Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Project An ❯ MISSION 01 part 2 -AGAINST ALL ODDS ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CODE04: + MISSION 01 part 2 -AGAINST ALL ODDS+

The world is so full of ugliness that I wish I could hide myself forever in the darkness far away from this world....

It was already past two hours, but there was still no signal from Omi.

Yohji put his legs down from the driving wheel.

"What's taking that boy so long?" Yohji grumbled: "You both keep watching the screen. I need a puff."

"Don't take too long," the red hair leader said briefly.

"I know, I know," Yohji sighed: "I'll be right back."

He walked out of the car, stretched himself, trotted to the open road and lit a cigarette. The street was bustling with people seeking for nightlife.

"Phew!" Yohji puffed out: "It's so good to be alive."

Suddenly, someone banged into him by his shoulder, without an apology, the people walked off.

"Oi!" Yohji shouted. Instantly, his eyes went straight.

Greenish hair, familiar back....

"Asuka!" Yohji screamed and darted among the crowd after her.

"Hey!! Watch where you are going?!!!!" someone shouted as Yohji banged around looking for the person, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Asuka...." Yohji thought.

~ + + + + + + ~

Omi ran and panted heavily. Fire burned around him. There was no escape. Explosions blew up, aggravating the already large fire. Sparks of fire flew into the air, turning into feathers as they spiraled down gently. The fire vanished immediately, leaving Omi standing in the midst of the darkness and falling feather.

Something wet and cold suddenly jerked him up from his sleep. He stirred and tried to lift his heavy eyelids.

"See, she's awake," A man said.

"She? Who is the 'she' he is referring to?" Omi wondered and suddenly remembered that he was supposed to be in the middle of his mission.

Two vague figures loomed above him against the dim artificial light.

A familiar voice blew a whistle: "Pretty blue eyes she has, how did you manage to find such a rare beauty?"

"She was sitting alone in a corner, Schuldig-sama," the other man replied.

'SCHULDIG???!!!!' Omi's mind suddenly snapped awake. The vision became clearer. Omi found himself lying on a cold hard ground, bound and gagged. Squatting besides him were one man in black met earlier in the night club and other was a tall German man with sunglasses on his reddish orange spiky long hair.... Schuldig!

"Hey, kitty, do you know me?" Schuldig asked.

"I'm in trouble, he is good in mind-reading," Omi groaned in his thoughts.

"I say, she even knows my special ability," Schuldig mused as he ran his fingers along Omi's round earring: "You look kinda familiar, have we met before?"

"Nonononononono!!!!!" Omi screamed in his mind fearfully, trying hard not to think further in-depth.

"What's your name?" Schuldig asked.

'Hitomi,' Omi forced himself to think.

"Hitomi? Nice, cute name, that reminds me of sweet little Omi in WeiB, doesn't it? Except a difference of 'Hit' in front of 'Omi' though," Schuldig teased, watching Omi's expression.

Omi tried to appear as blank as possible, his heart pounding as hard that he thought it was going to pop out of his mouth.

"This girl is an interesting specimen. Don't let her escape," Schuldig said as he left the room.

"Hai, Schuldig-sama," The man in black said, getting up to open and close the door for Schuldig. The room was engulfed in semi-darkness, only dimly lit by one small electrical light bulb hanging from the ceiling. A small curtainless window reflected dancing branches amidst the wind howling night and a crescent moon hanging in the sky.

'Where am I?' Omi wondered, looking around him. There were several kidnapped girls lying unconsciously nearby.

Just then, the door opened, revealing other man in black whom Omi had met before in the pub and a new man with large stomach and flowery shirt.

"Hey, has Schuldig examined the goods?" The plump man asked with unclear tone as his teeth were busy chewing a cigarette that was already burnt to its tip.

"Hai, he has just left," the earlier man said: "Thanks to your generosity in allowing us to operate in 'Zombie' or we wouldn't have make so much profit from the Schwartz."

"What are they going to do with so many girls?" Other man asked curiously.

"Probably sell them as prostitutes, isn't that what most human traffickers do?" The plump man muttered, as if enjoying the burnt cigarette.

'The Schwartz? Weren't they supposed to be dead in the building during the last battle with SZ?' Omi thought.

"How long are we going to keep these girls?" one man in black asked.

"By 3am the next morning," The plump man replied: "Mr Crawford wants us to deliver these goods, including those abducted during the past two weeks onto a ferry stopped by the lake side."

'3am the next morning?' Omi thought. He looked at the sky. Judging from the colour of the sky, it was probably around 12 to 1am. No more time to lose.

Omi's fingers moved to activate a button on his belt.

-WEIB ACTION-

"Schuldig seems to be especially interested in the girl over there," The first man in black said, pointing at Omi.

"HEY! What is she doing?!" The plump man shrieked in his cracking voice, moving steadily towards Omi at the same time.

"She's alerting someone!!" The nearest man in black shouted, tugging Omi's belt.

Swiftly, Omi moved his feet up and kicked the man away. Drawing a dart from his sleeve, he silted his wrists free. Moving further, he kicked the plump man, sending him howling in pain on the floor. He pulled out his gag from his mouth and was just in time to fly two darts, blocking the other two men's gun barrels. Shaking with fear, they made their way to the exit. A dart buzzed past them and pierced into the door. Their legs gave way below them.

"Where are you going to send these girls?" Omi interrogated sternly.

"We....." A gunshot sounded. Their eyes suddenly went straight and listless as they fell onto the ground, blood oozing from the wounds on their backs.

"No, Schuldig-sama, please forgiv....," The plump man pleaded.

Another shoot. The man died, his eyes still wide-opened, not bearing to leave the world so soon.

"Heh! I just know these three morons cannot be trusted," Schuldig's voice rang: "Right, Tsukuyono Omi?"

~ + + + + + + ~

A car darted wildly into the forest, branches and leaves beat against the window. Inside sat the other WeiB members, they had just received Omi's signal.

Suddenly, someone leaped before the car, blocking its way.

Yohji fumed and diverted the vehicle from the person's way. The light fell on the person. Farfarello! He turned to grin at them in a ghastly way as the car brushed past the one-eyed man.

"Am I seeing things?" Ken asked.

Suddenly, an invisible force crushed into the car, sending it flying against a row of trees.

"JUMP!!!!" Ran shouted, swiftly slicing the belts loose from the three of them with his katana. The trio was just in time to leap before the car exploded into a ball of fire.

"I will not let you pass," A young voice said. A teenager in grey suit stepped out under the dim moonlight. Nagi!

"Whoa! I'm seeing ghosts," Yohji joked, still panting.

"Where are Crawford and Schuldig?" Ran commanded. His eyes narrowed, watching his back by the corner of his eyes. Farfarello stepped out behind them and blocked their back path.

"It's so nice to see all of you safe and sound," A man in white stood out; it was Crawford: "..WeiB.." Schuldig did not appear as what they expected.

'Danmit.. Omi!' Yohji gritted his teeth worryingly. He knew the blond youth was no match for the tall German mind reader.

"Are you behind all these kidnapping?" Ran asked warily.

"Precisely!" Crawford smiled: "Shall we continue from where we have stopped six months ago?"

"We have no time for you," Ran said coldly.

"Ran, we got more important things to do! Let's get out of here! NOW!!" Ken cried out as he dodged away from Farfarello's attack.

"Really? But I've got something very interesting to show you," Crawford said causally. He suddenly shot his fists, attacking Ran in lightning speed, predicting exactly every Ran's movement.

A photo shot towards Ran's direction. His eyes caught its content as it flew in slow motion onto the ground. His face flashed pale.

"Do you believe my words now?" Crawford's attack did not slow down. In fact, it went faster and faster.

At the other side, Ken and Yohji were having trouble fighting Farfarello and Nagi. Farfarello grinned widely as he swung his knives faster and faster. Nagi's force kept the two WeiB members from attacking in their full potential.

"Whose photo is that?" Ken asked Yohji as they tried to dodge more attacks from Farfarello who seemed immune from their weapons.

"How is it?" Crawford laughed heartedly.

"WHERE HAVE YOU KEPT HER??!!!!" Ran roared in anger, his katana moving faster and harsher.

"Oi, RAN!!! Is that Sakura or Aya-chan?" Yohji panted. Ran was so overwhelmed with anger that he did not answer Yohji's question.

"Your late friend's long lost daughter," Crawford answered instead: "I've already reminded you that you'll be very interested."

"Don't waste your time on them! Omi's life is in danger!!" Ken screamed frustratedly.

~ + + + + + + ~

Omi's body flew and was slammed against the wall by strong force. He clenched his stomach in pain. Schuldig strolled causally, towering before him, rubbing his fists.

"How pathetic, a big boy, like you disguising as a girl. Don't you have any pride left in you anymore?" Schuldig mocked sarcastically.

"That's none of your business" Omi gritted his teeth as he tried to stand on his feet.

"I'm not used to beat up a girl.." Schuldig said: "But to a hentai like you.." He grabbed Omi by his collar and drove his fist deep into Omi's stomach: "There's no mercy!"

Omi's feet gave way under him as he collapsed against the wall, panting breathlessly. Schuldig hovered over Omi's half limp body.

"Hey, boy," Schuldig squatted before Omi, clenching the boy's neck tight, digging his fingernails into the soft flesh: "Tell me, what have you achieve in life? You are an unwanted kid; you can't even save your loved ones. You are just a puppet assassinator who only receives instruction blankly from the top. What are you living for?"

Omi winced inwardly in pain, not able to say a word. The hand was choking him.

Another hand slammed against the wall besides him. Schuldig's face neared Omi, their distance too close for comfort. Omi could feel Schuldig's breath blowing onto his face. Omi's body trembled and he tried to shift his face away so that he would not have to face the red-hair man's eyes, but in vain.

~He's right, I'm always so useless. If I've been strong like Ran or Yohji, Oka and Persia wouldn't have died...~ Omi could not help thinking as the past flashed in his mind and remembering how he had been reliably on other members' strength during the missions.

~Yes, that's right, you are always a burden to your friends. When the time comes, they'll still abandon you like your father did. What would you do then?~ Schuldig's voice rang in Omi's head.

Omi felt tears piercing his eyes, threatening to leak out. Schuldig watched in amuse. Already Omi looked pretty in the feminine clothes. With his tearful eyes and fragile body, he looked like a beautiful young angel for people to hold. Schuldig released his hand from Omi's throat and grabbed the boy's chin firmly so that his eyes met his prey's. Omi felt himself stiffened; he had a strange feeling welling up in him. Schuldig leaned forward.

"What are you doing?!" Omi gasped and tried to put up a struggle, but his limbs were too sore and tired to move. He spattered and tried to move his face away as the older man's lips neared his.

~Isn't it obvious, beauty? I'm going to kiss you.~ Schuldig's mocking voice rang in his head.

Omi's blue eyes widened with fear and disgust.

"What are you trying to do with Takatori-san?" A familiar voice suddenly interrupted. Omi remembered him. Takashi Rei!

"Heh! Are you trying to be a hero saving a beauty in distress, Takashi- san?" Schuldig grinned sarcastically, still holding Omi by his shoulder and chin.

"Let her GO!" Takashi Rei swiftly moved to their side and attacked so that Omi would not be hit.

Omi was worried; he knew how ruthless Schuldig could be. He did not wish to see someone getting hurt just because of him.

"How thoughtful!" Schuldig laughed: "No fun. I'll come for your girl next time. So long!" To Omi's astonishment, Schuldig blew a mockingly affection kiss at Omi and leaped out of the window.

~At least I see one of your new helper's face. I'll get back next time.~ Schuldig's voice trailed away in Omi's mind.

"WAIT! He's not..." Omi cried out, fearing that this stranger would get into unnecessary trouble in future because of WeiB. But Schuldig was gone out of sight.

Omi felt a strong arm encircled him into an embrace and lifted him bodily from the ground.

"That man might get more helpers into this house. Let's get out of here!" Takashi Rei whispered in Omi's ears.

Omi peered up at the man weakly and tried to protest, but exhaustion soon overcame him as he passed out. He did not register as Takashi carried him out of the house..

~ + + + + + + ~

~Mission accomplished.~ Schuldig's voice wheeled into his leader's mind.

~Good. Group disperse.~ Crawford returned the message.

"The time's getting late. We'll play next time," Crawford said. Together with Nagi and Farfarello, they went off in a nearby waiting car. The engine roared alive and soon they were out of sight.

Ran collapsed onto the ground in a half-kneeling position besides the fallen picture. It was a smiling father carrying his ten year old daughter. The man was Boston.

"What is it, Ran?" Ken asked in concern.

"Hazimi. Boston's long lost daughter," Ran's reply was brief.

"Let's hurry up. Omi's waiting for us," Yohji said.

~ + + + + + + ~

Blue eyes fluttered beneath the thick eyelashes as consciousness regained. Takashi Rei's concern eyes met Omi's. Startled, he pulled himself up and found himself lying on a comfortable bed by a large window, overseeing the starry sky and greenish lake.

"Where are we?"

Takashi Rei reached a hand to smoothen Omi's honey colour hair: "I found a ferry by the lake side and thought we might rest here for time being."

Omi struggled to sit up. Instantly, pain shot up his spine and limbs. He bit back his moan and continued his attempt to struggle out of bed.

"I got to get going. Thanks for saving me. And remember; don't get yourself involved in any matters relating to that red-hair man or me in future. You'll get yourself into unnecessary trouble." Omi said weakly and made his way to the door. He was still puzzling why Takashi Rei would find his way to the house, but he did not look like one of SZ. Omi hoped he would not see this man again.

"Wait, you are still unwell to walk."

"Arigato," Omi turned to look back slightly: "We'll part here."

Suddenly, a strong pull tugged the boy's arm, bringing the boy's body back towards the older man. A hand reached behind the boy's head and his lips crushed onto Omi's.

Omi's eyes widened with shock. Takashi Rei felt a stingy smack across his cheek.

"Go..Gomen ne sai.." Omi shuttered: "I didn't mean to." He pulled his hand from Takashi Rei's grip and made his way painfully out of the place, not turning back.

~Takatori-san, I'll never forget you...~ Takashi Rei looked longingly behind Omi's faltering back.

~ + + + + + + ~

Ran, Ken and Yohji banged into the house with full speed. Three corpses of the masterminds and several unconscious girls lying on the ground met their eyes.

"OMI!!!!!!" Ken and Yohji called over and over again around the house as they hunted all over but received no response.

"Someone is coming," Ran said, looking out of the house.

True enough, a small figure was trotting slowly towards their direction.

"OMI!!!" Ken screamed and ran to meet the figure.

"Ore?" Ken's eyes went straight. Instead of the WeiB youth, it was a honey colour hair teenage girl in black jacket and tight mini skirt.

"Gomen, I thought it was my..."

"Ken-kun," The girl spoke wearily in Omi's voice: "It's me. Are the girls safe?"

"Omi!" Ken gasped and managed to take a better look of the person under the dim moonlight. Though the hair was slightly longer and the person wore plain makeups, he was none other than Tsukuyono Omi.

"Whoa, Omi, you look 'pretty'," Yohji whistled.

"What happen? Why are the three of you covered with bruises? Did.."

"Yes, the Schwartz. They are still alive." Ran spitted with deep hatred: ". with Boston's daughter in their hands."

~ + + + + + + ~

Back to their house..

"Out of the 40 missing girls, 39, together with 14 newly abducted are found bound in an abandoned house. One corpse of a girl--- Sato Miyuki is uncovered in the forest. Their abductors are found dead in the scene." The news on television reported.

"How's your old friend-Suzuki Ai, Yohji?" Ken asked.

"She could not get over her student's death and has left without repaying me." Yohji sighed sadly.

"I did not know you are the money-concerned type." Ken said.

"No, I just cannot believe that she actually leaves without accepting my DATE!!!!" Yohji winced loudly, pulling his hair: "Am I really that UNATTRACTIVE???!!!!!!!"

Ken and Omi face faulted.

"When will Yohji-kun be more serious??" Omi clenched his fingers comically.

"Let's ignore him." Ken said.

"Where's Ran-kun?" Omi asked as Aya entered the room.

"Oniichan has been keeping to himself on the rooftop the moment he came back. What has happened earlier?" Aya whispered in concern.

~He must be still worrying for Boston's daughter. No matter what, Boston has sacrificed his life to save Ran-kun before." Omi thought deeply.

Up on the rooftop, the WeiB leader stood, watching the faraway stars scattering across the night sky. The memory of Boston smiling back at him as he was burnt right before his eyes keeping appearing in his mind eye.

~Don't worry, Boston. I'll fulfill your dream. I'll get your daughter back safe and sound.~ Ran's eyes narrowed. The image of the paper plane drifting through the sky rose in his mind....

~ + + + + + + ~

Rows of words flew across the computer screen like running water.

[To TS:

The WeiB boys have just cracked a kidnapping case. But the case is not over yet, for the Schwartz is still alive.

From Manx.]

In the semi-dark office, Manx heaved a sign of relief as she sent her message. The computer was formerly owned by Persia or rather Takatori Shuichi--- her immediate superior. She fondly ran her fingers over the keyboard and shut the computer.

Securing the office with her fingerprint, she headed for her car parked in the basement. Her high-heeled shoes produced a piercing trotting sound in the dead quiet night. As she walked, she fished her keys to open the door.

She paused.

Something invisible forced her oil tank to explode. Searing fire drove towards her. Experienced with years of training and alertness, she leaped swiftly along the direction of the fire like an agile cat. Shattering metals clanged and the fire slowly subsided.

The smoke slowly cleared to show Manx lying under a small pile of remains known as her car's. She gritted her teeth as she struggled to get up, but in vain.

'Good, at least I can still feel the pain. That means my limbs are still attached to my body.' Manx thought. She knew she had escaped just in time or a few seconds of delay could send her to the door of Hell.

A pair of stylish black shoes appeared before her eyes.

She looked up with a startle. A familiar face met hers. Though she had never meet him directly in person before, she had came across his file several times in her records. But this time, there was a difference. His eyes. Instead of dark, it was golden.

A sneaky smirk.

"How are you, Manx-sama?" He said, especially emphasized the word 'sama' sarcastically.

~Masafumi! Isn't he supposed to be dead?!~ Manx's eyes widened with shock.

"Shall we finish her off, Masafumi-sama?" Another familiar voice. Crawford Brad. He was sitting in a nearby car at the driver's seat.

"A moment, Brad," the 'supposed-to-be-dead' Takatori Masafumi tossed an eye back and returned his piercing gaze back to the injured figure at his feet.

"Tell me, was Omi's accident caused by you?" Manx snarled painfully beneath her breath.

"Exactly, I've found a new strength to manipulate invisible forces after I was resurrected under a building rumbles. Thanks to the Schwartz for releasing me from my cylinder. What I have to do is to send that vehicle down the street and paralyse that boy in it. Too bad, it did not kill him."

"Monster..." Manx snarled under her breath.

"Do not call me a monster, lady," He bent down and almost whispered into Manx's ears: "Who's the one using human being as guinea pigs and turn them into killer machines? You know jolly well, Manx-sama."

Masafumi got up and went back to the car, ignoring Manx's presence.

"Leave her alive. I want her to witness our New Order."

The car drove off, leaving Manx injured in the carpark.

"Beast...."

-END OF CODE04-