Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Old Alliances ❯ Part IV ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Old Alliances - Part IV
by Mishaela

Disclaimer: I don't own them. I'm not holding them hostage or anything. The characters involved are doing this of their own free will. I'm not making a profit, so suing me would be pointless. This story is not intended for those under the age of 18 or for those who have a problem with homo-erotic activity.


{Act IV - Part IV}

Construction had begun on the new temple and Ken was overseeing the progress. He worked as a man with a cause, putting his own strength to the test in aiding the placement of several pieces of the carved stone. Craftsman, artisans, and architects worked at all hours to get the major pieces finished in time for assembly.

From his own chambers in the palace, Omi studied the scene with a small smile, giving a nod at the progression of events. If the frenzied pace held true, the temple would be ready for worshippers within a few short weeks. He put his fingers to his lips and turned around, trying to decide what the next best move would be. The disguised deity had felt the presence of another enter the chamber so he was not surprised at his visitor.

“Schuldig... What brings you to my realm?” Omi looked up, his eyes changing to a solid blue and his mortal body’s robes melting away to his robes of divine office. He knew damn well why the God of Corruption had come.

Red hair tossed as the other God gazed at his rival, glaring angrily. “What do you think you’re doing, Tsukiyono? Building a temple to a dead God is pathetically pointless.”

Tsukiyono gave a secretive smile and looked up at the taller deity. “It would be pointless... if the God were dead. I think you came here to intimidate me to stop, didn’t you, Schuldig?” As he moved, the changed robes swirled around him, throwing the scent of freesia around the room. “Face it, Schuldig, you couldn’t kill Balinese before and you honestly believed that you had destroyed him with that pet mortal of yours?”

“Balinese will never see a rise to power, Tsukiyono. This little defiance of yours is a pathetic ploy to stab at me. You can’t resurrect him with a single temple.” Schuldig fingered the shoulder of his coal black sleeve as he narrowed his eyes at the younger looking deity.

“Please, spare me the lecture,” the Bringer of Joy purred. “I know full well what it would take to bring a deity back to a power standing.” He paused for a moment and then turned to face the deity who opposed him. “Schuldig, you wouldn’t be here unless you were worried. I think there’s something about this that has you afraid of the idea. What threat would Balinese be to you?” He swept his hand out to indicate the lands around. “Unless you don’t like the idea of him taking back the lands he originally held?”

“Like he could. I have dominion over the kingdom now. It’s lost to him.” Schuldig gave a disdainful sniff and looked away, his arms crossed over his chest.

“Oh, don’t act like a pampered primadonna,” Tsukiyono said with a chuckle. He gave a knowing smile as he studied the other God. “Tell me something, Schuldig... why are you so interested in the mortal referred to as the Ruby Demon?” Sharp blue eyes caught the surprised jerk but didn’t give away what he’d seen.

“That’s none of your concern. You should keep your nose out of my affairs, Tsukiyono... Unless you wish to start a holy war.” The implied threat was jabbed none to gently at the child God.

“You can’t touch me, Schuldig, and you know it. My power is too established over several millenia... even more established than yours.” Tsukiyono waved the threat off with an unamused look. “You forget that I was here before you... I remember the day you Ascended to your divinity. Threatening me will only show you how miniscule you really are. Unlike Balinese, I do have the power to fight back and render you mortal again... Just as you did with Asuka.”

“You’re a pathetic little do-gooder immortal with no real vision. I’ll rip you from your celestial throne and cast you down, JoyChilde.” The corrupt God was almost shaking with fury at the implications of his lack of power.

Tsukiyono laughed then, his blue eyes much like a mother’s who gazed upon a petulant child. “You are still an adolescent in this game, Schuldig. Even Balinese handled himself with more dignity and decorum than you do. Take your threats to your mortals... only then can you be absolutely certain that someone will listen to them.”

With a roar of rage, the redheaded deity vanished, leaving behind a black stain on the marble of Omi’s personal chambers. With a snap of his fingers, he cleaned the mark from the flooring and then Tsukiyono altered his form again to that of his mortal guise. “You have no idea just what you’re going against, liar.”




“Okay, get that section of stone up higher. I’ll come up and help place it.” Ken started up a ladder to get into position so the stone could be put into place. He stopped when a voice called him back down.

“My liege... I’ve returned with the artifacts you desired.” The woman’s voice carried up quickly, causing Ken to rush back down the ladder in haste.

“Mistress Birman! Wonderful... What did you find?” Ken was rubbing his hands together, both to dust them off and in his excitement over the situation.

With a bow, the young woman smiled at her king. “I have found the Holy Chalice of Ceremony as well as several important ritual pieces.” She straightened up again and gave a bit more of a secretive smile. “I also found something else that would be even more imperative to place, my liege.”

“Something more important than the artifacts?” Ken was bewildered as he stared at the woman standing before him. “What on earth are you talking about?”

Another female voice answered the young ruler. “She’s referring to me, King Hidaka.”

Ken blinked at the redheaded woman who stepped from behind several pieces of worked stone. She was beautiful and carried herself with confidence. The woman was also wearing ceremonial robes with the symbol of the Balinese decorating the shoulders. “And you are, Lady?”

“The name given to me upon ascent to my office was Manx. I serve Balinese as his last living priestess.” The redheaded woman certainly fit the profile in her appearance.

Ken was even more confused. “How can that be? The religion fell centuries ago...”

“Balinese preserved me within a crystal in his last temple. Lady Birman found my cocoon in the depths of the catacombs below.” Manx explained things calmly and reached out her hand to the younger ruler, the flesh of her arm encased in braided gold wire.

“What happened to your arm, Priestess?” Ken took her hand and slid the sleeve of her robes back, showing that the design went all the way up to the middle of her bicep.

“It is one of the sacrifices I made when my ascent took place. To represent the torture our Lord received, I allowed Balinese to permanently infuse my skin with the marks of his endurance. These marks will follow me to grave, Majesty.” Manx revealed that the wires also encased her other arm. “Because of the pain involved in taking these ‘badges of office’, very few actually strive to become the icons of our religion.”

That forced the king to take a step back. “What kind of pain, lady Manx?” The interlacing was beautiful, but to know that they came with a painful price...?

“We endure a week of pain as the laces fuse to our skin, never to be given up. Once you become the highest servant of Balinese, you remain so.” Manx smiled gently at Ken, her face beautiful as she spoke. “I was aware of what the Dark Prophet was attempting. I begged Balinese to preserve me so that, when it was time to fix what had been damaged, I would be allowed to do so.”

“So you were not born in this time?” Ken was amazed. This woman was a true priestess of Balinese... fully ordained by the God of Beauty and Pleasure himself!

“I was told that it has been over five hundred years since my Lord’s downfall. I am aware of how much time has passed since my birth.” Her voice hardened as she spoke the next words, her hand clenching into a fist. “I will aid you, in whatever way, in bringing my Lord back to this world.”

She moved towards the temple, a soft smile gracing her lips. “It pleases me to see this... Please, do not forget the training ground below the temple proper.”

“Training ground? There was nothing in the documents about a training ground.” Ken looked at Birman in confusion.

“My liege... I found, in every temple I visited, a large chamber where there the chosen of Balinese trained. I had thought that the training was simply for aesthetics, however, Lady Manx tells me differently.” Birman followed the redheaded woman as she moved into the temple, forcing Ken to follow if he wanted to continue listening to the words being spoken.

“We trained, as was our God’s will, so that we could defend those who sought innocent pleasures... to defend children and women. I was a member of my Lord’s temple since childhood, therefore, I know the ways of our training fully.” Manx knelt down in the entrance to the main prayer chambers. “If you would please give me an hour of time... There is a consecration prayer that must take place when a new temple is being erected.”

Ken nodded to the woman and took Birman’s arm, ready to lead her away. “Yes, Lady Manx. And, when you have completed your task, would you be kind enough to join me for lunch? I’d like to hear more about the clergy of Balinese.”

“Yes, young Majesty, that will be fine.” Manx inclined her head and began the soft chant of consecration.

{End of Act IV}

Next Act: Power Reborn