Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Old Alliances ❯ Part III ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Old Alliances - Part III
by Mishaela

Disclaimer: I don't own them. I'm not holding them hostage or anything. The characters involved are doing this of their own free will. I'm not making a profit, so suing me would be pointless. This story is not intended for those under the age of 18 or for those who have a problem with homo-erotic activity.


{Act IV - Part III}

Ken and Omi waited in the council chamber of the Joybringer’s temple, waiting for the appearance of the young high priest who presided there. Ken looked around the room, growing impatient at the waiting until his advisor addressed him.

“It’s unbecoming for you to fidget like that, Ken. This is the Temple of our shared deity, after all.” He hid a smirk behind his hand, feigning tiredness. It was always amusing to watch the young ruler’s antics.

Straightening in his seat, Ken gave Omi an embarrassed look. “I’m sorry... I’m just more comfortable getting out there and doing something. You know that. Sitting still never does my nerves good.”

“Perhaps that’s one of the reasons Tsukiyono shows you so much favor. Unlike many of his supplicants, you actually go out and try to spread joy, instead of sitting around and talking about it.” Omi gave the king an approving look. That was one of the real reasons he liked the young ruler.

It was then that the doors of the chamber opened, allowing the young high priest entrance. His demeanor was solemn as he took his seat across from the pair at the table. “I understand that you needed to see me.”

Omi leaned forward, resting his arms on the tabletop. “We were wanting to ask you if you had any information about the deity of Beauty and Pleasure.”

The young priest looked surprised. That was the last thing he was expecting to be asked. “For what reason? This is an... odd request, to be certain.”

“We need it so we can rebuild a temple.” Ken offered, drawing a sharp look from his advisor for his bluntness.

“So, what you are asking is for me to give you knowledge about the temples of another deity,” the all-too serious Joysharer asked both Omi and the young ruler. Nagi’s eyes were serious as he gazed upon the two of them, his demeanor calm.

Ken sat forward in the seat, his eyes too excited with his new cause. “We need this knowledge, Joysharer... this will help us deal with the threat that Takatori offers us. You and I both know that he will never stop until he has this kingdom.”

The young priest nodded and sighed. He leaned back and rubbed his temples. “I have documentation that might provide you with the necessary information. It has not been reviewed by any one in this temple under orders from the God I venerate. It was kept and preserved should Balinese intend a return to power.”

The advisor sitting with the king nodded. Nagi was playing things off perfectly. Through the young high priest’s acting ability, Ken would never realize that there was anything out of the ordinary. “Could we get those documents, Joysharer? It would be instrumental to our cause.”

“Are you intending to build a temple to the fallen deity here in the Joybringer’s Kingdom?” Nagi leaned forward on his elbows, his eyes boring into the pair.

“Only if Tsukiyono would allow it. Otherwise, we will find another place to build it. Would Tsukiyono allow us to build a temple to Balinese, to give him a chance to return to the world?” Ken worded the question well, his etiquette training served him in this endeavor.

Nagi’s eyes turned to the young liege. “Tsukiyono knows what you intend and, yes, he has given his permission to build it here, in his Holy realm. However, he would rather that, when the true ruler of our neighboring kingdom is found and re-established in power, the temple is moved there.”

Omi nodded. “That sounds acceptable.” He turned to Ken and gave him a bright smile. “We can begin the building immediately, Majesty. The temple could be ready for worshippers inside of a month.”

The young ruler nodded and smiled back. “I will be offering many thanks to Tsukiyono for this. For the information you’ve given and the documents, I will be making sure that you have an imperial donation.”

“That is unnecessary, your Majesty. We are kept well here due to your overly generous donations in the past.” Nagi gave a rare smile to the two of them. “Balinese and Tsukiyono were allies in the past. Our Joyous deity wishes for their alliance to exist again.”

Ken sat back and reached up to adjust his crown. “Well, we’re going to see about making that happen. Right now, as we speak, Mistress Birman is on her way to Takatori’s realm so that she can find artifacts to put in the temple proper.”

“Good. If anyone can find what we need, then Birman can. She has done wonders for the temple in the past and she still venerates Makiao to this day.” The Joysharer said solemnly, his blue eyes flicking back and forth between the other two at the table.

That surprised the young king and he sat forward again. “I didn’t know of this. Why would she continue to pray to a deity that doesn’t answer?”

Omi supplied the answer to his question. “There are some, Ken, who rely on faith alone, not the prayers they offer. She simply proves that, regardless of her deity’s presence, she holds strong to her faith. I’m certain that she accepted this assignment so quickly because of the associations between Balinese and Makiao in the past.”

The young priest nodded. “Most likely. Those who still hold strong to Makiao are very loyal to the connection between the two Gods.”

Rising from his seat, Ken looked down at the young priest and gave a smile. “If we could get those documents, we’ll leave you to get back to your work.”

A young adept entered the chamber and set down several scrolls next to the high priest. Nagi took the scrolls in hand and offered them over to the ruler. “Here they are, Majesty. Take from them what you need and I hope they contain all that you need. We here will pray for your success.”

“Thank you, Joysharer. No doubt you will be afforded far more in the Realm of Joy when you go to Tsukiyono’s side.” Ken bowed to the young priest and then looked at Omi, who had also risen to his feet. “Let’s go put these to use. I’ll have my scribes and architects working night and day to get preparations ready.”

Nagi rose to his feet as well and came around the table. “Use caution, Majesty. If the God of Lies discovers what you intend, he will make attempts to stop you. He worked very hard to orchestrate the downfall of Balinese and he will not idly stand by while mortals interfere with his work.” His blue eyes held concern as he gazed upon the king. “I’m certain that Tsukiyono will do all that he can to keep this from the Corrupt One’s eyes, however, even He is not infalliable.”

“Tsukiyono does not deal in duplicity,” Ken said as he looked down upon the young priest. “We all learned that from your sermons, Joysharer.”

“Just remember,” Nagi said as he turned away to return to the worship area of the temple, “that just like Birman, there are probably worshippers of other Gods in your realm. Watch what goes on around you closely. Corruption lies in every corner of every house of power.”

Ken watched the doors close behind the young priest and turned to Omi excitedly. “We just might do this... We could help save Makiao.”

Smiling at his ruler supplicant’s enthusiasm, the young advisor followed him out of the temple. ‘Ken... why is it I can always count on you to do the right thing? Not a single shred of cruelty... perhaps that is why...’

{End Part III}

TBC