neither had been in any sort of romantic relationship before.
 
“That sounds good,” Nagi gave a somewhat relieved smile as he said this. I hadn't realized how much I actually wanted this until just now. Omi returned the smile, and the two stared at one another for a few minutes. Now that the decision was made, they were unsure as to what should happen.
 
“So…” the pyro trailed off, shrugging to himself and staring at the floor, indicating that he really didn't know what to say.
 
“So,” the smaller teen repeated then added, “What do we do now?” Omi looked up with a bit of a hesitant look in his eyes. The feeling Nagi was getting from their bond was that of uncertainty. Slowly, tentatively, the blonde moved his hand across the carpet towards the hand nearest to him. The telekinetic's face became a bit pink as he realized what was doing; Omi's cheeks were reddening as well. A warm, slightly calloused hand gently grasped the top of a smooth, pale one and turned it so that they were clasped together. Their blushes deepened as both teens enjoyed the first tender contact between them. Shifting positions so that they were sitting side by side, a different kind of tension flowed through them.
 
“I think,” Omi said, turning his head to face the other. “I think I want to…” He was finding it difficult to speak as all he really wanted was to kiss Nagi. The brunette looked as though he understood, sapphire eyes meeting the cerulean gaze. Their lips were slowly inching closer together, until they finally met in a chaste kiss; a kiss that managed to say everything for them. It was somewhat awkward, as many first kisses so often are, but they weren't thinking about that. They actually weren't thinking much of anything at all as bodies turned to face one another, hands hesitantly moving up to settle on shoulders or a face. A rush of warm emotion flowed through their telepathic bond, though neither could tell what was coming from whom. When the short kiss that seemed to stretch through an eternity finally ended, they could only stare at each other in wonder. Eventually, after their hearts resumed a more sedate pace, the teens settled back into their original positions, fingers entwined. Their moment of basking in newly realized affection was abruptly halted as a voice rang out through the penthouse.
 
“Damn it, Omi! Quit projecting!” came Farfarello's annoyed voice. Almost at the same time Schuldig added his opinion, despite the fact that he wasn't even at home. So you two finally stopped tiptoeing around each other. I was beginning to think I was going to have to lock you in the closet together. They felt the smirk attached to the comment. The archer quickly stopped the flow of emotion he had unknowingly sent out while he was caught up in the moment.
 
“I guess we were pretty obvious,” Nagi remarked, to which the blonde nodded.
 
“Well,” Omi started in a dry tone. “At least now we won't need to figure out how to tell them, seeing as how everyone already seems to know anyway. I guess I'll have to put tighter shields on my empathy. That was so embarrassing! I mean even Schu could tell, and he's not here.” The brunette let out a snort.
 
“I don't think you have that kind of range,” he said, a hint of humor in his voice. “I think it's more likely that he was spying on us, and we were too oblivious to notice. We'll have to think of something to get him back.” Omi got a devious look on his face, making Nagi laugh. It was always fun plotting revenge on Schuldig, and they always managed to catch him when he wasn't expecting it, the whole `best served cold” part coming to mind. For now, though, they would just enjoy their blossoming relationship. About an hour later, Crawford showed up at the door with an almost invisible smile on his face.
 
“Perhaps you two should go out this evening,” he stated in serious voice, leaving the room immediately so as not to give away his usually well masked happiness at the situation; neither was fooled by the display. The teens glanced at each other and sighed after he left. This was Crawford's way of saying that it would be a while before they could get together again, so they should make the most of it.
 
“Well,” the pyro began. “I guess we've just been told to go on our first date.” Nagi smiled at the idea.
 
“Yeah,” he responded. “So what do you want to do?” And so the couple planned their evening out like any normal pair would, though they were far from ordinary. They would have to make every moment count for the next several years, until the day finally came when their battles would end. At this moment, though, they acted as they had all the time in the universe. In spite of all the difficulties they had seen and would face, maybe this was really how it should be anyway.
 
END