Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Reality's Game ❯ Mission's Ending ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own Weiß Kreuz. It's owned by Takehito, Koyasu.
 
 
Notes: Italics are thoughts throughout this story.
 
 
 
Reality's Game
Chapter 5: Mission's Ending
 
 
 
Ran stood amongst the corpses in the now blood soaked hallway, his chest heaving with each breath he took from the strenuous work out he just had. It was a nasty little diversion he had done to get Yohji on his way and near the end it started to become a little iffy as he began to slow down due to the loss of blood from the gunshot wound he'd received earlier. Thankfully though, the two guards that were left were stupid enough to let the young swords man get in between them.
 
They were also stupid enough to discharge their guns at the same moment, so that when he dodged the on coming bullets, they neatly became lodged into the chest of the opposite guard.
 
Ran shook his head at the two dead men, “Fools,” he called them before turning his attention in the direction of which his teammate had run off in. He didn't know how much time had passed since he had seen Yohji run off that way from the corner of his eye. He hoped Yohji had enough time in which to complete the mission.
 
Ran rubbed his face and slid down to the floor. This was supposed to have been a simple enough mission, but everywhere they had turned there were more complications rising up to block their path. He also knew that those armed guards hadn't been there to pay the two assassins any type of social call or to provide them with an escort to their target. They were trying to kill the two men and he had the bullet wound to prove it.
 
To him all of it could only mean one thing to the red head. They had known Weiß was coming to begin with. How they knew? That question popped up into his mind. Was it because of Omi trying to hack his way into their system? On the other hand, had they been there because there was some sort of leak within Kritiker?
 
His eyes narrowed thoughtfully.
 
If there was a traitor there, Persia needed to be told about it and soon.
 
 
--OO—
 
 
“Ken-kun, now what's going on?” Omi asked the brunet anxiously. Their half an hour was almost up and it was causing the hacker to grow more worried as each second passed by.
 
“Nothing is. It's all quiet now…”
 
Omi began to bite one of his nails while musing. “That doesn't sound good. Maybe I should try to reset the time again for them? They probably need it.”
 
“Iie, remember what you said about that thing? If you try to do it again it won't let you. It'll only do more harm than good if you try it.”
 
“You know, Ken, for once I think you said something intelligent, however, you're right.” Omi admitted with a sigh. “What are we going to do then?”
 
“Not insult me to begin with please…. Wait a minute, hold on.”
 
“Hold on?”
 
“Yeah, hold on, I think I just heard Aya call someone an idiot.” Ken said. “Hopefully he was calling Yohji that.”
 
“Really!”
 
Ken frowned. “Damn it went silent again. … Oh well, I would say that right now would be a good time to throw caution to the wind.”
 
“What do you mean? What are you going to do?”
 
“Watch, Omi, just watch…” He turned on the microphone. “Abyssinian, do you copy? More to the point are you and Balinese still alive?”
 
There was a pause as he waited for an answer, which didn't take long in coming.
 
 
--OO—
 
 
The sound of Ken's voice jolted Ran out of his contemplations. “What do you want Siberian?”
 
“Is everything alright with you and Balinese?” The voice over the COM asked. “What happened to the both you? We heard fighting.”
 
“A few guards were waiting for us as we got off the elevator. Before you ask again, we're both alive. I'm waiting for Balinese to come back.”
 
“You two got separated then?”
 
“Had too, the mission wouldn't be completed on time if we didn't.”
 
“Ahh… I think I understand. How long has he been gone?”
 
“I lost track of time,” Ran replied.
 
Just as soon as he said that, he saw Yohji sauntering down the corridor. “Wait a minute, here he comes. We'll be down soon.”
 
“”Okay,” Ken said cutting off their signal.
 
Ran stood; cutting his own head set off and slowly walked towards the playboy. “What took you so long Balinese?” He asked when they both got within hearing distance of each other.
 
“I needed a smoke, besides the freak didn't want to be nice and keel over dead for me. I had to do it the hard way and with a bit of coaxing.”
 
Ran raised an eyebrow curiously.
 
“I mean you would think that with my good looks, all he would have to do was take one small look at me and die of jealousy, but nooo,” he sigh expansively. “I actually had to do some work.”
 
“Shocking…” Ran murmured to himself before asking Yohji, “The mission is complete then?”
 
“Yeah, the guy is as dead as a door nail.”
 
“Good, let's go then,” Ran commanded turning his back on Yohji and headed back to the elevator. Yohji could tell that the red head was still in pain, because with each step he took it was with the slow precision of someone who had been wounded.
 
“When we get outside we're going to have to take care of your side.” Yohji told him after he had easily caught up with Ran.
 
“I'll be fine, Kudoh.” Ran growled.
 
“Yeah, sure, be fine all you want, but there's no way in hell you're getting into my car bleeding like you are.” He crossed his arms. “If you don't like that then you can walk all the way home.”
 
“Fine.”
 
“I knew you'd see things my way.” Yohji said a bit smugly.
 
The two men stepped into the elevator and were soon on their way down to the entrance of the building.
 
 
--OO—
 
 
“They'll be here shortly.” Ken assured the blond boy. “It sounded as if they were fine as well.”
 
“Good. Let's start getting things packed and ready so we can leave as soon as they come out here.”
 
Ken nodded in agreement and the two began to quickly pick up the equipment and put it away in the trunk of the car.
 
As soon as they put away everything that needed to be away, they noticed Ran and Yohji walking towards them.
 
Ran leaned against Yohji, his right arm draped across the lanky man's shoulder while his left hand laid pressed against his side.
 
“Ken-kun! I thought you said they were alright!” Omi half yelled at the former soccer player before rushing over to Yohji and Ran. “Aya-kun, Yohji-kun what happened?”
 
“Well, chibi, seems that a bullet was led down the path of seduction by our leader's brilliant personality, so it decided that it wanted to get to know him a little better.” Yohji started to explain grandly. “Unfortunately, it found out that his ever so charming iciness was only skin deep.”
 
“Yohji-kun, can't you be serious for once in your life?”
 
“Oh, I am serious, but only about the things you don't understand about. At least not yet anyway.” He flashed the young teen a quick smile. “However, the fool decided to be a decoy for me and took on some guards while happily bleeding to death. On the way out of the elevator he damned near passed out from that blood loss, so can we please do something about this? I would really hate it if he ruined my brand new upholstery.”
 
“Ok, Ken-kun go fetch the first aid kit for me will you?” Omi asked looking behind him.
 
“Right,” Ken grabbed the kit and brought it back to the hacker.
 
Omi thanked the older man and with Yohji's help placed Ran on the ground. Together they removed some of Ran's assassin clothing before the red head could even protest.
 
“Hmmm…” Omi sounded at the back of throat as he examined the wounded man. “The bullet is still in there. It needs to come out before we can even try to stop the bleeding.” He glanced up at Yohji and smiled sweetly. “It's a good thing they taught me the basics of first aid in school, ne?”
 
Yohji's eyes widened a little as he watched the young man get everything ready.
 
“There, preparation is complete.” Omi commented picking up a pair of forceps. “Yohji-kun, would you do me a favor? Put a gag in his mouth or something please? We have nothing to dull the pain so it might hurt a bit and I'd rather not have him screaming at the top of his lungs. It might attract unwanted attention.”
 
Yohji grabbed a hold to the sheath of Ran's katana and brought the hilt to Ran's mouth. “Here bite down on this Aya.”
 
As soon as the injured assassin sunk his teeth into the handle, Omi got down to business.
 
It didn't take the blond too long to remove the bullet for he was quickly bandaging his leader up.
 
“There, that should keep him from bleeding all over your car, Yohji-kun,” Omi said cheerfully while checking the tightness of his handy work. “ I want to check this again when we reach the Koneko, though, I want to be sure that this doesn't need to be cauterized.”
 
“Whatever you say kid.” Yohji picked Ran up with a grunt. “He needs to go on a diet.”
 
All throughout the whole process Ran never made a sound of complaint but grunted when Yohji made that comment. “You drop me Kudoh, and I'll kill you.”
 
Yohji took him to the car and placed him in the back seat.
 
When he had settled the man into position, the rest climbed in and they were off to their home.
 
 
--OO—
 
 
“I did as you told me to do.”
 
“Good, what was their reaction?”
 
“It's all in the report I just handed to you.”
 
“I know that, I'm asking you however to tell me.”
 
A momentary pause was followed by the sound of a person sighing. “So far there is little to no sign of stress, yet at least. Although, now that one of them is wounded it might help them some. I still feel that they should be given a small break to allow the wound some time to heal. If he dies at this point then it will be no good for us.”
 
“Dead, alive, what does it matter? I'll get someone else if I must. I'll give it some thought, though.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“However, I think it's time for us to bring out some bigger artillery. It's obvious to me that these paltry assignments are not enough. A real threat is due.”
 
“You mean…”
 
“Yes, that. As soon as it happens start recording ever bit of data possible and bring it to me. I think I'll enjoy seeing them squirm.”
 
“Yes, sir. Is that all?”
 
“For now it is.”
 
“Alright, then I'll be getting things ready on my end.”
 
“Oh, yes, one more thing before you go, the threat still stands. Don't do anything and I mean anything to hinder this operation.”
 
“I understand.”
 
“I'm glad you do. You're dismissed.”
 
 
 
 
Author's Notes: Well now… it's not as long as I would have wanted it to be… but then again a chapter can be as long as a person wants. Anyway, I'm kind of shocked that I got this finished and it seems to me like my lazy ass muse has finally decided to start working…
 
Schu: Hn I never stopped to begin with…
 
Whatever, anyway I hope you enjoyed this. Review if you want, don't if you must. Hail and Farewell!