Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Paying the Devil ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Paying the Devil

By Nix Winter

Disclaimer: I don't own Weiss Kruez. I'm just playing when I should be writing something to submit somewhere.

Paying the Devil

Nagi swirled the vial around in his fingers. It was just the three of them. Nagi with the poison, and the gun. Aya, bound to what was once a dentist chair, effective ball gag holding his tongue down. Nagi had taken great care to roll up one sleeve, to run a nail slowly down the vein. Violet eyes glared at him, ice cold, furious. Ken paced in a cage, not more than five feet from where Nagi played with Aya's arm.

"It's painful," Nagi said, relishing the flash of fear in Aya's eyes, the rage building in Ken. "It takes days, to kill. I've seen it work. Grown men crying there at the end. Just terrible. I only have enough for one of you. Which should I give it to? What do you think?"

The sounds coming out around Aya's gag could only have been described as obscene. Nagi, so sweet and small picked up a syringe from the little metal table. "Oh, Aya-chan! You're so sweet to volunteer!"

"NO! Leave him alone!" Ken grabbed the bars of the cage, shaking it with all his strength. "No! Leave Aya alone!"

"Ken?" Nagi said, eyes narrowing. "What would you do to see Aya free? To see Ran free?"

"Anything! What do you want me to do?"

Aya screamed under the gag, struggled furiously against bonds holding him. Tears of fury or fear, or both making his eyes shine.

Nagi wanted revenge against the world, not really death. Death was too easy, to comforting. "I will even give you both a chance, a slender little chance. There is an antidote to the drug. We don't have it here. We don't need such things. It will take a week to kill. That gives you a great deal of time to find the antidote. I will even let you go free. Both of you."

"Why? What do you want!" Ken snarled, refusing to look at Aya's eyes, because he already knew that he'd do whatever Nagi asked.

"Because I like to think of you struggling to survive," the smile on that teenage face was emotionless, vicious. "I will enjoy news of your death."

"Bastard," Ken spat back, wishing it were stronger, wishing he could just reach out and break that neck. "Fucking bastard!"

"Probably," Nagi agreed, tapping the needle with the back of his nail, to get the air bubbles to come up. "Take the nice little drug, I'll set Aya's locks to release in fifteen minutes. The outer door will open. I'll be gone. Stick around long enough, Brad and Schu will be back. I don't think they'll be," Nagi cleared his throat, "Amused."

They could wait for Krittiker to find them. Youji and Omi were surely looking. Ken had seen the way Schuldig looked at Aya though. If they waited here long, Aya would get hurt. Ken started rolling up his sleeve. "Give me the drug."

Aya screamed, and still could not free himself. Flush from fury colored his face, red dripped from his wrists where he turned them, scraping and tearing the skin of his wrists to get free. Nagi smiled as he floated the syringe through the bars. "It might sting a little, going in. The last person I gave that to down right screamed, kitty."

Ken caught the syringe, held it for a moment between trembling fingers. This was the end of his life. He had to think of it that way. Was he willing to pay with his life for Aya's? He let himself look in Aya's direction. Dark chocolate eyes begged forgiveness, begged salvation. If anyone could get him through this, to the other side of dying, it was Aya. The fury in those violet eyes hurt though. He wanted to apologize, explain. He could not allow Aya to be hurt. Quickly, the needle jabbed into his arm, slipping into a vein. Aya screamed more, the chair he was bound to shook. The amber fluid disappeared into Ken's body.