Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Project An ❯ Contradicting Feeling ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CODE12: CONTRADICTING FEELING
 
Disclaimer: Same old words. I do not own Takatori Mamoru, Tsukiyono Omi and any characters from Weiss Kreuz, or Fujimaya Ran and Hidaka Ken will be fighting over (Mamoru) Omi like Tooya and Yuuhi over Mikage Aya in `Ayashi no Ceres', okay? The two make-up names—Takashi Rei and Treufel are created to facilitate the appearance of the hidden characters mentioned by Tot and Botan in anime series.
 
Rated: PG
 
Pairing: Ken/Omi, Crawford/Omi, Masafumi/Omi, maybe Ran/Omi
 
Theme: `Seaside Suicide' by Yuuki Hiro (Tsukiyono Omi)
 
means telepathy thoughts
 
( ) means flashbacks
 
` ` means thoughts
 
 
 
`Omi, I am going to save you. No matter how difficult it will be, even if it means costing my life, I will never let you leave my side. Never ever.......'
 
Along the street of Shinjuku, the words, like songs on radio, circulated in Ken's mind.
 
Wither leaves flew down the trees as wind blew. The scene, like a playback of an old movie, was shrouded in yellowish light.
 
The seven-year old Mamoru ran happily out of the Takatori mansion. He tripped and fell onto the ground. His eldest brother—Hirofumi ran to help the child up and brushed the dirt off his shirt. Mamoru looked over his brother's shoulder and laughingly ran towards his second elder brother—Masafumi. Masafumi was holding a butterfly by its wings.
 
Suddenly, Masafumi tore the insect apart. Mamoru stood back in silent fear at his brother's cruelty. Masafumi got up and consoled the boy. Pulling and cooing the child by his hand, he led the child to his personal laboratory amidst a cluster of eerie looking forest.
 
“I don't want to go, nii-san!” Mamoru tried to pull himself away from his elder brother.
 
“It's going to be fun, Mamoru, you'll enjoy yourself thoroughly.” Dark ecstasy light of craze glowed in Masafumi's slanted eyes. Like the Black Hole in the mysterious galaxy, his pupils started to spread all over in his eyes like gathering clouds before the eve of a thunderstorm.
 
“YAMETE!!!!!!!”
 
Immediately, the yellowish light covered mansion vanished, followed by trees, then Masafumi. But his eerie black shiny eyes lingered in the air with his laughter for a while before they disappeared.
 
Then, black.
 
Omi bolted up in bed. Dizziness swept over him. He felt his throat running dry. His forehead was burning hot.
 
`I must be running with fever after running in the rain over the entire night.' Dull blue eyes stared blankly at the locked door and then at the clock at the fireplace.
 
`I wonder what's the time now?' Omi thought as he got out of bed unsteadily. His legs felt like jelly under him. He grabbed the side of the bed just in time before he hit facedown onto the floor.
 
Just then, he caught sight of a hidden needle like camera behind the clock. He felt a small smile blooming within him.
 
He had never hacked into a security system by himself before.
 
In his scrutiny of the dark office within the regional traffic police station, Hidaka Ken tapped furiously on the computer keyboard, staring attentively at the screen at the same time.
 
He was thankful that there were traffic cameras along the roads. In this way, he could trace the route of Masafumi's vehicle on the day he and the Schwartz abducted Tsukiyono Omi.
 
The car had turned and disappeared round a bend where there was no further record of its trace. Ken grinded his teeth. There must be some other ways to track down where Masafumi was taking Omi.
 
“You never will find Masafumi in this rate.” A cold feminine voice said.
 
“Schreient!” Ken caught sight of an elegantly dressed lady in spectacles and office wear leaning against the main exit with her arms crossed. Hell gave a mysterious smile.
 
She held out a piece of paper. ”Go to this place. He is probably there together with your friend. Don't ask me further question. There is no time.”
 
Ken stared, snatched the paper and dashed out of the door.
 
Behind him, Hell's smirk widened.
 
Loud siren whined hysterically, breaking the silence of the building and announcing the breakout of a fire in Omi's room.
 
Masafumi reached quickly to a little CCTV in his room overseeing the event in his younger brother's room to catch a glimpse of the small unconscious form of Bombay lying facedown on the ground, heavily surrounded by black smoke and fire.
 
“MAMORU!!!!” Masafumi yelped and made a dash to Omi's room, barking orders to his men and Schwartz as he did so. Takatori Mamoru was not going to die in his arms yet.
 
The door was instantly broke down under Masafumi's familiarity of all passwords and systems. Without waiting for his men to put out the fire, he rushed into the room, loaded the unconscious Omi into his strong arms and fled the room at the same time to a ready stretcher.
 
“GET MAMORU TO THE TREATMENT ROOM NOW!!!!!!” Masafumi roared at the waiting nurses. Ignoring the people putting out the fire, he ran along with the bed- ridden Omi towards the operation room. Omi was frighteningly pale. Although there was no visible burn on the boy, there was no colour of blood in his face and lips.
 
Bending his face nearer Omi's, Masafumi called: “Mamoru, Mamoru, can you hear me?”
 
A strange pain pierced into the skin in his neck, followed by dizziness. Masafumi's eyes widened with astonishment, Omi's hand was holding a small needle besides his face.
 
Omi weakly opened his eyes. “....Arigato, nii-san, for saving my life. Don't worry, this is only a sleeping drug.” Climbing out of the bed, he pushed the stunned nurses aside and made his way out of the building.
 
`Wait for me, jii-san, I must talk to you personally.' Omi thought.
 
“Where are you going, Weiss?” Nagi's voice appeared behind him.
 
`Oh no, trouble number one!' Omi gasped and increased his pace, trying to ignore the unbearable throbbing in his head.
 
“Oh no you don't!” Nagi snickered. A wave of force crashed across the passage, sending Omi fly forward and banged facedown onto the floor.
 
Omi dug his fingers into his shoe, pulled out a dart and shot Nagi, successfully distracting him a short moment before he made his escape.
 
“Where is Mamoru going?” Omi heard Crawford's voice asking behind him.
 
Omi did not dare to look back and bolted through the fire escape door.
 
“You will never run away from us, Mamoru.” Omi heard Crawford's confident voice echoed from above. “Because your activity is within our control.”
 
A leg slipped beneath. Omi screamed as he tumbled down the steps until his body rolled onto the resting ground between the two staircases. Pain twined all over him.
 
“It hurts me to see you injuring yourself so much, Mamoru.” Crawford sighed as he walked causally down towards Omi. “Don't you know how much I care for you?”
 
`Quit your stupid nonsense and shut your mouth up.' Omi cursed under his breath and shot out of the nearest exit door.
 
There was a loud crash.
 
Crawford ran after the boy. There was a large hole on the glass window overlooking the Olympic size swimming pool before the building.
 
“You'll never escape from my grip, Mamoru.” Crawford suddenly smiled.
 
Under the chaos created from the countrywide earthquake, all cities in Japan sank into a state of Emergency. Riots were so common that security points had to be set every road point to ensure discipline. Curfew was imposed.
 
Dripping and thoroughly soaked to the skin, Omi slipped into the street, making his way to the florist shop, hoping to find Persia, at the same time, fearing the fatal confrontation of Fujimaya Ran. The street was ghastly deserted, like an abandoned town after a volcano eruption.
 
Amidst the pink streak across the sky, dawn was breaking. But, what time was it, Omi did not know.
 
“Stop, do you know that no one is allowed to go into the street before 9a.m.?” A military man called out at Omi when he attempted to pass a checkpoint.
 
Omi blinked, partially from his fever dizziness, and partially not understanding.
 
Another man in military uniform moved behind Omi and handcuffed him without warning.
 
Apprehension grew in Omi's childlike face.
 
“Sorry, kid, we have to put you under detention.” The man explained.
 
Omi tried to struggle, but like an iron grip, the men half dragged or half carried Omi to the nearest vehicle to send him to the detention cell.
 
One man's eyes suddenly went blank and collapsed onto the ground, revealing the tall form of Hidaka Ken.
 
“Ken-kun!” Omi whispered in surprise. The other man fell before he could attack the bugnuks armed man.
 
Ken reached forward and pulled the stunned looking boy into a tight hug. “Gomen ne sai, Omi, I'm late! Gomen ne sai!” Omi's burning forehead touched Ken's shoulder. ”Oh my gosh, you are burning hot!”
 
“You are not going to kill me?” Omi whispered weakly. “What is going on here?”
 
“It's a long story. All along for months, the entire military has fallen under Takatori Masafumi's control. None of us have known about this. I only got to learn this when I overheard one military general communicating with this man over their radio about something like new orders from Takatori Masafumi to catch you alive.”
 
Ken supported Omi in his arm and slashed the handcuffs open with his bugnuks. “We have to hurry. The Schwartz is on the way here.”
 
“Too late, Weiss, we are here to collect Takatori Mamoru.” Farfarello's voice appeared.
 
Startled, Ken lifted his eyes to see the grinning Irishman with Crawford standing behind with a small smile.
 
“I'll never let you take Omi away from me again!” Ken roared and pulled Omi behind him protectively.
 
“We'll see who's getting the last laugh.” Crawford smirked.
 
Farfarello snarled and sprang at Ken.
 
Ken's eyes darted for Omi and widened to see Crawford moving towards the helplessly weak younger boy.
 
“Omi, RUN!!!!!!” Ken screamed and lunged to pull Omi with him to run together, but Farfarello's attack kept him away from Omi.
 
Helplessly, he could only watch as Crawford forcefully grabbed Omi by his wrists, handcuffed the boy and pulled him into a waiting black sedan.
 
“OMI!!!!!!!!!”
 
Crawford's smirk widened as he looked at the fearful looking boy sitting besides him.
 
“Leave Ken-kun out of....” Omi started. His large blue eyes widened as the American reached forward and caressed his lips against his own.
 
“You are down with fever.”
 
“That's none of your business!!” Omi retorted angrily. “Don't dream of bringing me back to Masafumi....”
 
“I'm not taking you back, I'm going to bring you to Germany.” Crawford gave a strange smile. His sedan roared into life.
 
Omi glared fearfully back at the shrinking form of fighting Ken and Farfarello.
 
“Not so fast, Schwartz.” A cold voice called. A blade drew through the ceiling of the sedan as though it was made of cloth. A long slash appeared to reveal Fujimaya Ran's cold face. Red hair flew wildly across his pale face as the sedan swerved dangerously to and fro on the road.
 
“I'm glad to meet you for another fight, but I do not have leisure to do it today.” Crawford grinned.
 
“I'm not interested for a fight. I'm here to retrieve Bombay.” Ran said coldly.
 
“Retrieve Bombay? Or to retrieve Bombay's corpse?” Crawford laughed mockingly.
 
Ran made a final cut on the roof and chopped at Crawford who ducked away just in time. The sedan flew towards a down slope. Ran's slant eyes narrowed, shot a wire to the nearest tree, pulled Omi by his waist and flew out of the sedan. Crawford jumped out just in time.
 
Omi stared as the black sedan fell. An image of a fear-streaked lady in Japanese kimono with blond hair and blue eyes spread her hand forward overlapped Omi's vision of the falling sedan.
 
Omi's blue eyes widened.
 
The image, as instantly appeared, vanished.
 
`Who is she?' A strange thought came into Omi's mind. She looked so unfamiliar, yet so close.
 
Explosions from the hit sedan, followed by waves of heat swept up the slope.
 
Sliding coolly on his feet, Crawford moved swiftly towards Omi.
 
Return back to the Headquarter now. We've got problem here.Schuldig's voice penetrated through Crawford's mind.
 
Crawford's smile faltered. “Got to go for now. Will come back for Mamoru next time.” With that, he leaped into the darkness.
 
Omi's face darkened and spoke without looking at the Weiss unofficial leader. “You are going to kill me, aren't you, Ran-kun?”
 
Silence.
 
Omi pushed himself from Ran's embrace, but the older man refused to let go.
 
“I need to see Persia. When everything's done, I'll return for you to take my life.”
 
Omi suddenly felt the red hair assassinator turned his shoulders so that the teenage archer faced him. “I never want to kill you, Omi.”
 
“Isn't this what you want? Didn't you say I'm a lead to destroy the city?”
 
Omi yelped as Ran pulled Omi into a tight embrace and buried his face in the soft blond hair.
 
Earnestly, Ran whispered: ”Gomen, I've been forced to do that because someone has broke into the Kritiker's information system. If we remained ignorance of the break-in, we'll never know who the culprit is. Without knowing who and where this unseen enemy is, we are unable to protect you, Omi.”
 
“But you were so persistent in killing me then......”
 
“I had left an anonymous note to Aya so that she would appear in the right timing to `stop' me from killing you so that you can run away without enemy's suspicious.”
 
Tears welled up Omi's eyes. “Why didn't you tell me that earlier? I hate you.”
 
Ran tightened his embrace to the younger boy as he wept in his arms.
 
As fast as Farfarello launched the attack, he suddenly abandoned his fight with Ken and ran off. Not sparing a time to breath, Ken ran towards where Crawford had left with Omi. As he ran, he heard some talking.
 
“Ran! With Omi!” Ken exclaimed in fear. He knew how persistent the leader was in taking Omi's life as if Omi was Takatori Reiji himself. Fearing for Omi's life, he ran faster.
 
“.........Without knowing who and where this unseen enemy is, we are unable to protect you, Omi.” Ran's voice said earnestly.
 
Ken ducked behind a pillar and saw the embracing figure of Ran and Omi. There was unusual softness in Ran's eyes that he swore he had never seen Ran showing such tenderness with anyone else throughout their two years of assassination life.
 
A strange thought rose in his mind.
 
Maybe Ran was in love with Omi. Maybe Omi had already accepted Ran. This thinking brought a sour feeling within Ken. He had yet to confess his feeling to Omi and Ran had done it before him.
 
At the same time, Takashi Rei, bringing along Treufel and Tot, were on their way to take Omi. In Takashi Rei's hand was a rolled stroll.
 
In the secluded darkness, Masafumi smiled mysteriously, his strangely golden eyes glaring eerily in the room. He had drew the Schwartz back from their pursue so that his other target will meet up with his initial target.
 
Everything was moving according to his plan. He was going to hit two birds with a stone.
 
His smirk widened.
 
 
 
TO BE CONTINUE.........
 
 
 
Author's Notes:
 
 
I find Omi looking totally different from his half-brothers, father and uncle as well as half-sister in the anime. In fact, Omi does not look Japanese at all!! Blue eyes and blond hair, he looks more westernized than Brad Crawford! Never seen Omi's mother in colored photo, maybe Omi's mother—Kikuno is a Eurasian? She might have blond hair and blue eyes, you may never know, Omi's look could be 100% inherited from Kikuno's. I'm going a bit towards Ran/Omi; I can't hold my Ran/Omi lust anymore. Please don't kill me, Ken/Omi fans!! The main pairing will still be Ken/Omi, except I add some Ran/Omi, so it'll look a bit explainable for Ran's action to Omi despite Omi's tolerance and understanding to Ran.