Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Project An ❯ FEATHER RAIN ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CODE01: +FEATHER RAIN+ Rain. Like a natural purity, it cleanses the vast earth, bringing not only coolness, but also freshness to all life. Yet, evilness still remains.

Drips of rain poured and roared from the grayish, limitless sky. A hand reached out from its shelter to feel the drops of heaven tears spattering on its palm. Around, passerbys hurried across the afternoon streets of Tokyo like busy ants. Umbrellas of all kinds brought out vibrant colours to the concrete jungle like blooming flowers.



A teenager was standing under a deserted lane of an old commercial building, waiting for the rain to stop. His bright eyes, young, yet filled with countless sadness stared into the sky as if hoping the sky could provide him with any answers. He was already seventeen years old, but his appearance and size made him look at least three years younger than what he really was. He wore his usual brown tight shirt and semi short dark pants, making him look small and almost invisible in the city where everyone ignore one another's presence, only engrossed in their own loneliness.



It had been six months since the last destruction of the SZ organisation perished under the collapsing building, buried deep into the dark blue sea. Carefully avoiding the falling rocks and pillars, the four WeiB members hid their presence from the city. Peace seemed to have returned to the city. Fujimaya Aya regained from her two-year coma and Sakura returned to her normal school life, occasionally visiting Aya to assist her in the Florist shop taken over from WeiB. Burman and Manx returned to their normal police investigation routine. The Schwartz seemed to have vanished from the world after that fateful event. Perhaps, they had perished together with the SZ members under the deep blue sea.

Yet, there were still some justices need to be done in the corrupted city. Crime rates rose. Robberies, murders, briberies were common. This was where the WeiB went in. Carefully concealing their identity, especially from Burman, Manx, Aya and Sakura, the members silently released the evil souls from the world. The existence of WeiB had been forgotten in this world.

'But how long can this go on?' The teenager wondered to himself.

The teenager was Tsukuyono Omi-the youngest member of WeiB. Despite his cheerful and optimistic outlook, the scars of Oka's death, the truth that he was the son of the notorious Takatori Reiji, the images of him killing his own brothers remained in the deepest part of his memories. His guidance and uncle-Persia or Takatori Shuichi had died in his arms and he failed even to rescue his uncle's corpse from the burning building. No matter how he tried to ignore this, the mystery why his father-Takatori Reiji had refused to pay his ransom when he was kidnapped many years ago continued to haunt him like a parasite.

The older members of WeiB had gone off on some activities to relieve themselves after a tough mission. They had just eliminated the leaders of a drug organisation and they badly needed a break to get their minds off the bloodstained corpses they had newly created from the drug organisation leaders.

Omi continued to stare into the vast open sky.

Rain continued to fall. It brought many memories. Oka's death.. Persia's death.. When would it be his?

Suddenly, Omi's eyes fell on a faraway, yet familiar figure rushing across the traffic lights. It was a young girl in plain simple dress. She was around sixteen years old. Her dark blue hair was tied in two plaints that bounced mischievously on her shoulders. In one hand, she held a flower basket and in another, a bright red umbrella.

Omi knew her.

Fujimaya Aya--Fujimaya Ran's younger sister. Omi had seen her many times when she was in her coma, but he had never seen her in her conscious self, not to mention talking to her even once.

Suddenly, a deafening screech interrupted his thought. Turning his vision from the girl, he saw a long truck driving towards her direction in an alarming speed. Luckily, there were many vehicles moving on the road, cutting down the speed of the swerving vehicle. Like many people and absorbing in her own affairs, Aya did not notice her danger.

"AYA-CHAN!! LOOK OUT!!!!!" Without thinking twice of the oaths he had made with the WeiB members not to disclose their existence in the society, Omi flunged himself towards Aya, pushed her out of the way of the approaching vehicle and grabbed the frame of the swaying door.

Aya grasped, falling onto the ground. Flower basket and umbrella flew from her grip onto the road. Petals shattered like loose snowflakes.

"How did you know.."Aya stammered, remembering that a young stranger had called out her name. She could not complete her sentences for Omi had already pulled himself up into the vehicle.

The driver's head was resting on the driving wheel, his eyes wide and listless. White foams drooped from his slightly ajar mouth. He was already dead. Poisoned.

Fuming to himself, Omi pulled the well-built driver from his seat and tried to step on the brake. Nothing happened. Someone must have dislocated the structure of the truck to make it lose control.

If the truck could not be stop in time, many innocent lives would be lost. Omi tried to calm himself. Holding onto the driver wheel, hoping to divert the dangerous vehicle to a less populated area before abandoning it.

He heard a cracking sound, following by a blast behind him.

"Explosives!" The word shot through Omi's mind. He tried to swing himself from the trunk. To his horror, some unknown force gripped onto his feet, forcing him to paralyse in the seat. His eyes widened as a brick wall boomed into his view, followed by screams from nearby people and further cracking sounds from the back of the vehicle.

Waves of heat dashed into him from behind. Almost immediately, a bright blazing light boomed before his eyes, almost blinding him. He could feel unbearable heat coursing through his veins, boiling his blood and driving all thoughts from his mind. Tongues of fire flickered around him, some shooting up into the sky and exploded. Rains of flame slowly descended down, very strangely, they turned into white fluffy feathers. Feathers of rain fell around Omi amidst the darkening sky. The burning sensation seemed to vanish all together.

The shouts and commotions around the street became fainter and fainter. Darkness started to sink in faster. Amidst the darkness, a soft and monotonous, familiar yet distant voice began to echo repeatedly in the midst of the feather-falling sky.

"Mamoru...Mamoru............Mamoru..........."

TO BE CONTINUE..........