Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Song of the Gentle Wind ❯ PROLOGUE: Cherry Blossoms ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TITLE: Song of the Gentle Wind

CHAPTER: Prologue

BY: Simply Kim

GENRE: Yaoi (Angst/Humor)

CAST: The guys from Weiß and Schwarz… who else? ^_^

DISCLAIMERS: The series I'm referring to do not belong to me… ^_^

* * *

PROLOGUE: Cherry Blossoms

"Oi! Kenken!"

A chocolate-haired boy turned after hearing the sound of his name being called. He grinned when he saw who it was, his eyes dancing mischievously, running a hand through his hair, as he waited for the other to catch up.

"Eh? What's the matter now, Yo-tan?" He asked, steadying the swaying blond.

"Itai… that was some dash… you're real fast Ken… good thing that I'm not your opponent in your whatchamacallit game!"

Ken slapped the other boy playfully on the head. "It's called "Soccer", stupid!" He admonished, shaking his head at the other's ignorance of anything related to sports. "And Youji, I do not walk fast - you're just too slow! What you need is proper exercise!"

"Exercise?" Youji gave Ken a confused look. "But I get exercise - every night!"

A vein popped on Ken's forehead. "Baka!" he yelled, loud and forceful enough for Youji's hair to stand on end. "That is not exercise! That is called SEX! That can't possibly be a form of exercise, because the only thing you develop in there are your… your…"

"My impressive length." Youji said, a-matter-of-factly, giving Ken an amused grin. "Don't be so worked up about it Ken… really, you should get laid… it's much fun than playing soccer, you know!"

"Youji… teme…"

"Ohayo Youji-kun, Ken-kun!"

The warring pair turned and waved as they spotted a happily-skipping boy dragging cradling a white kitten in one arm and holding an opened pack of Pocky on the other.

"Oi, Omittchi!" Youji greeted, patting the boy on the back upon reaching them. "What brought you here? I thought you have a class at this hour?"

The normally smiling boy gave the elder man a dark look upon hearing the much-detested nickname christened by him. It quickly disappeared as he remembered what he came to tell the other two.

"Ah, the class was dissolved… drat Mr. Myers!" He sighed, a small smile still on his lips. "I have some news, guys!"

"Oh yeah? Is it good or bad?" Ken asked, ruffling the boy's already-messed blond hair.

"It's good!" The boy squealed. "Remember the empty room beside mine in our dorm?"

"Yeah? What about it?"

"Someone's gonna move in there!" He crowed, waving the pack of Pocky in the air, spilling some of its contents on the pavement. "Oops…" He frowned a bit as he looked at the dusty treats littering the ground, then, he turned to the other two again, who was looking at him with interest evident in their eyes. "Isn't that great?"

"Yeah." Ken conceded. "It's great! I mean… that room is the most lavish one right? So the one who would occupy it would definitely be loaded! Very interesting… I wonder how he looks like…"

"What is he like, you mean." Youji interjected. "The last person who occupied that room was so stuck-up that no one wanted to do anything with him." He sighed. "I hope this time, it would be different."

"Yeah… that too." He turned to the smaller boy. "It was hard living next to the guy ne, Omi."

Omi's features sharpened. "Yeah… really hate the guy! He stole my laptop!"

Ken sighed. He was very much envious of people like Omi. They had costly gadgets delivered almost every day. He's rich… and he only belonged in a middle class family, and was in the school because of a scholarship and financial support of his grandfather who was so fond of him even if they only met for a few times. People like Omi only cares for what they're going to spend their money on next, while he, on the other hand, works his butt off in a coffee shop in the university premises in order to gain more pocket money. His allowance is only enough for his basic needs…

"Uh, earth to Kenken!"

Ken snapped out of his reverie and looked at Youji's worried eyes. There was something in those eyes that he could not placate… something…

He suddenly realized that he was staring, and he immediately looked down, his cheeks flushing and he fidgeted, trying to find something to say… probably an excuse for his untimely daydreaming. He looked up just in time to see a white kitten, partially being held by Omi, dangle on the fabric of Youji's scarf.

"Hey! This is my best scarf!"

Ken's lips tugged up in the faintest semblance of a relieved smile.

"Hora, hora…" Ken announced, clapping his hands twice. "Let's go, time's a-wasting, we must get to school fast!"

Omi laughed, grabbing the kitten and tucking it safely in his arms, the pack of leftover Pocky warm in his coat pocket. "Yeah! Last to arrive at the gates of the main building would be treating for dinner!" He glanced at Youji who paled visibly and winked playfully at Ken. All three started running.

"Matte! Matte yo!"

* * *

"Honestly, do you have to keep an eye on me around here? I mean, I'm already in college…"

"Young master!" A uniformed butler said, aghast. "I'm wounded! I am only thinking of your welfare… why do you not accept my help? Besides, You are only transferring schools, not entering for the first time! Back then, I was also keeping an eye on you and you -"

"Never protested, yeah, I know." An auburn-haired boy with unusual lavender eyes sighed and slumped further down into the comforting leather of the black stretch Limousine. "I did not have the guts to… father is very much adamant about having someone check on me all the time… and Aya-chan wouldn't let me go out alone ever since I was almost…" he sighed again, closing his eyes against the onslaught of painful memories.

He stiffened as he felt a hand on his shoulder. His eyes snapped open, his pupils dilating as it contained the panic that was threatening to burst forth, at the same time slapping it away. When he realized that it was only the butler, he released his pent-up breath and smiled apologetically.

The butler only gave him an understanding smile and a brief nod before looking out the window. As soon as he did, his face lightened as he took in the scenery. "Ah, young master… such majestic place you will live in!"

Curious, his charge turned his head and came face to face with the most awesome sight he had ever seen… well, after Castle Laheen, one of the states his father owned in Ireland. He rolled down the window and took in the sweet smell of autumn. He closed his eyes, wishing that his family were there with him…

"If only…" he murmured almost to himself, tears threatening to fall at the slightest movement. He struggled to maintain his composure, and was almost gratified when he felt a reassuring hand on his shoulder for the second time.

"Young master, we have arrived."

He opened his weary eyes and gazed at the stone edifice that resembled a gigantic Japanese mansion. "Sakura." He read the golden script written in homeland's Kanji. "Cherry blossoms… beautiful…" he murmured as the chauffeur opened the door for him. He dutifully stepped out and looked around before settling his sights on the golden script. Sakura… cherry blossoms… the blooms are the reminiscence of the past that contains the path to the future… I wonder… I wonder what the future will bring… now that I am finally here…

He was woken up from his reverie by a soft, yet steely voice.

"This is the Sakura Dormitory. Welcome and it would be a pleasure for you to stay with us until the day you graduate from the Conservatorio. This is a dorm offered only to Japanese students, and certain rules applying to the culture are implemented. You will be briefed later at eight in the evening."

The boy nodded, his eyes still fixed at the script, his eyes unfathomable because he stood directly under the canopy of a Sakura tree. "I understand." He said quietly. Then, he turned his attention to a gentle, but insistent feeling of warm fur rubbing against his neck.

He hunted for the source of warmth and found himself staring directly at the confused green eyes of a white kitten.

"MEOW!" It greeted him, kitty face scrunched up to what the boy assumed as a welcoming smile.

However, before he could say anything, a pale and frail hand grasped the animal by the neck. "There you are!" A boyish voice admonished. "You scared the hell outta me you cute kitty-cat!"

"Omi-kun."

The boy swore that the newcomer flinched… but then, he had no idea, since the boy was behind him.

The red-haired woman who was his welcoming agent shook her head and gave a wry smile, glancing at the emotionless face of the new boarder. "I'm sorry for that… he would never repeat it again… am I right, Omi-kun?"

"Uh, HAI!" The cat's owner said a bit too enthusiastically. "Gomen… it's just that I was looking for my kitten, and I was so frantic that I was overjoyed when I…"

He turned around, his eyes softening at the sight of the stammering blond boy before him. "It's alright." He cut him off, giving both the kitten and the owner a rueful smile. "I love animals… I have a whole army of cats at home… the young ones are a bit of work at times, but worth it… really worth it."

The younger boy looked up at him, his mouth gaping open as he realized who had just started a conversation with him. "You love animals too? WAI! Sugoi!" He hopped up and down and around the redhead. "Finally, a kindred spirit!" He laughed happily. Then, just as suddenly as he laughed, a frown marred his brow. "Wait a minute… hold… do I KNOW you?"

The taller boy's smile widened slightly, his eyes filled with amusement. "Maybe… but I sure as hell know you, Tsukiyono Omi."

"How -"

"You knocked the weight holding the bars off the greenhouse let my dog run wild in it chasing after your precious Persian. My mother was thoroughly horrified at the turnout."

"That was YOU!" Omi laughed, recalling a disheveled redhead who finally caught up a golden retriever before it wreaked more havoc in the greenhouse. "Gomen! It was a mistake!"

"What is past is past, we can never change that." His voice took on a melancholic edge, but then brightened as another recollection ensued inside his mind. "The look on my sister's face was well worth it - it was the first time I saw her smile after she recovered from the flu. For that, I'm eternally grateful." He smiled sadly.

"Oh…"

"Enough with the reunion ceremonies." The same amused voice that greeted him said almost automatically. "Let's get you tucked in."

"You sound like you're talking to a baby!" Omi grinned teasingly. "You're getting old, Manx-san!"

"Urusai!" She admonished, waving a paper fan in the air threateningly. Suddenly feeling self-conscious for her lack of control, she blushed and cleared her throat. "As I was saying…"

"Yes?" He smiled in amusement at seeing the sophisticated woman acting like a fifteen year old for just a fleeting moment.

"Welcome to The Sakura Dormitory… and we all hope you would find this to be more than adequate as a second home."

"I'm sure I will."

"Then, that's it. We'll all see you in the Receiving Room at eight."

"I will be there Manx-san."

She smiled wryly.

"Keep your promise, Fujimiya Ran"

* * *

"Oi, looky Crawford!"

Bradley Crawford whirled around, staring at the direction his blockmate pointed at. He could not see that clearly, however, all he could make out was the pale outline of a tall person making way towards the Sakura Dormitories. He rubbed the bridge of his nose as the seeming apparition disappeared through the red iron gates under the tall vine-covered arch.

"They've got a new lodger!"

"Seems like it." He agreed, wondering what the person looked like. Actually, he had no idea whether the new resident was male or female… but all the same, there was an unusual aura surrounding the person, making him interested in knowing who it was. "My vision was a little blurred though…"

His companion laughed. "Well, that's because you're not wearing your glasses, silly!"

He immediately blushed in mortification as he saw his glasses on the front pocket of his uniform's coat. "Oh."

"Well, we gotta know who it is, coz the new guy looks so delectable…"

Crawford frowned at his companion's choice of words. He sounded like a cook examining anew piece of meat - or a sex maniac. Either way, the whole thing sounded bad.

"We'd better go before some advocate of justice overhears you and decides to make you lose that tongue of yours." He murmured a bit darkly as he started walking towards the main conservatory building. He slipped on his glasses and put on his most professional look before going through the black wrought-iron gates. "C'mon, Schuldig!"

"Aw, you're no fun!" Schuldig groaned, hurrying to catch up to his best friend. "Hey, wait up!"

* * *

~ TBC ~

* * *

A/N: Well, how do you like it guys? ^_^ I do hope you would review, so that I would know what to write about next! ^_^

Ja! ^_^