Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Old Alliances ❯ Part II ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Old Alliances - Part II
by Mishaela

Disclaimer: I don't own them. I'm not holding them hostage or anything. The characters involved are doing this of their own free will. I'm not making a profit, so suing me would be pointless. This story is not intended for those under the age of 18 or for those who have a problem with homo-erotic activity.


{Act IV - Part II}

The treaty talks were over.

Omi watched the back of the prophet as Crawford was leaving, feeling uneasy about the proceedings. There was too much at stake for the young king to get taken in by the man’s words. Looking over at Ken, he found that obviously the ruler he served in his mortal guise was just as uncertain about the words he’d heard. Good. That meant that he would still have his ear when it was time to offer up advice.

“What do you think, Omi,” Ken asked him when the doors to his audience chamber closed. The young mortal was gazing at his advisor, hoping that he could offer the wisdom that was beyond his young years.

Frowning thoughtfully, Tsukiyono favored Ken with his most suspicious look. “I don’t trust his words or his leige’s claims. I’m pretty positive that most of what he offered did NOT come from Takatori himself. Most likely, it was his deity’s influence. If that’s the case, we can’t believe anything he’s said from the moment he stepped in here.”

Ken frowned at that himself. “What would the God of Lies want with me or my kingdom? Except for the mines, we really don’t have that much to offer.” The confusion on the young man’s face was quite obvious.

“Nothing except some of the finest warriors in all the kingdoms, majesty. Remember, before Takatori’s family came into power, the kingdom served different Gods... Gods who were more concerned with the gentler side of the heart.” Omi decided that it was time to give his young mortal king a lesson in the true history that lay behind Schuldig’s power usurption.

Blinking, Ken looked at his advisor again. “What do you mean?”

Leaning against the arm of Ken’s throne, Omi started recounting what he “knew”. In truth, Tsukiyono knew the whole story, having been there to witness it, but he didn’t dare let that on to the young man with him. “A very long time ago, the kingdom that Takatori rules was ruled by a different family, one that was very prosperous. The head of that family knew the ways of trading and finances and had brought the kingdom a lot of wealth. Reiji Takatori is actually the descendant of the former ruler’s most trusted bodyguard - who betrayed him to take over.”

Ken looked shocked. “What? How could that happen?”

“Just be silent a moment and I’ll tell you, Ken.” Omi thought about what he could and couldn’t say, pretty sure he could create enough texts to support his claims here. “The original king was a man with blood red hair, something that was almost unheard of in the dark haired populace. His temper was fiery, but his judgements were sound. He venerated Makiao and Balinese as his patrons.”

“Balinese? Who’s that? I’ve never heard of Balinese...” Ken was really confused now.

“Balinese is the God of Beauty and Pleasure. He was Makiao’s closest ally back then... until the Lord of Corruption cast him down. Crawford is very old, Ken... old enough to remember the splendor of Balinese’s temples. It was he who spread the lies that caused Balinese to be thrown from his place as one of the patrons of the kingdom.” Omi gave off a sad sigh. “It wasn’t long after that when Makiao stopped answering the prayers of her Chosen.”

The young king looked stunned. Like most who had some knowledge of the Gods, he knew that when a deity stopped answering prayers, it was because they couldn’t... often enough because they were somehow dead. “What...” He swallowed. “What happened to Makiao?”

Here, the disguised Joybringer was torn. Did he dare risk telling the truth or did he craft a lie? Tsukiyono knew what had truly happened to her. He wasn’t sure if he should impart that knowledge or not, considering his ruler’s tendency to go on righteous crusades. He realized that lying was not something he was good at, so a rumored truth might be for the best.

“Some believe that she is a prisoner of the God of Lies and Corruption. Others believe that she might have gone insane. There is nothing that dictates exactly what’s happened to her, my Leige.” There, let Ken take what he wanted out of that.

“By the Gods... is there anything that can save her?”

Omi shrugged. “In the matters of the Gods, it is uncertain. Perhaps her ancient ally could, if he had the power to do so.” The young looking deity was starting to see something here... a possible plan of aid that might benefit his old ally. “The only way to know for certain is if one were to be able to bring Balinese back to power.”

“How do we do that, Omi? You know the ways of the Gods better than I do.” Ken had turned fully now, sitting sideways on his throne so he could stare at his advisor. Omi was such a fountain of knowledge about history...

‘Yes,’ Tsukiyono cheered mentally, ‘he’s taken the lure!’ His hastily started plan was starting to come fully together now. “Well... if someone were to build a temple to Balinese, allow others to worship there... let a clergy of his faith form... he might be allowed enough power to get a foothold again.”

That brought the young king up out of his seat and he started shouting for his guards to bring the court architects to his audience chamber. “I want them here as soon as possible! I don’t care what they’re doing - this matter is of the utmost urgence!”

Omi put his hand on the brash ruler’s arm. “Ken, perhaps it would be best to speak with Joysharer Nagi... to make sure that Tsukiyono doesn’t mind allowing another influence into his beloved realm.” He had to stay in character. Sure, Tsukiyono wouldn’t mind sharing his kingdom with Balinese - for just long enough to get a foothold again - but that didn’t mean that “Omi” knew that...

“You’re right... If Tsukiyono doesn’t like it, well, we’ll just find another place to put it. Joy and love are so closely related, Omi... you taught me that... Makiao must be saved.” Ken got a determined look to his eyes. “And if this Balinese is the one who can do it, then it has to be done.” The young king turned back to his guards. “Someone send messenger to Joysharer Nagi... ask him to come share dinner with me. I have an important matter I must discuss with him.”

As always, Ken Hidaka’s enthusiasm for good causes brought a smile to Tsukiyono/Omi’s face. He moved to the young king’s side and put a hand on Ken’s shoulder. “Joysharer Nagi might also know how Balinese prefers his temples built.” He made a show of considering something else. “Perhaps it’s not a bad idea for someone skilled to make their way to Takatori’s kingdom and seek out one of the lost temples. I’m sure there are a few still left. Perhaps they might find a few artifacts that can be salvaged and put into a newer temple.”

That brought a nod from Ken. “Someone send for Mistress Birman... I have a new assignment for her!”

The plan that Tsukiyono had come up with on a whim was taking shape beautifully... Omi smiled and faded back into the shadows of the room to see just what Ken would do with what he was given. The young man had a way of surprising the deity with more than what he asked for.

{End Part II}

TBC