Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Project An ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

+CODE11: REUNION+
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Omi, Takatori Mamoru, Hidaka Ken or any character in Weiss Kreuz. I only own Takashi Rei (Actually Takashi Rei = me Southpark! Heh! Just kidding). Oh, and I DO NOT own Treufel (shocking? You'll know why in the later chapters). So DO NOT sue me, I'm trying to pay off my study loan and can't afford any more blows from suing...... sniff! Warning: RATED PG for yaoi and slight incest implication (if you still call it after reading).
 
THEME: `Gluten' from 'Weiss Kreuz' Gluten opening
 
Pairing: Ken/Omi, Takashi Rei/Omi, Crawford/Omi, slight Masafumi/Omi (Mamoru)???? (Mah! I love pairing big evil characters with cute little Omi), Omi/Aya-chan
 
Now onto the story!
 
// // means telepathy thoughts
 
( ) means quick flashbacks
 
' ` means thoughts
 
~ + + + + ~
 
I have been wandering in the Under World for decades.
 
Dark. Anger. Thirst for my incomplete aim. They all grew in me second by second. I roared. I screamed. I wanted to vent my frustration. But for twenty years, I knew I was already dead.
 
Finally, voices of my juniors brought me back to mortal world; well, almost, calling for my return through the body of a young girl by the name that I've known later as Fujimaya Aya.
 
Before the ritual could complete, four young assassinators named Weiss Kreuz killed my juniors.
 
Is it a fate or fortune that the ritual was far from completion?
 
My soul managed to return to the mortal world. Instead of entering into the body of Fujimaya Aya, my soul found its way to a better body. Despite that this body was almost dead, its mind, for some reasons, was very much active and alive. And many a time, I find myself at wars with the real owner of this body.
 
Through this body, I finally found a child who could complete my curse that had been interrupted twenty years ago. It is strange that this child possesses the element that can achieve the aim of my plan what I failed to succeed many years ago.
 
The child's name is Tsukiyono Omi—happening to be the youngest member of Weiss Kreuz, the assassination team that aimed to bring down my sect - Eszett.
 
~ + + + + ~
 
~BANG!~
 
A fist hammered hard onto the desk in a commercial office, causing a cup of coffee that had been recently served to him to topple off the surface.
 
“Now, now, Takashi-sama,” A female voice laughed: “It's not the end of the world yet. You can always get Takatori Mamoru back.”
 
Takashi Rei glared and looked out of the window as if the approaching woman was invisible.
 
A long slender hand reached to touch his back. He immediately shrank from her touch instantly as if it was acid.
 
“Have you started to remember something?” His voice was calm.
 
“What do I remember? I only remember you saving me under the piles of stones and giving me the opportunity to practice my knowledge in chemistry and physics and nothing else.”
 
“How is Asuka doing?”
 
“Still rebellious as ever. I've locked her up in the basement. When are you going to carry out the `trial' to her?”
 
“Her mind is getting more resistant to my drug. The last time it worked and she went to aid that psychologically insane rat and when I thought she recovered her consciousness through her almost death from her former detective partner's strangle, she regains her memory and starts to flee from me again.”
 
Yes, what is so good about Takatori Masafumi? He is only a fellow classmate of mine to a famous chemist professor in Tokyo University.
 
“Tot? Where is she now?” Takashi Rei asked.
 
“That child is still locking herself in her room. She seems very reluctant to return back to you. You are after all her real father.”
 
`That little brat, she must be still thinking about that psychological insane rat as her father again!' Takashi Rei grinded in his thought.
 
The worst is, that rat is now holding my beloved Mamoru!
 
“Treufel seems restless since her return with you from the warehouse. Does that Weiss boy means so much to her?” The lady asked.
 
“Keep a close watch on her. She is after all, an important shield to Kritiker. And,” Takashi Rei paused: “Let her continue her disguise as a boy. The truth can't be leak to other people yet.”
 
“Yes, I understand,” The lady moved out from the shadow, revealing a lady in full office suit with spectacles, her cold eye-piercing stare gleaming through her lens. It was Hell.
 
An eerie grin drew across her lips: “I'll see to it, Takashi-sama.”
 
~ + + + + ~
 
News report.
 
“3:45 A.M.
 
The entire island of Japan encountered one of the worst earthquakes in history with a Richter scale of 7.5. Many important buildings collapsed. At least 340 people were reported killed and 1000 injured. The number of people missing is still unaccounted. The death and injury poll is expected to rise.
 
Riots, murders and many Residents openly destroy shops and vehicles, stealing things from within. The cities of Tokyo and Kobe are now lapsing into the state of fear and unrest. Religious leaders say that it is the act of their Gods and thousands are lured to seek consoles and hope in these organisations. Many blame our government for its helplessness in responding to the sudden disaster.
 
Our government is facing the greatest challenge to restore peace to the cities. If necessary, Diet government is considering seeking international aid to control the chaotic situation. Germany is the first to offer its assistance to our government. This is the scene of the talks between the German prime minister and our senior ministers in Tokyo.........”
 
Yoji switched off the television and started pacing up and down along the slightly cracked walls in Koneko no Sumu Ie: “Now what has happened to this place? It is almost like the end of the world!”
 
“This is only a small effect from Omi's strength.” Manx said calmly.
 
“Chi!” Yoji glared. There was too much things kept secret from Weiss.
 
“Time to spill out the truth, Persia.” Ran said coldly.
 
“It's too early to tell yet, Ran.” Persia said coolly as he stared in his thoughts from the sofa before the television in the basement.
 
“Ken is going almost crazy with Omi's captive in his room and the effect of Omi's eruption is destroying almost all the city, you says that it is TOO EARLY to tell???” Yoji screamed and stormed at Persia, but Birman held him back.
 
“Why are you hiding the truth of your survival from us? Is there anything to do with Eszett?” Ran asked.
 
“Yes. I had expected Reiji to shoot me and I've worn a bulletproof coat before confronting me.” He motioned to Birman's direction: “I contacted Birman who was stationed in Berlin at that time.”
 
Birman added: “Botan and I picked Persia up immediately after the four of you left the office. Since then, Persia had been filming videos in the warehouse for every mission and passed all the tapes to Manx and me so that we can convert the messages to you. You know, the warehouse we have left last night?”
 
“You went to look for Reiji to fake your death so that you can investigate Eszett by yourself more conveniently?” Ran raised an eyebrow.
 
“Yes.” Nodded Persia untruthfully.
 
Ran did not suspect him. He knew Persia always acted out of ordinary.
 
Little did he know, there was something more behind Persia's visit to Takatori Reiji. Something that concerned Omi's real family background.......
 
“I am very sorry for Botan's death too.” Persia said solemnly: “But he will not die for nothing.”
 
“What about Botan's missing daughter?” Ran suddenly questioned.
 
“Onnichan!” Aya's voice suddenly rang from the top of the spiral staircase: “What has happened to Omi-kun? Why does Ken lock himself in his room? Did you kill Omi-kun?!”
 
A series of footsteps peddled down the wooden steps as the tearful looking Aya ran to shake her elder brother's shoulder. Ran stared at her.
 
“Where is Omi-kun!!!” Aya demanded tearfully: “What have you all done to him?!!!”
 
“He is kidnapped, but he will be safe.” Ran replied calmly.
 
Aya heaved a sigh of relief. Her face suddenly became fearful and her tug resumed again: “Are you going to kill him when he comes back?”
 
“I don't know, but I promise we'll get him out of the kidnappers safe and sound, okay?” Yoji cooed at the other side of the basement, throwing a glance at Ran.
 
Aya looked at each of them, not knowing what to say. She looked at Ran. He did not look at her.
 
“You'll not kill Omi-kun, will you?” She asked hopefully.
 
“I cannot promise.” Ran said firmly.
 
Aya glared angrily at her brother: “I HATE YOU!!!!” She ran off to her bedroom.
 
Takatori Shuichi glared.
 
(FLASH)
 
(Doctors and nurses stared wide-eyed, forgetting their supposed tasks before them.
 
A young dying boy with a respirator over his nose and mouth lay on the surgery bed, unconscious. There was a burnt gun wound on his forehead, yet he was still alive. His breath was ragged and weak. Tubes and wires penetrated all over his frail body.
 
On the screen, his protein cells grew in alarming speed. Much to the Kritiker doctors' shock, the boy's wounds began to close and his pulse stabilized.)
 
(ANOTHER FLASH)
 
(Takatori Shuichi and Manx watched from a viewing glass as a psychologist, on the other side, hypnotized a semi-conscious seven-year-old boy in an enclosed room.
 
“He must never remember his past.” Manx had told the psychologist: “Especially the weeks before and after his `death' during his kidnapped.”
 
“Yes, I'll make sure that only a fake memory of his uncle saving him from the kidnappers is installed in his mind.” The man nodded.
 
Cold-eyed, Takatori Shuichi watched and listened to their conversation.)
 
“Just like what Manx had did to Kaori to forget Weiss's existence (see OVA).” Persia thought inwardly.
 
What if...... what if Mamoru, what if Omi knows about this? It will definitely hurt him a hundred, no, a thousand times more than when he recalled Takatori Reiji's refusal to pay his ransom.
 
~ + + + + ~
 
Crawford looked through a wide bulletproof glass across the room where Tsukiyono Omi laid unconsciously. He was still wearing his mission coat. Takatori Masafumi was forbidding anyone to near Omi, not to mention touching him.
 
The boy was breathing evenly on the soft bed. His long lashes eyes revealing a sense of peacefulness as he dozed in his slumber, his hands resting lightly on his chest.
 
Crawford narrowed his eyes.
 
//He doesn't trust us at all, Crawford.// Schuldig's voice penetrated his mind.
 
“Agree.” Crawford smirked.
 
// Look at the way this boy is locked. No one except him can open the entrance to the room. //
 
// It is heavily protected by passwords and heavy materials. I wonder what is he thinking now? //
 
“Stop complaining.” Masafumi's voice rang from behind: “You do not know how cunning Takashi Rei is. He'll come to take Mamoru-chan away at all cost. I'm expecting him to come anytime now. And your job.....”
 
Masafumi draped his arms over Crawford and Schuldig's shoulders: “........ is to make sure Mamoru does not leave this room. Is that understood?”
 
“Wait, the sleeping beauty is awaking.” Schuldig suddenly smiled. A strange light suddenly shone in Masafumi's eyes and instantly vanished, but Crawford had seen it all.
 
Omi did not stir in his bed.
 
“Oh, just kidding.” Schuldig smirked: “I have a rather poor eyesight.”
 
“Really? Just make sure the little boy does not escape under your nose or you'll get it from me. Understand?” Masafumi tried to hold back his anger at Schuldig's prank and walked off.
 
// See that? Even his elder brother is obsessed with him.// Schuldig smirked.
 
//What do you mean `even'?// Crawford responded.
 
//I thought someone here is looking longingly at our sleeping beauty here. Look at this little angel, so pure and beautiful, it is no wonder that even our Crawford here is interested in him........// Schuldig mocked innocently.
 
//Shut up, Schuldig. Who's the one who says that Mamoru looks dashing in feminine clothes?//
 
“But really, our sleeping beauty is awaking.” Schuldig said.
 
“The same old trick cannot be used twice, Schuldig,” Crawford said: “Ever heard of the story about `a boy call wolf'?”
 
“But it's true.” Schuldig laughed and pointed. Crawford turned to look.
 
~ + + + + ~
 
“Takatori Mamoru........ Takatori Mamoru.......”
 
A cold voice, resembling that of Hidaka Ken's, revolted in the sea of darkness.
 
Unexplainable emotions ran through him.
 
Disappointment. Remorse. Pity for himself.
 
What has he done to deserve all these betrayals?
 
First, his father. Then his brother—Takatori Hirofumi, Kritiker, Ran, Yoji and now, Ken. Who can he trust in this world? There is no one to live for anymore.
 
The corpse of Yuriko lying on the ground flashed before his eyes. Wide horrified eyes. It was not a wonder that Ken would lose his sanity.
 
Yoji's look. His concern for Omi did not diminish even when he was commanded to kill the boy.
 
Ran's eyes. Although it was cold, a faint glint of warmth lingered deep inside, proving that despite he had to follow the instruction as a leader, he did not want Omi to suffer too long.
 
No, everyone still cares; it's just his poor fate, his poor life.
 
“Dameyo, Omi! Your mother does not want to see you like this!” Persia's voice rang through his mind.
 
My mother, how does she look like? I can hardly remember at all.
 
Persia, are you still alive? Or am I dead?
 
Light flashed before his eyes as he suddenly snapped his eyes open.
 
Greeted before him was a comfortable looking bedroom with a large mirror besides his bed. Little did he know it was a one-sided view glass from outside.
 
Startled, Omi sat up in bed. He was still in his mission attire, but his darts and crossbow was gone. His eyes darted around the room frantically. Besides, the bed he was now sitting, there was a table, a chair and some richly looking decorations that were insufficient to use as a weapon.
 
Where was he now?
 
“Oji-san! Are you around? Where am I?” Omi called, hoping to see Persia and he struggled out of bed. Strangely, the wounds from Ken had disappeared as if they were not there. All his pains were gone.
 
Omi walked straight to the door and tried to pull it open. It was locked. Angered by his unknown circumstances, he started to bang the door with his small body.
 
~ + + + + ~
 
“Ohhh, our little kitten is agitated.” Schuldig grinned, beginning to entertain himself by reading Omi's mind.
 
“So, my ototo has awakened, hasn't he?” Masafumi's voice suddenly appeared from behind: “I've been looking forward to my reunion with my Mamoru-chan. You two may take your leave now.”
 
//My, he is talking just like his dead old man—Takatori Reiji.// Schuldig telepathised to Crawford.
 
Masafumi's eyes suddenly turned bright gold. His voice was slow and menacing, “Do you get my message? Get out of here. Now.”
 
“We understand, Mr. Takatori.” Crawford smiled with a light bow, pulled Schuldig and retreated back to the main hall.
 
~ + + + + ~
 
“Welcome back, Mamoru-chan.” A strange familiar voice called and the door slided open.
 
Omi tried to slip past the newly arrived, but the door slided shut. His curious blue eyes looked up and met the sly face of his `dead' elder brother—Takatori Masafumi.
 
“Urggh!!!” As if touched by fire, Omi jumped away from the supposedly dead.
 
“What's the matter, Mamoru-chan?” Masafumi grinned: “Haven't we been playing together when we were young?”
 
Conveniently, Masafumi pulled a curtain covering the mirror in case any of the Schwartz returned. His smile widened as Omi backed fearfully against the wall.
 
Masafumi closed his distance between him and Omi and pressed a hand besides Omi's face to block his escape.
 
“Mamoru-chan.” Omi felt Masafumi's face too close, their noses almost touching: “I miss you so much, Mamoru-chan. We hung around together a lot, more than you with Hirofumi aniki.”
 
“What do you want?” Omi felt ashamed of his shaky weak voice: “I don't remember anything at all and you are supposed to be dead.”
 
“I am, but there is something about our uncle Shuichi that you never know.” Masafumi's face was now semi-darkened by the block of ceiling light as he leaned towards Omi: “I've come to rescue my beloved ototo from that cheater.”
 
A flash came into his mind.
 
Under a rusty metal beam, a child was running, panting heavily.
 
His fear in his eyes grew as a man in silhouette pointed a silver pistol at his forehead.
 
“Sayonara, Mamoru-kun.”
 
The fingers pulled the trigger and shot the boy in his forehead.
 
“Sah, you've finally remembered that part, don't you?” Masafumi grinned.
 
”Doshitte........” Omi stammered, wide-eyed in shock.
 
“Doshitte nani?” Masafumi's grin widened.
 
Omi felt exhausted and his body sank down onto the ground, but Masafumi held him by his shoulder.
 
“I really care for you, Mamoru-chan,” Masafumi whispered affectionately: “What ever memories you've been fed has been nothing but fake. Your uncle did not save you in time when you were kidnapped. You were shot in your head, Mamoru-chan.”
 
“No.....” Omi writhed weakly, clenching his head in pain.
 
“I can't imagine how much other important memories our Uncle Shuichi has erased from your mind, Mamoru-chan.”
 
“No, stay away from me......” Omi writhed, almost sobbing: “I need to think.”
 
“Alright, I'll come back again. And remember, I'm the only one in the world who really care for you.”
 
Omi felt himself been supported onto the bed and the hold was released from him. A series of shoes trotted across the room, followed by the sound of door opening and closing. Then, silence.
 
Omi curled himself onto the bed and sobbed silently. All his belief, his faith collapsed. So, all along, his memories were nothing, but false information input by his Uncle, the only person he had trusted all his life.
 
~ + + + + ~
 
“BAD NEWS, BAD NEWS!!!!” Aya-chan screamed frantically as she stormed into the mission room.
 
“Calm down, what is it?” asked Manx.
 
“A note!” Aya waved a piece of paper in the air: “It's Ken. He said he is going to rescue Omi-kun by himself!”
 
“WHAT?” Yoji yelled: “What the hell is that kid thinking?”
 
Ran narrowed his eyes.
 
~ + + + + ~
 
Amidst the cold weather night, a nineteen-year-old young man with sharp bugnuks was riding his motorcycle against the howling wind.
 
“Wait for me, Omi,” He grinded in his thoughts: “Wait for me. I've yet to confess my feeling to you.”
 
~ + + TBC + + ~
 
AN: Alright, this is a short and boring chapter, to build a background for my next few chapters. So I'm not expecting reviews from this chapter, sigh..........