Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Old Alliances ❯ Part I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Old Alliances- Part I
by Mishaela





Disclaimer: I don't own them. I'm not holding them hostage or anything. The characters involved are doing this of their own free will. I'm not making a profit, so suing me would be pointless. This story is not intended for those under the age of 18 or for those who have a problem with homo-erotic activity.






{Act IV - Part I}

Tsukiyono gazed hard into his fountain, watching the happenings between his old ally and a mortal. A soft gasp escaped the young deity's lips as he witnessed what could only be the final bonding between Deity and Conduit. He knew of such things, of course - he was, as far as Gods go, quite a bit older than the Pleasure patron.

He shook his blond head and waved his hand over the surface of the water, casting a spell that would hide the happenings from the other Gods. Balinese was finally going to make his comeback… Tsukiyono was going to have his ancient ally back where he belonged. It wouldn't be long before the mortals turned away from the old Gods, so the Joybringer wanted to make sure that his friend could fully experience the special bond that could never be broken.

The young looking God had already seen the future, and the portents didn't look favorable for those in power now. Whatever the Guilty God had planned would shatter the trust that had been given to them by the mortals It was only a matter of time.

When the Gods were all but forgotten, they would become mortals with barely even a shred of their old power and none of the memories.

Tsukiyono rose and his image wavered to that of his Avatar form, the one he used when visiting his mortal temples and the ruler of the region that venerated him. There was only one person that knew of his true identity in that form - his highest priest, Nagi. Tsukiyono smiled as he considered his own conduit.

Nagi was young, but he had a level head on his shoulders, which made him perfect for the position as highest priest of the Joybringer. The youth was still too young to remember the alliance between Balinese and Tsukiyono, but the diety had already briefed him on important matters such as that. While the God of Beauty and Pleasure had been down, he was by no means out.

It was fortunate for both dieties that pleasure was a universal thing, because that had been what had supplied Balinese with the power to stay in his position. Tsukiyono smiled at that. It was something he'd been concerned about for many years.

Now, though, Omi was due in King Hidaka's court.

It took nary a thought to vanish himself from his realm and reappear in the quarters of the young advisor to the king. He moved to his mirror and took a quick look to make sure his guise was, again, perfect. That was always a concern to the diety, that his mortal guise would be discovered and he'd have to craft a new one.

Being the God of Children, he was still prone to their forgetfulness sometimes - a flaw he couldn't remedy no matter what.

Once he was satisfied with his appearance, he donned the garments that designated him as the royal advisor and headed out of his chambers. The guard in the hallway outside bowed low to him as he moved by. "Lord Omi," the man said reverently.

Tsukiyono smiled brightly at the man. "Please... I've told you countless times to call me Omi. There's no need for a title when you address me. And stop bowing!"

Much to his dismay, the man remained as he was, leaving "Omi" to walk away flustered. It was bad enough that everyone who venerated the Childish God did the same thing to him as a deity, he wanted to leave it behind as a mortal.

No such luck, it appeared.

He arrived in his majesty's court with little fanfare, preferring it that way, actually. Dutifully, he took his place to the left of King Hidaka's throne. "Majesty," he addressed the slightly older man with a low bow.

Hidaka smiled at him as he turned in his throne to look upon his advisor. "Omi, I'm glad you're here. It appears that King Takatori is making moves to try to form an alliance with us. What do you think?"

Blinking, the young-looking deity gazed hard at the king. "Is that what you want, Majesty?" This was something he hadn't been expecting, not in a millenia.

"I'm not sure," Hidaka said lowly, rubbing his face with one hand. "I'd *like* to believe him, but there's too many past transgressions that make me very uncomfortable." The ruler leaned back against his throne. "With the latest fights over the mines, I'm not sure this isn't a ploy of some kind."

"Quite likely," Omi said softly, watching the young king. He'd been watching Ken Hidaka for a long time before the young man had taken his father's place on the throne. He knew the levels of compassion within the man. If Ken had his doubts about the alliance being signed, then he was probably well founded.

Usually, Omi had to curb the man's too trusting attitude. He gazed at the king and moved in closer, so his next whisper could be heard. "Who did Takatori send as his ambassador?"

Ken looked up at the youth and frowned. "Crawford, his prophet."

'Damn,' the blond god thought as he turned worried eyes on the floor of the audience chamber. He was well aware of Schuldig's pet and his silvered tongue. If Crawford was there, it couldn't be a good sign. It meant that Takatori had something up his sleeve. Omi took a chance and leaned down to speak directly in the mortal king's ear.

"Ware yourself around that one, my lord. He is known far and wide for his deceitful tongue and honeyed words." Omi hoped that Hidaka wouldn't get taken in by what Crawford said. If the mortal fell prey to the prophet's words, then there was nothing that Tsukiyono could do openly to save him.

Nodding, the king covered Omi's hand with his own larger one. "Thanks, Omi. I hope I don't screw this up... I'm still not completely comfortable with courtroom drama. I'm much more comfortable on the battlefield."

A bright smile lit up the advisor's face. "Ah, but that's why you have me, Ken. It's my job to keep you from putting your foot in a mess when the battle is made up of words."

The doors of the audience chamber opened and all eyes snapped to the robed form that appeared at the entrance. Crawford looked impressive in his dark clothes as he slowly walked forward to kneel before the throne. His golden-amber eyes looked up at the young ruler from under the cowl of his robes and he offered a hint of a smile.

Ken leaned foward in his throne, eyes riveted to the "ambassador" sent by Takatori. "What can I do for you, Prophet Crawford?" He was ever so thankful that Omi was nearby, just in case he made any mistakes in dealing with the ill-reputed man before him.

The prophet looked up at King Hidaka and offered a very slick smile. "I've come to discuss a possible treaty between yourself and my king, Takatori." The man was practically oozing charm and treachery.

Clenching his fist, Tsukiyono didn't like the situation one bit. Ken could easily fall prey to one such as him and he didn't want to see the kingdom he'd worked so hard to help crumble to ruin. Taking a chance, he spoke up softly. "And just what does Takatori offer that might help us forget how he has dealt with others in the past under similar circumstances?"

Crawford cursed silently at the advisor's question. He had known that Ken would be vulnerable to him, but he'd not seen anything to do with the blond at the man's side. What kind of power did the boy hold that kept him from the man's Sight? He gazed up at the pair on the dias, narrowing his eyes as he tried to figure things out quickly, tried to come up with a suitable offering.

'Give up the mines,' came the honeyed voice of his God in his head. 'To hell with Takatori's wishes... when Hidaka falls, he'll not just have the mines, but he'll have the resources of the entire kingdom.'

Schuldig's words were, surprisingly, very accurate and the prophet smiled. "Takatori is willing to forgo all claims to the mines currently in dispute as a means of proving his sincerity."

At a loss, Ken looked to Omi, hoping that the youth would be able to guide him through this. He smiled when the young blond nodded once. "Will you do the talking," he mouthed to his advisor, unsure of what to say.

Again, Omi nodded and stepped foward. "All right, you've got our attention, prophet, can you keep it?"

{End of Part I}




Mish: And now Tsukiyono's side starts to take shape. Wonder what the JoyChilde has in store for the enemy of his old ally, hmmm?

Give Mish treats?