Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Project An ❯ 1st MISSION part 1 -INTO LION'S DEN ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CODE03: + 1st MISSION part 1 -INTO LION'S DEN+

If given an opportunity, I wish I could vanish. (Hidaka Ken, Mission #16)

A high pitched and despondent scream pierced into the night and fell silence. A teenage girl in around 17 to 18 years old, wide-eyed and listless laid dead on the muddy soil of a forest. Blood trickled from various deep cuts on her body. Besides her stood a man with white spiky hair. Something beamed in the darkness, mixed with flashes of red stained on it as he bought the object to his tongue slowly like a wine expert tasting the finest wine in the world.

"Farfarello, you know well that you are not supposed to touch any of our catch even if they are trying to run," a voice interrupted: "Can't you leave your game in future...." A man in white suit merged among the trees, watching the white hair man, his glasses gleamed under the moonlight: "....on people like.....WeiB?"

"Waiting hurts God," Farfarello muttered between his knife.

~ + + + + + + ~

It was another day in the florist shop.

"Onnichan, you are sweating profusely, let me help you wipe your forehead!" Aya called earlier in the morning as Ran carried a pot of flowers out of the shop.

"Ohaiyo, how are you, Ran?" Sakura greeted at the entrance of the shop.

"Wow! Ran is totally surrounded by girls!" Yohji called enviously, knocking an elbow against Ken: "Right, Ken-Ken?"

"Speaking of girls, who is going to deal with this crowd of girls in our shop?" Ken asked, watching the large group of girls shrieking and shouting inside and outside the shop.

"Isn't that wonderful to have so many people in our shop again?" The old florist lady laughed warmly to her cat on her lap as if talking to it.

"LUCKY! All four of them are in the shop! There's going to be something good happening today!" Some girls screamed excitedly.

"Omi! Do something!" Yohji called the youngest member in the other end of the shop.

"Hai, hai, hai, which flowers would you like to buy today?" Omi cheerfully attended the incoming visitors. Excited shrieks filled the shop as the girls surrounded the four boys. Sakura and Aya could only shake their heads and smiled.

"Sorry, I'm only interested in girls more than 18 years old, not little kids like you," Yohji said, much to the girls' protests.

"Kudo-san, Kudo-san, is that really you?" A feminine voice cried out, followed by a tug on Yohji's arm. It was a young lady of around early twenties.

"Wow! That's Yohji's age type!" Omi gasped.

A sweat dropped comically down Yohji's forehead: "Err, do I know you, Miss?" He tried to rummage through his memories of girls he had dated to match the one before his eyes. She was slightly in formal wear of office suit and tight office skirt. Although she wore simple make-up, she was good- looking.

"I'm Suzuki Ai, a client in your detective agency (NB: we all know Yohji used to run a detective agency with Asuka before joining WeiB), remember the missing poodle case 5 years ago?"

"Suzuki Ai? Poodle case 5 years ago?" Yohji scratched his head, trying to recall the cases he had went through.

"Can you remember me or not?" Suzuki Ai pestered.

"Err..Mmmmmm... AH!" Yohji hit his fist: "You had showed me its hair for a clue and in the end, Asuka and I had to spend three days and three nights to hunt for it. You were only a schoolgirl then! How much you have grown!!"

"WO! Yohji sure has a group of ladies waiting for him!" Ken gasped in wonder.

"That's Yohji," Ran said.

"How can I help you, Suzuki-chan?" Yohji asked, combing his hair, expecting a date invitation.

"I'm now teaching in a school and one of my students was missing mysteriously after school for a week, can you help me please?"

"Doesn't her parents call the police?" Ken asked.

"They did, but there is still no news of her and they are starting to throw the blame on me. Besides, she is a good girl and I'm worried for her safety!" Suzuki Ai almost bursted into tears.

"Sorry, Suzuki-chan, I can't help you in the hunt because my detective agency has no longer exist," Yohji apologized.

"But I can pay you double!"

"I am sorry."

"If Asuka is here, she wouldn't have said THAT to me!" Suzuki Ai screamed angrily.

"Asuka..." The face of Asuka appeared in Yohji's mind.

"Alright, treat that I've never come here before!" Suzuki snarled and prepared to go.

"Chotto, I never say no," Yohji called behind her.

"Really? Then that's a deal!" Suzuki smiled with tears still in her eyes.

"Yohji, are you serious?" Ken whispered. Yohji nodded.

"Leave me out of this," Ran said.

"Don't put me into this matter too," Ken said.

"Omi!" Yohji called.

"Aya-chan! Let's go to school, we're late!" Omi shouted, pulling Aya out of the shop with their bags.

"I got to go to, bye, Ran-san!" Sakura waved and ran after them.

"HOW CAN YOU ABANDON ME LIKE THAT!!!!!!!" Yohji screamed at the running Omi from the entrance of the shop: "YOU DISGRACEFUL KID!!!"

~ + + + + + + ~

Later that evening...

"Still doing your homework?" Ken asked as the weary looking Yohji stumbled back to the basement after roaming out in the street for evidence.

"Any findings?" Ran asked.

"Nope, Omi's much better in tracking job.."

"Speaking of devil..." Ken said.

"Hi, everyone, we're back!" Omi greeted as he and Aya returned from school.

After the WeiB's return, Ran had insisted Aya to go back to school. To reduce her anxiety, he sent her to the same school as Omi. Aya had last attended school when she was 16 years old before her coma. Since she still retained her 16-year-old look, she went to Class 2 B while Omi went to Class 3 C.

Yohji slapped Omi's back: "Hi, Chibi! I need your help!"

"Chibi?" Omi almost choked from the hit.

"A mission, guys!" Manx's voice rang as she walked down the spiral staircase with Burman. Turning to Aya: "Gomen, would you mind leaving this room for a while?"

Aya had already been told about the nature of her brother's secret occupation and readily agreed.

The lights were switched off.

"Good day, WeiB," the computerized image of Persia appeared on the screen: " Since the past two weeks, there has been at least 40 cases of teenage girls abducting incidents. They were all last seen in a nightclub called 'zombie'. My white assassinators, help these villains rewrite their tomorrow."

The screen went blank.

"Is that all?" Ken gasped in disbelief. There was too little clues.

"Isn't there anymore informers in your police department?" Yohji grumbled.

"Probably they are all eliminated during our last battle with SZ," Ran said emotionlessly without moving his eyes from the blank television screen.

"Stop complaining, guys," Manx said: "We've done our best..."

"Besides we have no informers who look like teenage girls to sneak into the enemy's den," Burman continued for Manx: "So far, no corpse of the missing girls are found."

"Yohji, I have helped you look up for the daily activities of your friend's student-Miyuki," Manx said, handing a piece of paper to Yohji: "She comes from a broken family and has gone to several night spots after school, doing several unhealthy activities like drugging and gang fights. The percentage of her getting involved in this case is very high."

"And Suzuki said she was a good girl!" Yohji sighed. It was so hard to define a person's real character from one perspective.

"So, will all be participating?" Burman asked, holding a clipboard.

"I'm in," Ran said.

"So do I," said Yohji.

"Count me in," Ken raised his hand.

"I've no objection," finished Omi.

"Good," Manx smiled: "That'll be WeiB's 1st mission after revival."

"Isn't there any other way to sneak into the club without using young girls as baits?" Ken asked.

"Unfortunately, no," Manx said: "Because our target is too cautious."

"There's no young girl in our team. We can't supposedly ask Aya-chan or Sakura-san to take on the risk!" Yohji protested.

"Well.." Omi muttered: "I've a hysterical suggestion.."

"Wait, don't ever suggest Burman or Manx to act as bait, because they aren't young..." Manx shot a fiery glare at Yohji.

"No.. , it's.." Omi said uncertainly.

"WHAT???!!!!" Ken and Yohji screamed on top of their voice into Omi's face later: "YOU?! Disguise as a GIRL??!!!!!!"

"Seems that it's the only way," Ran said.

"Ran! Talk Omi OUT OF IT!!!!!!" Ken cried out, shaking Ran by his shoulders.

"Omi, are you sure you want to do this?" Ran asked.

"Hai, I've made up my mind," Omi replied firmly.

"I'll give you a hand, Omi," Manx volunteered.

'Uncle...' Omi thought as his eyes turned back to the television screen. His uncle-Persia or Takatori Shuichi was killed during a mission and Manx had created a computerized image of him to motivate WeiB. But somehow, he felt something empty deep inside. This hollowness kept gnawing in him whenever he looked at the soulless image, knowing that Persia was already dead.

~ + + + + + + ~

"This is CRAZY!!!!" Ken complained the twentieth times as he shifted uneasily in a car with Yohji and Ran in a deserted carpark.

"This is not the first time Omi has volunteered to be a bait, Ken-Ken," Yohji said the twentieth times.

"BUT Omi disguising as a girl! That IS the first time!!" Ken screamed.

"Shut up, haven't you disguised as a girl before during the nuclear diskette case (refer Mission # 01 in the series)?" Yohji reminded.

"Quiet, I'm trying to track Omi's signal," Ran said.

Silence fell.

Two minutes passed.

"Oi," Yohji broke the ice: "By the way, have any of you seen Omi in feminine outfit? I'm curious."

"Ask Manx," Ken said wearily: "Only she saw him in the clothing."

"Forget it," Yohji waved a hand as he peered from Ran's shoulder to see the screen on Omi's laptop.

~ + + + + + + ~

The neon light flashed the word 'Zombie' across the signage outside the night club.

Inside, smoke shrouded the ground as colourful lights danced across the hall in a messy rhythm. Loud music pounded while young bodies swayed in exotic movements.

A slim body made its way in the midst of the sweating people. It seemed that the cold air-con was not enough to cool down this excited crowd.

Long layered honey colour hair flowed smoothly down the person's back as she sat quietly in one corner, stirring her drink as if wondering whether she should drink. She wore black-leathered jacket, tight mini skirt and a pair of long black shiny boots, looking like one of the rebellious teenage girls dancing and drinking with their friends in other part of the club.

"I wish this mission will finish soon. I'm a guy!" the person thought smugly. She (actually he) was Omi in disguise. Manx had bought an attached wig to make his original hair appear longer from behind as well as stuffed sports bra to protrude like breasts. His feature was already feminine with bright sky blue eyes, thick eyelashes and well-shaped lips, saving the torture of strong make-up to the relief of Omi. His small shoulder frame and height saved him the embarrassment of looking like a transsexual from outside.

"Hi, Miss, are you lonely? Care to join me in the fun?" A man in his early thirties asked as he put his arm around Omi, purposely caressing the boy's shoulder.

"Leave me alone," Omi said, careful not to leave any male traits in his tone.

"Make me," the man whispered and blew in Omi's ear as he ran his other hand on Omi's smooth thighs within his skirt. Omi almost jolted up from his seat.

~SMACK!~

Omi gave him a tight slap across his face quickly.

"Why, you bitch..." The man growled and grabbed Omi's wrists.

"Leave her alone," A new voice said.

"Who do you think you are? Can't you see I'm busy?" The man growled, pulling Omi closer.

"She does not want to play with you. So get lost!" The newly arrived said firmly. Omi turned to look up at him. The newly arrived man was in his mid twenties and was a head taller than Omi. He had thick eyebrows and broad shoulders and his suit wear made him look outstanding in the night spot.

The first man growled, released Omi's wrists and flew a blow at the second man. Like a lightning, the second man dodged and buried his fist deep into the first man's stomach. Growling and swearing, the first man moved painfully away.

"Thanks," Omi said, rubbing his wrists: "How should I address you?"

"Takashi Rei, what's your name?" The second man asked.

"Om... Hitomi, Takatori Hitomi," Omi lied.

"Oh.., Takatori Hitomi....," Takashi Rei muttered, trying to memorise the name.

Omi almost felt like laughing out loud, thinking: 'Well, I'm not 100% lying, I am Takatori by blood.' It felt so good, playing a little prank on the late notorious Takatori Reiji.

"You don't look like clubbing here," Omi said, looking at Takatori Rei's outfit.

"I'm discussing business with my company clients over there," Takashi pointed to a group of men in formal suit: "See you and take care of yourself. It isn't a safe spot for young girls like you."

"Thanks for your advice," Omi said.

"Jah, Takatori-san."

"Bye, bye!"

'Back to mission,' Omi sighed. It seemed that whenever he went on a mission as a bait, something interesting would interrupt like dancing with Oka one other time.

'Oka-san...' Omi thought longingly.

Suddenly, his ears picked up a soft conversation behind.

"Watch that girl in black, she's a good one," Two men were whispering between themselves.

'Come, come, my little targets...' Omi smirked secretly to himself.

"Good evening, Miss, are you alone here?" One man in black asked.

"Are you talking to me?" Omi asked, pretending to look irritated.

"Yes, Miss, we have something interesting for lonely girls like you to see."

"Can you think of a more innovative way to woo girls?" Omi frowned.

"This one is really interesting," A man said, pulling out something flat and squarish and opened its lid before Omi's eyes.

Omi raised an eyebrow and peered inside. His fine face was reflected in it.

"Hey, it's just a mir..." Omi grumbled, but felt the world suddenly spin around him. He felt himself collapsing into one of the mans' arms.

Everything turned black....

To be continue...